Master Chief vs. Ridley

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
This is what started the fight:
http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs12/f/2006/323/a/e/Please_Samus__by_Samus_Aran.png

Fight is in a wasteland on a deserted planet.

Master Chief has a Spartan Laser, five plasma grenades, a bubble shield, a plasma rifle and the Halo 1 pistol.

Can John defeat Ridley and still keep Samus or will this space dragon make chief his meal?

Ms.Marvel
how attack ridley attack people?

what are his abilities? i havent played a metroid game in a long time.

NemeBro
Ridley bombards him with missiles from the cloudz and shit.

Assuming this is the Ridley that appeared in Prime 3.

Ms.Marvel
well the chief can dodge missiles as shown in the fall of reach. the spartan laser should do away with ridley though. chief is a good enough shot with it to shoot jets out of the sky.

ScreamPaste
Ridley can outfly Samus' ship, if I remember right. This doesn't look good for Chief, imho.

Ms.Marvel
how does that help ridley kill john though?

NemeBro
Because it means Ridley is too fast for John to shoot down, and the dinky Spartan Laser will do nothing. Samus' firepower craps on John's.

Ms.Marvel
what weapons does she have that are for sure > a spartan laser? and of those weapons which ones were canonically used on ridely?

also john moves faster then ridley can shoot down as well.. so its a moot point. the difference being that ridley cant move that fast and aim and attack at the same time where the chief can. im not really sure why you assume that ridley can fly faster than a ship either. the only time i recall samsu chasing him in her ship si in metroid prime 1. and he had a ten minute head start and was already in the upper atmosphere so its not as if he was just moving faster.

ScreamPaste
Samus is faster than Chief, Ridley can keep up with her. I see no reason he can't keep up with Chief.

Samus armour is stronger than Chief's as well. Ridley can damage it. ..So on and so forth. In this case, power scaling makes it look very one-sided.

XanatosForever
Clearly this is going to devolve into another Chief/Samus debate...damn, I still haven't finished the first one!

On a side note, the premise for this entire battle is flawed. Samus would never go with John. Ever. sneer

Ms.Marvel
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Samus is faster than Chief, Ridley can keep up with her. I see no reason he can't keep up with Chief.

w/o power ups what has samus done that indicates she moves faster than the chief does? when has she canonically been shown dodging bullets or the like? the chief punched a jet fighter missile that was flying at him and sees bullets in slow motion...

and her armor might be better but shes not physically stronger.

Sin_Volvagia
someone who can give samus a fight for her life is not someone to take lightly. ridley cooks chief with his plasma breath

Ms.Marvel
johns taken on plasma enemies before. nuthin special in a day for the master chef. raver

Zack Fair
Originally posted by XanatosForever

On a side note, the premise for this entire battle is flawed. Samus would never go with John. Ever. sneer

BE GONE INFIDEL!

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
johns taken on plasma enemies before. nuthin special in a day for the master chef. raver Entirely different plasma, I'd add. Also, in much smaller doses than the dousing Ridley would lay down. =P

NemeBro
what weapons does she have that are for sure > a spartan laser? and of those weapons which ones were canonically used on ridely?

also john moves faster then ridley can shoot down as well.. so its a moot point. the difference being that ridley cant move that fast and aim and attack at the same time where the chief can. im not really sure why you assume that ridley can fly faster than a ship either. the only time i recall samsu chasing him in her ship si in metroid prime 1. and he had a ten minute head start and was already in the upper atmosphere so its not as if he was just moving faster. Super Missiles are fun.

Practically Samus' entirely arsenal is better.

Lol no he doesn't, slower people than Ridley can shoot John. Ridley will bombard the landscape with missiles, but I am sure John can dodge that, right? erm

I never said he can. Only faster than John. Or anything he shoots.

XanatosForever
Originally posted by Zack Fair
BE GONE INFIDEL!

You took the words right out of my mouth, vile heathen! mad

SuperLuigi
Originally posted by NemeBro

slower people than Ridley can shoot John.

who?

and he doesnt even need to dodge, the sheild on his armor reflects all kinds of shit.

