Kratos takes on Organization XIII

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

EvilAngel

~:Mr.Anderson:~
Not to be a fanboy here, but if this were a game, kratos would find a way to clear them all. Alot like he would find a way to take out Ares or Persephone.

EvilAngel
Originally posted by ~:Mr.Anderson:~
Not to be a fanboy here, but if this were a game, kratos would find a way to clear them all. Alot like he would find a way to take out Ares or Persephone.

Touche ;p

But then, that's if this were Kratos's game. I'm sure if it was one of them who was the main character they would beat Kratos ^^'

Anyway, were do you think Kratos makes it to?

I think he could stop as ear as 6. And i don't see how he makes it past 10.

iChaos
Originally posted by ~:Mr.Anderson:~

He only found out how to kill Ares because of Athena. And one of the gods because of Persephone?

MooCowofJustice
The fanboy in me says he stops at 2, 7 or 9.

The unbias says he might be able to clear it. But with that I'm assuming Kratos is durable to the point where none of them have sufficient feats to harm him. Really I know nothing of Kratos, so yeah. He might stop at 7.

EvilAngel
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
But with that I'm assuming Kratos is durable to the point where none of them have sufficient feats to harm him

.....Kratos can die if he lets the normal bad guys hit him enough. Which are general humanoids with no real power at all.

Why would these guys have problems?

It's not God Kratos =\

Phanteros
Yeah ignoring the fact that he Survived a hundred foot drop or two explosions in canon.

MooCowofJustice
Originally posted by EvilAngel
.....Kratos can die if he lets the normal bad guys hit him enough. Which are general humanoids with no real power at all.

Why would these guys have problems?

It's not God Kratos =\

I figure we override that stuff as gameplay, because you have to be able to lose or the game won't be challenging at all.

Like Master Chief, with his Spaceship crashing atmosphere reentry and then 25 Kilometer fall into the ground, those enemy bullets really shouldn't do anything to his armor.

EvilAngel
Originally posted by Phanteros
Yeah ignoring the fact that he Survived a hundred foot drop or two explosions in canon.

But he can be killed by mortals..... Organization XIII are a bit stronger than the guys who can kill Kratos in his own game.

So why would he not be able to be hurt by them?

I swear every time Kratos is in a debate the guy is more and more over hyped.

EvilAngel
I figure we override that stuff as gameplay, because you have to be able to lose or the game won't be challenging at all.

Like Master Chief, with his Spaceship crashing atmosphere reentry and then 25 Kilometer fall into the ground, those enemy bullets really shouldn't do anything to his armor.

.....How about boss fights? are they counted as gameplay?

Phanteros
But he can be killed by mortals..... Organization XIII are a bit stronger than the guys who can kill Kratos in his own game.

So why would he not be able to be hurt by them?

I swear every time Kratos is in a debate the guy is more and more over hyped. In normal gameplay ie not required or dynamic he can get killed. And How did I overhype him When I stated his exact feats? and of course they are stronger than FODDER enemies Because they are BOSSES. the same can happen to Sora if you really suck at the game.

Also yeah they can hurt him but not serverly enough.

MooCowofJustice
I dunno. Probably depends on what else he's done in the game if you'd use it or not. Like Phanteros said, the 200 foot drop and the explosions. If he took those before, does it make a whole lot of sense for some normal person to hurt him with a sword? Nah.

Or for later on. Maybe he got stabbed earlier in the game, and then later on he gets stepped on by a Titan, you'd have to be specific on whether you're using endgame Kratos or not.

XanatosForever
Touche ;p

But then, that's if this were Kratos's game. I'm sure if it was one of them who was the main character they would beat Kratos ^^'

Anyway, were do you think Kratos makes it to?

I think he could stop as ear as 6. And i don't see how he makes it past 10.

I can actually see 10 being one of the easiest battles Kratos would endure. He'd simply have to maximize the utility of the Golden Fleece, which not only parries physical attacks, it reflects projectiles, and since Xigbar is a projectile user, he would be in susceptible to this tactic.

EvilAngel
In normal gameplay ie not required or dynamic he can get killed. And How did I overhype him When I stated his exact feats? and of course they are stronger than FODDER enemies Because they are BOSSES. the same can happen to Sora if you really suck at the game.

The arguement here is, can people from Organization XIII hurt Kratos.

Yes or no.

If Kratos were restrained and the 'FODDER' attacked him, would it do any damage.

Now, maybe different rules apply, but i can think of dozens of characters who have survived falls from 200 feets, and survived explosions..... yet we don't hear anything like this when it comes to them. Just saying is all.

Just to clarify, Cloud Strife has survived falls from miles high, and explosions. Yes we don't hear about any of this durability hype when it comes to him, do we?

Originally posted by XanatosForever
I can actually see 10 being one of the easiest battles Kratos would endure. He'd simply have to maximize the utility of the Golden Fleece, which not only parries physical attacks, it reflects projectiles, and since Xigbar is a projectile user, he would be in susceptible to this tactic.

I doubt that would work ;p

Fight 10: Xigbar. This fight will take place in The World That Never Was. Xigar's element is space and he wields twin gun arrow blasters. Xigbar attacks from far range using his twin Arrowguns, firing rapid barrages of lasers at his enemies. He uses his control over Space to its fullest, bending his element to teleport, warp his shots, and levitate upside down. With this ability, Xigbar does not even have to aim at a target to hit him. Instead, he can simply fire anywhere he wishes and open spacial rifts to redirect the shots towards the intended target.

MooCowofJustice
I thought Cloud could fly?

I don't even play Final Fantasy games. So that Cloud stuff is news to me anyway.

XanatosForever
The arguement here is, can people from Organization XIII hurt Kratos.

Yes or no.

If Kratos were restrained and the 'FODDER' attacked him, would it do any damage.

Now, maybe different rules apply, but i can think of dozens of characters who have survived falls from 200 feets, and survived explosions..... yet we don't hear anything like this when it comes to them. Just saying is all.

Just to clarify, Cloud Strife has survived falls from miles high, and explosions. Yes we don't hear about any of this durability hype when it comes to him, do we?

I doubt that would work ;p

I did notice that portion of the text, but unless Xigbars arrows move faster than lightning, Kratos will be able to react and reflect them. In which case it might become a stalemate of constant redirecting of projectiles.

EvilAngel
I thought Cloud could fly?

Hell no no expression

I did notice that portion of the text, but unless Xigbars arrows move faster than lightning, Kratos will be able to react and reflect them. In which case it might become a stalemate of constant redirecting of projectiles.

There are far too many factors in that to use it as realistic feat >_>

Only if Kratos can use the fleece to protect himself from all directions at once =\

XanatosForever
He can. no expression Activating the Fleece creates an aura that surrounds his entire body, at least that's how it's looked like to me, as he's been able to parry and reflect even enemies that are behind him. o.O The Fleece works agianst area-of-effect attacks, as well, and allows him to counter with his own AoE attack.

EvilAngel
Sounds more like a gameplay thingy. Aren't those not allowed?

XanatosForever
You could be right, considering there are not many mandatory events, or even cutscenes, depicting the Fleece's limits.

EvilAngel
You could be right, considering there are not many mandatory events, or even cutscenes, depicting the Fleece's limits.

I'll admit my knowledge of Kratos's spells is almost nothing. But from what I've seen of Kratos, this is the worse possible enemy for him.

Xigbar can not only change the direction of projectiles to make sure he always hits dead on. But he can also alter the space of terrain. Making holes or ground where there was not before.

As a side note; if Kratos surviving 200 feat is a good durability feat for him then he's in trouble if he's fightning a guy who could alter the space on the floor to go much deeper than that.

NemeBro
Kratos didn't survive a 200 foot fall...Lol.

He was sent flying for miles and through a thick stone roof.

Assuming they are talking about the feat I am thinking of.

Phanteros
I'll admit my knowledge of Kratos's spells is almost nothing. But from what I've seen of Kratos, this is the worse possible enemy for him.

Xigbar can not only change the direction of projectiles to make sure he always hits dead on. But he can also alter the space of terrain. Making holes or ground where there was not before.

