Who's the least powerful being that could stop a charging Juggernaut?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Only physical force is allowed. Juggernaut is running forward in an adamantium encased stadium.

Can any being physically stop his forward momentum, without lifting him in the air?

KingD19
There are several beings who could slow him down a great amount, maybe even bring him near stopping, so he's only moving inches, but nothing can truly stop his forward momentum once he gets going.

Prep-Man
pre-crisis Kryptonians and Daxamites.

Starscream M
Originally posted by KingD19
There are several beings who could slow him down a great amount, maybe even bring him near stopping, so he's only moving inches, but nothing can truly stop his forward momentum once he gets going. Couldn't Galactus stop him?

KingD19
Using some stipulation, not just pushing. He would slow him to the point where it wouldn't seem like he was moving, but he would be moving forward, ever so slightly.

nicamarvin
Originally posted by Prep-Man
pre-crisis Kryptonians and Daxamites. wrong!!!!

King Kandy
Originally posted by KingD19
Using some stipulation, not just pushing. He would slow him to the point where it wouldn't seem like he was moving, but he would be moving forward, ever so slightly.
WRONG.

jalek moye
Originally posted by Starscream M
Couldn't Galactus stop him?
Yes he could

Bouboumaster
I firmly believe that Hulk, after a time being pushed back, could do it

Master Court
Pre-crisis Scientologists and sodomites.

Or King Thor, technically potentially any green Hulk but namely World Breaker and War Hulk, Eddie McDonough, Odin, Zeus, LT, and Thanos, just to name a few.

Tattoos N Scars
Superman can do it. If the game's on the line...and he has to stop Juggernaut's momentum, he could do it.

Knowsbleed33
No Hulk could do it without a plot device.

nicamarvin
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
Superman can do it. If the game's on the line...and he has to stop Juggernaut's momentum, he could do it. WRONG...... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Tattoos N Scars
Originally posted by nicamarvin
WRONG...... roll eyes (sarcastic)

I bet he can.

Knowsbleed33
Superman can't stop him.

occultdestroyer
Skaar

Spire
Superman can do it. If the game's on the line...and he has to stop Juggernaut's momentum, he could do it.

Someone that reads Superman.

Originally posted by nicamarvin
WRONG...... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Superman can't stop him.

Two people that don't.

Knowsbleed33
What's reading Superman have to do with it? has he done it before? No. There's no precedent for it.

Warlord
Superman fails

Spire
What's reading Superman have to do with it?

Pretty self-explanatory.

Knowsbleed33
That doesn't explain anything.

Spire
Because you don't read Superman.

Knowsbleed33
Has Superman ever stopped the Juggernaut before?

Spire
Lawl.

Knowsbleed33
Just stupid then?

Spire
Yes, you are. Just like your rebuttals.

Warlord
Sorry to interfere but all you have is the feeling that Superman will stop him.

Feeling does not equal proof

Knowsbleed33
You sound like Quanchi with his "Anyone who doesn't think Lucifer can be taken out with a spear obviously hasn't read the Lucifer series."

Spire
I was thinking about quoting that and flipping it, but I won't.

Knowsbleed33
Because you're lame. Superman can't stop the Juggernaut.

Spire
You sound like Quanchi with his "Anyone who doesn't think Lucifer can be taken out with a spear obviously hasn't read the Lucifer series."

You're not trolling.

Spire
Because you're lame. Superman can't stop the Juggernaut.

Originally posted by Spire
I was thinking about quoting that and flipping it, but I won't.

Knowsbleed33

You were thinking of quoting it and flipping it so it looked like this: "Superman can't stop the Juggernaut. Because you're lame."? Ok, whatever helps you get by.

This is pretty much how Superman trying to stop Juggernaut would go. Just replace Thunderstrike with Superman and you'll get the picture.

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg102/Knowsbleed33/Thunderstrike02p14.jpg

Spire
facepalm

Knowsbleed33
Exactly, poor Superman right?

Wei Phoenix

This is pretty much how Superman trying to stop Juggernaut would go. Just replace Thunderstrike with Superman and you'll get the picture.