Ms.Marvel
Super Missiles are fun.

and apparently they dont even move that fast going by prime and the 2d versions of the game.

prove it.

prove it. i havent seen any examples so far from any of you detailing ridleys speed.

considering how slow those missiles are? yeah. definitely.

id really appreciate it if people could quantify their claims with some events. so far ive been told that ridley and samus is faster than john and theyre weapons are more pwoerful than halo weapons. none of you have provided any feats to go in hand with these claims though. so why should i take any of this as fact? i beat prime 1,2,3 and played super metroid so i ahve an idea of the powers in the samus universe.

Ms.Marvel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tejP0L5XbKQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glFPKDb9OyY

why should i be impressed? even a little bit impressed? look at the canon cutscene before the meta ridley fight. thats how fast he flies. seriously. wow thats impressive. no expression

and as i said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7ZzYQbIZ_M

yeah. chiefs faced much more epic plasma then anything ridley can dish out.

ScreamPaste
Actually, there's no real indication of either slowness or ewffort on Ridley's part there..

no expression Except the tech for the plasma Chief's dealt with is far inferior..

You're trying to compare say.. a Horse to a jet engine. erm

Ms.Marvel
prove it!

ScreamPaste
K.

Plasma in Metroid can literally vaporise things. :]

Ms.Marvel
as do plasma weapons in halo. :]

ScreamPaste
I've never seen it. -.o; Care to share?

Ms.Marvel
in the fall of reach a shot from a hunter vaporized a trio of marines with one shot he also nearly vaporized a spartan.

in halo first strike a stray plasma shot from a covenant star fighter flash atomized a pelican and two spartans at the same time.

there are other instances. *shrug* the covenant deliberately weaken and strengthen the plasma in their weapons based on the situation. they have plasma barely strong enough to put a hole in someone, and plasma strong enough to vaporize sky scrapers ala halo odst.

XanatosForever
in the fall of reach a shot from a hunter vaporized a trio of marines with one shot he also nearly vaporized a spartan.

in halo first strike a stray plasma shot from a covenant star fighter flash atomized a pelican and two spartans at the same time.

there are other instances. *shrug* the covenant deliberately weaken and strengthen the plasma in their weapons based on the situation. they have plasma barely strong enough to put a hole in someone, and plasma strong enough to vaporize sky scrapers ala halo odst.

Ah yes, we all love books, don't we? Clearly, the written text is of much greater precedence, how silly were we to even attempt to argue against it? notworthy

Ms.Marvel
yes indeedy. no point in ignoring the canon! bungie decides whats canon not me. big grin

Burning thought
Well actually this forum does not see that as canon

Ms.Marvel
lana herself has said that its up to thread starter.

and ultimately it wouldnt matter. what this site thinks doesnt change reality. bungie decides whats canon not kmc. smile

Burning thought
Indeed but Nemesis has not yet specified

Ms.Marvel
eh. it hardly matters.

if we accept all canon or what it is: canon. then the chief and the halo-universe in general shits on samus and her universe. if we ignore established canon and go purely by the game with game mechanics in mind then samus/ridley etc. wins. there isnt really anything to debate about that.

Ridley_Prime
The Phazon-based weapons during the Omega Ridley fight. Samus also needed the Grapple Lasso to tear off his regular armor & expose his weak spot since it was too powerful to destroy with her conventional weapons, and she needed the X-Ray Visor as well to see his vulnerable spots that were covered up by the Phazite/Phazon armor he generates later in the fight.
Phazon in general is extremely, extremely durable, so it's debatable as to whether or not the Spartan Laser would even destroy Ridley's armor.

And I know Chief can see bullets in slow motion and the like, but does he have X-Ray vision or somethin' similar for him to see through Ridley's armor? If not, well.. this fight is fruitless.

Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
someone who can give samus a fight for her life is not someone to take lightly. ridley cooks chief with his plasma breath
Indeed, and to back that up, Ridley (in Prime 3) single-handedly wiped out an entire platoon of Federation Marines with just one breath of his plasma.

