Dogfight

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthDaniel1001
Team Luke
NJO Luke in his X-Wing
ROTJ Wedge Antilles in his X-Wing
Baron Fel in his TIE Defender

Team Vader
ANH Darth Vader in his TIE Advanced
LOtF Jaina Solo in her X-Wing
Dash Rendar in the Outrider

Area: Orbiting Naboo

Darth Truculent
Good duel - too close to call.

ares834
Team Vader wins this. Vader is the best of these pilots, and Dash Rendar has the outrider which is a better ship than the rest.

truejedi
Luke is actually the best of these pilots.

Darth Subjekt
Originally posted by truejedi
Luke is actually the best of these pilots. Negative. Daddy still holds that title. His Mustafar incident didn't hamper his piloting abilities.

truejedi
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
Negative. Daddy still holds that title. His Mustafar incident didn't hamper his piloting abilities.

Where did you get the idea that Vader holds the title over Luke?

Source please. Feats comparison supports Luke, using his feats from LOTF alone.

I know of very few feats that Vader accomplished in a fighter pilot. Would happily learn more if you could quote them.

Darth Subjekt
Given that we don't see him in a ship til the last 10 minutes of the film, we still have to include CW accolades as Anakin/Vader, in which he was the greatest star pilot in galaxy.

truejedi
greatest, as of the clone-wars, which was before Luke was born.

Darth Subjekt
What has he done in terms of sheer piloting that surpasses daddy dearest?

truejedi
first of all, you would have to let me know what daddy dearest did. Besides destroying droids, i'm not sure what he has done that is so very impressive, besides the "greatest starfighter" quote.

His exploits in LOTF are pretty darn impressive though. (i realize the above said NJO, but considering he is hardly in a fighter between NJO and LOTF, i don't see that big of a difference in the two.)

You are already familiar with the LOTF quotes?

Darth Subjekt
All I can say in read his profile on the OS -- I'm not going to put all that in here. Its a simple enough source to get to and works in conjunction with the aforementioned quote.

Truthfully no, I'm not. If you don't want to paste them, then that's cool. I've just never heard Luke referred to as "the best" in terms of piloting.

But I will concede if need be.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.