The Ultimate Fight 3!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthDaniel1001
My last 2 haven't gone over well, so here's hoping the third time's the charm!

Light Side
LOtF Luke
Yoda
Mace Windu

Dark Side
DE Sidious
Darth Caedus
Exar Kun

Setting: The fields of Naboo...at night.

Darth_Glentract
I'm actually going with team 2 on this one, I think.

Slash_KMC
I'm going with team 1. -_-

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by Slash_KMC
I'm going with team 1. -_-

You dirty rat.

Darth Truculent
Not going to vote because both sides are stacked with some of the strongest Jedi & Sith.

Darth Subjekt
Its a rather good thread, methinks. I would put Luke above Sids, Caedus above Yoda and I think that Mace and Kun could be about equals.

In all likelihood, Luke could do a fair bit of damage with the force, but team 2 has two of the strongest Sith ever... hmmm...

I might have to go with the Sith here. Mace and Yoda wouldn't match up to either of them, so they'd be dispatched and then its 2 (possibly 3 if Kun isn't killed quickly) against Luke, and I don't think he could pull that one off.

xxxpoppunker182
Luke>sids
Yoda>caedous
mace and kun I could see it going either way and could make arguments for both sides.

The way I see it though team 1 wins with difficulty possibly seeing mace die as well.

Lord Lucien
Black guy dies first, huh?

Darth Subjekt
Originally posted by xxxpoppunker182
Luke>sids
Yoda>caedous
mace and kun I could see it going either way and could make arguments for both sides.

The way I see it though team 1 wins with difficulty possibly seeing mace die as well. How is Yoda above Caedus when his powers are on par with Luke and he knows things that luke doesn't?

Slash_KMC
Caedus is on par with Luke now?

kotorfan
i thought no one was on par with luke. maybe luuke, but he died a long time ago.

Darth Subjekt
From what I've heard. And that's when he was still a Jedi. Perhaps wrong choice of words. I don't mean equals. Do you remember when it was being said that once he turned to the darkside that his powers would eclipse Luke's? I'm saying that yea, Luke is superior in areas, but Jacen is better, or knows things that Luke doesn't. But I'm NOT saying that he would defeat Luke, but as we've seen, its not a stomp for Luke either.

Point being, he's beyond that of Yoda.

truejedi
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
From what I've heard. And that's when he was still a Jedi. Perhaps wrong choice of words. I don't mean equals. Do you remember when it was being said that once he turned to the darkside that his powers would eclipse Luke's? I'm saying that yea, Luke is superior in areas, but Jacen is better, or knows things that Luke doesn't. But I'm NOT saying that he would defeat Luke, but as we've seen, its not a stomp for Luke either.

except when it is. Truth be told, LOTF is conflicting enough that we don't know exactly how much more powerful Luke is than Caedus. There is the ONE fight in inferno that shows us that Caedus can touch luke, and everything else in the series indicates Caedus fearing Luke, and Luke holding back when he has his multiple opportunities to off the guy.

Now, how Yoda fits into that... I would put him at the very least on par with Caedus, unless we want to say that Caedus is >ROTS Sidious, which seems unlikely, considering he (sidious) was already in the midst of performing his most impressive force feat (clouding the force for 10,000 jedi)

So i'll take team one... in a squeaky close fight.

DE Sidious will lose to Luke in saber-combat. Not quickly, but he will lose, considering DE Luke beat him.

Exar Kun is > Mace, IMO, BECAUSE of the amulets. If mace can get blade to blade with Kun before he can use the amulet, Kun is toast.

Yoda,is at the least, as explained above, ==Caedus, so i'll go team one.

THough I voted team two above, before i gave it much thought.

Darth_Glentract
truejedi, the LOFT Jedi are just as capable of hiding the in the Force as Sidious was, if not more so. In any case, that has relatively little to do with combat ability.

truejedi
what? what are you talking about DG?

xxxpoppunker182

It's made very clear from inferno on that Luke would STOMP caedous if he fights without holding back. And rather easily as well.

Ya Jacen knows stuff that Luke doesn't know and some things he flat out refuses to learn. But that point doesn't really mean anything here.

as for why yoda would beat caedous after a difficult fight you could just search yoda vs caedous and read 1 of the like 5 threads i think on why he would win.

xxxpoppunker182
Exar Kun is > Mace, IMO, BECAUSE of the amulets. If mace can get blade to blade with Kun before he can use the amulet, Kun is toast.

The question is would vapaad reflect the blasts?

truejedi
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
truejedi, the LOFT Jedi are just as capable of hiding the in the Force as Sidious was, if not more so. In any case, that has relatively little to do with combat ability.
re-read what i said about sidious, i wasn't referring to hiding in the Force.

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by truejedi
re-read what i said about sidious, i wasn't referring to hiding in the Force.

I'm really confused as to what you are asking.

Autokrat
Sidious either hid is own presence in the Force or he blocked the senses of 10,000 Jedi. It be like being a murder surrounded by cops, do you blind all the cops at once or turn yourself invisible to them?

