Kinda Dumb: Master Chief vs Jango Fett

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
Who wins this battle? Ultimate super-soldier vs the Mandalorian Bounty Hunter.

mattatom
Agaisnt the rules but since it involves MC i'll let it fly. Oh and MC wins.

Ms.Marvel
john slaughters him. hes moves way too fast for jango to even draw a bead on him. one 10 ton punch and jangos gets lopped off.

mattatom
Would 117's shield take a blaster bolt?

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by mattatom
Would 117's shield take a blaster bolt?

Interesting question. Who knows?

mattatom
More interesting though I know Bungie (creator of the Halo francise) was into the No. 7 but not That much!

Darth Truculent
Pretty sure 117s shields can hold against a blaster bolt. It was able to withstand several Covenant energy weapons.

~:Mr.Anderson:~
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
john slaughters him. hes moves way too fast for jango to even draw a bead on him. one 10 ton punch and jangos gets lopped off. sarcasm?

Jango can fly and i found master chief's controls slow and unresponsive.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by ~:Mr.Anderson:~
sarcasm?

Jango can fly and i found master chief's controls slow and unresponsive.

Gamplay =/= canon. Otherwise, Rancors are invincible and Galen can tank lightsaber strikes.

mattatom
Originally posted by ~:Mr.Anderson:~
sarcasm?

Jango can fly and i found master chief's controls slow and unresponsive. Game mechanics=/=canon. In Lego Star Wars I found Jango's jetpack to last about five seconds and Jar Jar was able to jump higher than he could jet. MC was stated to be able to sprint at 40 KM IIRC. Oh and "the speed at which the armoured fist shot forward was enough to shatter his arm completely"

Darth Truculent
Anderson, didn't 117 kill Covenant with jetpacks?

mattatom
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
Anderson, didn't 117 kill Covenant with jetpacks? *Jump packs and yeah he did.

ares834
The Spartan takes this.

Wolverine2179
MC wins.

Lord Lucien
Pretty sure 117s shields can hold against a blaster bolt. It was able to withstand several Covenant energy weapons. But how does Halo's plasma compare against Star Wars' plasma-based blaster bolts?

truejedi
Actually, you CAN kill the Rancors in JA, if that is what you are referencing with the Rancor==Invincible comment.

You can even kill the Mutated Rancor. It takes literally forever though.

Darth Truculent
Not sure about that one Lucien. 117s shields were designed to withstand plasma, melee & kenetic based weaponry. A few modifications should be able to adapt to the frequency/harmonics of a blaster.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
But how does Halo's plasma compare against Star Wars' plasma-based blaster bolts?

Well, I haven't played Halo, but the two seem to function very similarly.

Originally posted by truejedi
Actually, you CAN kill the Rancors in JA, if that is what you are referencing with the Rancor==Invincible comment.

You can even kill the Mutated Rancor. It takes literally forever though.

No, I meant in Battlefront 2, where Rancors are literally invincible.

Lord Lucien
Not sure about that one Lucien. 117s shields were designed to withstand plasma, melee & kenetic based weaponry. A few modifications should be able to adapt to the frequency/harmonics of a blaster. Quite the What If. For all we know, the mathematics and chemistry behind these fictional weapons means negates the usefulness of "a few modifications."

truejedi
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
Well, I haven't played Halo, but the two seem to function very similarly.

No, I meant in Battlefront 2, where Rancors are literally invincible.

the only rancor in that game is in Jabba's Palace, right?

Ms.Marvel
Quite the What If. For all we know, the mathematics and chemistry behind these fictional weapons means negates the usefulness of "a few modifications."

well the infantry weapons in halo seem to work much more efficiently than those found in the regular pistols and rifles used in the star wars universe. so imo covenant plasma is inferior.

Lord Lucien

Ms.Marvel
meant to say superior. stick out tongue

~:Mr.Anderson:~
well the infantry weapons in halo seem to work much more efficiently than those found in the regular pistols and rifles used in the star wars universe. so imo covenant plasma is inferior. really? ot pistols and rifles fire in a straight line and one shot through armor. Boba's left a frickin yard wide hole in the wall. in halo you just get some varried burn marks on terrain and it takes multiple shots to kill a short little "bi-polar" alien.

Ms.Marvel
in a star wars comic rebels were using trees as cover against blaster bolts.

in the halo novels one shot from a plasma rifle went through one side of a warthog, went out the other side, and burned a hole in a guy behind it.

Lord Lucien
What is taken as canon in Halo? The descriptions in the books, or the visuals in the games?

Ms.Marvel
game mechanics are considered non-canon meaning that the only things canon in the halo games are what is shown in the cutscenes.

truejedi
why is this even still open? I have long wanted a Batman- Boba Fett Thread, this maybe is the time for that.

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by truejedi
why is this even still open? I have long wanted a Batman- Boba Fett Thread, this maybe is the time for that.

Go for it. As a matter of fact, I'll help you a bit.

mattatom
game mechanics are considered non-canon meaning that the only things canon in the halo games are what is shown in the cutscenes. Also what's described in the books. All five of them, is considered canon.

Hewhoknowsall
What is taken as canon in Halo? The descriptions in the books, or the visuals in the games?

Books are canon

mattatom
Well from the book one quickfire shot from the plasma pistol was enough to burn through an ODST's armour and burn a considerable part of his stomach away.

Darth_Glentract
Jango all the way. SW tech is so far superior. His blasters melting away at Chief and then kill him really fast.

mattatom
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Jango all the way. SW tech is so far superior. His blasters melting away at Chief and then kill him really fast. He'd have to hit him first, can Jango hit someone moving at 55KMPH?

REXXXX
Closed- against forum rules. Pretty obvious.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.