X-men orgins thoughts

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

K-Dog
Finally saw X-men orgins after the DVD release date. Very good movie. A few thoughts and questions...
Wolverine says his usual line "I'm the best at what I do.." to his girlfriend describing why Colonel Stryker wants him back. I was thinking that up to that point we didn't see him do anything great. Wade (deadpool) and Agent 0 (Bishop I suppose?) had the best showings. Plus Sabertooth kicks Wolverine's butt a little bit later. Why does Logan think he is such hot stuff?

Next, why does the guy with teleportation powers think that he can kill Sabertooth? Sabertooth heals instantly from most attacks. Wasn't that a little bit dumb? I guess they needed a plot device to get a sample of his DNA for Deadpool. But couldn't Stryker just have taken a blood sample a long time ago?

Why did Stryker tell Sabertooth that he would not survive the adamantium bonding process? Sabertooth said that he could survive anything that Logan could. Stryker says "no you can't." Logan looked weaker on taking physical attacks to me (before getting metalized). Was Stryker trying to keep him killable in case he turned into an enemy?

Ok that's all. Very good movie. A good portrayal of Sabertooth vs. the earlier role of just looking big and dumb. A neat variation on Bishop and a teleporter, making them different than the comics.

Oh, one last question....Bishop was Agent 0....Wolverine was Weapon x....Deadpool was Weapon 11.....who where numbers 1 through 9?

KingD19
That wasn't Bishop, that was Maverick/Christopher Nord(His real powers are Kinetic energy strength amplification. Basically he's like Sebastian Shaw, hit something, or get hit, and he gets stronger.)

What he does is kill people, and he did a lot of that in the movie.

John Wraith/Kestrel/Will.i.Am was just mad because Sabertooth told him he killed Blob, he and Blob were friends. And the reason that Stryker didn't get a tissue sample before, was because he didn't have the funding or ideas for it till after they all left.

Sabertooth's HF has never been quite as strong as Wolverine's.

And Kestrel is the exact same as the comics, right down to his looks. They changed Deadpool, Blob, Maverick, Cyclops, etc....

Placidity
Originally posted by K-Dog

Why did Stryker tell Sabertooth that he would not survive the adamantium bonding process? Sabertooth said that he could survive anything that Logan could. Stryker says "no you can't." Logan looked weaker on taking physical attacks to me (before getting metalized). Was Stryker trying to keep him killable in case he turned into an enemy?

Originally posted by KingD19

Sabertooth's HF has never been quite as strong as Wolverine's.

Maybe in the comics Creed's HF was inferior to Wolverine. But in the film, theres nothing to suggest that.

In fact, Creed beat Wolvie in their first fight. Maybe the win was attributable to fighting skills and strength? I dunno.

The reason I thought Stryker told Creed "no" is because he wanted to use the procedure on someone he could control. Creed could've just as easily turned against them like Wolvie did, and that would've been another half a billion dollars down the drain.

KingD19
True enough nothing to suggest it, and you are right, he did think he could control Wolverine, considering that he planted Fox and all of that years ahead of time.

And I do think Victor winning their first fight was because he was naturally stronger than Logan, plus he'd continued to fight, while Logan got rusty, and had been chopping wood for a living.

Impediment
Please use the official X-Men Origins: Wolverine thread in the Comic Book Movie Forum. Thank you, and closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.