Lord Lucien
Wasn't it a blanket he extended upon all the Jedi? Hence the whole "shroud of the Dark Side has fallen" and "I think it's time we informed the Senate that our ability to use the Force has diminished."

Gideon
Autokrat
Sidious either hid is own presence in the Force or he blocked the senses of 10,000 Jedi. It be like being a murder surrounded by cops, do you blind all the cops at once or turn yourself invisible to them?

Sources indicate that he did both, which is what made the feat so impressive and wankish.

If not more so? When a single Jedi Knight from Luke's order manages to shield their presence from the collective might of ten thousand Jedi, more specifically the entirety of the Jedi High Council despite being in the same room as they are (one of whom possessing the shatterpoint charism, affording him supernatural perception), give me a jingle.

Though I would definitely agree that there are those who are probably as adept in the talent, Jacen shielding Lumiya, for example, I'm not sure one could state with reasonable accuracy that they were more adept.

Darth_Glentract
Alright, granted, I exaggerated when saying possibly more capable at it, but they still are extremely adept. Jacen, Luke, Ben, Mara, and I think more but I can't remember names, were all powerful enough to completely hide from anyone around them. But like I said, it doesn't matter that much anyway, as it won't help in a battle.

Gideon
Darth_Glentract
Alright, granted, I exaggerated when saying possibly more capable at it, but they still are extremely adept. Jacen, Luke, Ben, Mara, and I think more but I can't remember names, were all powerful enough to completely hide from anyone around them. But like I said, it doesn't matter that much anyway, as it won't help in a battle.

It might help them, if they can shield from one's vision.

truejedi
I'm really confused as to what you are asking.

I said Sidious kept 10,000 Jedi from accessing the force as fully.

(Yoda and Mace talking about how their ability to see the future and access the force had diminished in Episode 2)

Nothing about Sidious hiding himself in the force.

Darth_Glentract
Gideon, they aren't really able to use the Force when in the hidden state...

Truejedi, "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is."

Other than that, I'm not sure how Sidious did what you're saying. And again, how would this help him in a one-on-one fight?

Gideon
Glentract

They're unable to do so?

Read my beloved essay.

Nephthys
Your essay is creepy.

Darth_Glentract
Essay???

Nephthys
A 15 page essay on why Sidious is the best evers.

Darth_Glentract
Where at?

Nephthys
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=508764&highlight=Palpatine+essay+forumid%3A6

Darth_Glentract
Well shit. No time to digest that now. I'll read through it later

Darth Subjekt

Truejedi, "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is."

Other than that, I'm not sure how Sidious did what you're saying. And again, how would this help him in a one-on-one fight? He's talking about when Mace said, "I think its time we tell the Senate our ability to use the force has diminished." So if someone id powerful enough to make people like Yoda and Mace question their own abilities, that person has an incredible control and mastery over the force, that could be translated into combat scenarios.

Gideon
Nephthys
Your essay is creepy.

Creepy, but sexy. Rather like Megan Fox.

shifty

Darth Subjekt
Except when she's naked. She's as pale as Sidious and her nipples look like ultra light pink pencil erasers.

Incanus
Originally posted by xxxpoppunker182
Luke>sids
Yoda>caedous

The way I see it though team 1 wins with difficulty possibly seeing mace die as well. Since itDS Kun, then Mace wins due to Vapaad and Shatterpoint, while Luke fights Sidious obviously, Caedus get double teamed. He die, then fight is over.

truejedi
Except when she's naked. She's as pale as Sidious and her nipples look like ultra light pink pencil erasers.
Jennifer's Body? and yes, that is the mace quote i was talking about.

Darth Subjekt
Originally posted by Incanus
Since itDS Kun, then Mace wins due to Vapaad and Shatterpoint, while Luke fights Sidious obviously, Caedus get double teamed. He die, then fight is over. You can't say that just because Mace uses Vaapad that he automatically wins. That's such a bullshit excuse or argument to use.

Incanus
I just dont know much about Kun sue me.

Besides, where are all the other people arguing that Mace can fight off any darksider because Vapaad is ub3r against them?

Darth_Glentract
He's talking about when Mace said, "I think its time we tell the Senate our ability to use the force has diminished." So if someone id powerful enough to make people like Yoda and Mace question their own abilities, that person has an incredible control and mastery over the force, that could be translated into combat scenarios.

Did we ever learn that Sidious specifically was doing that through some technique that he knew, or what?

Darth Subjekt
Yes. Gideon posted the "how" in a thread the other day.

Darth_Glentract
Well you can't expect me to read every thread for the last few days. What was it?

Darth Subjekt
No, I know that. I'm looking for it.

It was either in this or UF2. He also mentions it in that essay he wrote, i beleive. I'll keep looking thoughin the meantime.

Darth_Glentract
I'll look too. I have to leave for a few hours though so no rush.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.