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg102/Knowsbleed33/Thunderstrike02p14.jpg

Or the Cannonball scan, or the Cyclops FP blast.

Knowsbleed33
Or Iceman trying to freeze him.

Warlord
Well people have to understand that even Superman cannot do EVERYTHING

Spire
Exactly, poor Superman right?

Just wondering, how do you think you're doing so far? You know... with your interchange rebuttals, trolling, misuse of logic, etc.

Knowsbleed33
Better than you are with your "Superman can do it and anyone who doesn't think so obviously hasn't read any Superman" logic.

You're dismissed.

Wei Phoenix
Or Iceman trying to freeze him.

Twice.

Spire
Better than you are with your "Superman can do it and anyone who doesn't think so obviously hasn't read any Superman" logic.

You're dismissed.

Your lost.

Warlord
Nah he seems fine

Spire
No, he is lost.

Parmaniac
No, he is lost.

stop trolling

tkitna
People thinking Superman can stop Juggernauts momentum. http://www.crf2.com/images/smilies/pound.gif

Spire
Originally posted by Parmaniac
stop trolling

You're trolling.

He lost is because he trolled the second page and he think s he is doing better than I am. To make it even worse he doesn't even understand the original point.

Next time read the thread before jumping on the bandwagon.

Galactus20
dur

Galactus20
dur

Galactus20
dur

Devron87
Bump..........

Doctor-Alvis
Are you guys that dense? The point was Superman does what the plot needs him to do. That's what he was pointing out that people would understand if people read Superman comics. Whether or not that was along the lines of a "If Loeb writes it" or a serious answer, I don't know.

Phantom Zone
Thanos?

Philosophía
Superman.

One hand.

Parmaniac
EDIT

Sin I AM
Graviton is a beast! But sadly no he cannot stop cain

I think Hulk can

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Graviton is a beast! But sadly no he cannot stop cain

I think Hulk can

yeah but I had to edit forgot the OP said only physical force if everything would be allowed lot's of beings could "stop" him.

rotiart
I rememberwarhulk facing off against juggs... What I can't rememer is
1. Was that the suppose non full power juggs
2. Did hulk stop juggs or did je simply redirect the momentum by picking him off the ground and tossing him
anyone?

jalek moye
Using purely physical might I'll just say a celestial or something

xJLxKing
Superman. Counter-Vibration cool or using his HV+Speed+Strength

psycho gundam
superman, hulk, and thor if they really wanted to do it.

nicamarvin
Originally posted by psycho gundam
superman, hulk, and thor if they really wanted to do it. laughing

jalek moye
Originally posted by rotiart
I rememberwarhulk facing off against juggs... What I can't rememer is
1. Was that the suppose non full power juggs
2. Did hulk stop juggs or did je simply redirect the momentum by picking him off the ground and tossing him
anyone?
He stopped him but he was generating Celestial Energy from the tech he had.

Sin I AM
ok where does Cytorrak rate up there next to the other gods? is he Skyfather level...

nicamarvin
ok where does Cytorrak rate up there next to the other gods? is he Skyfather level... you bet

Sin I AM
but Marko only receives a portion of his power, so my guess is roughly like what at the most 49% i mean he's only an avatar, which realistically would put him at half Odins or Zeuss' power? So he can be bested physically, it just needs to be by a greater amount of force

jalek moye
but Marko only receives a portion of his power, so my guess is roughly like what at the most 49% i mean he's only an avatar, which realistically would put him at half Odins or Zeuss' power? So he can be bested physically, it just needs to be by a greater amount of force
more so half of Odin's then Zues

Zues isn't all that powerful for his level

Mindset
Elder God.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by jalek moye
more so half of Odin's then Zues

Zues isn't all that powerful for his level

That's because for some reason Marvel sh!ts on the Greek pantheon and only focuses on the Norsemen. I wish the "gods" of Earth would live up to their name instead of being so crappy at times. I mean look at ARES he is such a tool.

