My problem (s) with the Twilight series

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omnislash Kid
1. Good idea but poorly writen
2 Dumb fangirls that obsess over a fictional character and make statements like, "Edward Cullen is would be the best boyfriend" despite the fact that they might already have a boyfriend
3. The fact that girls say this like real people cant be as good if not better than Edward Cullen
4. Glittery vampires (I dont think anything spells out "pussy" more than that)
5. And being so over-hyped (I've read two of the books and I've got to say I wasn't impressed)

I also watched the movie (which wasn't to bad)

So I guess it's not my supreme dislike towards the series (though it wasn't that great) but more so towards Edward Cullen

Who else agrees with this?

That ACDC Chick
to me the books were alright its the movie thats the problem
it didn't even get popular till the first came out

all i can ever hope for is that the chick and dood playing Bella and Edward will get cut loose soon and they'll bring some real talent into the picture

Bardock42
Originally posted by Omnislash Kid

2 Dumb fangirls that obsess over a fictional character and make statements like, "Edward Cullen is would be the best boyfriend" despite the fact that they might already have a boyfriend
3. The fact that girls say this like real people cant be as good if not better than Edward Cullen

I take it your girlfriend (or stalkery crush) has a boner for Edward?

charmaine
Nothing wrong with books but maybe the cast of the films are questionable to say the least (kristin Stewart) for example

Jaeh.is.Awesome
5. And being so over-hyped (I've read two of the books and I've got to say I wasn't impressed)

So I guess it's not my supreme dislike towards the series (though it wasn't that great) but more so towards Edward Cullen

there is actually a whole website dedicated to Twilight being bad, lol

...I don't like it because i'm not a fan of super purply prose. and a lot more. >>.

Kelly_Bean
Twilight is stupid.
Plain and simple, lol.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Originally posted by Kelly_Bean
Twilight is stupid.
Plain and simple, lol.

lol spot on.

Darth Macabre
It's poorly written. That's my problem with it.

Omnislash Kid
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
It's poorly written. That's my problem with it. I think that was my first problem with it
xD

Jaeh.is.Awesome
I think that was my first problem with it
xD

I actually had an urge to pick up a book and a red marker, and just start editing it. >>.

Oh, another problem with it is Edward and Bella's relationship is kinda abusive. >>.

Omnislash Kid
Originally posted by Jaeh.is.Awesome
I actually had an urge to pick up a book and a red marker, and just start editing it. >>.

Oh, another problem with it is Edward and Bella's relationship is kinda abusive. >>. You think?! lol
Edward is a dick. I mean in real life any other girl would say to her, "oh why dont you just leave him?" but ohhhh nooo, since he's a vampire that they dream about f****** it's a completely different story. Girls are dumb and blind by the whole Twilight series. I have seriously heard girls say that they wouldn't go out with guys unless they were as good as Edward. WTF?!

Jaeh.is.Awesome
*happy that she is not one of the girls that Twilight has eaten in its tracks*

Bella makes girls look bad. -_-' I'm convinced that something's wrong with her. "Oh, you're a vampire, and you supposedly eat people? I think I love you." "Oh, you left me, now I'm gonna jump off a cliff to cliff dive so i can hear your voice in my head. I have issues, but instead of being normal about them, I choose to be stupid."

and a lot more. >>.

Omnislash Kid
I think she needs counseling lol

Jaeh.is.Awesome
indeed.

Omnislash Kid
I think girls are crazy then because I've noticed a lot of them say they could be Bella haha

Jaeh.is.Awesome
maybe stick out tongue

steverules_2
I disliked Bella...in the movie that is, I have never wanted a main character to die as much as I did her...I mean for Gods sake she's so damn clingy. And the fact that a vampire sparkles when in light....I wanted to shoot myself over that erm Twighlight in general I guess just kinda pisses me off

MildPossession
I've been told to pick up a copy of the book Breaking Dawn from the library if I want a laugh because apparently it is horrendous in the writing and grammar department...

