whats your opinion on the death penalty

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mikeydude
i just wanted to see what my fellow kmc users thought about it?

AngryManatee
Would be a lot more interesting if instead of lethal injection, they launched them from a catapult off the end of a cliff.

~Wålshy~
you might get a better response if you posted this in the Genereal Discussion Forum

but i think the death penalty is great

why?

i don't know shock

mikeydude
Originally posted by AngryManatee
Would be a lot more interesting if instead of lethal injection, they launched them from a catapult off the end of a cliff.
lol i totally understand what you think.

~:Mr.Anderson:~
Hyph_DZa_GQ

that's my opinion.

This marks the beginning of the supreme court's decisions being strictly constitutional and more strictly awesome.

BruceSkywalker
all for it

Kelly_Bean
I agree with it.
That's my opinion. smile

EvilAngel
Eh, i think it's necessary measure. I mean, i don't mean to sound cold but think about it. But if someone has committed crimes so severe they would other be at least serving life in prison for which normal people would have to pay to feed them, clean them etc. People would be Taxed to pay for these people, which i think would build up to a noticable amount given time. I don't think people should have to pay for them, that's all.

Secondly I'm sorry but like multiple murderers and series rapists should be killed, because there's no reason to let them live after certain acts in my opinion.

Besides we put down dogs that are considered dangerous.

(Long post because i's bored =( )

Eon Blue
We don't have any room for you, so you'll have to die!

I never liked that argument...

A jury system and capital punishment? Ha! I might support Capital Punishment if it weren't for a few things:

1. If the U.S. court systems weren't a fvcking joke, i.e. it's more important if the prosecution/defense team wins rather than to find the truth. Someone's life is on the line and these a**holes treat it as a game of whoever can win over the judge's/jury's sympathy first is the victor. Let's face the facts, folks.

2. Killing someone and then calling it "Justice", "God's work", or any other pretentious crap. Be honest, that criminal scumbag raped and killed your 8 year old daughter, you're more concerned with revenge than justice so don't try and disguise the former as the latter. I'm so tired of hearing "Now he's going to have to answer to Jayzus!"....

3. Using tax money to carry out capital punishments. Not everyone agrees with what the state/government does with our money, but we all pay regardless. If there were ever an exception to that rule, it should be capital punishment since it's one of the most extreme acts anyone can undertake and not everyone should have to pay to support it. You say "if someone kills someone, shouldn't the same thing happen to them?" No, because that makes murderers out of all of us. And I don't appreciate the state doing it in my name.

Also, being told the exact date that you are going to get executed falls under "cruel and unusual punishment". I'm sorry, but that's torture for the inmate. If a serial killer bagged me and proceded to torture me -- and then told you that I am going to die at this certain day -- I'd be pretty damn scared.

Short version: I do not support the current capital punishment system. It also continually appalls me how many people tend to follow the flock just because something is largely agreed with.

EvilAngel
Originally posted by Eon Blue

2. Killing someone and then calling it "Justice", "God's work", or any other pretentious crap. Be honest, that criminal scumbag raped and killed your 8 year old daughter, you're more concerned with revenge than justice so don't try and disguise the former as the latter. I'm so tired of hearing "Now he's going to have to answer to Jayzus!"....

I like your post though i do disagree, but i do just want to say something if i may.

And that is, Revenge is not Justice, i agree with that.

But i also think that sometimes people do things where you cannot get justice. There is nothing you could do to that person that would even come close to such a thing. And so in my opinion when that happens, that is when i think, well there's nothing you can do for what you have done and that's all there is to it. Thus that's when i feel the death sentence is appropriate.

That aside if the justice system was about revenge surely the best thing to do would be to restrain the criminal and leave him alone with his/her victims loved ones. That would be revenge. But revenge can truly give you nothing but more pain.

Eon Blue
Thank you.

Granted. However, we'd be fools to think that our system is 100% devoid of any fallacies.

So basically what you're saying is: We can try to exact and seize our so called justice, but when we can do no more, we should just shoot them like a rabid dog? That seems like a rather lazy way of doing things; executions give society the unmistakable message that human life no longer deserves respect when it is useful to take it and that homicide is legitimate when deemed justified by pragmatic concerns.

Sometimes we have to make the indecent 'look' decent. Executions are spectacles that revel in displaying the permissibility of killing an individual to show that further killing will solve problems. Capital punishment epitomizes the tragic inefficacy and brutality of the resort to violence rather than reasons for the solution of difficult social problems.

"Why did Mr. Jones commit this atrocious and heinous act of murder?"

"WHO CARES? LET'S HANG THE ****ER, HE KILLED MY DAUGHTER!"

To top it all off, capital punishment does not deter crime in any way, shape or form, furthering my point of the ineffectiveness that it serves.

