Pirates of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides Rumors

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ToddianGirl
This thread is for any rumors you might come across for the 4th pirates movie. One rumor being that Russel Brand might play Jack's brother look at this picture http://www.boomspeed.com/blariangirl/pirates_of_the_caribbean_by_cameronjohnson.jpg Does he or does he not so could be Jack's brother? It's so amazing how much Russel looks like Jack Sparrow. It's like Jack Sparrow is real!

Bwa Ha Ha
Whoa, cool!

ibd4eva
^^teehee smile

ahh Russell Brand! that looks awesome!

Bwa Ha Ha
Totally.

(Awesome.)

ToddianGirl
Yes very cool I found it on deviantart.com wait here's another one http://fc09.deviantart.com/fs14/i/2007/105/0/6/Brand_V_Sparrow_by_Dyslexic_Duckling.jpg

Bwa Ha Ha
big grin

PirateDiva
LMAO!!! I think it would be funny for Jack to encounter some1 as odd as him!!! lol...i think Johnny and Russell would kill it in a scene like that!! lol...im sure it would be ROTFLMAO worthy!!! laughing

PirateofOslo
Russel's got so many haters... I THINK HE'S FAB!

Bwa Ha Ha
I would ROFLD.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Guys! We haven't officially welcomed PirateoftheOslo!

or have we and I missed it.. confused

anyway, Hi Pirateof.... I'm calling you Poto. or if you have another nickname you want us to use - you name's kinda long. stick out tongue Well, welcome to this small pocket of KMC called POTC Forums xD Hope you become a regular xD

As for russel brand - I dunno.. I've never seen him act and stuff, so I just... dunno..

PirateofOslo
Thanks so much big grin
It's just PirateofOslo btw smile You can call me Andrea if you want smile

I hope so too!! I thought it was about time to join a new POTC forum now that the title and date for the fourth one is official, I need someone to talk to it about, or I'll drive my friends nuts! My old forum was norwegian(I'm from Norway), and I can't even remeber what forum it was lol...

Bwa Ha Ha
Ooh! Norway! Cool!

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Oh cool - Norwegian. xD

So, poll: we have peeps from the US of A, someone from Australia, one from Philippines (me xD)... (and of course, someone from Norway. haha)

Andrea. that's shorter than pirateofoslo. I don't wanna call you Poo stick out tongue but yeah. Hi andrea, and welcome to here! feel free to go around and join the craziness. xD

Is Russell brand a good actor? or just not bad? if he's going to be in potc 4 and is gonna be jack's bro, he needs to totally step it up...

Bwa Ha Ha
You killed me with the Poo thing....

ibd4eva
^^ me too smile i just literally LOLed big grin

Bwa Ha Ha
I ROFLD.

Tramps Lady
haha... i just sat here and thought you were stoopid XD

ILY!!!!

PirateofOslo
OMG!!! Poo!! That made me laugh so hard. Please do NOT call me that smile Stick with Andrea smile

I think Russel Brand is great, you should see "Forgetting Sarah Marchall"! That's the only movie I've seen him in, I don't even know if he's done many others. But he's hilarious in it, for sure! And I think he'd do a good pirate, he's even weirder than Jack!(I mean that in a good way, I love Jack's weirdness)

PirateofOslo
^ I ment Marshall, lol

Jaeh.is.Awesome
oh-hoh no stick out tongue he can't be weirder than Jack. Jack should be the only weird pirate. he's unique that way. jack's bro should be normal or something. maybe not even a pirate. need a twist.

Tramps Lady
Russell was in St. Trinians. He was also in Bedtime stories (he was funny as). and I believe i saw him in something else... but the title escapes me..

he is a very funny man wink

Jaeh.is.Awesome
whoa - who was he in bedtime stories?

PirateofOslo
lol ok maybe not weirder.. but he sure is weird! I can totally picture him being all overexcited and annoying to jack, being all wannabe pirate... teehee

Jaeh.is.Awesome
lol stick out tongue

that would work, i guess. but if jack's gonna have a brother i want a twist of sorts. I dunno what kinda twist, but it MUST be a good twist. xD

Tramps Lady
in bedtime stories... he was adam sandlers mate or whatever... looked after the kids?