I always say Odin and Zeus as equals

jalek moye
Yea thats very true

I only Zues isn't that great because i remember hearing that Zues wasn't able to beat Thor when they fought.

but yea with the exception of Thor, Odin, and Loki, and a few others

the earth gods seemed to be shitter then their tittle suggests

Sin I AM
Originally posted by jalek moye
Yea thats very true

I only Zues isn't that great because i remember hearing that Zues wasn't able to beat Thor when they fought.

but yea with the exception of Thor, Odin, and Loki, and a few others

the earth gods seemed to be shitter then their tittle suggests

which sounds like pis to me

The Nuul
Mr Fantastic or Plastic Man?

Kris Blaze
Nico Minoru.

dmills
Superman can do it. If the game's on the line... Doesn't a force opposing Juggernaut have to be more powerful then Cyttorak?

Mindset
NO!

Doctor-Alvis
Hypothetically, anyone with decent aim and any kind of slipping and/or tripping material could stop Juggernaut. On a hard enough floor with strong enough marbles, a pull of the string could possibly stop him.

Survivor19
Tippy Toe.

Priest
Batman.

Hewhoknowsall
Juggernaut

Yeah...what if two Juggernauts ran into each other?

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
Juggernaut

Yeah...what if two Juggernauts ran into each other?

stalemate smile

option 1: Both stop

option 2: Both keep pushing each other back and rewrite the laws of physics by doing it

Mindship
Courageous Cat (sans Minute Mouse).

nicamarvin
Originally posted by Mindset
Elder God. smokin'

Master Court
First, a question. Is this asking if they could stop him right away, or are they allowed to be pushed around the world a few times?

If they have to stop him, like, sooner rather than later, then nobody can stop him. But if they can take all the time they want, then my answer remains the same. And it's true, too.

King Thor, potentially Savage Hulk, World Breaker or War Hulk, Odin, Zeus, Eddie McDonough, Thanos...

I'm sure there are plenty more. They've just never come across Juggernaut. Marvel keeps their precious little Juggernaut away from the really powerful guys, because then we'd see his limits. Same reason why they won't give a clear answer as to who is stronger between Thor, Hulk, and Juggernaut. I mean, we already saw War Hulk stop Juggernaut. Took a while, but he did it. He was prepping to behead the prick, too. Say what you want about the tech War Hulk had on, but Apocalypse himself noted that Hulk could generate enough energy to challenge the Celestials. And Hulk is fueled by his own energy. So, basically, Apocalypse, with his Celestial technology, discovered what two cosmics, Beyonder and Thanos, had learned as well. That Hulk really does have all-but-infinite potential. Celestial-level, according to Apocalypse and the Celestial technology he used to get the information. That'd be enough to stop Juggernaut dead in his tracks several times over.

But for all practical purposes, Juggernaut is totally unstoppable to the regular incarnations of most characters. Given that they don't have the luxury of amp time.

Dr Will Hatch
It's really unfair. Technically, NOTHING should stop the Juggernaut in motion. It's his gimmick.

chomperx9
hulk hides behind a wall holding an adamantium pole thats on the ground waiting for juggernaut to pass by. hulk trips juggernaut and falls down so technically he's stopped.

manx422
She hulk has stopped an avatar of cytorrak before using a pick up truck evil face evil face

nicamarvin
Originally posted by manx422
She hulk has stopped an avatar of cytorrak before using a pick up truck evil face evil face she hulk is so HOT...she shagged one of them.... smokin'

Hewhoknowsall
A random kid throws a banana peel on the ground.

Juggernaut trips, and is stopped.

Master Court
Honestly, I'd be happier if they really did make Juggernaut completely unstoppable. It'd be so easy to explain that he doesn't have to obey the laws of physics, like Flash with his speed. He can take a direct 90 degree turn even at full speed. Why can't they just say Juggernaut's momentum power dictates it's own rules, and that it's not just "hard" to stop him, but truly impossible? The problem is, War Hulk stopped him. That not only proves it's possible, but that it's also within the reach of certain characters under special circumstances. Given War Hulk's power, which we can say couldn't have been anywhere near Odin-level, it's simple to guess that probably any reasonably amped top-tier brick could stop Juggernaut, given enough time and space to do it.