5:54-6:05

LnTydPdH_EE

Chief's not surviving that.

Nemesis X
What the heck do you think you guys are doing? This is Master Chief vs. Ridley, not Master Chief vs. Samus.

Oh and by the way, the book feats are allowed since they're canon to Halo.

NemeBro
eh. it hardly matters.

if we accept all canon or what it is: canon. then the chief and the halo-universe in general shits on samus and her universe. if we ignore established canon and go purely by the game with game mechanics in mind then samus/ridley etc. wins. there isnt really anything to debate about that. Samus' suit alone is able to materialise pure energy in the form of missiles, power cannons that fire blasts hot as the sun (And not the pathetic shit Plasma weapons Covenant troopers use) in the form of large blasts and continuous flamethrowers, shit, she even possesses a small scale nuclear weapon in the form of the Omega Weapon.

Dark Samus (You know, who Samus beat) has survived the destruction of planets, and even other dimensions, hell, at the end of Metroid Prime 3, she actually becomes a planet, bonding with the planet Phaaze.

Also, we know ships in Metroid are at the very least faster than Halo ones, not being confined to a single galaxy.

Nemesis X
Samus' suit alone is able to materialise pure energy in the form of missiles, power cannons that fire blasts hot as the sun (And not the pathetic shit Plasma weapons Covenant troopers use) in the form of large blasts and continuous flamethrowers, shit, she even possesses a small scale nuclear weapon in the form of the Omega Weapon.

Dark Samus (You know, who Samus beat) has survived the destruction of planets, and even other dimensions, hell, at the end of Metroid Prime 3, she actually becomes a planet, bonding with the planet Phaaze.

Also, we know ships in Metroid are at the very least faster than Halo ones, not being confined to a single galaxy.

Nice Metroid logic but what does this have to do with the fight?

Ms.Marvel
id like to see that statistics to confirm this.

pathetic? lol substantiate.

show me.

how does that prove anything?

as for all this:

it doesnt have anything to do with... well... anything. -________-

so congratulations on this post chock full of words but lacking in substance. no expression

also feel free to respond to my earlier post that addressed yours. whenever you get ready. stick out tongue

Ridley_Prime
Finally back again.. and haven't forgotten about this thread, among others.

Originally posted by Nemesis X
What the heck do you think you guys are doing? This is Master Chief vs. Ridley, not Master Chief vs. Samus.

Oh and by the way, the book feats are allowed since they're canon to Halo.
In that case, it is only right that Ridley's feats in the Metroid manga be applicable as well.

it doesnt have anything to do with... well... anything. -________-
Yes it does. You're apparently just avoiding points being made.

Reshbj
Chief's Spartan Laser should be enough. If it can blow up a Banshee with one shot, it shouldn't have too much trouble with Ridley. I got "Too Close to the Sun" once, and I'll get it again.

Ms.Marvel
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Yes it does. You're apparently just avoiding points being made.

hah hah hah

Ridley_Prime
hah hah hah
The truth is funny, I know.

Originally posted by Reshbj
Chief's Spartan Laser should be enough. If it can blow up a Banshee with one shot, it shouldn't have too much trouble with Ridley. I got "Too Close to the Sun" once, and I'll get it again.
In addition to Ridley's regenerative abilities (although limited) and various armorskins, he's survived the explosion of Zebes (Super Metroid) after being beaten by Samus (yet again), as shown by his return in Metroid Fusion (granted, he was captured by the Federation afterward with his body frozen in deep containment when playing the game and later infected by an X-Parasite, but was apparently still alive beforehand, else he wouldn't of been a target by the X).
He also survived being in his own ship when it blew up (Metroid Manga).

Yeah. The Spartan Laser one-shots some vehicles like the Banshee (Too Close to the Sun achievement wasn't that hard), but killing a creature with it whose body can still exist after a planet's explosion and being inside an exploding ship is a whole other story... (also, good luck sticking grenades on Ridley when he's flying, especially in some wasteland on a deserted planet as described by the 1st post)

Ignoring the fact the Laser has only 5 shots max (unlike most of Samus's weaponry), it still takes 3 to 4 seconds to charge up before actually using, so when fighting H2H, Omega Ridley would likely dodge it the same way he always avoids Samus's Screw Attack in Metroid Prime 3, especially since the SL's targeting laser is both visible and capable of being heard by the opponent when close enough, and Ridley has good senses.