Tramps Lady
sorry about double posting messed

haha. Jaeh... just looking up a bit.. there are plenty of people from Australia.

Me... Audio.... and others... but i dont remember messed

Jaeh.is.Awesome
well there are only a few active stick out tongue

Bwa Ha Ha
BLARG!

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Oh yeah i remember him now! he was quite funny in that, yes.

hmm, i still want to see twists if jack's gonna have a bro xD

ibd4eva
i love bedtime stories!!!...sorry i really love that movie though

Bwa Ha Ha
I got to see 3/4 of it....

Tramps Lady
why only 3/4?

Bwa Ha Ha
I was in school and the bell rang.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
oh lol. ever planned on finishing it?

Bwa Ha Ha
Yeah, never've gotten a chance, though.

Alright, I HAVE gotten chances, but never remembered.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
lol stick out tongue that's life, i guess.

we seriously need something to get back on topic.

Bwa Ha Ha
Huh? Oh, yeah!

So....

Rumors, right? Let's make up some.

Tramps Lady
Jack and his brother make out ?

Bwa Ha Ha
XD

The slash fangirls would literally DIE.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
OH GOSH NO.

pls.

plz.

plz.

plz.

It's disney, it wouldn't happen.

right?

Bwa Ha Ha
lulz

Ya' never know.

Anyhow, *machine voice*A RUMOR HAS BEEN SUCCESSFULLY STARTED!*machine voice*

Jaeh.is.Awesome
NO PLEASE NO.

*starts crying in a corner*

Bwa Ha Ha
*pats and tries to console*

Jaeh.is.Awesome
don't want slash. T.T

Bwa Ha Ha
lulz

*rocks back and forth while humming lullabies*

Jaeh.is.Awesome
*calms down*

ah well. just a rumor xD

Bwa Ha Ha
LOL You can have a chat with Tramps 'bout it later.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
slash would kill me. My eyes can't take no more.

the million+ kids who are gonna watch it probably can't, either. xD

Bwa Ha Ha
'No more'?

Jaeh.is.Awesome
...for kids, remove the "no more" tag.

for me, yeah. do you know how many ff.net authors neglect to properly label their stories? faint

Bwa Ha Ha
Oh. Yes, I know what you mean. Sometimes I'll start reading something 'cuz the description sounds cool and a few minutes in, this is what happens:

^-^

O_o

Jaeh.is.Awesome
add -_- and x_x for me to your list.

Bwa Ha Ha
XD

Okay. Yeah, but it IS annoying when you've started reading something you thought you'd like and then have to click back.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
it's more annoying getting a picture of your fav. character and his master/mentor/best friend/buddy/brother/(whatever else) do something... "nasty" in stories. or alluded to doing something nasty in stories.

and you read it accidentally. because someone didn't label their story right. mad

Jaeh.is.Awesome
JUST A THOUGHT:

you know what would be awesome?

KATE BECKINSALE. in this movie. DUDE. after-school specials, was it?

would be awesome.

...she won't be, though. T.T

ibd4eva
haha! this rumor thing reminds me of the Deathly Hallows midnight release! When we were waiting in like for 2 HOURS for the book, we were getting REALLY bored. So we decided to play the "I heard that..." game where we just make up random crap and try to start rumors. We had some HILARIOUS ones, but I cant really remember any. But stuff like, "I heard that Snape reveals he is actually a woman and he wears high heels under his robes!" or "I heard that Dumbledore is actually Buckbeak!" it's very fun stuff.

Bwa Ha Ha
XD Reminds me of the phone game....

Jaeh.is.Awesome
....are you that old bwa, to be reminded of so much stuff? stick out tongue

anyway.. OOOH.

let's play a "game" guys. who do you want to appear in this movie, and why?

I WANT KATE BECKINSALE.

Bwa Ha Ha
Hmmmm....

I'm not old! Well.... I AM in college....

Anyhow, Sacha Baron Cohen 'cuz he's totally awesome. I rest my case.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
so am I. mhmm what year?

lol... what will he be in the movie?