As a side note; if Kratos surviving 200 feat is a good durability feat for him then he's in trouble if he's fightning a guy who could alter the space on the floor to go much deeper than that. actually it will depend on the environment they are in. nether the less he will just have to keep moving Kratos has his arrows which he can rapid shot.

Phanteros
Sounds more like a gameplay thingy. Aren't those not allowed? Not really in certain circumstances. (IE Link and altair)

EvilAngel
actually it will depend on the environment they are in. nether the less he will just have to keep moving Kratos has his arrows which he can rapid shot. I've already stated the locations of each fight.

Kratos doesn't get past Xigbar until someone can put up a good arguement as to why =\

NemeBro
Kratos' Golden Fleece covers his left arm past the shoulder, and the only cutscene we saw him blocking it with that, so yeah, that is probably how it is used.

Phanteros
I've already stated the locations of each fight.

Kratos doesn't get past Xigbar until someone can put up a good arguement as to why =\ Lets see he can pull out what Sora did to him and bat his attacks back at him. he can also just stone Xigbar can shatter him.

EvilAngel
Lets see he can pull out what Sora did to him and bat his attacks back at him. he can also just stone Xigbar can shatter him.

First of all prove you don't need a Keyblade to do that. As only Sora can do that, not donald nor Goofy.

Second, it was PIS anyway, with his powers Xigbar could've redirected them.

That would work but Xigbar has shown the ability to hit dead on without even being present before his targets.

NemeBro
First of all prove you don't need a Keyblade to do that. As only Sora can do that, not donald nor Goofy. That's faulty reasoning...You need to prove only a Keyblade can do so, not the other way around. I doubt Kratos could ride them, but block them? Sure.

EvilAngel
Originally posted by NemeBro
That's faulty reasoning...You need to prove only a Keyblade can do so, not the other way around. I doubt Kratos could ride them, but block them? Sure.

Okay, how about, you can't hurt them until you get the keyblade? Or the fact that only Sora can do it. Or that only Sora displayed the ability to use the powers of enemies he was fighting, which is the logical explanation why Xigbar didn't redirect them back.

That why i doubt Kratos can do it. Highly.

NemeBro
Okay, how about, you can't hurt them until you get the keyblade? Or the fact that only Sora can do it. Or that only Sora displayed the ability to use the powers of enemies he was fighting, which is the logical explanation why Xigbar didn't redirect them back.

That why i doubt Kratos can do it. Highly. Can't hurt him until you get the Keyblade? You have it before you meet him...Sora might only be able to do it because only he has the reflexes to do so, and because of gameplay. no expression As for using the powers, wut?

I mean he could reflect them, not ride them like Sora did.

EvilAngel
Can't hurt him until you get the Keyblade? You have it before you meet him...Sora might only be able to do it because only he has the reflexes to do so, and because of gameplay. no expression As for using the powers, wut?

I mean he could reflect them, not ride them like Sora did.

I was speaking about Nobodies in general. You can't hurt them until you get a Keyblade in the game. No, he can only doing it because of gameplay essentially.

Prove it, lol

MooCowofJustice
I think we call that a no limit fallacy and dismiss it. Which is why Ganon can be hurt by things other than the Master Sword and Light Arrows for these threads.

NemeBro
I was speaking about Nobodies in general. You can't hurt them until you get a Keyblade in the game. No, he can only doing it because of gameplay essentially.

Prove it, lol Others in KH can destroy Nobodies without.

He can do so to Zeus' lightning, which has destroyed buildsings. Something Xigbar has not done. no expression

EvilAngel
Others in KH can destroy Nobodies without.

He can do so to Zeus' lightning, which has destroyed buildsings. Something Xigbar has not done. no expression

Like who? If gameplay feats are not canon, i challenge you to find me one person who can hurt nobodies. Riku excluded.

Is lightning and the attacks of Xigbar the same?

MooCowofJustice
Don't Leon and the others fight Nobodies in cut scenes? Or was that just Heartless?

EvilAngel
Don't Leon and the others fight Nobodies in cut scenes? Or was that just Heartless?

Just heartless

NemeBro
Like who? If gameplay feats are not canon, i challenge you to find me one person who can hurt nobodies. Riku excluded.

Is lightning and the attacks of Xigbar the same? Riku was able to do so, and lacked a Keyblade. Yeah. Seriously, it is not stated anywhere in the game that you need a Keyblade to kill a Nobody, Sora is not able to kill Heartless without a Keyblade, yet we see guys like Squall, Cloud, and Sephiroth do so just fine.

No, the lightning is stronger. Sure, Xigbar can manipulate it in mid-air, but that does not mean Kratos cannot deflect it, it only makes it more difficult to do so.

EvilAngel
Riku was able to do so, and lacked a Keyblade. Yeah. Seriously, it is not stated anywhere in the game that you need a Keyblade to kill a Nobody, Sora is not able to kill Heartless without a Keyblade, yet we see guys like Squall, Cloud, and Sephiroth do so just fine.

No, the lightning is stronger. Sure, Xigbar can manipulate it in mid-air, but that does not mean Kratos cannot deflect it, it only makes it more difficult to do so.

You never see Squall, Cloud, or Sephiroth so much as touch a nobody. Nevermind fight one and win. Also Roxas wasn't able to hurt one without the keyblade, not even Hurt one mesely dusk. Nevermind a member of the 13.

So because he can defect that he can this? Are you sure that's stable logic?

That and so what? if we assume Xigbar is fighting properly, unlike the game, meaning, not being in melee range when he doesn't have to be. There's no reason he can't send it right back to Kratos, and if he's firing more as he does so, Kratos can't hope to stop them all.

Phanteros
As for Roxas not being able to hurt the nobodies. He had like a ordinary bat against them. and it was the same situation as in the original Kingdom Hearts when sora couldn't attack the heartless with wooden sword.

Phanteros
And yeah kratos can do the trick that Sora can't do when he dealt with him. or just move around the fire.

EvilAngel
As for Roxas not being able to hurt the nobodies. He had like a ordinary bat against them. and it was the same situation as in the original Kingdom Hearts when sora couldn't attack the heartless with wooden sword.

True, but if i swung a bat at you full force i think it would atleast hurt you. Wouldn't you say?

Also it was Roxas who couldn't hurt one with a bat.

Roxas is a Nobody who are physically more powerful than humans, organization members even more so. And even he without a Keyblade couldn't hurt one.

You know if i could claim you need the Keyblade to hurt a nobody, because in no cutscene in KH does anyone hurt a nobody without a keyblade =\

I'm not though, that would defeat the fun in this thread.

EvilAngel
And yeah kratos can do the trick that Sora can't do when he dealt with him. or just move around the fire.

Prove it ^^

Phanteros
Prove it ^^ Sora who was doing that sequence Xigbars machine gun rapid fire had the same speed as kratos and causally maneuvering it . also seeing as its possible to bat his attacks at him as well.

iChaos

The only reason he survived the fall in God of War is because the gods saved him (it wasn't even the highest fall, lulz). The explosions didn't seem to do anything (well, unless you count Persephone's which was PIS?).

EvilAngel
Sora who was doing that sequence Xigbars machine gun rapid fire had the same speed as kratos and causally maneuvering it . also seeing as its possible to bat his attacks at him as well.

Only Sora's feats are far better than Kratos's. Kratos isn't even on the same level as Sora for blade dexterity. See 6:35 - 7:10 for feats.

Behold Xemnas, final boss fight in KH2 and the final combatant Kratos would have to beat in order to win this thread.

9auiGcNJECk

iChaos
He was sent flying for miles and through a thick stone roof.

That's God Kratos, buddy.

EvilAngel
Originally posted by iChaos

You know if Xigbar can truely manipulate space he could just change the location of his attack to inside the shield =\

iChaos

The Barbarian King could if he wanted too. And i'm not talking about Kratos at the beginning of God of War.

He can do so to Zeus' lightning, which has destroyed buildsings.

Well, if going by gameplay, he couldn't reflect Zeus' bolts (while in giant form). It did damage, but not major damage.

Demonic Phoenix
That's God Kratos, buddy.

A god Kratos that had lost most of his power to the Colossus. Kratos can easily survive something like that. He survived being crushed by the Colossus no expression.

