captain atom vs beta ray bill

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

psycho gundam
bill hunting galactus runs into captain atom in space and confuses him for yet another herald of galactus and proceeds to attack him. atom is definitely ready to defend himself.

who wins?

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/8664/945891294348134492capta.gif

vs

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/9919/636675497hpf7axl.jpg

Warlord
BILL

Prep-Man
At his best, Atom wins.

thanos-prime
Atom

Placidity
Atom cause Bill is ugly.

Blanket
Bill because Atom is terrible.

Warlord
Didn't Atom get his ass handed to him by Mary Marvel?

Prep-Man
yes, but he has more experience and better feats since then. His potential is near limitless as we've seen him create a pocket universe.

Warlord
yeah I've seen the universe thing although he have never displayed that much power in a fight

Lord Feron
Bill

BattleMage
BRB but after a good fight!

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Warlord
yeah I've seen the universe thing although he have never displayed that much power in a fight

Yeah, but Captain has shown he can manipulate energy better than Bill, plus he's immune to magic now.

BattleMage
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Yeah, but Captain has shown he can manipulate energy better than Bill, plus he's immune to magic now. Oh really. I did not know that about the magic part. And are BRB & Thor powerful enough to create a pocket universe?

Warlord
still he isn't immune to hammer to face...stick out tongue
Bill wins this

Prep-Man
Cap is also fast as well, so he could dodge bill.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by BattleMage
Oh really. I did not know that about the magic part. And are BRB & Thor powerful enough to create a pocket universe?

It's something of a new thing for Atom.

Warlord
Cap is also fast as well, so he could dodge bill.

i wouldn't rank him as faster. at least not faster enough to get the win because of it.

IMO Atom can absorb Bill's energies whileBill can do the same with Atom's which will lead them to H2H fight where Bill has an advantage IMO.

Bill wins this 6,5/10

BattleMage
Can brb and thor create a pocket universe?

Warlord
Atom cannot also...I think this story was something with him exploiting his full potential. these are not his regular power levels.
It's like saying Gambit can go New Sun whenever he wants

Prep-Man
i wouldn't rank him as faster. at least not faster enough to get the win because of it.

IMO Atom can absorb Bill's energies whileBill can do the same with Atom's which will lead them to H2H fight where Bill has an advantage IMO.

Bill wins this 6,5/10

I think it would. Remember, Cap has come a long way. He has notable wins over Hal Jordan, Firestorm, Mr. Majestic, has taken blasts from Void (Wildstorm's Void), can absorb Bills blasts and increase his own power through that, and casually turned off The Ray's power source with a snap.

Prep-Man
Here are the pics.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l130/Red_Atom/Captain%20Atom/Cap%20scans/captainatom54163ui.jpg

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l130/Red_Atom/Captain%20Atom/Cap%20scans/captainatom54182hn.jpg

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l130/Red_Atom/Captain%20Atom/Cap%20scans/captainatom54195mk.jpg

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l130/Red_Atom/Captain%20Atom/Cap%20scans/captainatom54207wq.jpg

Destorys it.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l130/Red_Atom/Captain%20Atom/Cap%20scans/captainatom056199yp.jpg

Capt Spaulding for the pics.

Warlord
I think it would. Remember, Cap has come a long way. He has notable wins over Hal Jordan, Firestorm, Mr. Majestic, has taken blasts from Void (Wildstorm's Void), can absorb Bills blasts and increase his own power through that, and casually turned off The Ray's power source with a snap.

yes but bill's energies are magical and I've never seen him being empoered by magic.
plus bill doesn't have a powersource to be cut from.
atom is great against energy based beings but bill is much more than that.

as for the speed bill has shown to react and fight at ftl speeds and atom is no flash for that matter.

to sum it up, they will end fighting h2h where bill has the advantage IMO

Prep-Man
yes but bill's energies are magical and I've never seen him being empoered by magic.
plus bill doesn't have a powersource to be cut from.
atom is great against energy based beings but bill is much more than that.

as for the speed bill has shown to react and fight at ftl speeds and atom is no flash for that matter.

to sum it up, they will end fighting h2h where bill has the advantage IMO

Or Cap using his quantum energy to blast him like Surfer. His energy source is unlimited.

Prep-Man
Actually, if you count NEKRON as magical, he has a magical realm, Captain Atom DID absorb his energy. Nekron > BRB.

Warlord
Or Cap using his quantum energy to blast him like Surfer. His energy source is unlimited.

in that fight Surfer's blasts were easily absorbed by stormbreaker.
Surfer had to surprise him with his board. I don't think it would be easy for Atom to win with this tactic

Warlord
Actually, if you count NEKRON as magical, he has a magical realm, Captain Atom DID absorb his energy. Nekron > BRB.

is he mystical though?
he seems more "cosmic" to me

Prep-Man
It wouldn't be easy, but it's possible, seeing as Cap has unlimited energy at his disposal. I doubt Bill can absorb it all.

