Will we continue to evolve?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

allofyousuckkk
Thoughts

Ms.Marvel
evolution as i understand it is a process of necessity... so as long as there isnt a necessity than no.

Eon Blue
You never know.

Rain Dog
I'd like to get rid of appendixes. Aren't they daft, eh?

Bicnarok
Things change and mutate all the time.

The question is will humans take part in the process by adding chips or whatever to us?

Symmetric Chaos
Not in a strictly natural way. The best way for a human to adapt it to get better stuff so there's no evolutionary need to evolve. As our understanding of genetics improves we might be able to artificially evolve, but that won't happen for a long time.

King Kandy
We won't really evolve because there aren't any significant factors that prevent large numbers of people from reproducing.

MildPossession
Look up Appendix and Immune Systems, some studies recently have found that it might be useful, and also useful in other aspects. Quite interesting. I'd be happy to keep it and hope to get through life without having to get rid of it due to appendicitus and so on. smile

jaden101
saxX-Z6w3p4

King Kandy
That was the looniest part of the whole movie.

Mindship
Depends how often Republicans are voted into office. shifty

Evolution, at the very least, is simply a species adapting to its environment. Humans can pretty much control their immediate natural environment, so there's not much pressure coming from that as there used to be. Our man-made environment is another story. If we develop, say, an increasingly short-sighted and frenetic society, certainly there will be an evolutionary advantage to those already genetically skewed in that direction.

Basically, change is a constant. I would think evolution, as a subset of change, would be likewise.

jaden101
Originally posted by King Kandy
That was the looniest part of the whole movie.

Nah.

inimalist
by definition all species are constantly evolving by having offspring which live in an environment.

Evolution is not synonymous with progress or improvement, so even the lack of selection pressure to make us harder, better, faster, stronger does not mean we are not evolving.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by inimalist
by definition all species are constantly evolving by having offspring which live in an environment.

Evolution is not synonymous with progress or improvement, so even the lack of selection pressure to make us harder, better, faster, stronger does not mean we are not evolving.

Okay, that raises an interesting question. Given the world we exist in, how would it influence our future evolution? Higher dexterity for typing? Changes in language processing? Decline of an immune system?

inimalist
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Okay, that raises an interesting question. Given the world we exist in, how would it influence our future evolution? Higher dexterity for typing? Changes in language processing? Decline of an immune system?

well, rather than thinking about traits that we use, we need to think of what it is that allows people to procreate.

I think there is a tendency toward less variation in the physical features of women, but I'm unaware of statistics that show there is a huge population of people who want to have kids, yet are unable. Lots of fat and ugly people have babies. I guess sterile people...

I think it is going to be a form of sexual selection rather than natural selection, with various social groups becoming so insular that cross-group inter breeding wont occur as often. The problem is, the nature of human technology seems to push against this.

So, like, maybe selection against people who can't drive and thus get into car accidents and die before reproduction, but I honestly wouldn't know.

jaden101

I've said in the past some things about the future of human evolution that seemed quite crude at the time but still stand a small measure of scrutiny.

Need for higher levels of intelligence equals larger brains.

Lesser need for physical strength due to applications of technology means smaller bodies.

Larger need for sensory input to those larger brains (particularly vision) = larger or more sensitive sensory organs (namely larger eyes)

Living outwith the solar system or any star system = no need for skin pigmentation to protect from UV light = white/grey skin.

So in summary...large head with large eyes...small body...grey skin.

I think I recognise that type of appearance.

Robtard
Originally posted by jaden101
I've said in the past some things about the future of human evolution that seemed quite crude at the time but still stand a small measure of scrutiny.

Lesser need for physical strength due to applications of technology means smaller bodies.

Larger need for sensory input to those larger brains (particularly vision) = larger or more sensitive sensory organs (namely larger eyes)

Living outwith the solar system or any star system = no need for skin pigmentation to protect from UV light = white/grey skin.

So those "Greys" people are always talking about must be humans, humans from the future traveling back in time to secure DNA from archaic man . Ah ha, it's so simple.

jaden101
Them BASTARDS...

Robtard
Them BASTARDS...

You likely just called your great (X1,000,000,000,000,00) grandchildren bastards.

inimalist
after 100 000 000 000 generations it becomes ok

same with incest...

jaden101
Originally posted by Robtard
You likely just called your great (X1,000,000,000,000,00) grandchildren bastards.

Nah...I'm infertile.

Infact i'm an infertile gay eunuch.

Robtard
So you must "bottom" a lot. Wonder if that's an evolutionary step.

dadudemon

I had a similar theory when I was a kid. I called them "tourists" from the future, in slight parody of Hawking's analogy of time travel from A Brief History of Time.