Ladyluck
The books were very poorly written. I was forced to read them by my 13 year old cousin laughing out loud The first book was alright but it seemed like Meyer didn't know where to go from there and just started writing a random story and throwing things in here and there.

It's a little annoying that every little girl is obsessed with Edward, but hey, when I was young every girl was just as obsessed with Nick from the Backstreet Boys. Not a big deal.Jacob is better anyways. The whole time I was reading I was hoping she'd come to her non-existent senses and just go be with him, but nooo. disgust

I really do hate the main character, Bella. She's pretty dumb. I also strongly dislike Kristen Stewart as an actress.

It is geared towards a younger audience and I think it's a decent, simple read for young girls. It's no notable work of literary genius or anything but it's ok for the younger generation.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Ladyluck
Jacob is better anyways. The whole time I was reading I was hoping she'd come to her non-existent senses and just go be with him, but nooo. disgust

Jacob's the one that "rape-kissed" her and then raped her 1 year old daughter, right?

steverules_2
Originally posted by Bardock42
Jacob's the one that "rape-kissed" her and then raped her 1 year old daughter, right?

Jacobs the one with the long hair and looked like a shemale..then he gets a hair cut...still a shemale tho...

Ladyluck

Um, well.. no roll eyes (sarcastic)

LaughLiveScream
Um, well.. no roll eyes (sarcastic)

Kinda wink

That ACDC Chick
*happy that she is not one of the girls that Twilight has eaten in its tracks*

Bella makes girls look bad. -_-' I'm convinced that something's wrong with her. "Oh, you're a vampire, and you supposedly eat people? I think I love you." "Oh, you left me, now I'm gonna jump off a cliff to cliff dive so i can hear your voice in my head. I have issues, but instead of being normal about them, I choose to be stupid."

and a lot more. >>.
hell yeah!hi5

plus she used the exact same character type for her "adult" novel The Host
that one was okay

it always been 40% off at Borders for Borders Rewards members and 20% off for regular customers the thing i hate though is that at Borders, the first thing i see when i go browsing for books is an entire shelf dedicated to Twilight crap uggh

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Originally posted by That ACDC Chick
hell yeah!hi5

plus she used the exact same character type for her "adult" novel The Host
that one was okay

it always been 40% off at Borders for Borders Rewards members and 20% off for regular customers the thing i hate though is that at Borders, the first thing i see when i go browsing for books is an entire shelf dedicated to Twilight crap uggh

I actually cringe when I see a whole shelf dedicated to Twilight. >>.

Bardock42
Um, well.. no roll eyes (sarcastic) No, yeah, he is.

Omnislash Kid
I actually cringe when I see a whole shelf dedicated to Twilight. >>. I feel your same pain. Twilight is the reason why I stopped going to Barnes & Noble

Eon Blue
I <3 Twilight.

That ACDC Chick
I actually cringe when I see a whole shelf dedicated to Twilight. >>.
my eyes start puking

Jaeh.is.Awesome
I feel your same pain. Twilight is the reason why I stopped going to Barnes & Noble

I know right. >>.

my eyes start puking

that sounds so poetic stick out tongue

What annoys me most are rabid fangirls... ones that can't take it when we bash criticize the book.

That ACDC Chick
I know right. >>.

that sounds so poetic stick out tongue

What annoys me most are rabid fangirls... ones that can't take it when we bash criticize the book.
sounds poetic
isnt no expression

they only like it for that R Patz dood
why is beyond me though
i mean who in their right mind would like that thing???

http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/uu328/milanista0/Robert%20Pattinson/robteenchoiceawards.jpg

maybe i shoud use him as my Halloween sig mhmm

MildPossession
How silly, stopping going in to a WHOLE shop just because of a book series on one shelf...

There is this wonderful thing where you can ignore it and move on to where you want to look.

stick out tongue

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Originally posted by MildPossession
How silly, stopping going in to a WHOLE shop just because of a book series on one shelf...