Well, if going by gameplay, he couldn't reflect Zeus' bolts (while in giant form). It did damage, but not major damage.

He can reflect them in gameplay.

EvilAngel
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
A god Kratos that had lost most of his power to the Colossus. Kratos can easily survive something like that. He survived being crushed by the Colossus no expression.

So what do you think Demonic?

You think he clears it or?

Personally i think anyone from 5 onward could stop him.

And i can't see how he beat 10, 12 or 13.

Demonic Phoenix

And i can't see how he beat 10, 12 or 13.

Frankly, I don't know. I haven't played KH2 embarrasment.

Also, call me DP.

EvilAngel
Frankly, I don't know. I haven't played KH2 embarrasment.

Also, call me DP.

Well i wrote down a brief descriptions of each members powers, and you can youtube their fights.

But oki ;p I'll let you bide your time ^^

Demonic Phoenix
It's past midnight where I'm at, not in the mood for 13 YT vids at the moment. Perhaps later.

From what I read, Kratos makes it up to Xemnas at least. Xemnas would be a beast to overcome, especially if he can use the powers of the other 12. Roxas could pose more of a problem than the other 12 imo.

Merci!.

Phanteros
Only Sora's feats are far better than Kratos's. Kratos isn't even on the same level as Sora for blade dexterity. See 6:35 - 7:10 for feats.

Behold Xemnas, final boss fight in KH2 and the final combatant Kratos would have to beat in order to win this thread.

9auiGcNJECk Not really beyond kratos dex

n0oWCquN7MY He swings the blades much faster than sora can 30 hits fast

Phanteros

And i can't see how he beat 10, 12 or 13. I see him clearing.

Phanteros
The Barbarian King could if he wanted too. And i'm not talking about Kratos at the beginning of God of War.

Well, if going by gameplay, he couldn't reflect Zeus' bolts (while in giant form). It did damage, but not major damage. Barbarian King the second time got manhandled.

Phanteros
Not really beyond kratos dex

n0oWCquN7MY He swings the blades much faster than sora can 30 hits fast but yeah that is a fast twirl action but you don't need to stop all of the attacks to past that part.

Phanteros
I recall his magic spell having 382 hits as well(lightning). Also while that attack can hurt Kratos real bad I think having a good durablity he can tank most of it and reflect back the rest the. His fleece did stop omnidirectional attacks as well.

Quincy
Kingdom Hearts is top titties.

Having said that, Kratos would probs beat them all.

EvilAngel
Not really beyond kratos dex

n0oWCquN7MY He swings the blades much faster than sora can 30 hits fast

Just to clarify you are aware Kratos has 2 blades on a chain and is just spinning around right?

His direction is barely changing and judging by his wings it would be because his has very limited ariel control.

Sora and Riku combined blocked laser attacks coming from every direction. That would take more that just rotating with a blade held out like Kratos is doing in that video.

I recall his magic spell having 382 hits as well(lightning). Also while that attack can hurt Kratos real bad I think having a good durablity he can tank most of it and reflect back the rest the. His fleece did stop omnidirectional attacks as well.

I thought gameplace mechanics weren't allowed? So the fleece couldn't protect 360 degree radius of attacks =\

iChaos
Barbarian King the second time got manhandled.

I'm not saying that, all i'm saying is that The BK can hurt him.

but yeah that is a fast twirl action but you don't need to stop all of the attacks to past that part.

As soon as Kratos swings, he can block, and Kratos would end up cutting his head off erm

iChaos

Still. Not only was the Colossus' hand small, it's powers were drained (weakened), and he was clearly dying. Not to mention it was a shallow statue.

He reflected Zeus' lighting storm in gameplay =\

Demonic Phoenix
Small/big makes no difference here. Neither does the idea that it was 'weakened' (it was lifeless, not weakened). The hand was falling, that crushed Kratos, and he survived while he was mortal. Sure he was weakened, but he survived.

You talked about the Giant Form bolts first, not the Lightning Storm no expression. Kratos can reflect Giant Zeus' bolts with the fleece.

iChaos
He was clearly dying.

No he can't. He can only reflect them if, and only if, he's in his small form.

Demonic Phoenix
My point was that he survived the actual crush, not whether he would live forever after the crush no expression.

I'm pretty sure he can reflect Giant Zeus' bolts. Though fine, I'll check it out soon, and reply with a definite answer.

Phanteros
I'm not saying that, all i'm saying is that The BK can hurt him.

As soon as Kratos swings, he can block, and Kratos would end up cutting his head off erm Reason why? he didn't even cut Riku.

CosmicComet
He was clearly dying.

No. This is moronic and I can't believe anyone would claim this. Its funny because you are the second person I recall saying such a thing.

Kratos was bleeding somewhat, bruised and limping. But still able to fight albeit exhausted and talk coherently. Sounds like the condition a fighter would be in after a good match.

How that equals 'clearly dying' I have no idea?

PS: You never at any point in God of War 2 play with God Kratos. Zeus takes your God powers and puts it into the Colossus. What you are left with is a peak Demi-God Kratos. Hence the full the health and magic bar. And that remaining power is what gets drained into the Blade by Kratos voluntarily later in the level.

It's a plot point for explaining why you have to start all over with a base Kratos with weak stats.

After that, he of course drains his own God Powers back into the Sword after he goes inside the colossus.

Any feat Kratos has at the beginning of God of War 2 when you play with him is a demi god kratos feat. Hell, he has greater durability feats than surviving the colossus hand later on in the game too. Hell even in God of War 1 Kratos jumped off a mountain into the ocean and he wasn't hurt whatsoever.

EvilAngel
Originally posted by CosmicComet
No. This is moronic and I can't believe anyone would claim this. Its funny because you are the second person I recall saying such a thing.

Kratos was bleeding somewhat, bruised and limping. But still able to fight albeit exhausted and talk coherently. Sounds like the condition a fighter would be in after a good match.

PS: You never at any point in God of War 2 play with God Kratos. Zeus takes your God powers and puts it into the Colossus. What you are left with is a peak Demi-God Kratos. Hence the full the health and magic bar. And that remaining power is what gets drained into the Blade by Kratos voluntarily later in the level.

It's a plot point for explaining why you have to start all over with a base Kratos with weak stats.

After that, he of course drains his own God Powers back into the Sword after he goes inside the colossus.

Any feat Kratos has at the beginning of God of War 2 when you play with him is a demi god kratos feat. Hell, he has greater durability feats than surviving the colossus hand later on in the game too. Hell even in God of War 1 Kratos jumped off a mountain into the ocean and he wasn't hurt whatsoever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVqzN6fEg6g

Maybe it's the puking blood, or the narrorator stating he needed the blade for his survival but, he doesn't look like he's going to be fine.

Plus it looks like has barely the strength left to raise his arms. How is that not nearly dead? A stiff breeze would finish the job =\

CosmicComet
Puking blood? Nothing fatal there for the amount he coughed up. Survival? Of course. He's in a vulnerable state and could be killed off by another enemy. He has no prediction that he's in the clear knowing he's made enemies with the gods before hand.

No need for the 'looks like he could barely lift his arms'. He lifted his arms just fine while gesturing and talking to Zeus. And even pushing down the blade while Zeus held it. And he talked with almost as much timber and clarity in his voice as he ever had. The injuries weren't close to fatal if he's upright and talking normally.

Now, actually FIGHTING on the other hand. Was a difficult task. Seeing as he could barely put any force into his swings. You know what that is? Exhaustion.

How is that not 'nearly dead'? Because its obviously not... Nearly dead would lying on the ground, losing consciousness rapidly.

You can't be 'nearly dead' one moment and then not die immediately when another being of greater strength rams a sword through you. Kratos was only 'nearly dead' when he cursed Zeus with his dying breath as he bled profusely. Then he died. wink

Demonic Phoenix

Kratos was much worse off than what you put him out to be. However, he wasn't dying as iChaos said.

The Kratos we play with at the beginning isn't demi-god Kratos, and he isn't the God of War either. The main reason being his Blades and perhaps Poseidon's Rage. The Blades signified that he had a little bit of his godly powers left in him.

