Halloween 3D

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules_2
Well I know MP will be thrilled eek! I think I have an idea of how this one will or could go judging by how the sequel ended

MildPossession
Yeah we have already talked about the 3D version in the Halloween II topic. stick out tongue

It's not directed by Rob Zombie, so it could turn out decent at least.

steverules_2
Yes well now you get to talk about it in this shiny new thread

We're just over a year away from the next halloween movie smile I wonder what direction they'll take it in

MildPossession
The film is on hold to allow the director to make another film instead that he is working on, it was going to be released Summer 2010, so might have to wait a lot longer for it now.

steverules_2
Well hopefully Halloween 3D will be better than the originall halloween 3

MildPossession
Anything is better than the original Halloween III... I mean, Zombie's Halloween is a masterpiece compared.

steverules_2
You actually thought something was worse than Zombies halloween?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by steverules_2

steve you know you loved season of the witch stick out tongue

steverules_2
If by love you mean hated sure sly

Davis Bloome
I wish Rob Zombie was attached but I still think this will turn out to be great, especially based on what I've heard in regards to the script.

Insomniatric
Thank Christ Rob's not behind this. Because he sucks. Big time.

roughrider
Last I heard, the film is on hold indefinitely. Halloween II underperformed at the box office, and the Weinsteins are getting a bit cash strapped on other projects.
I think it's for the best. Doesn't anyone else think releasing a film called Halloween in the last weeks of August, is a clear indication of it's quality?

steverules_2
The original had like...8 movie's? This one seems like it'll just get to two, unless 3D is made in which case I think they should leave it at that but then I don't even think remakes were needed, the originals were fine but thats hollywood for you, they'll take a classic movie and rape it

jinXed by JaNx
I'd like to see another Halloween but don't care about the 3D. Slasher flicks are not what i like to watch in 3D.

Davis Bloome
The original had like...8 movie's? This one seems like it'll just get to two, unless 3D is made in which case I think they should leave it at that but then I don't even think remakes were needed, the originals were fine but thats hollywood for you, they'll take a classic movie and rape it

There was nowhere left to go with the original series, so a reboot was totally necessary. It just happened to happen at a time where other studio's were going remake & reboot crazy. All in all, I doubt the new franchise will only have two films, with H3D being planned as a sequel to RZH2.

FistOfThe North
Micheal should talk or say something in the next one. That'd be new.

Not talk as we do but at least a sentence or two.

MildPossession
Saying anything would be a stupid move, adult Myers is silent when it comes to talking. And should stay that way.

steverules_2
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Micheal should talk or say something in the next one. That'd be new.

Not talk as we do but at least a sentence or two.

ME MICHAEL

Originally posted by Davis Bloome
There was nowhere left to go with the original series, so a reboot was totally necessary. It just happened to happen at a time where other studio's were going remake & reboot crazy. All in all, I doubt the new franchise will only have two films, with H3D being planned as a sequel to RZH2.

Resurrection left on a cliff hanger so they could have carried on the series but decided to go for a remake/reboot

FistOfThe North
ME MICHAEL

Or how about at least just. "Ss..ister..."

steverules_2
well thats...1 word

MildPossession
And cheesy, there is no need for him to say something like "Sister", the audience know already.

Davis Bloome
Michael should never speak. If he does, then he's not Michael Myers. He's been a great villain without speaking for the last 31 years, and I'd like it to remain that way.

FistOfThe North
or "Ss..ister..you, are, my..ss..ister. Join mommy and i..and die..."

steverules_2
or "Ss..ister..you, are, my..ss..ister. Join mommy and i..and die..."

...if you have a sister I fear for her life

FistOfThe North
...if you have a sister I fear for her life

ha..

na.

i've protected them all my life. i'd never violently murder them both. (at the same time)

steverules_2
ha..

na.

i've protected them all my life. i'd never violently murder them both. (at the same time)

It's nice to know you wouldn't kill them at the same time

Davis Bloome
Anyway, I'm looking forward to what more they can do to Michael Myers in H3D. I hope it turns out to be a great film and doesn't end up relying solely on the 3D aspect to carry it along.

