What's Wrong With "It's Complicated"?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Neo_Version 7
You know how in Friendster, MySpace, Facebook, what have you; one can put "It's complicated" as a status? I find many see this as somewhat bothersome. I actually had one friend tell another, "Dude, that's pretty gay. Change A.S.A.P."

Why the negative connotation, peepz?

lord xyz
It's a generic reply that gives **** all information.

It's like what flavour is it?
Flavoursome.
-.-

Sancty
It sounds kinda dramatic and attention seeking to me. srug

Vinny Valentine
Sorry dude, it's complicated to explain.

steverules_2
Doesn't it usually mean like...that there's problems in the relationship erm

LaughLiveScream
Originally posted by Sancty
It sounds kinda dramatic and attention seeking to me. srug

Agreed.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Originally posted by steverules_2
Doesn't it usually mean like...that there's problems in the relationship erm

that's what I thought too.

but why would you want to announce that anyway? problems or not, you're still in a relationship. unless you guys broke up, so now you're single. Why tell anyone it's complicated? to give them hope that you might be on the market? >>.

It wort of discourage people to ask about stuff, though.

sometimes I put it up for the lulz. xD All my friends no I don't have a bf anyway, so they get the joke. haha.

Syren
I'd hate for my circle of friends to know my relationship was complicated. That stuff's between me and my partner. All it would do is cause my friends to ask questions, which I wouldn't be comfortable answering. It's definitely a sucky status from my point of view.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Originally posted by Syren
I'd hate for my circle of friends to know my relationship was complicated. That stuff's between me and my partner. All it would do is cause my friends to ask questions, which I wouldn't be comfortable answering. It's definitely a sucky status from my point of view.

point agreed on.

Eon Blue
Some people are attention whores, plain and simple.

Peach
Sometimes things aren't simple and straightforward (doesn't even necessarily mean that there are problems), and who gives a damn what someone else thinks of your 'status'?

~:Mr.Anderson:~
Originally posted by Neo_Version 7
You know how in Friendster, MySpace, Facebook, what have you; one can put "It's complicated" as a status? I find many see this as somewhat bothersome. I actually had one friend tell another, "Dude, that's pretty gay. Change A.S.A.P."

Why the negative connotation, peepz?
It's complicated.

GCG

Rogue Jedi
Damn.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Peach
Sometimes things aren't simple and straightforward (doesn't even necessarily mean that there are problems), and who gives a damn what someone else thinks of your 'status'?

This is the most correct answer. big grin

"It's complicated" could mean that they just got into a car-wreck by got in the 99th percentile on their MCAT. That would be a complicated status, imo.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by dadudemon
This is the most correct answer. big grin

"It's complicated" could mean that they just got into a car-wreck by got in the 99th percentile on their MCAT. That would be a complicated status, imo. Or it could mean that it's a married man who is being ass raped in prison by Luther and Tyrone.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Or it could mean that it's a married man who is being ass raped in prison by Luther and Tyrone.
That's not complicated. That's simply buttrape. no expression

Rogue Jedi
That's not complicated. That's simply buttrape. no expression But it certainly complicates his status.

dadudemon
But it certainly complicates his status.

I don't understand how that complicates his status. His status would be "buttraped." no expression

Rogue Jedi
I don't understand how that complicates his status. His status would be "buttraped." no expression Well, it would certainly complicate his bowel movements.

dadudemon
Well, it would certainly complicate his bowel movements.

Would it?

Rogue Jedi
Would it? Yeah, he might need a bit of turbo lax.

dadudemon
Yeah, he might need a bit of turbo lax.

I was thinking that it would widen the exit.

Eon Blue
Ouch.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Eon Blue
Ouch.

Indeed.

I was thinking of something similar to Goatse. sick

Rogue Jedi
I was thinking that it would widen the exit. Yeah, but it'll all be pushed up in his colon.

dadudemon
Yeah, but it'll all be pushed up in his colon.

And then fall right out.

EvilAngel
There's nothing wrong with it per say. But I can't see why it's necessary. Either your single, you're not, or you aren't looking. All of which there are options for.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.