Doctor-Alvis
I think the real problem is that it's a stupid ability. I mean, sure, it's cool to charge into things and just keep going but there are far more useful abilities.

bbrem123
idk tho...i think war hulk is just that physically strong

geshien
No one can stop the Juggernaut.

nicamarvin
Originally posted by geshien
No one can stop the Juggernaut. beer

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
I think the real problem is that it's a stupid ability. I mean, sure, it's cool to charge into things and just keep going but there are far more useful abilities. i think the inspiration for that ability comes from the actual meaning of the word "juggernaut".

if you didn't know, a juggernath is an indian cultural item sort of like a float in north america, the only real exception is that juggernath is heavy as shit and a lot larger. if that thing starts going down hill or something.......whatever is in front of it gets destroyed.

dmills
Kitty Pryde maybe? "I'm the Juggernaut B**CH!"

psycho gundam
i still don't see why thor, hulk, superman and co. couldn't at least stop him from advancing if they really wanted to.

i remain unconvinced.

SoulDevourer
That's because for some reason Marvel sh!ts on the Greek pantheon and only focuses on the Norsemen. like when they make Hercules defeat Thor in wrestlin dual? no expression

dmills
i still don't see why Thor, hulk, superman and co. couldn't at least stop him from advancing if they really wanted to.

i remain unconvinced.

It's because his power is derived from magic placed in him by a being on par with the likes of Odin etc. Think of it this way. Odin placed a magical spell on Mjolnir that only allows Thor (one who is worthy) to lift it and use it's power. So no matter how strong a person is, due to the power of the magic they won't be able to lift the hammer. Juggernaut's momentum works in a similar way. Even though it' been written inconsistently at times.

Knowsbleed33
Originally posted by bbrem123
idk tho...i think war hulk is just that physically strong

Nah, the Celestial enhancements are the only thing that enabled War Hulk to do what he did. Apocalypse says as much.

Doctor-Alvis
i think the inspiration for that ability comes from the actual meaning of the word "juggernaut".

if you didn't know, a juggernath is an indian cultural item sort of like a float in north america, the only real exception is that juggernath is heavy as shit and a lot larger. if that thing starts going down hill or something.......whatever is in front of it gets destroyed.
Yeah, but imagine this - What if nothing could stop any of his movements? Admittedly, this would change very little about him but it's far more useful sounding than not being able to stop him from charging.

Knowsbleed33
Except not being able to stop him charging isn't the only thing that makes him unstoppable.

Doctor-Alvis
Except not being able to stop him charging isn't the only thing that makes him unstoppable.
Did I say that was the only thing that made him unstoppable?

Knowsbleed33
No, but you're using that in a sense that makes Juggernaut sound like a one trick pony.

Doctor-Alvis
No. But also yes, you do bring up a good point. He is a one trick pony. My point was his uninterruptable charge is lame. Uninterruptable everything is cooler. But now that you pointed that out, he is just a high class brick with one trick isn't he. A lame trick. One that every other brick related character has when the rule of cool is put into effect.

princejlee
Originally posted by dmills
It's because his power is derived from magic placed in him by a being on par with the likes of Odin etc. Think of it this way. Odin placed a magical spell on Mjolnir that only allows Thor (one who is worthy) to lift it and use it's power. So no matter how strong a person is, due to the power of the magic they won't be able to lift the hammer. Juggernaut's momentum works in a similar way. Even though it' been written inconsistently at times.

Errmm embarrasment actually hulk not only picked it up but also weilded it against thor in avengers nearly killing him and he wasnt deemed worthy by the hammer hes just insanely strong so he could stop juggernaut if he wanted

Mindset
What?

When was this?

princejlee
and also why do people assume because juggs power is from cytorak he has all the powers and unlimited strength of cytorak?hes just a vessel he doesnt, hes powers and strength are limited just like how silver surfer doesnt have all but only a fraction of galactus power

princejlee
Originally posted by Mindset
What?