The extension of the health and magic bar is pretty much a gameplay restriction. The magic bar itself is a gameplay restriction as is the leveling of the Blades and the other weapons.

The Kratos we have from the moment he escapes Hades, is the same as the Kratos who stabs Zeus and saves the Titans, at least from a base ability standpoint. Obviously the latter Kratos has the BoO (Blade of Olympus), Spear of Destiny, Barbarian Hammer, RotT (Rage), TB (Bow), etc.

Kratos' jumping off the Aegean Cliffs at the end of GoW1 isn't a feat >__>. The gods prevented him from dying.

EvilAngel
Puking blood? Nothing fatal there for the amount he coughed up. Survival? Of course. He's in a vulnerable state and could be killed off by another enemy. He has no prediction that he's in the clear knowing he's made enemies with the gods before hand.

No need for the 'looks like he could barely lift his arms'. He lifted his arms just fine while gesturing and talking to Zeus. And even pushing down the blade while Zeus held it. And he talked with almost as much timber and clarity in his voice as he ever had. The injuries weren't close to fatal if he's upright and talking normally.

Now, actually FIGHTING on the other hand. Was a difficult task. Seeing as he could barely put any force into his swings. You know what that is? Exhaustion.

How is that not 'nearly dead'? Because its obviously not... Nearly dead would lying on the ground, losing consciousness rapidly.

You can't be 'nearly dead' one moment and then not die immediately when another being of greater strength rams a sword through you. Kratos was only 'nearly dead' when he cursed Zeus with his dying breath as he bled profusely. Then he died. wink

If you are puking blood the way he was after being crushed that means internal bleeding. Kratos was a goner whether you choose to believe it or not.

Even the narrator said he was going to die if he didn't get the sword. To my mind that's all there is to it =\

Demonic Phoenix
If you are puking blood the way he was after being crushed that means internal bleeding. Kratos was a goner whether you choose to believe it or not.

Even the narrator said he was going to die if he didn't get the sword. To my mind that's all there is to it =\

Had he had internal bleeding, he most likely would have been puking until his death.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVqzN6fEg6g

Maybe it's the puking blood, or the narrorator stating he needed the blade for his survival but, he doesn't look like he's going to be fine.

Plus it looks like has barely the strength left to raise his arms. How is that not nearly dead? A stiff breeze would finish the job =\

Kratos was vulnerable to death, which means that it would be easy, or rather, easier, for someone or something to kill him. He had to regain his powers in order to ensure his protection/survival.

He wasn't on his way to death. Had he rested, he would have recovered. iChaos states that Kratos would have died no matter what, which is wrong.

Barely lifting his arms is a gameplay element. He puts up a weak resistance against a Zeus that was trying to stab him. A mortal (Kratos' level of strength while that weak, if not weaker) would have been impaled instantly.

A stiff breeze? You make it sound like a stiff breeze could kill Kratos faster than the King of Olympus himself.
He wasn't killed the moment Zeus stabbed him with the blade (a feat in of itself), they had quite a lengthy conversation.

CosmicComet
Kratos was much worse off than what you put him out to be. However, he wasn't dying as iChaos said.

The Kratos we play with at the beginning isn't demi-god Kratos, and he isn't the God of War either. The main reason being his Blades and perhaps Poseidon's Rage. The Blades signified that he had a little bit of his godly powers left in him.

The extension of the health and magic bar is pretty much a gameplay restriction. The magic bar itself is a gameplay restriction as is the leveling of the Blades and the other weapons.

The Kratos we have from the moment he escapes Hades, is the same as the Kratos who stabs Zeus and saves the Titans, at least from a base ability standpoint. Obviously the latter Kratos has the BoO (Blade of Olympus), Spear of Destiny, Barbarian Hammer, RotT (Rage), TB (Bow), etc.

Kratos' jumping off the Aegean Cliffs at the end of GoW1 isn't a feat >__>. The gods prevented him from dying.

-He was in the condition of coming off of major injuries from a fight but nowhere near fatal. That's what I said, thats what it was.

-Except it is a Demi-God Kratos. It's a peak Demi-God Kratos. His stats are full and his blades are maxed out. That's a peak Demi-God Kratos.

-And no, I explained the health and magic bar to you just now. They are not simply a gameplay restriction when canonically you see green orbs representing his health drain into the blade as well as blue orbs representing his magic drain into the blade.

The blades being at full power is in no way a 'signification' of still having godly powers in him. (I don't know where the hell you pulled that out of.) That's an indication that the blade is fully upgraded due to the red orbs...which I forgot to add are also canonically drained into the blade along with the green and blue orbs.

Thus with those three orb upgrades being drained from him we go from a full power Demi-God to base level Demi-God.

-Kratos is not the same even in base abilities from one point in the game to the end either by feats or by mechanics. And seeing as the upgrades you get through the game are regarded as canon to what Kratos comes across and uses in his journey anyway (via the draining cutscene), what I said there was redundant.

And here's an example of Kratos' abilities improving as the games go on. Early in God of War 2 he could not lift the hand of Typhon. Later he keeps Atlas' fingers from crushing him. Granted its not his full hand but Atlas is the biggest and strongest of the titans by far. Seeing as he holds the World perpetually.

-Oh Jesus...The gods saved him from DROWNING. He jumped off the tallest mountain in Greece. Hit the water at a speed that would turn normal men into chum and he was completely fine.

EvilAngel
Had he had internal bleeding, he most likely would have been puking until his death.

Kratos was vulnerable to death, which means that it would be easy, or rather, easier, for someone or something to kill him. He had to regain his powers in order to ensure his protection/survival.

He wasn't on his way to death. Had he rested, he would have recovered. iChaos states that Kratos would have died no matter what, which is wrong.

Barely lifting his arms is a gameplay element. He puts up a weak resistance against a Zeus that was trying to stab him. A mortal (Kratos' level of strength while that weak, if not weaker) would have been impaled instantly.

A stiff breeze? You make it sound like a stiff breeze could kill Kratos faster than the King of Olympus himself.
He wasn't killed the moment Zeus stabbed him with the blade (a feat in of itself), they had quite a lengthy conversation.

Last i check mortals such as ourselves don't walk the way he does. We can swing weapons with force as opposed to them almost falling instead of swinging.

Look at the video =\

That was an exaggeration to be clear, but it's meant to emphasis he is close to death. I can't see how you can deny that.

CosmicComet

Except he's not bleeding internally. He coughed up blood once, which is certainly not a good thing but definitely not an indication of death. Happens in fights often. As long as he's not vomiting bood constantly he's fine.

Except the narrator did not say that shit. She said his survival depended on it. Not that he would flop dead moments later without it.
And indeed he didn't. Seeing as he only died after a being of Zeus' level outright killed him with the most powerful weapon in the GoW universe, albeit he still died with some resistance and mocked Zeus before succumbing.

I've explained it as thoroughly as can be. If you choose to believe your course still, then I have nothing more to say. It's a foolish belief.

NemeBro
Dude, he was not far from death, come on. erm

CosmicComet
He could walk. He could talk -clearly. He could stand up straight. He could fight barely. He was not bleeding fatally. He could even shrug off Zeus' impalement for a few moments.

He was injured. Not close to death.

Extremely vulnerable to being killed? Of course. Zeus showed us that splendidly.

NemeBro
Kratos could barely walk, and could not even jump. erm

He was bleeding internally.

He was not far from death.

Phanteros
people live with internal bleed as well today and they aren't that much near death.

Phanteros
being near death you still able to talk as if nothing had happened or able to atleast walk?

CosmicComet
He couldn't jump. Your point? I said he's injured and exhausted yes?

No. He coughed up blood once and never again while even talking coherently with Zeus.

He was far from death. Or he would have died immediately when Zeus impaled him.

EvilAngel
He could walk. He could talk -clearly. He could stand up straight. He could fight barely. He was not bleeding fatally. He could even shrug off Zeus' impalement for a few moments.

He was injured. Not close to death.

Extremely vulnerable to being killed? Of course. Zeus showed us that splendidly.

He stood up straight only when Zeus held a blade against his throat, i'm pretty sure that doesn't count. The guy was walking like a 100 year old without his cane. That's close to death.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXLvvRlPips

Yeah, "shrugging it off".... at which point? Looks like he's in writhing agony to me.