There is this wonderful thing where you can ignore it and move on to where you want to look.

stick out tongue

it's everywhere. :shock: and you couldn't really ignore it. It's usually in front of the shop - it's like a deterrent for people who want to go in.

but I guess it is rather too much. big grin I just make exaggerated grossed out faces when I pass by the books.

no fan has attacked me just yet. heh.

MildPossession
Of course you can't ignore it in that way, but you ignore it another way as in not going up to the shelf and looking closer... quite simple. stick out tongue

Omnislash Kid
Originally posted by MildPossession
Of course you can't ignore it in that way, but you ignore it another way as in not going up to the shelf and looking closer... quite simple. stick out tongue no I've tried. the damn series is everywhere no matter what form it's in. It's either posters, books, random ass chess pieces, or signs for the damned series on the windows and doors. If Barnes and Noble wants to promote a crappy book like that so badly be my guest because I will never go there again if they think that's a book worth promoting that much (which doesn't say much for the books that are under promoted that deserve the attention)

NemeBro
Where to start?

1. It is poorly written. I have actually read a fanfiction about a giant squid having sex with Hogwarts that was more skillfully written than Twilight.

2. The vampires are horrendously gay. They sparkle and don't have fangs. They aren't vampires. They're homosexual zombies.

3. The very fact that Edward is thought of as this perfect guy by all of these little teeny-bopper children is disgusting. He's emotionally abusive to Bella, and controlling. He leaves bruises on her after sex, yet this is supposed to be fine.

4. Even Jacob is a douchebag. He forces a kiss on Bella while injuring her...And Bella's father is fine with it. This is not even talking about the fact that he...Fell in love with an infant. erm

5. The undertones that "Domestic abuse is AWWWRIGHT as long as you remind yourself that he REARRY WUVS YOU!!!"

6. Bella is just an annoying Mary Stu who is basically just a not fat Stephenie Meyer, she is what Meyer wishes she was.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by NemeBro
Where to start?

1. It is poorly written. I have actually read a fanfiction about a giant squid having sex with Hogwarts that was more skillfully written than Twilight.

2. The vampires are horrendously gay. They sparkle and don't have fangs. They aren't vampires. They're homosexual zombies.

3. The very fact that Edward is thought of as this perfect guy by all of these little teeny-bopper children is disgusting. He's emotionally abusive to Bella, and controlling. He leaves bruises on her after sex, yet this is supposed to be fine.

4. Even Jacob is a douchebag. He forces a kiss on Bella while injuring her...And Bella's father is fine with it. This is not even talking about the fact that he...Fell in love with an infant. erm

5. The undertones that "Domestic abuse is AWWWRIGHT as long as you remind yourself that he REARRY WUVS YOU!!!"

6. Bella is just an annoying Mary Stu who is basically just a not fat Stephenie Meyer, she is what Meyer wishes she was.

Add in the fact that this vampire is old as shit but he still goes to High School...

That ACDC Chick
it's everywhere. :shock: and you couldn't really ignore it. It's usually in front of the shop - it's like a deterrent for people who want to go in.

but I guess it is rather too much. big grin I just make exaggerated grossed out faces when I pass by the books.

no fan has attacked me just yet. heh.
maybe thats why kids these days would rather watch a movie based on a book than read the actual book

Kaworori
There's a myriad of reasons why I wouldn't read Twilight, not least because of the sheer embarrassment of having done so in the climate of mass derision which exists now, but quite plainly I'm sick of vampire novels about sex (or lack thereof).

Bladewind
My problem with it is that everybody is crazy about it. It puts other vampire books into the shadows that are much better! Shiny skin shocking? What is wrong with those guys? This book is killing the true vampire!rip

MildPossession
Will the films be able to carry on as 12A? that's the rating here in Britain. That sounds like something that would be allowed in a 15 rating, sexual violence. Unless they leave that part out from the book.