I want to see Viggo Mortensen(sp?) don a pirate hat. mhmm

Bwa Ha Ha
CURSES! IT DIDN'T POST THE ARTICLE!

Point is, a Disney person left and now Johnny and Jerry don't really wanna do POTC4. Entertainment Weekly.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
how recent is that??

Bwa Ha Ha
Latest issue.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
GIMME LINK.

I'm not sure if that's good or bad news.. mhmm

Bwa Ha Ha
Hold on....

Jaeh.is.Awesome
*waits patiently* xD

Bwa Ha Ha

Jaeh.is.Awesome
so where is it? stick out tongue

Bwa Ha Ha
For some reason, it refuses to post it....

Does anyone else here get EW?

Jaeh.is.Awesome
not me. >.<

?

or pm me and I'll try it?

Bwa Ha Ha
Okay....

*looks for it*

Bwa Ha Ha
http://wearemoviegeeks.com/2009/09/disney-departure-leaves-depp-concerned-about-pirates-4/

Jaeh.is.Awesome
...uh-oh. not looking good for POTC 4 now.

Bwa Ha Ha
Mhmm.

http://fc08.deviantart.com/fs46/f/2009/215/b/2/b2573f34f5ce1a4492081f6a9ad9d703.jpg

ToddianGirl
OH SNOT APPLES! This makes me sad sad This stinks I was really looking forward to it I was hoping it would open up new adventures and maybe have it be a little better then AWE. I'M MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE!

Bwa Ha Ha
*awkwardly pats shoulder*

ToddianGirl
Hold On Stop the presses some good news

It’s looking grim for the new Pirates of the Caribean trilogy that Disney’s trying to pull off. Over at Cinemablend, they got an exclusive tip from a source who claims that Johnny Depp may not return to the franchise after his appearance in Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides. The actor is currently in negotiations to reprise the role of Captain Jack Sparrow, but due to a few recent events, Pirates 5 and 6 are definitely uncertain.

Depp began to express doubt in his return to Pirates after Disney Chairman Dick Cook stepped down from his position at the studio. The actor expressed a lack of enthusiasm with returning to the role, and clarified that his deal had yet to be finalized. According to the source over at Cinemablend, if Depp does return for On Stranger Tides, he more than likely won’t return for a fifth and sixth film. Disney planned on restarting a new trilogy based on the previously established property, and his exit would definitely put a damper on that.

They also stated that the studio is preparing to recast the role of Captain Jack if Depp refuses to return. My response to that statement is, “Are they insane?” You can’t replace him in that role. This isn’t Batman, you can’t have a new actor every few movies and think it will work. Depp made that character and created something completely different than what was on the page, and it worked. Any replacement actor would just be doing their best Depp impersonation of Keith Richards.

What do you think of Depp possibly leaving the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise? Do you think it can survive without him?
Article Link:http://screencrave.com/2009-09-24/pirates-4-might-be-johnny-depps-last/

Geoffrey Rush Ready for Pirates of the Caribbean 4
Source:MTV
September 23, 2009

MTV talked to Geoffrey Rush who says he's ready to reprise his role of Barbossa in Spring 2010 for Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides. The fourth installment is scheduled to be released in Summer 2011.

He said: "They're waiting for the screenplay writers to put together something that's beyond the trilogy, take it off into a new direction so that it's fresh and hopefully really interesting for an audience, that they're not going to just sausage-machine out something else, which wouldn't be so good."

Article Link:http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=59407

Okay so There will be Pirates 4. But a 5th and 6th ones? Are they NUTS? NO MORE pirates okay. Let the 4th be the last.

Bwa Ha Ha
So Barbossa's in?

ToddianGirl
YES Barbossa since he's is IN then Jack's in! Don't give up hope remember everyone RUMORS ARE EVIL!

Jaeh.is.Awesome
...johnny's still not sure. that's not good.

ToddianGirl
EW News: Dick Cook steps down from Disney
by EW staff
Categories: Film, Movies, News

Dick Cook is stepping down as chairman of The Walt Disney Studios, according to Variety.com. “I have loved every minute of my 38 years that I have worked at Disney,” Cook said in a statement released late Friday afternoon. Cook, who began his career at Disney as a ride operator on the Disneyland steam train and monorail, is leaving the company effective immediately.