CosmicComet
He stood up straight only when Zeus held a blade against his throat, i'm pretty sure that doesn't count. The guy was walking like a 100 year old without his cane. That's close to death.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXLvvRlPips

Yeah, "shrugging it off".... at which point? Looks like he's in writhing agony to me.

Except he was already standing up straight before Zeus even put the sword to his throat. Zeus' gesture there only made Kratos lean back after this. I would suggest you actually watch the videos you yourself post.

My goodness. Yes. Lets talk semantics then shall we even when my point was clear anyway? Since you have no other way to debate the point? He fought off the impalement for a moment. Better?

I certainly didn't mean to make it sound 'easy'.

And that video is not even what I'm talking about. I'm talkin about when he grabbed the blade as Zeus was trying to stab him.

Phanteros
yeah despite the fact he was still able to talk right even with a sword in his chest.

CosmicComet
I don't see why NemeBro of all people would subscribe to this newly formed (to me anyway) speculation of near death.

That would only be making Zeus and the BoO look rather unimpressive, not outright killing a 'near dead' Kratos. laughing

Seriously, Kratos' condition was akin to a bloodied, injured, exhausted fighter after a grueling fight. Nothing more.

Demonic Phoenix
-He was in the condition of coming off of major injuries from a fight but nowhere near fatal. That's what I said, thats what it was.

-Except it is a Demi-God Kratos. It's a peak Demi-God Kratos. His stats are full and his blades are maxed out. That's a peak Demi-God Kratos.

-And no, I explained the health and magic bar to you just now. They are not simply a gameplay restriction when canonically you see green orbs representing his health drain into the blade as well as blue orbs representing his magic drain into the blade.

The blades being at full power is in no way a 'signification' of still having godly powers in him. (I don't know where the hell you pulled that out of.) That's an indication that the blade is fully upgraded due to the red orbs...which I forgot to add are also canonically drained into the blade along with the green and blue orbs.

Thus with those three orb upgrades being drained from him we go from a full power Demi-God to base level Demi-God.

-Kratos is not the same even in base abilities from one point in the game to the end either by feats or by mechanics. And seeing as the upgrades you get through the game are regarded as canon to what Kratos comes across and uses in his journey anyway (via the draining cutscene), what I said there was redundant.

And here's an example of Kratos' abilities improving as the games go on. Early in God of War 2 he could not lift the hand of Typhon. Later he keeps Atlas' fingers from crushing him. Granted its not his full hand but Atlas is the biggest and strongest of the titans by far. Seeing as he holds the World perpetually.

-Oh Jesus...The gods saved him from DROWNING. He jumped off the tallest mountain in Greece. Hit the water at a speed that would turn normal men into chum and he was completely fine.

You implied that he was in a condition people would be after a good fight. That's not the condition Kratos was in. He was somewhere in between. The injuries were not fatal, that I agree. I even brought up the point, and you defended it, I thank you for that.

So let me get this straight, because you saw Green orbs and Blue orbs flow out of Kratos, chests suddenly have the ability to heal Kratos in 'reality'? No, not only chests, but also killing certain enemies certain ways, and boss stuns as well? It is a gameplay element. As is opening chests for Gorgon eyes and Phoenix Feathers.

The Golden Blades are a signification that he still has some of his godly powers. They are, for the most part, the same 'blades' as the ones that God Kratos has. A throwback to that point would be the God of War costume. He has the Golden Blades. General Kratos is not 'proper' in this regard as he should have had the Blades of Chaos (design at least). The devs probably couldn't put that in, so they decided to give him the golden blades to give him unique blades.

The "maxed" blades he has at the end of God of War 2 are different from his blades at the start of the game. The former is fueled by his own power. The latter is fueled by his own, "divine" power.

Same goes for Poseidon's Rage. Why does he lose Poseidon's Rage if all he is losing are his maxed stats? Poseidon's Rage certainly isn't tied to maxed stats; we don't obtain PR when we max out our Blue MP bar.

If you don't believe me when I say that leveling is a gameplay element, why are the Blades in the high res cutscenes the same throughout? In the cutscene where he talks to Gaia and cuts the Hades arms, as well as the end cutscene where he talks to Gaia and rescues the Titans. Those high-res cutscenes aren't tied to gameplay.

I was talking about base abilities (strength, speed, stamina, endurance, health, etc.), not weapon powers and so on.

"Lifting" Typhon's fingers is something entirely different. How could he have lifted Typhon's fingers completely off Pegasus without proper leverage? I assume you are talking about physical strength, since Kratos does not use his blades & RotT to keep Atlas' fingers apart.

Fair enough, the gods saved him from drowning, and not the actual fall. I'll concede that point. The gods probably made him miss the rocks though stick out tongue.

Demonic Phoenix
Last i check mortals such as ourselves don't walk the way he does. We can swing weapons with force as opposed to them almost falling instead of swinging.

Look at the video =\

That was an exaggeration to be clear, but it's meant to emphasis he is close to death. I can't see how you can deny that.

We do when we're drunk stick out tongue.

So, in your eyes, swinging blades on chains takes more strength than trying to resist a stab from a god?

iChaos

According to Gaia he was dying (the way she was talking) =\

NemeBro
I don't see why NemeBro of all people would subscribe to this newly formed (to me anyway) speculation of near death.

That would only be making Zeus and the BoO look rather unimpressive, not outright killing a 'near dead' Kratos. laughing

Seriously, Kratos' condition was akin to a bloodied, injured, exhausted fighter after a grueling fight. Nothing more. It might have something to do with me not being an idiot.

It stabbed through him, nothing special about that, if someone other than Zeus were able to stab through Kratos, then the same would happen.

He was coughing up blood and could barely move. Show me an example of someone with internal bleeding not being near death. Kthxbai.

Demonic Phoenix
According to Gaia he was dying (the way she was talking) =\

CosmicComet and I have already addressed this point. If not CC, I certainly have.

Vulnerable to the arms of death/depended on the blade for survival doesn't necessarily mean that he was going to die no matter what happened.

EvilAngel
Except he was already standing up straight before Zeus even put the sword to his throat. Zeus' gesture there only made Kratos lean back after this. I would suggest you actually watch the videos you yourself post.

My goodness. Yes. Lets talk semantics then shall we even when my point was clear anyway? Since you have no other way to debate the point? He fought off the impalement for a moment. Better?

I certainly didn't mean to make it sound 'easy'.

And that video is not even what I'm talking about. I'm talkin about when he grabbed the blade as Zeus was trying to stab him.

I would suggest you finish school before you mouth off what's close to death and what isn't but you know, that'd just be rude.

You mean when he momentary held the blade then Zeus just wrecked him with it in the next second? you call that shrugging it off? you don't have a clue do you?

Okay, let's make this clear. I think he's close to death you don't.

He's limping severly.

His attacks are drooping slightly and are slow as hell.

He appears to be unable to walk standing up straight.

The narrator says he is vunerable to the arms of death and he needs the sword for his survival. Note, Zeus isn't in the scene at which time, so it's more unlikely than likely that those words are said in reference to him.

I have 4 pieces of evidence that suggest he his critcally injured. You have your opinion.

kthxbye.

iChaos

I love how you simply ignored that the gods saved Kratos from dying when he dived into the ocean.

That proves he was dying and it also proves that he still had godly power inside him. Kratos wasn't able to do shit. If he wasn't dying, then he Gaia wouldn't have said, "VULNERABLE TO THE ARMS OF DEATH," and not only that, but she said, to have any hope of survival, he must retreive the The Blade of Olympus." Yeah, Kratos was dying, because Gaia wouldn't have said "his death".

NemeBro
I would suggest you finish school before you mouth off what's close to death and what isn't but you know, that'd just be rude.

You mean when he momentary held the blade then Zeus just wrecked him with it in the next second? you call that shrugging it off? you don't have a clue do you?

He's limping severly.

The narrator says he is vunerable to the arms of death and he needs the sword for his survival. Note, Zeus isn't in the scene at which time, so it's more unlikely than likely that those words are said in reference to him.