Wolfie
Without Zombie on it, this film is pointless. Zombie added his own style and spin to it that only he can do. I can imagine the next director trying to imitate Zombie, but fail miserably.

And movies made for 3D are always corny and ridiculous.

allofyousuckkk
i love remakes, honestly. i wish they had done the original film justice and not add completely random shit. like changing the basic plots of both movies... Changing the end of them?!

Davis Bloome
The remake wasn't even meant to be the exact same as the original. If you're going to make it the same & redo the film shot for shot, there's no point in doing it in the second place.

Also, Wolfie, I disagree. Even though I absolutely loved what Zombie did with the last two films of this franchise, I think that Patrick Lussier is more than capable of taking over the directorial seat without imitating Zombie. That's something I don't see Lussier doing at all.

allofyousuckkk
I don't expect it to be remade shot for shot, I just expect basically the same story. It's a re-imagining of the original story, not a rewrite.

They shouldn't have changed the ending of the first or the second movie's plot (it made absolutely NO sense)

Davis Bloome
Okay, for one, a reimagining is meant to be something different, not the exact same story or something close to a carbon copy. Secondly, the newest H2 isn't a remake of the first, so it didn't need to have the same ending as the first. The films are fine as is. If I watch to watch the original first two films again I'll pop in the DVD of those films.

steverules_2
If mike returns after 2 then Michael isn't as human as they said he'd be, after what happened to him in pt.2 nobody could return from that unless original Mike or other killers who aren't able to be killed..this Mike is more human meaning he can be killed and what happened to him in no.2 is enough to kill this Mike

Davis Bloome
The damage he suffered in part one was far more severe, but despite Rob Zombie's claims of it being more realistic, it's not. I can understand him being shot in the shoulder and continuing to be on the move without medical attention, but no one is going to take three shots from a 357 Magnum and still be on the move, considering how large the bullet holes in his body would be. Then, to top it off he gets shot in the head with a 357 Magnum, and in H2 he gets up minutes later as if nothing is wrong.

I love Rob Zombie's work, specifically his two Halloween movies, but his version of Michael Myers is anything but human.

All in all, I'll be happy to see Tyler Mane back for a third time, considering he's the first option for Michael Myers, and he's said they were negotiating (at least before the "pause" button was hit on production) so I'm pretty sure he'll end up coming back.

Oh & I'll tell you all some major secrets regarding the script. I'll put it in spoilers for those who haven't seen H2 yet.

Okay, for starters, Dr. Loomis is as dead as a doorknob. Don't expect him to come back. As far as this franchise is concerned, his character is dead & gone.

Next we have Sheriff Brackett. While I wasn't completely filled in on his role, he will essentially take Dr. Loomis' place.

The beginning of the film takes place between what happens in the shack at the end of H2 and Laurie being put in the asylum.

Michael will get a new, clean mask, and ditch the hoodie. He'll be back to clean coveralls and a clean mask.

Michael won't have a beard this time around. The reason why he doesn't will also be the reason he's gone for an entire year.

All of this is as truthful as possible, considering the guy who told me this announced the writer and director of the movie days before it was announced, along with numerous other things he said regarding H3D that were very true. So, I'm just letting you all know you can trust my word, but then there's also a possibility these things could be changed during the final product, so take it for what it's worth now, and let's just hope it all comes to fruition.

MildPossession
The last two spoilers I like, back to normal.

steverules_2
Takes a year to shave a beard

Davis Bloome
Lol, I doubt that, but it has to be something major for him to be missing in action for a year.

Darth Vicious
I just saw this today. I like part 1 better (Rob Zombies) this one not so much. My main beef was not that he got up after being shot in the first one (as stated) or the hallucinations or hat he spoke but that they raped the Loomis character. Horrible job they did. If they do make a 3rd one I hope they go back to basics.