Needless to say, Chief dies when using the Spartan Laser at close range anyway due to the splash damage caused by the weapon. As for using it long range... I guess he would have to constantly do some kind of hit-and-run tactic to successfully shoot Ridley.. erm

Running and hiding from Ridley 90% of the battle so Chief can get a good shot with the Spartan Laser without getting hit would make for such an amazing fight!! durw00t

SpadeKing
Originally posted by Reshbj

are you comparing a banshee to ridley? no expression

LLLLLink
... Ridley stomps. Dont forget that Ridley an intellegent life form that happens to be a genius and also has telepathic abilities.

Ms.Marvel
id like to see ridleys telepathic abilities in a combat situation. provide a video for me please. im sure hes used it on samus before right? smile

LLLLLink
*facepalm*
I said telepathic, not telekenetic. He uses it to communicate with the Space Pirates.

Ridley_Prime
Communicating telepathically won't help him in a fight though... but strangling an opponent with his tail would. 131

http://www.onemanga.com/Metroid/9/02/

And seeing as how Chief & Arbiter weren't able to forcefully break themselves free from being constrained by Gravemind's tentacles in Halo 2...

LLLLLink
Yeah, Ridley's got the whole "Cyborg Frieza" thing going too.

Ms.Marvel
Originally posted by LLLLLink
*facepalm*
I said telepathic, not telekenetic. He uses it to communicate with the Space Pirates.

Hence: "I'd like to see Ridley's telepathic abilities in a combat situation."

What I was doing was telling you in a subtle way that your statement didn't actually have anything to do with the fight, in that you stated "ridley stomps", and i assumed that your comment about him being a genius and telepathic was a substantiation for that declaration... which wouldn't make much sense because simply "being a genius" or being able to communicate mentally don't have anything to do with winning a fight although the former could definitely be used if there was some backing behind it.

I'm tipsy right now, just got home from possibly the best party I've been to all year. no expression

LLLLLink
Well I assumed you were looking for a telekentic ability, which is offensive use of psychic power, since you asked for a battle scenario.
Telepathy would only be an aid when a partner is present. That is not the case for this battle. I merely stated that fact to compliment the reality that Ridley is a genius.

Ms.Marvel
Ah I see!

Well! ... how is your Holloween going? big grin

LLLLLink
I'm having to watch my little sister while my parents are on vacation and my bros are at a Smash Bros. tournament.

Ms.Marvel
that sounds.... fun. no expression

LLLLLink
Its about as fun as an anal probing.

NemeBro
I doubt you have ever known the ecstasy of an anal probing.

LLLLLink
That would be correct. The anus should be kept clean and free of foreign material.

NemeBro
I respectfully disagree.

LLLLLink
That's fine. Hey, some people paint.

ridleythedragon
i hear people saying chiefs spartan laser this spartan laser that...in case you havnt noticed ridley isnt a banshee or an f14 he can out manuever any flying vehicle curently in the metroid series and can also outmaneuver any of the homeing missiles we curentley have plus you forgot about cloud cover ridley can hide in the clouds and come out or just stay and shoot missiles im not sayin ridley wins im just saying its alot closer than you think cool

ridleythedragon
oh yeah pluss ridley is MUCH more heavily armored than a banshee hes a gient dragon pluss chiefs grenades would be nearly useless because of how high ridley is flying and flame bursts that would detonate them on contact...that and ridley has died like 8 times and due to the extended life span of a dragon (and the fact that hes lived multiple lives) ridley was fighting the likes of the galactic federation when chief was in deipers...lol did you know when chuck norris was a baby instead of deipers he wore DIEpers XD cool laughing

General Kaliero
Please don't necro dead threads... especially when those threads long went off-topic.

Closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.