I have 4 pieces of evidence that suggest he his critcally injured. You have your opinion.

kthxbye. I love it when you pwn noobs so brutally. love

iChaos
CosmicComet and I have already addressed this point. If not CC, I certainly have.

Vulnerable to the arms of death/depended on the blade for survival doesn't necessarily mean that he was going to die no matter what happened.

If Kratos wasn't "going to die" he wouldn't have been sent to Hades in the first place.

Demonic Phoenix
If Kratos wasn't "going to die" he wouldn't have been sent to Hades in the first place.

There has been a misunderstanding. He was sent after Zeus killed him. I implied that he probably would not have died had Zeus not stepped onto the scene.

iChaos
Yeah, my bad. We both have our opinons.

EvilAngel
There has been a misunderstanding. He was never sent to Hades after the Colossus crushed him. He was sent after Zeus killed him. I implied that he wouldn't die had Zeus not stepped onto the scene.

True, but only because no one would have taken the blade of Olympus.

Without that, it is heavily implied that Kratos was mortally wounded.

Demonic Phoenix
Yeah, my bad. We both have our opinons.

Except mine is right stick out tongue, HURR HURR.

~ Just so you don't misunderstand me again, I was kidding about my opinion being right.

Demonic Phoenix
True, but only because no one would have taken the blade of Olympus.

Without that, it is heavily implied that Kratos was mortally wounded.

I was thinking more along the lines of leaving the Blade alone and just G(etting)TFO of there.
On a side note, I theorize that mortals cannot wield the weapon.

Perhaps. I still believe that he was wounded heavily, but that he could have recovered, given time.
____

From a gameplay point, I suppose you guys would be right. He did have an awfully low amount of health. Though on the other hand, he didn't lose any health when he was struck by Zeus ermmha

EvilAngel
I was thinking more along the lines of leaving the Blade alone and just G(etting)TFO of there.
On a side note, I theorize that mortals cannot wield the weapon.

Perhaps. I still believe that he was wounded heavily, but that he could have recovered, given time.

If that's true what the narrator said doesn't make sense.

So i'm skeptical.

Demonic Phoenix
It's just that I'm a little hesitant to take everything Gaia says in a literal sense. She could have meant something else.

I'll stop arguing the point though, wouldn't want you acting nasty n' stuff.

Demonic Phoenix
Also, iChaos, turns out I was right. Giant Form Zeus' Lightning Bolts can be reflected. WHOOOPDEE DOO.

iChaos
How come when I tried to reflect them I couldn't?

CosmicComet
Phoenix. I'll respond to your post tomorrow sometime. As a foreshadowing, Kratos at the beginning of Gow2 doesn't have any level of strength or durability that he hasn't demonstrated before or after. More on that later.

iChaos. You are completely and utterly lost regarding this discussion/debate and I won't bother with you.

He's limping severly.

kthxbye.

-Yeah. Here comes the hissy fits of grade school insult trading when you cant' debate your point. I'm working on my bachelors at Georgia Tech currently. So thanks for the motivational words. lol

-Moron. The clueless is yourself. You are going back to semantics. I said 'shrugged off' to be sure but you interpreted wrong. It was too light a word to use and thus I clarified with 'fought off'.

Sorry that was so confusing for you. Please feel free to continue to hound the single usage of one word that has been clarified to you thoroughly, it only makes you look worse for having nothing better to pursue in the debate.

-Yes. Do lets. Make this clear that is. He's not close to death, shows no signs that he's close to death. And you choose to believe this because its convenient for your argument.

He's limping pretty badly. Sure. No worse than Randy Couture was limping after Pedro Rizzo kicked the shit out of his legs. Sign of death? lol. no.

His attacks are slow yet he's 'close to death' and can stand up right let alone attack at all? Sounds like he's exhausted/injured. Sign of death? lol. no.

Can't walk upright. Addressed above.

Yes. Let us go back to your stretched interpretation of Gaia's words that go beyond logic.

Oh. Zeus is not on the scene when she makes the comment about Kratos needing it for survival? Do you forget that Gaia's the omniscient narrator? I.E. She KNOWS what's going to happen because she's the one who's been telling the story the whole time?

The dangers Kratos faced for his survival that Gaia spoke of materialized right in front of him in the form of Zeus. That's what she was talking about.

You have several pieces of info that only fall to my side of the argument; i.e. that he's seriously injured. Whereas you argue that he's fatally injured yet nothing supports this.

You only attempt to interpret (rather STRETCH) the narrator's words to your favor when you forget that the narrator is omniscient is foreshadowing the dangers posed particularly by Zeus while Kratos' is in this vulnerable form.

She said he was 'bloodied and beaten'. Simple as. That's not near death. That's injured. But injured enough to leave him 'vulnerable' (the other word she used) to attack-that she knew was coming-that would leave him in ' death's arms'

Is Kratos bleeding fatally? Not even close.

Is Kratos immobile and lying on his back for this supposed 'near death'? No.

Is Kratos losing consciousness? Not even CLOSE.
When Zeus appears on the scene, Kratos utters his first word to Zeus rather weakly and unsteadily. "you...?"

He's not standing erect at this point yet.

Oh look at that...as the conversation goes on Kratos soon rights himself up standing erect and is soon talking at a normal pace. Looks like he's slowly recovering? Amazing! What Deadpool like recovery for a man who's near death!

Zeus comes to make Kratos grovel? Isn't Kratos supposed to be near death? Why is he so worried about Kratos' loyalty there? Probably because he plans to finish off Kratos if he doesn't comply? But surely Kratos is near death and no threat anyway because he's going to die?

If that were so, why then does Kratos only die (and not without a struggle) because Zeus stabs him with the BoO? And why then did Kratos have enough strength to talk before he died? Maybe he was just 'nearer-near death'?

Seriously. Give me a ****ing break. lol. You have absolutely NOTHING for your side of the argument so long as you are willing to allow passage of logic.

He's not fatally injured in anyway. He's not losing consciousness, He's recovering from the trauma during the same scene. He's able to talk coherently.

He'll live.

kthxbai

It might have something to do with me not being an idiot.

It stabbed through him, nothing special about that, if someone other than Zeus were able to stab through Kratos, then the same would happen.

He was coughing up blood and could barely move. Show me an example of someone with internal bleeding not being near death. Kthxbai.

Nemebro. But you do happen to be an idiot, especially in this context, as your argument is completely wrong.

He would have died from the stabbing regardless of if he was in full health or not. That much is understood. But for Kratos to be 'near death' prior to the fact, and not die immediately after the impalement is ludicrous. And a stabbing from a being of Zeus strength is going to cause more trauma with the initial impalement than someone of lesser strength doing the same.

Not near death. Final. I already went over why in the above post.

You can go make more witty posts about your sodomy practices in the off topic thread now. Your presence is no longer required.

kthnxbai

CosmicComet
^Forgot to add.

Show me an example of someone who's near death that isn't lying on his back almost paralyzed, but rather can walk (limping or otherwise), fight (limping or otherwise), regain composure, stand erect, and talk coherently, and thus is not losing consciousness but is rather fully aware.

EvilAngel
Your presence is no longer required.

kthnxbai

you said it yourself. Goodbye Cosmic, don't come back in a hurry =)

Kratos dies at 8. Axel could just burn him in the inferno's he can make and in the flames attack him since he wouldn't be being burnt alive and his attack are ranged.

case dismissed until you have a Kratos is unburnable feat.

Phanteros
you said it yourself. Goodbye Cosmic, don't come back in a hurry =)

Kratos dies at 8. Axel could just burn him in the inferno's he can make and in the flames attack him since he wouldn't be being burnt alive and his attack are ranged.

case dismissed until you have a Kratos is unburnable feat. Simple He stops it with the fleece like he did with Peshone.

EvilAngel
Simple He stops it with the fleece like he did with Peshone.

Stops it? Do you mean he can put out the flames or that he can protect himself from it?

Demonic Phoenix
By all means Comet, go on. If I feel you are right, I'll agree.

How come when I tried to reflect them I couldn't?

They are hard to reflect. Which is why the counter not causing Zeus to punch the ground as he normally does is retarded.

EvilAngel

I can't find this video. If he can put out a fire like http://gennady619.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/axel.jpg With the ground melting then it's debatable.