When was this?

in the avengers movie where the hulk goes rouge and all the avengers combine efforts to stop him he lifted it up in the air with ONE HAND
and in the hulk vs move where hulk went to asgard he almost picked up his hammer again but thor recovered and summoned it back (lucky for him)

Sin I AM
Originally posted by SoulDevourer
like when they make Hercules defeat Thor in wrestlin dual? no expression

Hercules beating Thor makes sense since he IS physically stronger than him and a better h2h fighter.

Zeus on the Other hand should be as awe-inspiring as Odin which he is not. Neither is Ares. Hell imo the way they are depicted Loki has more power than the whole pantheon Zeus and herc nonwithstanding

Devron87
Nah, the Celestial enhancements are the only thing that enabled War Hulk to do what he did. Apocalypse says as much.

the only thing?NO.......

chicio
well batman can stop him by calling superman who will bfr him

Devron87
Originally posted by princejlee
and also why do people assume because juggs power is from cytorak he has all the powers and unlimited strength of cytorak?hes just a vessel he doesnt, hes powers and strength are limited just like how silver surfer doesnt have all but only a fraction of galactus power

this,except event and special Conditions granted by Cyttorak..........

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by princejlee

The only thing limiting Cain's power is himself.

SoulDevourer
Hercules beating Thor makes sense since he IS physically stronger than him and a better h2h fighter.yeah they make Herc more skilled then "thunder god" even tho hes only half god & Thors suppose to be full-god

"physicaly stronger" wtf? their supose to be = (show on panel). if they retconed Thor then its even worse no expression

>
That's because for some reason Marvel sh!ts on the Greek pantheon so yeah 4 some reason Marvel sh!ts on the norse panthon erm

Devron87
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
The only thing limiting Cain's power is himself.

and cyttorak.........
he still an empowered human whit human mind restrictions,its spirit still human by nature not mystic,it is blocked with its own restrictions except outsides influences,event help,leads by cyttorak...........

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Devron87
and cyttorak.........
he still an empowered human whit human mind restrictions,its spirit still human by nature not mystic,it is blocked with its own restrictions except outsides influences,event help,leads by cyttorak...........

Cyttorak said it himself that he wasn't the one holding Cain's power back.

HueyFreeman
edit

Devron87
agreed,but he still never demonstrated in panel he can do consciously what he wants exactly when he want,or when he need,except a few exceptions........since the beginning He is portrayed like a mystical empowered human,it is not an original born mystic creature with natural knowledge of its own capacities............

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Devron87
agreed,but he still never demonstrated in panel he can do consciously what he wants exactly when he want,or when he need,except a few exceptions........since the beginning He is portrayed like a mystical empowered human,it is not an original born mystic creature with natural knowledge of its own capacities............

No idea what you're trying to say now, but know that Cain is the only thing that's holding all of the power back and Cyttorak isn't stopping him from doing anything.

allen4
good debate,in full charge no one,but with times.......

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by allen4
good debate,in full charge no one,but with times.......

What do you mean with time? By the time the meet, they're getting trampled if they can't initially stop him.

allen4
a full charge has already been slow and stop in panel,after a certain amount of times..............

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by allen4
a full charge has already been slow and stop in panel,after a certain amount of times..............

Only to War Hulk and Thor. outside of that, he wasn't stopped and once he hit someone they didn't slow him down, he trampled them.

allen4
ok,based on these panel exceptions,we agree..........

Juntai
A couple batarangs and a kick to the stomach oughta do 'er.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Juntai
A couple batarangs and a kick to the stomach oughta do 'er.

Now if I didn't have a sense of humor, I'd call you a trolling idiot.

That being said you're a trolling idiot and you're reported. shifty devil

rotiart
In the recent hulk comic even skaar could slow down a juggernaught in motion....