That ACDC Chick
i highly doubt theyre gonna show them havin sex
maybe theyll put the partin where theyre in the water right before, but definately not during and especially not the after effects
i suspect theyll just skip from that to when she wakes up and hes out hunting and she gets the munchies

maham
I haven't read the books or watched the film,but I know the general idea of it and i think it's cheesy;written for the lovey-dovey kind of girls.It's seriously over-rated.

Celestialgirl
*I was always a Buffy fan so when my sister got me to read twilight I was like it's okay, but buffy already did the human/vampire thing and she did it way better! I thought the first book was good, the second one I wanted to kill Bella she whined and whined and whined I was kinda happy that he was going to go kill himself in the second and dissappointed when Bella stopped him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZwM3GvaTRM

buffy vs. edward!

draxx_tOfU
Bella sort of reminds me of Lana Lang in Smallville...

Whine...

Whine...

And more whining...

maham
Ok.Now I've read it and can safely comment.reading big grin I still hold the same opinion.THere were parts and times when you said,'For goodness sake! Enough already with the cheesy romance.' miffed

I did enjoy reading some parts though.It gave you a rush and excitement at points,but then towards the end,it faded.It got too much.

A friend of mine described it to be like 'no-so-designer chocolate'.It gives you a sugar rush when you're having it,but when it's gone,you feel like you wasted your money and got a few extra kilo calories.

The thing I like about it was that the story developed slowly rather than too quickly to absorb. happy

Allankles
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
It's poorly written. That's my problem with it.

I wouldn't even dare read it. Glittery vampires are played out. I prefer my vampires to be monstrous, and if not monstrous at least bad ass, in the vein of Blade or Masquerade.

That ACDC Chick
the only reason i read it was cause it wasnt what it is today and it was reccomended to me by my friends at book club

Bardock42
the only reason i read it was cause it wasnt what it is today and it was reccomended to me by my friends at book club The book as the same, no?

Peach
My problem with Twilight it the very existence of it...

That ACDC Chick
The book as the same, no?
no i mean the popularity of it and the lack of screaming Jacob and Edward fangirls

That ACDC Chick
Nqvg0C90FhM
lets go eat some people! w00t

scampett94
i think the movie is alright jacob black is sooooo cute emmet is okey

lordmegatron1
My God woman. Give it up. Even here you've got a supreme overlord wanting to kill you. So just keep your piehole shut so I don't have to resort to sending the symbiotes after you over a FREAKIN' FICTIONAL CHARACTER!!!

ADarksideJedi
I think it is too mushy and Bella is so emo and always seen to be in trouble and that the plot is not sticking to the story line and also her ideas of what a vampire is does not go by my thoughts on vampires.

Master_Starbuck
Originally posted by Jaeh

Oh, another problem with it is Edward and Bella's relationship is kinda abusive. >>.

About 70 to 80% of girls already go out with, and seem to prefer being with, guys who are abusive or neglectful anyway.
I haven't seen the movie or read the book, but he can't be any worse than the type of guy most women seem to prefer being with.

She might as well go out with Ed, anyway.

MadMel
Originally posted by Peach
My problem with Twilight it the very existence of it...
This...

Nqvg0C90FhM
lets go eat some people! w00t
And this...

These posts sum up my general opinion on twilight. If I could go back in time, I would stop the series from being written. Or a the very least, made sure it stopped at 1 - Like in the above video.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Master_Starbuck
About 70 to 80% of girls already go out with, and seem to prefer being with, guys who are abusive or neglectful anyway.
I haven't seen the movie or read the book, but he can't be any worse than the type of guy most women seem to prefer being with.

She might as well go out with Ed, anyway.

Yikes, did you wash that stat?

Omega Vision
Twilight gives me hope. Because if that shit can get published then I can get published. stick out tongue

Master_Starbuck
Yikes, did you wash that stat?

'The hell you mean wash?

maham

I do. After the first book I was done with it. I like the films but not too much.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.