After that he has to fight a guy who flies around attacking with multiple spears(which he controls using his wind control), and shielding himself using a rotating wind barrier. While firing blasts from a distance.

Should he survive that he fights Xigbar. The guy who controls space, he has feats of wiping out dozens of heartless and nobodies each in one shot while he wasn't even present.

After that he has to beat Roxas, who has displayed greater strength, speed and skill with the Keyblades than Sora.

That will do for now. I can't see how you can argue he makes it that far, never mind even further.

iChaos

He didn't have the Fleece when he fought Persephone. And no, Kratos can't reflect fire. IbG3dU0GMp0&feature=related

iChaos. You are completely and utterly lost regarding this discussion/debate and I won't bother with you.

Lol, you're welcome.

Phanteros
I can't find this video. If he can put out a fire like http://gennady619.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/axel.jpg With the ground melting then it's debatable.

After that he has to fight a guy who flies around attacking with multiple spears(which he controls using his wind control), and shielding himself using a rotating wind barrier. While firing blasts from a distance.

Should he survive that he fights Xigbar. The guy who controls space, he has feats of wiping out dozens of heartless and nobodies each in one shot while he wasn't even present.

After that he has to beat Roxas, who has displayed greater strength, speed and skill with the Keyblades than Sora.

That will do for now. I can't see how you can argue he makes it that far, never mind even further. The ground wasn't melting. Xigbar Controling space? Ares made a pocket dimension which he revived Kratos's wife and child and had him fight doppelgangers of him. Before that he popped the heads of all the barbarian army and soloed a city.

EvilAngel
The ground wasn't melting. Xigbar Controling space? Ares made a pocket dimension which he revived Kratos's wife and child and had him fight doppelgangers of him. Before that he popped the heads of all the barbarian army and soloed a city.

Not in that picture. If you looked up the boss fight however you'd realise otherwise.

Great, a feat that is pointless and irrelevent =\

Phanteros
Not in that picture. If you looked up the boss fight however you'd realise otherwise.

Great, a feat that is pointless and irrelevent =\ How is it irrelevant you said he controlled space so I made a similar feat of an enemy Kratos fought greater than his.

EvilAngel
How is it irrelevant you said he controlled space so I made a similar feat of an enemy Kratos fought greater than his.

Doesn't sound relevent.

Xigbar can shoot and his bullseye's without being present using his control of space to do so.

How is that feat related?

What could kratos could possibly do against that?

Phanteros
You mean hit and teleport strategy Aries can do?

EvilAngel
No, i mean, the Hit and hit and hit and hit and hit while not even being present, and hit and hit and hit and hit. All from differect directions by the way. Hell why not simultaneously too? You realise Xigbar can keep this up forever.

And before you say it, the fleece doesn't bover 360 degree protection, that's a gameplay mechanic.

Phanteros
No, i mean, the Hit and hit and hit and hit and hit while not even being present, and hit and hit and hit and hit. All from differect directions by the way. Hell why not simultaneously too? You realise Xigbar can keep this up forever.

And before you say it, the fleece doesn't bover 360 degree protection, that's a gameplay mechanic. He sure didn't seem to fight like that in the game as he was present will doing it.

EvilAngel
He sure didn't seem to fight like that in the game as he was present will doing it.

In the game he appears infront of Sora for Sora to attack him.

In this thread we consider they fight to the best of their abilities =\

Phanteros
In the game he appears infront of Sora for Sora to attack him.

In this thread we consider they fight to the best of their abilities =\ Won't that be like me making a thread where I put a Sora against Ares and just have Ares out of far distance place that said in a realm and just have sora fight a endless enemies and Ares while on the out side can just mind rape and set metahuman on fire? and do so repeatedly? Despite he wasn't shown doing that?

iChaos
Lol, he didn't even set Kratos on fire.

EvilAngel
Won't that be like me making a thread where I put a Sora against Ares and just have Ares out of far distance place that said in a realm and just have sora fight a endless enemies and Ares while on the out side can just mind rape and set metahuman on fire? and do so repeatedly? Despite he wasn't shown doing that?

If by the thread rules he could have unlimited army sure. But that would be spite would it not?

I'm giving an exapme of what Xigbar is capable of.

NIuxy-6JNqc

Imagine this fight, but he doesn't enter range. What is Kratos going to do? shout insults at him?

Note Kratos cannot reflect the bullets. Here's why, Sora's teleports to where Xigbar would redirect them and reflects them back on course. Hence Xigbar says "Clever little sneak"

iChaos
Couldn't Kratos just stone Sora?

Phanteros
I could of sweared that Kratos had range spells and unless they magically went missing.

EvilAngel
If you mean Xigbar then yes, but he would die to.

While he's taking it out, he's NOT blocking attacks. So yeah, he could, but either way he stops Definitely at Xigbar.

That said that might not work. Organization have proven to be immune against other worldly powers. Like the curse of the gold of the Aztecs in the pirates of the Caribbean, it had no effects on them. Why exactly would the head? i mean, it doesn't work on character in GoW, so we know it doesn't always work. You would need to provide reasons why it would.

I could of sweared that Kratos had range spells and unless they magically went missing.

Do you think they would help him against someone who controls space?

I think they would be redirected back against him, but you're welcome to prove me wrong. If you can

Phanteros
If you mean Xigbar then yes, but he would die to.

While he's taking it out, he's NOT blocking attacks. So yeah, he could, but either way he stops Definitely at Xigbar.

That said that might not work. Organization have proven to be immune against other worldly powers. Like the curse of the gold of the Aztecs in the pirates of the Caribbean, it had no effects on them. Why exactly would the head? i mean, it doesn't work on character in GoW, so we know it doesn't always work. You would need to provide reasons why it would.

Do you think they would help him against someone who controls space?

I think they would be redirected back against him, but you're welcome to prove me wrong. If you can it does work on people in GOW. And you act as if it takes him a long time to pull out the head which takes a gaze to work. Except bosses for obvious reasons.

EvilAngel
it does work on people in GOW. And you act as if it takes him a long time to pull out the head which takes a gaze to work. Except bosses for obvious reasons.

If it wasn't clear allow me to rephrase

The head does not turn any enemy into stone. It only works on lesser enemies, and rarely - never on bosses. Therefore it does not always work.

Luxord, a member of Organization XIII stole gold from the curse chest of Aztec gold, yet it had no effect on him. Therefore we know such things just do not work on nobodies. Even powerful curses. You would need to provide reasoning as to why it definately should work on them. Instead of them just being immune to it as they have been to things similar.

Phanteros
You didn't read the last sentence I made. Obvious reasons it will not work on bosses. As for the curse won't by giving it to to the nobodies by passe it? and the fact that Elizabeth wasn't intially effected also raises questions.

EvilAngel
You didn't read the last sentence I made. Obvious reasons it will not work on bosses. As for the curse won't by giving it to to the nobodies by passe it? and the fact that Elizabeth wasn't intially effected also raises questions.

Obvious reasons? Which are? if it's that they are bosses, so are All of the Organization XIII members =\

Elizabeth didn't take them from the chest, she took it from someone else.

Demonic Phoenix
If it wasn't clear allow me to rephrase

The head does not turn any enemy into stone. It only works on lesser enemies, and rarely - never on bosses. Therefore it does not always work.

Luxord, a member of Organization XIII stole gold from the curse chest of Aztec gold, yet it had no effect on him. Therefore we know such things just do not work on nobodies. Even powerful curses. You would need to provide reasoning as to why it definately should work on them. Instead of them just being immune to it as they have been to things similar.

Not working on lesser bosses is a gameplay restriction. Not working on Zeus and Ares is due to another reason obviously.

EvilAngel
What about her gaze not working on Kratos?

After all he didn't exactly fight blindfolded =\

Demonic Phoenix
Medusa's gaze? It works on him. Were you standing still? If you roll, it isn't going to work.

Though it may be so pathetically weak in that particular instance simply because it's our first experience with petrification. I cannot remember properly, it's been a long time since I let Medusa use her gaze on me.

EvilAngel
Medusa's gaze? It works on him. Were you standing still? If you roll, it isn't going to work.