Prep-Man
is he mystical though?
he seems more "cosmic" to me

More than likely. His realm lies around Hell, which is a magical realm in the DCU.

Warlord
It wouldn't be easy, but it's possible, seeing as Cap has unlimited energy at his disposal. I doubt Bill can absorb it all.

why not?
the hammers don't seem to have a cap when absorbing.
plus "unlimited" energy is a hyperbole. even beings like Galactus don't have unlimited energy

Warlord
More than likely. His realm lies around Hell, which is a magical realm in the DCU.

OK then I guess he could absorb Bill's magic blasts.
It would only lead to Bill stop firing...wink

Prep-Man
why not?
the hammers don't seem to have a cap when absorbing.
plus "unlimited" energy is a hyperbole. even beings like Galactus don't have unlimited energy

So you think Bill can absorb Galactus and such? Galactus hasn't even shown the ability to create a universe as easy as Captain Atom.

Prep-Man
OK then I guess he could absorb Bill's magic blasts.
It would only lead to Bill stop firing...wink

Well, Cap absorbed Nekron's own personal energy, which made it possible for him to defeat him PHYSICALLY. Same could be said about Bill himself.

Warlord
So you think Bill can absorb Galactus and such? Galactus hasn't even shown the ability to create a universe as easy as Captain Atom.

I could see bill absorbing some of Galactus's attacks.
Again the universe creation feat was a hypothetical scenario of Atom utilizing his full potential IIRC.
Unless you suggest regular Atom is close to Galactus or anything

Wild Shadow
sigh... facepalm

no but he has shown the ability to consume a pocket dimension not that it matters..

certain powerset and abilities are not looked at as the norm for fights unless it is done consistently without any outside help or circumstance.

might as well start saying every hero villain whose powerset can allow them to create a universe or sun is automatically a winner in forum fights while ignoring the circumstance of their actions and time table.

Prep-Man
Again the universe creation feat was a hypothetical scenario of Atom utilizing his full potential IIRC.
Unless you suggest regular Atom is close to Galactus or anything

But he did create one, which is one up on big old G.

Wild Shadow
Unless you suggest regular Atom is close to Galactus or anything so it never happen? is it like the hypothetical scenero of hal on hal he would take down the entire JLA single handedly?

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
sigh... facepalm

no but he has shown the ability to consume a pocket dimension not that it matters..

certain powerset and abilities are not looked at as the norm for fights unless it is done consistently without any outside help or circumstance.

might as well start saying every hero villain whose powerset can allow them to create a universe or sun is automatically a winner in forum fights well ignoring the circumstance of their actions and time table.

The only help was the teacher. Cap did all the work.

Wild Shadow
tell me how is that going to help Cap win a fight?

its like putting franklin richards against a guy with a gun... it dont matter about his potential and that he carries a ball with him a bullet will still kill him and he is just as frail as any other human.

Prep-Man
so it never happen? is it like the hypothetical scenero of hal on hal he would take down the entire JLA single handedly?

Hal did take down the league, pre-crisis.

Warlord
Why he hasn't performed such a feat again if he is capable to do so then.
Let's not go that far and put Atom on an abstaract power level cause he's not

Prep-Man

its like putting franklin richards against a guy with a gun... it dont matter about his potential and that he carries a ball with him a bullet will still kill him and he is just as frail as any other human.

I never said him creating a universe would make it an automatic win.

Prep-Man
Why he hasn't performed such a feat again if he is capable to do so then.
Let's not go that far and put Atom on an abstaract power level cause he's not

Him standing up to Monarch, Void, and Nekron make him high up there. He's not Galactus level in importance, but you don't have to be.

Warlord
but he is in power?

Prep-Man
Abstract level in power? Possibly. Not many top tier or HERALDS for that matter can casually create a pocket universe. Unless I'm forgetting someone.

He's basically the avatar of the quantum field, which is like Flash as the avatar of The Speed Force. Maybe a notch below abstract level.

Lunacyde

True, but Cap Atom is already at near Superman levels physically in addition to his energy and matter manipulation, so the analogy, although informative, isn't necessarily accurate.

Prep-Man
He actually went toe to toe with Superman and Majestic before.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Lunacyde
True, but Cap Atom is already at near Superman levels physically in addition to his energy and matter manipulation, so the analogy, although informative, isn't necessarily accurate. well the reference is that a bullet<storm breaker and although physically similar i think a hammer makes a difference.

Warlord
ok end of debate...

You are sticking to an instance that took part once and it was decades ago, while he has constantly having trouble fighting high tiers like marry marvel major force etc...
If you think that guy is just below abstract then we shouldn't further debate since he is up to a character like Bill.