Article Link:http://news-briefs.ew.com/2009/09/18/dick-cook-steps-down-from-disney/

That's all they had. They had NOTHING about Pirates 4 being canned.

Bwa Ha Ha
It's in the magazine....

ToddianGirl
Originally posted by Jaeh.is.Awesome
...johnny's still not sure. that's not good.

No he's in but the 4th one is the last Pirates film he's doing. That's basically what the article is saying. That He doesn't want to a 5th and 6th Pirates that's all.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
well, that's okay then..

I hope they're gonna make this last one good despite of all that.

Bwa Ha Ha
Mhmm.

ToddianGirl
well, that's okay then..

I hope they're gonna make this last one good despite of all that.

I agree I really don't want a 5th and 6th ones. Johnny I still LOVE YOU!!!!!!

Bwa Ha Ha
eek!

Jaeh.is.Awesome
I'm not even sure I episode 4. >.<

Bwa Ha Ha
Episode?

Jaeh.is.Awesome
**I'm not even sure I want episode 4. >.<**

Bwa Ha Ha
Oh, that. Indeed.

PirateofOslo
I DO! It's a risk I'm willing to take! I'm so ridiculously excited about it! But I agree, it should be the last one. And they should make it bloody awesome!

Jaeh.is.Awesome
3 letters: AWE.

ToddianGirl
I know how you guys feel about the 4th Pirates. It could turn out to be really good. Lets just see what happens and what the plot is about. I'm hoping it will more better then AWE(Not that I hated it but too many holes) Look on the bright side NO Will! The Pansy has left the building! smile trying to make you guys smile. Love you all

ibd4eva
WHAT?!?!? NO!! they HAVE to do the movie now! You can't go through all that crap to announce it and then say "oh, some dude left Disney so let's not do it." no Johnny. No. No. Sorry. No. Won't happen.

ToddianGirl
Originally posted by ibd4eva
WHAT?!?!? NO!! they HAVE to do the movie now! You can't go through all that crap to announce it and then say "oh, some dude left Disney so let's not do it." no Johnny. No. No. Sorry. No. Won't happen.

I agree with you a 110% I believe POTC4 is still a go!

PirateofOslo
I will cry my eyes out if they choose not to do it. They can't!!!!

Bwa Ha Ha
LOL "oh, some dude left Disney so let's not do it."

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Originally posted by ToddianGirl
I know how you guys feel about the 4th Pirates. It could turn out to be really good. Lets just see what happens and what the plot is about. I'm hoping it will more better then AWE(Not that I hated it but too many holes) Look on the bright side NO Will! The Pansy has left the building! smile trying to make you guys smile. Love you all

I hated it stick out tongue enough to be super annoyed at it, but still love it all the same. does that make sense?

yeah, we'll see. I'm psyched about POTC 4, but I still have my doubts. xD

Bwa Ha Ha
I'll probably wait for YouTube vids.

ibd4eva
^^meaning what??

Bwa Ha Ha
Meaning trailers and interviews.

ibd4eva
goott it.

Bwa Ha Ha
big grin

Hey, this is TOTALLY AWESOME!

siriuswriter
*HOW CAN YOU ALL BE SO HAPPY WITH THIS?!??!* johnny depp himself cannot a great movie make. he is an actor, and excellent one, but still just that. i would rather see him in a new and totally different role in a different movie that's made well, than in some sort of euthanasia dying off film just because the pirates saga is pure gold in the media.
you had your trilogy. if you want to see johnny as jack, watch the three! and let johnny depp move on!...

ibd4eva
.....cause I like pirates of the Caribbean....*cough*

Bwa Ha Ha
I'm not MAKING him do it. If anything, I'd love to see him take up another role the likes of Ichabod Crane and Inspector Abberline. Those were TOTALLY AWESOME.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Originally posted by siriuswriter
*HOW CAN YOU ALL BE SO HAPPY WITH THIS?!??!* johnny depp himself cannot a great movie make. he is an actor, and excellent one, but still just that. i would rather see him in a new and totally different role in a different movie that's made well, than in some sort of euthanasia dying off film just because the pirates saga is pure gold in the media.
you had your trilogy. if you want to see johnny as jack, watch the three! and let johnny depp move on!...

yeah, we'll see. I'm psyched about POTC 4, but I still have my doubts. xD

I didn't want POTC 4, actually. AWE was bad enough. >>. POTC 4 is still flashing red lights in my book - especially with the recent turn of events.