Though it may be so pathetically weak in that particular instance simply because it's our first experience with petrification. I cannot remember properly, it's been a long time since I let Medusa use her gaze on me.

I see so that's it. Well i mean, would it be so unrealistic to assume the orangization members can avoid this?

Well yeah, when you get caught you can break out of it if i remember right. Again, this isn't exactly difficult for most members to do ;p

Demonic Phoenix
Rolling only negates it as rolling has i-frames in the game.
If you were to run around, you'd still get stoned. If any organization member is fast enough to dodge Kratos using the actual beam, then sure, it wouldn't work, though there are other moves that could work (such as Gorgon Rage). However, imo, MG was downplayed for gameplay. Just looking at the eyes should turn them to stone.

Thing is, it depends if they are fast enough to break out of it. Anything can break out of the stone form.

However, in greek myth, once you were stoned, you were considered dead. Seeing as I have no clue whether MG would function as it does in gameplay or if the stoned enemy stayed in that form forever, I'll have to go with gameplay.

On the other hand, Kratos could shatter them faster than they could break out of it.

EvilAngel
Rolling only negates it as rolling has i-frames in the game.
If you were to run around, you'd still get stoned. If any organization member is fast enough to dodge Kratos using the actual beam, then sure, it wouldn't work, though there are other moves that could work (such as Gorgon Rage). However, imo, MG was downplayed for gameplay. Just looking at the eyes should turn them to stone.

Thing is, it depends if they are fast enough to break out of it. Anything can break out of the stone form.

However, in greek myth, once you were stoned, you were considered dead. Seeing as I have no clue whether MG would function as it does in gameplay or if the stoned enemy stayed in that form forever, I'll have to go with gameplay.

On the other hand, Kratos could shatter them faster than they could break out of it.

Most of them are adapt at teleportation. So dodging a beam would not be difficult.

And trust me when i said, Kratos is not at all fast compared to some of these guys.

Take Larxene here

ZkmZ-HaFvNg

Phanteros
Good thing he can react to all of these guys. and back to Xigbar point. Xigbar has been shown going all out against Sora that was his best of abilities other wise sora will not have a way to hurt him.

EvilAngel
Good thing he can react to all of these guys. and back to Xigbar point. Xigbar has been shown going all out against Sora that was his best of abilities other wise sora will not have a way to hurt him.

Seriously? you think if he was fightnnig seriously he's using his power of space to hover in Sora's face where he could hit him?

That's pretty obvious it was just for the gameplay. The organization members aren't the type to play fair.

Sin_Volvagia
1. zexion gets torn apart

2. vexen shares the same fate as zexion

3. see above

4. luxord may pose a challenge to kratos since he's not familiar with card games and dice but with rage of the titans and magic, he'll live

5. kratos is more versatile than lexaeus and this fight won't take that long.

6. the only thing she has over kratos is speed and that can get nullified with the atlas quake. larxene is going down hard once kratos lays his hands on her

7. rage of the titans w/ the flaming tornado ends this fight. i'd imagine marluxia would at least make this difficult

8. rage of the titans + typhon's bow ftw

9. xaldin is just a mix of a few characters that kratos has already dealt with

10. xigbar can teleport but his guns shoot projectiles that kratos can block or reflect. he can shoot as fast as org #2 with the typhon's bow and even create a tornado with it. if things go bad, there's always rage of the titans and its overpowered inferno.

Sin_Volvagia
had to contnue on another post since my ps3 has a text limit.

11. roxas is a tough one as he seems t o be on the level of sora's master form. kratos will have to go all out on him.

12. saix could kill kratos but his berserk mode leaves himself pretty vulnerable. his own hammer swords can also be used against him.

13. kratos meets his end here.

MooCowofJustice
Your idea of Xaldin is extremely limited. How will Kratos deal with someone with incredible range and the ability to fly?

NemeBro
Your idea of Xaldin is extremely limited. How will Kratos deal with someone with incredible range and the ability to fly? Because he has NEVER fought anyone like that before, right? erm

EvilAngel
Well, name me someone Kratos has fought that is in anyway like Xaldin. Please, show me atleast. Because i'm aware of no such thing erm

NemeBro
His logic was Kratos cannot beat him since he can fly and has ranged attacks.

Like Zeus.

Only Zeus can fly faster and fire more powerful ranged attacks, not even counting the Blade of Olympus into this.

EvilAngel
The shield of wind helps. And i don't recall Zeus being about to teleport. Does he?

What does Kratos have against that feat wise?

Also the attacking with multiple weapons simultaneously seems to be an untouched issue erm

NemeBro
The shield of wind helps. And i don't recall Zeus being about to teleport. Does he?

What does Kratos have against that feat wise?

Also the attacking with multiple weapons simultaneously seems to be an untouched issue erm Yeah he has, although not in battle, Ares has as well. Teleportation seems standard issue for Gods in GoWverse, I think the Fates did it as well.

Not much I can think of, my point is that saying Xaldin beats him only because he can fly and has range is stupid.

Well Ares kinda covers that lol.

EvilAngel
Yeah he has, although not in battle, Ares has as well. Teleportation seems standard issue for Gods in GoWverse, I think the Fates did it as well.

Not much I can think of, my point is that saying Xaldin beats him only because he can fly and has range is stupid.

Well Ares kinda covers that lol.

So, again, if it was not used in battle, it seems rather unlike Xaldin, doesn't it? ;p

No, Xaldin kills him because he has 6 spears he can use to attack him at the same time, and there's bugger all Kratos can do about it. But that's not what we are discussing here ;p

Different fight.

Kratos has fought someone like Xaldin, if you split Xaldins powers up a little, but nothing like Xaldin himself. Nothing i am aware of. Which means no Kratos hasn't dealt with this "kind of" enemy before erm

NemeBro
So, again, if it was not used in battle, it seems rather unlike Xaldin, doesn't it? ;p

No, Xaldin kills him because he has 6 spears he can use to attack him at the same time, and there's bugger all Kratos can do about it. But that's not what we are discussing here ;p

Different fight.

Kratos has fought someone like Xaldin, if you split Xaldins powers up a little, but nothing like Xaldin himself. Nothing i am aware of. Which means no Kratos hasn't dealt with this "kind of" enemy before erm I think the Fates used it in battle, do not think Zeus did, Ares MAY have, but I am not really sure.

Six spears to attack at the same time? That's cool and all...But Ares did the same thing lol. stick out tongue Difference being Ares is far superior to Xaldin, but Kratos was amped I admit.

To flip this around, Xaldin has never fought anyone like Kratos, and Kratos has fought beings who are on an entirely different tier of power than Xaldin is. Really, why can Kratos not just used the head of Medusa or Euryale to turn Xaldin to stone? erm

EvilAngel
I think the Fates used it in battle, do not think Zeus did, Ares MAY have, but I am not really sure.

Six spears to attack at the same time? That's cool and all...But Ares did the same thing lol. stick out tongue Difference being Ares is far superior to Xaldin, but Kratos was amped I admit.

To flip this around, Xaldin has never fought anyone like Kratos, and Kratos has fought beings who are on an entirely different tier of power than Xaldin is. Really, why can Kratos not just used the head of Medusa or Euryale to turn Xaldin to stone? erm

Like i said, if you spilt Xaldins powers up Kratos has fought enemies with similar abilities, but nothing like Xaldin himself. Which means

You're Wrong, I'm Right, As usual
=)

If memory serves Xaldin is quite abit faster than Ares. And Kratos doesn't get said amp here =\

Same reason the gold didn't curse them, Other worldly powers like that they have shown immunity to. So unless you have a reason why it would work, i don't see why it should. Especially since there are several bosses in the game who are immune to it. Also if you compare it to the one to legend, her gaze only works on mortals. Nobodies are not mortals, because they aren't anything.

Demonic Phoenix
Lakhesis never used teleportation.

Atropos had her mirrors, but meh, I don't consider that true teleportation.

Zeus can teleport I believe, but he does not teleport in battle. However, he did have that lightning dash where he was invincible.

Ares can teleport.

The Barbarian King had a form of teleportation, though he used a portal (like Atropos perhaps).

Charon can also teleport iirc.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>