Eon Blue
Originally posted by ~:Mr.Anderson:~
Hyph_DZa_GQ

that's my opinion.

You DO realize that what you posted was a joke video, right? If not...

EvilAngel
Thank you.

Granted. However, we'd be fools to think that our system is 100% devoid of any fallacies.

So basically what you're saying is: We can try to exact and seize our so called justice, but when we can do no more, we should just shoot them like a rabid dog? That seems like a rather lazy way of doing things; executions give society the unmistakable message that human life no longer deserves respect when it is useful to take it and that homicide is legitimate when deemed justified by pragmatic concerns.

Sometimes we have to make the indecent 'look' decent. Executions are spectacles that revel in displaying the permissibility of killing an individual to show that further killing will solve problems. Capital punishment epitomizes the tragic inefficacy and brutality of the resort to violence rather than reasons for the solution of difficult social problems.

"Why did Mr. Jones commit this atrocious and heinous act of murder?"

"WHO CARES? LET'S HANG THE ****ER, HE KILLED MY DAUGHTER!"

To top it all off, capital punishment does not deter crime in any way, shape or form, furthering my point of the ineffectiveness that it serves.

I see what you're saying, but i disagree. If that makes sense.

As i see it, i don't think many people are stupid enough to think there is even a remove chance that our system is 100% devoid of any fallacies. But that's not the point.

This would just be as i see it. But i think that when a person commits crimes enough to warrant a death sentence, i have a difficult time understanding how they are any better than a 'Rabid dog' in this instance.

If a person earns the death sentence, then they have been deemed so dangerous to society that it is decided they should be killed. Like you would put down a dog that is too damaged to be taught otherwise. Sometimes you can't bring someone back from the way they have gone. So if psychological help wouldn't help that person what else would you suggest? They live out their life in prison? Where they could be a threat to people in prison whose crimes are not so severe. Make another prison just for them? for every state? Which would have to be maintained, they would have to be fed, and clothed. The ultimate point would be why? Why go so far to keep these people locked away. Killing them is probably more humane than locking someone up until the end of their days. It's debatable at least, everyone will have their own opinion. While killing them is cheaper for everyone it is the more logical choice. Especially since people don't want to pay for the man who killed his wife, or the woman that murdered some kids to live.

While your post i understand and agree with to an extent. This i feel isn't a part of the point.

I think if someone is going to commit a crime they would be focused on not getting caught, not the punishments if they do.

Punishments for crimes are their first and foremost to protect society from the criminals. It's only extra if it can deter crime.

Insomniatric
This is a very random topic.

occultdestroyer
^
And that's why it is in the OT forum

Insomniatric
You got a point right thar.

You DO realize that what you posted was a joke video, right? If not... Yes, I understand. if the thread starter wanted serious people to seriously debate over this serious issue, he would have but it in general.

As it is, i'm going to joke about it.

May the punishment fit the crime.

Rapers should be drowned in a vat of sperm while being raped. Only fair big grin

Vehicular Man slaughterers should be used as real human analogue test dummies.

Psychopathic killers should be used in all sorts of hilarious physics experiments. What does happen to the human body when fired out of a cannon at the speed of sound?

And finally, regular boring murderers should be piled in the grand canyon until its filled with bleached bones and a sign that says "pit of boring people who killed other boring people in conventional ways--Formerly known as the "grand canyon"

Thoren
It's ****ing awesome!!!

Insomniatric
It's kind of weird when you think about it, we try to show people that killing is wrong.... by killing them.

But yeah, I like the death penalty. That above was just a random thought.

Originally posted by Insomniatric
It's kind of weird when you think about it, we try to show people that killing is wrong.... by killing them.

But yeah, I like the death penalty. That above was just a random thought. It's not really showing people it's wrong. Showing people it's wrong, is more like having a PSA on killing.

The death penalty is more about instilling fear rather than teaching anyone anything.

EvilAngel
It's not really showing people it's wrong. Showing people it's wrong, is more like having a PSA on killing.

The death penalty is more about instilling fear rather than teaching anyone anything.

I don't think the lesson gets learnt due to the whole them dying part ^^'

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by mikeydude
i just wanted to see what my fellow kmc users thought about it? Against it. We should find an uninhabitated island in the Pacific, surround it with guard towers and a fence, and dump them all there. Drop a supply of food and meds once a month, let them fight over it.

Eon Blue
Originally posted by EvilAngel
I don't think the lesson gets learnt due to the whole them dying part ^^'

Haha, true.

Insomniatric
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Against it. We should find an uninhabitated island in the Pacific, surround it with guard towers and a fence, and dump them all there. Drop a supply of food and meds once a month, let them fight over it.