But since its still green lighted, so it would seem, I can't help but hope that it will be awesome.

Bwa Ha Ha
Hopefully.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Yes, hopefully. We seem to run on hope with POTC on this one stick out tongue

Bwa Ha Ha
XD True, true.

ToddianGirl
I agree with you guys. All we can do is wait and see. BTW Bwa Ha ha what in the world kind of chicken is that?

Bwa Ha Ha
Umm.... I have absolutely no idea. A featherless one?

Tramps Lady
actually.. isnt that a rooster? i dunno...

PirateofOslo
Poor bird sad Hope that's photoshopped...

Bwa Ha Ha
It is a rooster (teeth).

And I think it's one of those naturally featherless ones.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
if it isn't, they grow back, don't worry stick out tongue

Bwa Ha Ha
big grin

Jaeh.is.Awesome
it looks cute and weird. xD

maybe it molted. xD

Bwa Ha Ha
It probably did.

XD

Jaeh.is.Awesome
molted! *gathers feathers and glues them on*

Bwa Ha Ha
big grin

Jaeh.is.Awesome
FIXED!

lol chickens.. davey jonesies? xD

Bwa Ha Ha
TOTALLY (awesome)!

ToddianGirl
Wait a second Davy Jones has rubber chickens? Is it comedy hour on the Flying Dutchman?

Bwa Ha Ha
big grin

Yup.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
they hit each other with chickens that don't die. 131

Bwa Ha Ha
XD

Jaeh.is.Awesome
I should get one of those chickens. Should be fun. xD

Bwa Ha Ha
I want one as a pet SO BAD.

I can see it just walking around the house, bobbing it's head Egyptian style....

Jaeh.is.Awesome
lol; you want a chicken as a pet?

my relatives have lots of chickens. xD

Bwa Ha Ha
I already have chickens, I'd just like a featherless inside one.

LOL

Jaeh.is.Awesome
I'd tell you to pluck the feathers, but that would be cruel.. >>.

Bwa Ha Ha
XD

A NATURALLY featherless one!

Jaeh.is.Awesome
....that would look weird but awesome. stick out tongue xD

Bwa Ha Ha
big grin

http://b17mb.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/featherless-chicken.jpeg

Jaeh.is.Awesome
sooo weeeiiirddd. xD

Bwa Ha Ha
XD

Jaeh.is.Awesome
the chicken looks comfortable. xD

Bwa Ha Ha
XD

Does it?!?

Jaeh.is.Awesome
It appears so. xD

Now we're SERIOUSLY off-topic. anyway we can get back on it? xD

I dun want rexy to come in here and.. *gulp* scared

Bwa Ha Ha
XD

Okay. Hey, I was at class today and we had free time, so I got this one person to come on here and read through some of our posts. I think they were rather disturbed by all the chickens.... Oh! The teacher now thinks we're all obsessed with plucking chickens XD

PIRATES!

Jaeh.is.Awesome
*points at bwa* hey it's HER posts! xD

yes, pirates! stick out tongue

Bwa Ha Ha
big grin

True, true. I'm just insane that way. wink

PIRATES!

Jaeh.is.Awesome
lol.. how do we get back on topic? xD

Bwa Ha Ha
My strategy is by posting 'PIRATES!' after everything I say.

wink

PIRATES!

Jaeh.is.Awesome
uhh...

JACK! stick out tongue

Bwa Ha Ha
DAVY JONES!

(RUBBER CHICKENS!)

Jaeh.is.Awesome
(lol yeah I know, that's what I thought too xD)

NORRINGTON! <3

I miss sailor now xD

Bwa Ha Ha
sad

So do I.

PIRATES!

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>