Cotto VS Pac-man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hell Lancer
predictions?

Dr. Leg Kick
Forgot at what catch weight they will be fighting, but I'll go with Pacman via KO round 8.

I see the fight fairly even at first, Cotto taking a round or two would not be surprising. Cotto would need to keep moving non stop to avoid Pacman's unorthodox style of fighting to outpoint and win. Play on the defensive and outpoint him.

It's an interesting match up, we'll see what happens.

Alpha Centauri
I think Pacquiao is the one who has the better chance of beating Mayweather, so I think it'll be just the way that he'll lose against Cotto.

Then Mayweather'll beat Cotto without having to fight Pacmeister.

-AC

Darth Vicious
If he can't get past Cotto, he doesnt need to be fighting Mayweather. If Cotto's cut over his left eye doesnt open up early, I have him winning by KO. Its too close to call. I think it will be a decision win.

AsbestosFlaygon
Pacman by KO or TKO by the last few rounds

Allankles
If Cotto comes into the fight in the same form he was against Clottey (healthy and strong) I have him beating Pac, either by TKO or decision. If Cotto is weight drained in anyway Pac beats him, but if he's healthy he'll be too strong for Pac.

I-Drop
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Pacman by KO or TKO by the last few rounds

Hell Lancer
Cotto is heading into this fight with so many disadvantages:
1) green corner
2) personal issues with the lawsuit
3) the fact that the judges are going to be biased against him because Pacman is not only the favorite but because if Pacman wins, its going to be history and no one wants to stop history from happening.
4) the crowd is going to be pro-Pacman
5) the fact that Pacman's got Freddy COCKroach in his corner
6) that Cotto has to really bring down his weight and is still having trouble with it
7) he has to put his title on the line while on a catchweight which is bullsh!t if i ever seen one

and the worse bit is that Arum has already decided Pacman's next opponent but no such plans are being made for Cotto.

just perfect. Pacman gets to through his weight around, pull strings, have things go his way and chums will go all groiny on him for pulling off yet another easy win against a disadvantaged opponent (aside from Shitty Hatton)

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Hell Lancer
Cotto is heading into this fight with so many disadvantages:
1) green corner
2) personal issues with the lawsuit
3) the fact that the judges are going to be biased against him because Pacman is not only the favorite but because if Pacman wins, its going to be history and no one wants to stop history from happening.
4) the crowd is going to be pro-Pacman
5) the fact that Pacman's got Freddy COCKroach in his corner
6) that Cotto has to really bring down his weight and is still having trouble with it
7) he has to put his title on the line while on a catchweight which is bullsh!t if i ever seen one

and the worse bit is that Arum has already decided Pacman's next opponent but no such plans are being made for Cotto.

just perfect. Pacman gets to through his weight around, pull strings, have things go his way and chums will go all groiny on him for pulling off yet another easy win against a disadvantaged opponent (aside from Shitty Hatton)

1) Agree on this one. Cotto shouldve accepted Emmanuel Stewards offer to train him. He needs a more experienced trainer to help him get out of his habits and learn new sets of skills.
2) Going by the 24/7, Cotto is completely focus in the fight.
3) Agree. He cant leave it to the Judges. If it goes to dceision he needs to drop Manny once or twice.
4) Im not sure about that one but I gotta say Manny is a very likeable guy.
5) That freaking Roach is a very smart trainer.
6) I dont think that'll be a problem. After all, wasnt he 146 for the Clottey fight?
7) Not to mention that Pacman's team were bitching about the referee too. They didnt want Joe Cortez because they thought he's pro Cotto because they both Puerto Ricans.

I'm picking Cotto by KO or split decision. The odds are stocked against him.

Alpha Centauri
Let's bring this on, then.

Who has the better chance of beating Mayweather? I don't think it's fair to say that if Pac beats Cotto, and then beats Mayweather, Cotto couldn't beat Mayweather.

