Typhoon Ketsana takes Philippines by storm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
yeah, I couldn't resist making a stupid pun >.<

you probably have heard of this guys, but meh, I'm still posting. I'm not in the midst of the chaos, because my house is on high ground, and I can't really go and help out physically because of too many reasons. This is something like Hurricane Katrina-ish scale for us Filipinos.

btw: Hurricane Katrina rainfall =380mm in Louisiana. Typhoon Ondoy rainfall= 410mm in Manila, Philippines.

just saying wink we're currently looking for help so.. like.. yeah. If this touches you, you could send help through American Red Cross.

just posting whether anyone cares or not. smile (hope you guys do though. ^^)

for people who don't even know where the Philippines is, I say>> no expression and google us.

Bicnarok

Jaeh.is.Awesome
I know of some of my friends whose houses got flooded and stuff, and even my Univ. suffered. My house is on a hill, so my whole subdivision's high and dry.

yeah, the situation's awful.

Rogue Jedi
Be careful, Jaeh, I'll throw a prayer your way.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Thank you RJ. I'm going to try and get in contact with the relief centers to see if I can volunteer. thanks. smile

Jaeh.is.Awesome
guys I know it's really lame asking for help here on the forums (I do hope its not against the rules) but.. well, I'm just trying to spread the news.

If you can help in anyway, donate stuff and all that, you could try American Red Cross because I think they're going to send some donations over. Seriously, my country needs help; I'm going to volunteering stations tomorrow. This is as big as Katrina for us - even more so for we don't have the resources to help people. Please, guys, the Philippines needs help. thanks.

Help the Philippines Weather the Storm. Wherever you maybe, you may DONATE thru UN's World Health Program page:www.wfp.org/donate/ondoy

Totally would be appreciated. Thanks again.

inimalist
http://www.msf.org/

Jaeh.is.Awesome
website's kinda late, the last post on the phils. is the combat thing - Ondoy/Ketsana's the news now >.<

thanks anyway, for posting. smile

inimalist
msf was the only aide agency, to my knowledge, who stopped taking donations for the boxing day tsunami when they realized that they could not spend all the money they were given.

Most agencies would still take the money, and large sums basically sat in bank accounts until they defaulted. Money given to an agency like this must be used for the purpose it was donated. So if you can't spend all the money you are given for one disaster, it goes to waste, rather than being diverted to fund other programs.

ya, after I posted the link I looked over the page and sort of had an "oh shit" moment when I learned they didn't have anything on what you are talking about

Jaeh.is.Awesome
maybe they'd update soon. Anyway, yeah, I know - all I know is what we need right now is immediate rescue operations, relief goods and stuff like that. In a week, everything would probably subside, but people still need to rebuild lives. smile

GCG
I almost thought these got smashed into the bridge

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/video/Philippines-Dozens-Swept-Away-In-Floods/Video/200909415392348?lpos=video_Article_Related_Content_Region_1& amp;lid=VIDEO_15392348_Philippines%3A_Dozens_Swept
_Away_In_Floods

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Marikina River, I think. sad Those people almost died... I'm not sure, but there's another story where a mom and her kids died when they were swept away in a similar manner.

Someone did joke about it being the world's biggest surfboard though. xD and I lol'd. xD

Bicnarok

TRiNiTYfemi
This deserves a *BUMP*

The people effected by this mass flooding are still in need of worldwide assistance so please don't pass this over

TRiNiTYfemi
Update on the flooding death toll as taken from ABS-CBN.com is now officially 246.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
lol its ok bicnarok. xD

I know. i want to volunteer,but mom won't let me. says my voice is too hoarse and I'm sick... it's JUST A COOOLLLD. LET ME GOOOO.

Symmetric Chaos
Damn.

occultdestroyer
I heard there's two more super-typhoons headed to Luzon region.

Good luck. Stay safe, Jaeh.

TRiNiTYfemi
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
I heard there's two more super-typhoons headed to Luzon region.

Good luck. Stay safe, Jaeh.