Doctor-Alvis
You know, with Hulk finally doing the obvious and tripping Juggernaut, I think Batman could do it if he blew up the ground just right so Juggernaut fell.
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Cyttorak said it himself that he wasn't the one holding Cain's power back.
I'm fairly sure he'd have some kind of ceiling. I mean, I'm sure the crimson glass is much deeper than Cain is drinking but I don't think it'd just be an unfiltered hose straight to Cyttorak.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by SoulDevourer
yeah they make Herc more skilled then "thunder god" even tho hes only half god & Thors suppose to be full-god

"physicaly stronger" wtf? their supose to be = (show on panel). if they retconed Thor then its even worse no expression

>
so yeah 4 some reason Marvel sh!ts on the norse panthon erm

how does marvel Sh!t on the norse pantheon when they get the most press?

Hewhoknowsall
Not to be technical, but technically Juggernaut is the weakest that could stop Juggernaut.

nicamarvin
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
Not to be technical, but technically Juggernaut is the weakest that could stop Juggernaut. Jumpy

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Master Court
First, a question. Is this asking if they could stop him right away, or are they allowed to be pushed around the world a few times?

If they have to stop him, like, sooner rather than later, then nobody can stop him. But if they can take all the time they want, then my answer remains the same. And it's true, too.

King Thor, potentially Savage Hulk, World Breaker or War Hulk, Odin, Zeus, Eddie McDonough, Thanos...

I'm sure there are plenty more. They've just never come across Juggernaut. Marvel keeps their precious little Juggernaut away from the really powerful guys, because then we'd see his limits. Same reason why they won't give a clear answer as to who is stronger between Thor, Hulk, and Juggernaut. I mean, we already saw War Hulk stop Juggernaut. Took a while, but he did it. He was prepping to behead the prick, too. Say what you want about the tech War Hulk had on, but Apocalypse himself noted that Hulk could generate enough energy to challenge the Celestials. And Hulk is fueled by his own energy. So, basically, Apocalypse, with his Celestial technology, discovered what two cosmics, Beyonder and Thanos, had learned as well. That Hulk really does have all-but-infinite potential. Celestial-level, according to Apocalypse and the Celestial technology he used to get the information. That'd be enough to stop Juggernaut dead in his tracks several times over.

But for all practical purposes, Juggernaut is totally unstoppable to the regular incarnations of most characters. Given that they don't have the luxury of amp time.

Question when did Thanos realize this?

I'm curious.... how does superman or thor stop jugs by purely physical force?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Also, Zeus would crap all over Thor... As a matter a fact IIRC.. He atomized thor and I think Ares for fighting with each other and then brought both back instantly.

Nestical
Originally posted by Prep-Man
pre-crisis Kryptonians and Daxamites.

uh no. erm

Nestical
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Superman. Counter-Vibration cool or using his HV+Speed+Strength

Only physical force is allowed. re-read the op

-Pr-
Superman could redirect him, but stop him? Not so sure...

psycho gundam
Originally posted by dmills
It's because his power is derived from magic placed in him by a being on par with the likes of Odin etc. Think of it this way. Odin placed a magical spell on Mjolnir that only allows Thor (one who is worthy) to lift it and use it's power. So no matter how strong a person is, due to the power of the magic they won't be able to lift the hammer. Juggernaut's momentum works in a similar way. Even though it' been written inconsistently at times. it's not the same though, for mjolnir, one of the original nine enchantments can override all of juggernaut's power just by spinning around him. erm 8th day =/= normal juggernaut

and mjolnir becomes bonded to the earth itself until thor lifts it, that's why it's hard to lift. you'd be literally pushing down on the earth with your feet which totally works against you in this instance.

dmills
it's not the same though, for mjolnir, one of the original nine enchantments can override all of juggernaut's power just by spinning around him. erm 8th day =/= normal juggernaut

and mjolnir becomes bonded to the earth itself until thor lifts it, that's why it's hard to lift. you'd be literally pushing down on the earth with your feet which totally works against you in this instance. I got cha. It's all magic is all I'm saying. Some magical enchantments obviously are more effective or can overide others, the bottomline is that it seems only superior magic or an overwhelmingly powerful cosmic force can overcome powerful enchantments.

Knowsbleed33
it's not the same though, for mjolnir, one of the original nine enchantments can override all of juggernaut's power just by spinning around him.

Que?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.