Will either of them beat Mayweather? I don't think so. If he gets past either, surely he's going to be regarded as...well, what? He won't be regarded as the best ever, because of the likes of Robinson and Ali, but up there?

-AC

Bicnarok
Pac man all the way imo

WickedDynamite
I got nothing but respect for Pac man. I'm not a fan but the man is indeed great.

BruceSkywalker
filipino pride... great fight last night

guy222
Filipino pride

Manny vs Floyd

batdude123
predictions?

Pacman by 12th round TKO.

jaden101
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

Who has the better chance of beating Mayweather? I don't think it's fair to say that if Pac beats Cotto, and then beats Mayweather, Cotto couldn't beat Mayweather.

Will either of them beat Mayweather? I don't think so. If he gets past either, surely he's going to be regarded as...well, what? He won't be regarded as the best ever, because of the likes of Robinson and Ali, but up there?

-AC

I personally think that Mayweather isn't top of the big 5 of those closely grouped weight divisions.

I think, as it stands at the moment, it would look like this

Pacqiuao
Mosely
Mayweather/Cotto
Margarito (if he comes back in January)

With others like Paul Williams and Andre Berto very close too.

peejayd
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

-AC

* Mayweather fears Pacquiao, so there won't be a fight between them anytime in the future... but hey, just my two cents... smile but if it does materialize, my choice is still Pacman... smile

jhonatancas
haha i wonder who voted by cotto? there is NO WAY cotto could of defeated Paquiao, Pac-Man needs Floy Mayweather

AsbestosFlaygon
MEGALULZ @ teh pollz

Who the feck voted for Cotto?

Hell Lancer
well, they probably weren't counting on Cotto showing up weight-drained and a dumbass for a cornerman.

Darth Vicious
Cotto should've hired Emanuel Steward for that fight. Looking forward to Cotto's fight with Yuri Foreman to see if Cotto learn anything from him.

Hell Lancer
Ditto. Cotto's got heart, Cotto's got courage, Cotto's got durability, Cotto's also a humbler person now as opposed to the Cotto who fought Marga-concrete-o.
I don't care what anyone says about how crisp and how game he fought that fight, the moment I say him lift his hand for the crowd to see after landing a straight on Antonio, i KNEW he was going down in that fight. Cotto fought that fight to show off his power. Cotto fought that fight to entertain the crowd first and fight second. Basically, Cotto had his head stuck up his own ass in that fight. he ignored his body work (worst thing you do against a granite chinned fighter like Margo), his upperbody movement was shit, he was squating on the ropes too much, he didn't adjust to Margo's uppercuts, and he basically punched himself out because he was trying to show off his power. Bad news Cotto, but you're not a one-hit fighter. never were.

As much as it pained me to watch him lose, in retrospect that loss was a little beneficial in ways because it helped him focus on boxing instead of getting sucked in his own hype. only problem was, he came back and fired his uncle and hired a complete MORON instead.

Hell Lancer
the truth of Pacmania. been saying it since day one!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpxtKlVQqCU

Darth Vicious
the truth of Pacmania. been saying it since day one!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpxtKlVQqCU
Thanks for that. Excellent vid.

Hell Lancer
here's another one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U38i586wrHg&feature=related
and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZr6MZDBPZI&feature=related

apparently not only is Pacman not afraid of needles but he also doesn't have issues with blood testing as we see in this video. Put simply, Pacroid is simply ducking Mayweather.

here's what i think is going to happen:
1) if mayweather loses, pacman will challenge him and this time floyd'll have no choice but to take him up
2) what i really think is happening is that Roach is waiting for Floyd to get a little older. maybe when he's 35 or something. once he's 35, his reflexes will not be there anymore and he'll head down the Ali/Roy Jones road of damaged careers because fighters like him rely on their reflexes which go away late in the career.

that's my two cents.

AsbestosFlaygon
Somebody close this damn thread.

Thread sucks, and the 4 people who voted for Cotto sucks.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.