Actually I just checked with the Severe Weather Information Centre and those severe storm front will most likely hit the following shores (as warnings have been issued to the minute):
#China
#Hong Kong
#USA
#Korea

occultdestroyer
Oh, that's good news.
Well.. sorta stick out tongue

It would be a complete disaster if it hit the Philippines again, just after the catastrophe that Ketsana brought.
It would've affected my relatives back there.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
I'm afraid that they would hit mindanao and visayas. sad that would be UTTER disaster. sad

I hope they don't hit Philippines.

TRiNiTYfemi
I'll keep you all up to date on that... but I doubt it, from what I can tell so far, they're heading away from the region

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Thanks. I really do hope and pray it won't pass here. sad thanks for sharing. smile

Jaeh.is.Awesome
not awesome - i just received news that the storm has just entered philippines' area of responsibility.

and it's as strong as katrina. -_-

jaden101
It's apparently a "supertyphoon"

Not particularly pleasant sounding is it?

Robtard
Originally posted by jaden101
It's apparently a "supertyphoon"

Not particularly pleasant sounding is it?

God did it.

jaden101
Prick, so he is.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
facepalm

The Philippines is trusting God to help her through this ordeal, and you're calling Him a prick? He wouldn't like that. stick out tongue

jaden101
Don't see him throwing too many typhoons my way. It seems it's you and yours that he has a problem with. wink

steverules_2
Originally posted by Jaeh.is.Awesome
yeah, I couldn't resist making a stupid pun >.<

you probably have heard of this guys, but meh, I'm still posting. I'm not in the midst of the chaos, because my house is on high ground, and I can't really go and help out physically because of too many reasons. This is something like Hurricane Katrina-ish scale for us Filipinos.

btw: Hurricane Katrina rainfall =380mm in Louisiana. Typhoon Ondoy rainfall= 410mm in Manila, Philippines.

just saying wink we're currently looking for help so.. like.. yeah. If this touches you, you could send help through American Red Cross.

just posting whether anyone cares or not. smile (hope you guys do though. ^^)

for people who don't even know where the Philippines is, I say>> no expression and google us.

Whats a phillippines? confused stick out tongue

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Robtard
God did it.

I thought Bush did it. confused

steverules_2
http://forums.filefront.com/attachments/spam-forum/64867d1215741552-de-motivational-posters-godlol.jpg

TRiNiTYfemi
ok I found a good source in relation to severe weather for the Philippines that would be of use to anyone worldwide as the website gives up to date information in relation to severe weather storms such as: tsunami's, thyphoons, cyclones etc.

Warnings and current tragectories in regard to tropical cyclone 'PEPENG' as provided by PAGASA (Philippine Atmospheric Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration)

GCG
Originally posted by steverules_2
http://forums.filefront.com/attachments/spam-forum/64867d1215741552-de-motivational-posters-godlol.jpg

SUBLIMINAL MESSAGES - he acts in mysterios ways

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Originally posted by TRiNiTYfemi
ok I found a good source in relation to severe weather for the Philippines that would be of use to anyone worldwide as the website gives up to date information in relation to severe weather storms such as: tsunami's, thyphoons, cyclones etc.

Warnings and current tragectories in regard to tropical cyclone 'PEPENG' as provided by PAGASA (Philippine Atmospheric Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration)

thanks for the link!!

@steve: nice pic stick out tongue made me laugh stick out tongue

TRiNiTYfemi
you're welcome... I know for certain there'll be a lot of people in australia are coming to your aid... so stay strong

steverules_2
Originally posted by Jaeh.is.Awesome
thanks for the link!!

@steve: nice pic stick out tongue made me laugh stick out tongue

Somehow I find the good one's

Jaeh.is.Awesome
it helps. ^^

It's raining again. hard. sad

steverules_2
Oh dear

Jaeh.is.Awesome
really. sad

steverules_2
Well uhm dunno what to say...usually I'd joke and say get an umbrella but...yeah

Jaeh.is.Awesome
it stopped. happy

maybe its just winds this time. happy we're used to this, actually.. sort of.. used to typhoons. The Ketsana thing was some sort of fluke.. or.. whatever... >>.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
well, it turns out that the typhoon passed another part of the philippines - not the ones already devastated by ketsana... and it also turns out that this one is the storm that we're used to - the windy typhoons and stuff ^^

KidRock
Anybody have any links where money can be donated for the relief effort?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.