Davis Bloome
Well, people, the Weinsteins are accepting new script pitches, which means that by the time this is ready to really get worked on Todd Farmer & Patrick Lussier won't be attached to it, and seeing as they are currently working on another project together and the Weinsteins want it out in 2010, they definitely won't be attached.

The Weinsteins are just digging themselves into an even deeper hole....they already barely have any money to make movies, and they couldn't just be patient and wait until Patrick & Todd were done with the current project? From what I heard they were very, very happy with what Farmer turned in, so I don't see the point in getting impatient and rushing the movie out.

mrblue
The Halloween remake was crap compared to the original and H2 was even worse. i expected alot more from Zombie.

nealrelics

K.Diddy
Originally posted by mrblue
The Halloween remake was crap compared to the original and H2 was even worse. i expected alot more from Zombie.

beer I had no problem with the remake,I loved it. It was part 2 that I have a problem with,it was just horrible and stupid,I were really dissapointed in zombie for what he did with this sequel

mrblue
Originally posted by K.Diddy
beer I had no problem with the remake,I loved it. It was part 2 that I have a problem with,it was just horrible and stupid,I were really dissapointed in zombie for what he did with this sequel

the problem with the remake was Zombie focused so much on Michael by the time you get to babysitters you cared more for Mike then them. He gave them no character development

K.Diddy
the problem with the remake was Zombie focused so much on Michael by the time you get to babysitters you cared more for Mike then them. He gave them no character development

beer Not a bad point,but when you look back on most slasher movies,you rarely give a shit about the victims anyway,You know they are just chickens ready to have there head cut off

mrblue
yea but when you watch the original alot and then watch the remake, it just doesnt play out right.

jabjabcross
Halloween is always a bloody tasteful treat for all us tricksters. 3D just ad's a lot more to the film and literally pulls in the viewer. I heard that Piranha 3D is going to be freakin wild and super scary. Looks like there is a sexy babe undertone and lots of blood thirsty fish. If you liked Jaws and the OG Piranha movie, Piranha 3D is going to be sweeeet. Try and find the trailer on youtube and strap on your drool cup.

mrblue
i heard Piranha 3D is suppose to be gorier then Braindead aka Dead Alive..

K.Diddy
i heard Piranha 3D is suppose to be gorier then Braindead aka Dead Alive..

no expression I heard this thread wasn't about Piranah 3D

Davis Bloome
I'm still hoping this movie sees the light of day. Even a year later I just keep hearing good things about Farmer's script. At the end of the day, I'd love for Tyler Mane to return as Myers if this movie gets made, & if he doesn't take up the role again, I think Derek Mears could be perfect for it.

beatrixpoul

Davis Bloome
The more & more time that elapses, the more I lose faith that we'll be seeing another Halloween movie anytime soon.....

MildPossession
Not a bad thing at all...

Impediment
I still have to explain to people I know that Laurie is dead. At the end of the shitiness that is Halloween 2, after Michael speaks (ugh), Laurie is mowed down. Laurie's dying thoughts are of her in some sterile hospital watching her mother and the white horse come toward her. It's fairly obvious, if you ask me. Even Zombie explained so in his director's commentary.

If Halloween 3D ever does get a green light, I have no idea of how the story will pan out.

K.Diddy
The more & more time that elapses, the more I lose faith that we'll be seeing another Halloween movie anytime soon.....

erm We dont need anymore,I've been a horror fan ever since my uncle showed me ''A nightmare on Elm street 4'' and ''Critters'' when I was 12 years old,I'm 26 in a month and I'm sick to death of this franchise,I'm surprised it's lasted as long as it has,like I have said too so many people on the internet and the real world,The only 2 movies that were even any good in this franchise are the first 2.
smokin' I were one of the few that enjoyed zombies 1st remake of it,simply because I just found it refreshing too have a new style on the movie for once,but his second one was dreadful,and just completely pointless,I know he tried to do something different and I appreciate that,but there is such thing as too different.

roll eyes (sarcastic) So for ****s sake,Let this franchise die

Davis Bloome
I completely disagree with that sentiment. As far as I'm concerned, there's a lot more that could be done with the Halloween franchise, but it'll take having the correct writers attached for us to get better movies. Obviously, I'm a big fan of the two installments Rob Zombie provided, but I still feel like the surface has barely been scratched as to what could be done with the character.