LaughLiveScream
Not in a strictly natural way. The best way for a human to adapt it to get better stuff so there's no evolutionary need to evolve. As our understanding of genetics improves we might be able to artificially evolve, but that won't happen for a long time.

G.E.C.K. form fallout smile

Robtard
Originally posted by dadudemon
I had a similar theory when I was a kid. I called them "tourists" from the future, in slight parody of Hawking's analogy of time travel from A Brief History of Time.

*Reported*

B.S. factor of 9.4, legal limit is 7.8.

dadudemon
*Reported*

B.S. factor of 9.4, legal limit is 7.8.

K. no expression

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by allofyousuckkk
Thoughts

Yes. However, people don't evolve; generations evolve over vast spans of time.

Symmetric Chaos
So you must "bottom" a lot. Wonder if that's an evolutionary step.

Ah, I rememeber reading an argument the subs do quite well on Maslow's Hierarchy.

*cough*

I mean what does "bottom" mean?

jinXed by JaNx
we can't evolve. We are the result of extraterrestrial genetic experimentation

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx

Those aren't exactly mutually exclusive.

Dr. Leg Kick
Originally posted by allofyousuckkk
Thoughts It's not a rapid process, but it's taking place as we speak/type. We adapt, we mutate, and we move on. We evolve as a species, not individuals.

Robtard
But changes happen on an individual level. So?

occultdestroyer
Evolution is a one of the most delusional theories man can ever come up with.

Eon Blue
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx

Explain.

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Evolution is a one of the most delusional theories man can ever come up with.

Explain.

Robtard
Originally posted by Admiral Akbar
Explain.

Not saying this is his stance, but there are those that believe it's a fabricated idea with no proof to support it; set-up and perpetuated by secularist wishing to take God away from the rest of us.

MildPossession
Oh that EVERYTHING started 10,000 or so years ago... now to me that's deluded.

Shakyamunison
Not saying this is his stance, but there are those that believe it's a fabricated idea with no proof to support it; set-up and perpetuated by secularist wishing to take God away from the rest of us.

That must be the "true Christians" that are trying to save us all.

Robtard
Originally posted by MildPossession
Oh that EVERYTHING started 10,000 or so years ago... now to me that's deluded.

The 'Young Earth' aspect is usually a belief for those people, yes.

MildPossession
Yes a form of Creationism.

inimalist
ignore the troll folks

Admiral Akbar

Yeah that's the kind of answer I was expecting. I just get annoyed with people who don't explain their stance.

Blinky
If the human race evolves, America will be left behind.

Mairuzu
I already have 2 dicks because ive been spending time with two women.

Evolution baby!

The Dark Cloud
Many factors contribute to evolution the two biggest probably being necessity and isolation. We really have no need to evolve to better obtain our food or to avoid predators and our global populations are constantly being more intergrated, not isolated. I'd say it's unlikely.

The Dark Cloud
Originally posted by Blinky
If the human race evolves,

There is no human race, only a human species. There are 3 to 7 different human races depending on who you ask.

Blinky
Originally posted by The Dark Cloud
There is no human race, only a human species. There are 3 to 7 different human races depending on who you ask.

Well, hellllooo Mr. Fancy Pants.

Shakyamunison

You just said that there is no human race, and then you say there are 3 to 7 different human races depending on who you ask. eek! Make up your mind. wink

FistOfThe North
If the human race evolves, America will be left behind.

you mean far right America will be left behind.

Blinky
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
you mean far right America will be left behind.

Thanks for inadvertently reinforcing my idea that Americans won't evolve.

you get thorns
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
You just said that there is no human race, and then you say there are 3 to 7 different human races depending on who you ask. eek! Make up your mind. wink

The Dark Cloud
Originally posted by Shakyamunison

To clarify, when referring to all of humanity it should be the "human species". There are several different human races but the term or terms don't apply to the human population as a whole.

FistOfThe North
Thanks for inadvertently reinforcing my idea that Americans won't evolve.

just helping specify.

dadudemon

You're incorrect. He used the compound noun properly. When you try to pontificate, make sure you're correct first:

"all of the living human inhabitants of the earth"

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/human+race

Blinky
just helping specify.

*Slaps forehead* Oh brother...

Wild Shadow
the races of humanity are male, female and hermaphrodites. i dont think the last one counts.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
the races of humanity are male, female and hermaphrodites. i dont think the last one counts.

That's "sexes", bro.

FistOfThe North
*Slaps forehead* Oh brother...

i take it you're a bible thumper. sorry.

