Middle Earth vs Modern Day USA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hewhoknowsall
Thanks to leonheartmm

EVERY creature and soldier to have ever existed in the history of middle earth are united.

This is just middle earth, NO Morgoth or Valar. Sauron and everybody below him in power that was in middle earth is allowed though.

The two sides are connected by land, but there is a middle path between the two that is 50 miles long and 5 miles wide.

No nuclear weapons.

Placidity
Chemical and Biological warfare would do nicely. Send a few VX up their asses. None of them should be able to cross the contaminated zone alive.

Bioweapons should wear their numbers down quickly over weeks. Then just launch some good ol' ICBMs or whatever the hell the US wants.

F22's will make short work of Middle Earth air units, or even just land-based missile defenses. The eagles and dragons can't evade or counter rockets, so its bye-bye for them.

titus1171
Originally posted by Placidity
Chemical and Biological warfare would do nicely. Send a few VX up their asses. None of them should be able to cross the contaminated zone alive.

Bioweapons should wear their numbers down quickly over weeks. Then just launch some good ol' ICBMs or whatever the hell the US wants.

F22's will make short work of Middle Earth air units, or even just land-based missile defenses. The eagles and dragons can't evade or counter rockets, so its bye-bye for them.

or we could just send some MOABs on their asses wink
but yeah, your description of what will happen pretty much sums it up big grin

Rogue Jedi
Not even much of a fight, man.

Hewhoknowsall
Remember that this is ALL of middle earth in its several thousand year history: EVERY creature and soldier to have existed.

Rogue Jedi
So? Read up on modern missiles, dude.

jinXed by JaNx
Magic wins.

Ms.Marvel
technology>magic. always and forever.

EvilAngel
I really don't get exactly how Middle earth might win.

The magic in it isn't as powerful as the stuff that's published these days.

Though i would like to see a Nazgul get shot down by a fighter plane. That would be something to see =)

jinXed by JaNx
Technology has no bearing in the realm of the metaphysical. Can't kill what's already dead or what can't die wink

Ms.Marvel
is that why isildor beat sauron by cutting off his finger with a non-magical sword, the nazgul were defeated by a river, and the fell beast got its head chopped off with a sword? no expression

also orcs arent magical and the weapons of the nazgul arent magic. so all the orcs will be killed and only sauron and the nazgul will be alive and they have no weapons and no magic that can kill people so theyll just stand there. thats an auto-loss according to the forum rules. stick out tongue

NemeBro
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
technology>magic. always and forever. Dr. Strange might disagree.

But yeah, Middle Earth magic is nothing special barring the Valar, US raepz.

Ms.Marvel
dr.strange got mollywhopped by a being that is amped by gamma radiation aka tech (hulk) stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
technology>magic. always and forever. mmmmmmmm no.

Ms.Marvel
clones > harry potter sorry. laughing out loud

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Magic wins.

I will try and remain impartial, but this is not a sufficient reason for ME to win.

What magic does ME have that our technology can't do?

Elves sometimes use magic...yeah, so? Their magic is nothing compared to modern tech, which can accomplish much more than making enchanted swords.

Mythical beasts may be said as magical...but they don't use magic (usually). An F-22 could destroy an entire squad of dragons.

Sauron has some pretty powerful magic, as do the istari/wizards, but they are only a few out of ME, and most of ME can't use magic, or at least not that powerful magic.

Numbers are HUGELY in favor of ME, but almost everything else isn't. This is quality vs quantity.

Nephthys
Tom Bombadill solo's. no expression

edit: or, Frodo puts on the ring, walks into Airforce one and fires all the USA's missles at all its major cities.

Edit: Army of the Dead solo.

Placidity
Originally posted by Nephthys
edit: or, Frodo puts on the ring, walks into Airforce one and fires all the USA's missles at all its major cities.

Yeah, like he would know how to operate computers. He also doesn't have the launch codes.

Nephthys
He could err.. well if he.... Shut up thats why!

AOTD still solo's miffed

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Placidity
Yeah, like he would know how to operate computers. He also doesn't have the launch codes. haermm

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Nephthys
Tom Bombadill solo's. no expression

Edit: Army of the Dead solo.

cool

Is Tom > Sauron?

If yes, then

He's not allowed, read OP

Else

He can't solo

Is each AOTD member invincible (which would be why they would solo, if at all)?

If yes, then

They aren't allowed, being above Sauron

Else

They can't solo

jinXed by JaNx
is that why isildor beat sauron by cutting off his finger with a non-magical sword, the nazgul were defeated by a river, and the fell beast got its head chopped off with a sword? no expression

also orcs arent magical and the weapons of the nazgul arent magic. so all the orcs will be killed and only sauron and the nazgul will be alive and they have no weapons and no magic that can kill people so theyll just stand there. thats an auto-loss according to the forum rules. stick out tongue

Guess you didn't see Return of the King or maybe you just slept through the Army of the dead scene laughing It's not my fault the movies were dog shit. I'm just saying there is no way that technology can defeat magic. Magic operates outside of logic where science is based in logic.

Darth Martin
USA in a romp. Helicopters will pwn the Nazgul, M1 Abrams pwn the trees, and F-22's pwn everything else.

KingD19
And bullets pwn the ground forces.

Ms.Marvel
Guess you didn't see Return of the King or maybe you just slept through the Army of the dead scene laughing It's not my fault the movies were dog shit. I'm just saying there is no way that technology can defeat magic. Magic operates outside of logic where science is based in logic.

the army of the dead follows aragorns command only. so if aragorn is say... nuked. then they dispel automatically. no expression

Hewhoknowsall

That isn't sufficient evidence. You can't just say "oh they have magic so they win!!!!!!!!!!" because I could very well say "oh USA has technology so they win!!!!!!!" Magic in fiction is generally not all powerful. In Lord of the Rings, magic isn't nearly as powerful as our technology. F22s can solo entire squads of dragons.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.