I just think you're overestimating him though

Prep-Man
ok end of debate...

You are sticking to an instance that took part once and it was decades ago, while he has constantly having trouble fighting high tiers like marry marvel major force etc...
If you think that guy is just below abstract then we shouldn't further debate since he is up to a character like Bill.

I just think you're overestimating him though

Low feats, which he has made up for in the past couple years, IMO. Now he's immune to magic, which will help a lot.

Warlord
low feats?

his whole career with the JLA was going against high tiers at best.
How can all those fights be low feats?

A guy like the one you're describing should be able to one-shoot Superman or Majestic which was never the case through the years...

ah anyway we can just dissagree

Prep-Man
Major Force isn't even a low feat. He did take on multiple JLA members and Cap has gone up against top tiers regularly. I've mentioned them before.

Wild Shadow
major force was always a jobber to me and low mid level meta.. i remember he was getting beat by a rookie kyle who only had the ring for a few weeks.

Warlord
sure buddy but stalemating a top tier is hardly an abstract level power feat.
I never doubted CA is a top tier, I just doubt his "universe creating" powers

Prep-Man
He wasn't always a jobber, no and in his recent showings, he did take on Cap and brought him in, IIRC.

Prep-Man
sure buddy but stalemating a top tier is hardly an abstract level power feat.
I never doubted CA is a top tier, I just doubt his "universe creating" powers

First of all, I'm not basing this fight off of Cap being abstract level. I was saying his POTENTIAL was. You brought up BRB simply absorbing Cap's powers, but the reason I brought up the universe bit, was because Cap had limitless energy at his disposal, which would make Bill fail at absorbing his energy.

Lunacyde
major force was always a jobber to me and low mid level meta.. i remember he was getting beat by a rookie kyle who only had the ring for a few weeks.

A rookie Hal, who had just received his ring survived a nuclear explosion at point blank range. GL rookies have had some impressive showing before.

Warlord
First of all, I'm not basing this fight off of Cap being abstract level. I was saying his POTENTIAL was. You brought up BRB simply absorbing Cap's powers, but the reason I brought up the universe bit, was because Cap had limitless energy at his disposal, which would make Bill fail at absorbing his energy.

just to clarify...I'm not saying Bill will DRAIN cap of his energy. I'm saying he can ABSORB anything cap throws at him.

You suggest Cap can overload stormbreaker couse Cap had once created a pocet universe while the hammers don't seem to have a limmit when absorbing energy. Plus Cap has never produced universe creating/destryoing level energy blasts in a fight and Thro's hammer was able to absorb the null bomb's (or whatever the name was) energies without overloading.

So again: Bill can absorb (not darin) Cap's blasts
Cap can do the same to Bill
The fight will go to h2h
Bill has an advantage there
Bill wins
All IMO of course

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Lunacyde
A rookie Hal, who had just received his ring survived a nuclear explosion at point blank range. GL rookies have had some impressive showing before. green lantern stabbed him. no expression damaging his containment suit.. he go boom.. seems major force has no business fighting any top tier heroes or villains.. same with bombshell..

Lunacyde
green lantern stabbed him. no expression damaging his containment suit.. he go boom.. seems major force has no business fighting any top tier heroes or villains.. same with bombshell..

I can mostly agree with that. I'm just saying losing to a rookie Kyle is THAT much of a low showing.

Wild Shadow
losing to any rookie is a no showing minus the old school comics with Hal..

Kyle was getting his @$$ handed to him by know lvl metas and barely surviving guys like sonar and whatnot.. his rogue gallery and villains started very low like the guy who had a robotic battle suit that shot electricity..

guys barely clearing the low meta power bracket

Slaanesh
CA FTW

Johnny Sorrow

He's not a "low mid level meta" (whatever that really means). He's a high-level threat who also turns out to be a complete moron.

Naija boy
bill

batdude123
yes, but he has more experience and better feats since then. His potential is near limitless as we've seen him create a pocket universe.

It wasn't a "pocket" universe at all.

Warlord
Bill
wink

Prep-Man
Originally posted by batdude123
It wasn't a "pocket" universe at all.

What was it, then?

BattleMage
C.A. will be in the fight but he's not beating Bill. BRB 7/10

galactusischere
Bill has FTL combat speed.

He wins.

Warlord
What was it, then?

a normal univrse which is even more contradictive to his usual showings

Prep-Man
a normal univrse which is even more contradictive to his usual showings

Never said he'd do something like that in a fight, though. I just thought you meant Bill would just absorb all his energy. But we cleared that up. I'd still back Captain Atom in a fight, especially in his latest bouts.

Warlord
and I'll back Bill...sneer
stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.