Mindship
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
the races of humanity are male, female and hermaphrodites. You forgot the arms.

Blinky
i take it you're a bible thumper. sorry.

With (wrong) assumptions like that, no wonder why you are a laughing stock.

FistOfThe North
With (wrong) assumptions like that, no wonder why you are a laughing stock.

lol, i've never even heard of you and we've never crossed paths on here but it sounds to me like you've gotta cross up that tight arse there choir boy.

it's not that serious, lol.

Blinky
lol, i've never even heard of you and we've never crossed paths on here but it sounds to me like you've gotta cross up that tight arse there choir boy.

it's not that serious, lol.

No badly executed homoerotic jokes can change the fact that this forum is littered with examples of your intellectual shortcomings.

dadudemon
These last few comebacks have taken HOURS between each. laughing Internetz ftw?

AngryManatee
*grabs popcorn*

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Mindship
You forgot the arms.

damn arm race thats right...

the space race is over..

i think we will continue to evolve or devolve considering we no longer require certain attributes...

thousands of yrs into the future we will be short fat round big eyes with goggles..

we might walk around naked or with a body suit.

http://www.freakycreek.com/gallery2/d/1860-1/fat-guy-little-boat.jpg

FistOfThe North
No badly executed homoerotic jokes can change the fact that this forum is littered with examples of your intellectual shortcomings.

examples please. and did ya get that cross out yet? na? arse to tight, hu..?

eh, just keep trying. just look up, raise both arms up in halleluya fashion, bend your knees, stick your booty out, strain hard, and have alot friends help you pull it out and after a while boom, your done, and all with no vasiline.

i know. i've help a friend once with his lodged cross and it worked!! Splinter removal afterwards'll be your job and..good luck.

lol.

anyway, my request please..

Blinky

jaden101
examples please. and did ya get that cross out yet? na? arse to tight, hu..?

eh, just keep trying. just look up, raise both arms up in halleluya fashion, bend your knees, stick your booty out, strain hard, and have alot friends help you pull it out and after a while boom, your done, and all with no vasiline.

i know. i've help a friend once with his lodged cross and it worked!! Splinter removal afterwards'll be your job and..good luck.

lol.

anyway, my request please..

The fact that there's several spelling and grammar mistakes in that post kind of proves his point.

you get thorns
I noticed the start of gills this morning. wink

Dr. Leg Kick
No badly executed homoerotic jokes can change the fact that this forum is littered with examples of your intellectual shortcomings. checkmate

dadudemon
Originally posted by you get thorns

It's shingles man. SHINGLES! laughing

FistOfThe North
The fact that there's several spelling and grammar mistakes in that post kind of proves his point.

impressing peepl, or ihn this cais, botz on a screehn, is for thu dhogz.

az launge az migh mesige ghets achross.

dadudemon
impressing peepl, or ihn this cais, botz on a screehn, is for thu dhogz.

az launge az migh mesige ghets achross.

I agree with this, somewhat. However, in an intellectual discussion, if you want to be taken seriously or at least add a tad bit more credibility to your posts, proper punctuation, spelling, and grammar should be used.

But, for the most part, I really don't care. As long as I can make out what the person posts and their points are good enough, I'll have a discussion.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by you get thorns

That is not evolution; that is called LSD. wink

jaden101
Originally posted by dadudemon
I agree with this, somewhat. However, in an intellectual discussion, if you want to be taken seriously or at least add a tad bit more credibility to your posts, proper punctuation, spelling, and grammar should be used.

But, for the most part, I really don't care. As long as I can make out what the person posts and their points are good enough, I'll have a discussion.

Given that he was asking someone to give examples of his intellectual shortcomings then I would've thought he'd have put a bit more effort into the post that asked for examples....Instead of filling it with more examples.

Personally I think it's easier to type full words because I have to think about abbreviations when I do them as I'm used to typing "Queen's English" from years of uni essays and dissertations.

dadudemon
Given that he was asking someone to give examples of his intellectual shortcomings then I would've thought he'd have put a bit more effort into the post that asked for examples....Instead of filling it with more examples.

Personally I think it's easier to type full words because I have to think about abbreviations when I do them as I'm used to typing "Queen's English" from years of uni essays and dissertations.

Defnitely. I agree. That post was my way of saying, "don't post like a 13-year-old child on a cellphone in the GDF." There's just nicer ways of saying things. lol

Agreed?

Ms.Marvel
is that why no one ever takes me seriously? sad

i know jaden thinks im an idiot. laughing out loud

Clear

LMAO!!!
I believe we will continue to evolve. Intelligence plays a key factor. Although I don't think we'll evolve very much naturally but artificially.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.