Honestly, at this point, what I'd like to see would be a reboot of the franchise, but this time, don't tell his origin story or include the family storyline. Take it back to how it was with the original, where Michael sees a particular character, develops a quick fixation with them, & decided to stalk & kill them.

The future of the franchise may be undecided right now, but as of now, this film series is hardly dead, & I'm positive that once that Weinsteins actually have the money to put into another film, it'll happen.

And one further note....Laurie only dies in the director's cut of the film, not in the theatrical. So, if a sequel spawned to RZH2, Laurie would still be alive, because they'd be following the theatrical cut of the movie. Not to mention that Todd Farmer's script included Laurie as a main character, so, no, canonically she's not dead.

mr.smiley

And one further note....Laurie only dies in the director's cut of the film, not in the theatrical. So, if a sequel spawned to RZH2, Laurie would still be alive, because they'd be following the theatrical cut of the movie. Not to mention that Todd Farmer's script included Laurie as a main character, so, no, canonically she's not dead.

I thought about that as well too. the theatrical version has got a lot of things happen slightly differently. michael didn't talk,Laurie lived,etc.

I think with a halloween 3D it might be best to drop everything with Laurie, and set it years after the events of Zombies sequel. Everyone believes Myers is dead but the brutal killings start happening once more. Is it really Michael Myers or perhaps some copy cat killer? Maybe drop hints at laurie but never fully disclose if she truley is alive or dead.
But I don't know. Would really like to see a 3D one regardless.

Davis Bloome
Point blank, this franchise does not need a 3D movie. I think the 3D gimmick is overused & not even that interesting to begin with. But, those are just my thoughts.

However, I think that if the family storyline is dropped, that they should just reboot the series. Don't get me wrong, I liked Zombie's two films, & part of me wishes he'd come back once more to direct a third film, but at the same time I want Michael to get back to his roots. I want to see him as that malevolent figure lurking in the shadows....that supernatural force that could be anywhere at all.

I'd like to see that reintroduced, coupled with the best possible storyline. And one thing they absolutely have to do is take Dr. Loomis back to how he was in the original series. As I've said countless times, I do love Rob's H2, but the one thing I wish was a bit different was how Loomis was written & portrayed.

Having Malcolm McDowell in that role only to turn Loomis into a pompous & arrogant jackass was a bit of a waste, IMO.

mr.smiley
I think if they stay with the current continuity reviving loomis is a lost cause since he got waisted at the second films conclusion. Perhaps bring in a new character that takes on more of a traditional loomis type role?

If they did a reboot than bringing back old loomis would make since,but i don't think we'll get a reboot that fast.

I would actually like to see a film that follows one of the comic book storylines. I would live to see an adaptation of the comic which came with the 25 anniversary dvd. That would be epic and would be a great way to get Myers back to his roots.

horrorfan666

MildPossession

MildPossession
laughing

horrofan666

Never in a million years will this piece of crap remake be better than the 1982 version. Remakes suck. Michael Myers sucks too!

horrofan666
Originally posted by MildPossession
Anything is better than the original Halloween III... I mean, Zombie's Halloween is a masterpiece compared.

Halloween III, the 1982 original was a classic. You're obviously a whiny old Myers fanboy! Halloween II, the 1981 version, on the other hand, was 100 times worse. An embarassment to all involved. Do you know that Dean Cundey was ashamed to have to turn down Steven Spielberg on Poltergeist to have to work on that piece of shit! Myers sucks, and I hate him. The worst and most stupid serial killer ever. He was good in the original but enough by 1981.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.