That sounds worse for them.

And funnier to watch for some reason.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Insomniatric
That sounds worse for them.

And funnier to watch for some reason. They shoulda thought of that before they condemned themselves to death row.

Pay pew view big grin

dadudemon
Originally posted by EvilAngel
Eh, i think it's necessary measure. I mean, i don't mean to sound cold but think about it. But if someone has committed crimes so severe they would other be at least serving life in prison for which normal people would have to pay to feed them, clean them etc. People would be Taxed to pay for these people, which i think would build up to a noticable amount given time. I don't think people should have to pay for them, that's all.

Secondly I'm sorry but like multiple murderers and series rapists should be killed, because there's no reason to let them live after certain acts in my opinion.

Besides we put down dogs that are considered dangerous.

(Long post because i's bored =( )
I agree.

Lemme take this one step further:

Why are we wasting tax dollars on some prisoners who will die in prison, anyway? Why can't that money be spent on people who WILL do good? Specifically, for people who need medical attention and can't afford. Or spending that money on R&D that will later save lots of lives.

In addition, we should eliminate prison sentences for many drug offenses. No human should serve any time for MJ use or distribution. Sure, if they don't pay taxes on their weed, hit them off for tax fraud, etc. Same with shrooms and other types of drugs.

On top of this MUCH more effort should be made in actually reforming inmates instead of treating them less human.

I have many more thoughts on this...but this shall suffice for the time being.

NemeBro
The death penalty is a necessary evil.

If someone will pose a very real threat to others in society and has committed enough atrocities to prove it, why should money be spent keeping him alive when financially offing him is more efficient? There is no reason criminals who have committed heinous acts who would not be productive to society should be kept alive.

Also, I completely agree with dadudemon, in that prisons should focus on reforming criminals, not treating them like trash.

Impediment
I am 100% Pro Death Penalty.

To all of you Libertarian Christian assh*les:

roface

Scythe
I'm for it.

mikeydude
Yes, I understand. if the thread starter wanted serious people to seriously debate over this serious issue, he would have but it in general.

As it is, i'm going to joke about it.

May the punishment fit the crime.

Rapers should be drowned in a vat of sperm while being raped. Only fair big grin

Vehicular Man slaughterers should be used as real human analogue test dummies.

Psychopathic killers should be used in all sorts of hilarious physics experiments. What does happen to the human body when fired out of a cannon at the speed of sound?

And finally, regular boring murderers should be piled in the grand canyon until its filled with bleached bones and a sign that says "pit of boring people who killed other boring people in conventional ways--Formerly known as the "grand canyon" thats quite an amazing idea.
this is where i thought about it. we should make kinda like a giant hamster wheel and make them run in it. then using that kinetic energy use it for power and then we wont be wasting so much coal! big grin problem solved.

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Against it. We should find an uninhabitated island in the Pacific, surround it with guard towers and a fence, and dump them all there. Drop a supply of food and meds once a month, let them fight over it.
smart idea...
Originally posted by Impediment
I am 100% Pro Death Penalty.

To all of you Libertarian Christian assh*les:

roface you can say that with out being quite an ass.

mikeydude
here is another thing to think about. should we let the government just kill people at there disposal? because every time someone dies my lethal injection its done by the government. so should we let them do that? or better yet why should we give them that kind of power.

Mairuzu
What makes anyone think they can just end someones one and only life? Ridiculous.

mikeydude
see. thats my point.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Mairuzu
What makes anyone think they can just end someones one and only life? Ridiculous.

That's rather simple.

1. They took another life with adequate mens rea ("malice aforethought."wink

2. Some are not sorry or even a slight bit remorseful. Evidence shows that they will be repeat offenders IF they have this attitude.

3. Some abduct, horribly rape, and murder little children. That alone deserves the death penalty regardless of how remorseful they are. A person like that forfeits their privilege to life.

4. The cost of housing an inmate for his or her whole life is really high.

5. Some family members want revenge in the only legal way they can get it.

6. There's already enough people living in this world. Losing one very very bad apple is hardly a net negative.

There's 6 reasons. no expression

Mairuzu
Originally posted by dadudemon
That's rather simple.

1. They took another life with adequate mens rea ("malice aforethought."wink

2. Some are not sorry or even a slight bit remorseful. Evidence shows that they will be repeat offenders IF they have this attitude.

3. Some abduct, horribly rape, and murder little children. That alone deserves the death penalty regardless of how remorseful they are. A person like that forfeits their privilege to life.

4. The cost of housing an inmate for his or her whole life is really high.

5. Some family members want revenge in the only legal way they can get it.

6. There's already enough people living in this world. Losing one very very bad apple is hardly a net negative.

There's 6 reasons. no expression

No.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.