What if Mace killed Sidious before Anakin arrived?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
During the lightsaber duel between Mace and Sidious, what if Mace managed to kill him before Anakin arrived - what would have been the outcome of the Clone Wars and Anakin's future?

REXXXX
Might've been that Anakin reacted out of anger because Windu's execution, realizing that Padme had no possible savoir with the passing of Palpatine.

Lord Lucien
Can't you think of the outcome of these What Ifs by yourself? They seem pretty straightforward.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by REXXXX
Might've been that Anakin reacted out of anger because Windu's execution, realizing that Padme had no possible savoir with the passing of Palpatine.

Actually, the savior is...nothing. There is no need. Padme wasn't in any danger. It was that by trying to prevent the non existent danger Anakin killed Padme.

REXXXX
Except Anakin thought that Padme was going to die because of his visions, and Palpatine had convinced Anakin that he could help save Padme by training him to become a Sith Lord. So, to Anakin, there was a need.

Anakin4Ever
Firstly, Palpatine only faked his defeat. Secondly, if he was killed, Anakin would have turned against Mace Windu, unleashed his Force Rage, and after a long battle get killed or wounded at the hands of Windu.

truejedi
his "FORCE RAGE?" are you serious?

Lord Lucien
When it comes to Anakin, this guys is always cerial.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
During the lightsaber duel between Mace and Sidious, what if Mace managed to kill him before Anakin arrived - what would have been the outcome of the Clone Wars and Anakin's future?

then Darth Vader would not have been born... GL would have made episodes 4-6 a whole lot different and the Expanded Universe novels would have been written different as well

mattatom
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
When it comes to Anakin, this guys is always cerial. South park?

Darth_Glentract
Then Anakin probably would have been like WTF but without actually seeing and hearing Sidious beg for mercy he probably would have kept his allegiance to the Order.

Bladewind
Well it depends on when exactly Anakin came in.If he came in shortly after the duell he might have turned on the order.If he came later/not at all, Mace could have told him the story through his eyes resulting in Anakin staying like he was.

Anakin4Ever
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
When it comes to Anakin, this guys is always cerial.

What do you mean, I'm saying Anakin would die.

REXXXX
The Force Rage... thing. Doesn't exist.

But yes, I believe Anakin still would have snapped. Palpatine had already filled his head with nonsense.

mattatom
The Force Rage... thing. Doesn't exist.

But yes, I believe Anakin still would have snapped. Palpatine had already filled his head with nonsense. For the former Just saying.

REXXXX
Oh blah. That should be just how things work with the Dark Side, not a specific power. Thank you video games.

mattatom
Oh blah. That should be just how things work with the Dark Side, not a specific power. Thank you video games. Agreed. I think Jedi Outcast showed it as a power first?

truejedi
Oh blah. That should be just how things work with the Dark Side, not a specific power. Thank you video games.

i don't think Wiki makes it canon to be honest. In every video game so far, it is optional, so therefore not canon yet either.

I agree with your former "doesn't exist" statement.

Force Rage sounds painfully like a pokemon or digimon thing.

mattatom
Originally posted by truejedi
i don't think Wiki makes it canon to be honest. In every video game so far, it is optional, so therefore not canon yet either.

I agree with your former "doesn't exist" statement.

Force Rage sounds painfully like a pokemon or digimon thing. I'm in agreement it just seems in SW games the consensus is that Force Rage is a power rather than how DS works.

Lord Lucien
Seems more like an uncontrolled act in the movies rather than a specifically chosen ability (like the games).

Slash_KMC
Team Rocket Sidious: "Vader, use your Force Rage."

Ash Yoda: "Kenobi, protect yourself with Force Peace."

mattatom
Originally posted by Slash_KMC

...No...Just No...

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by mattatom
...No...Just No...

Yeah...

kotorfan
lol I remember all those pokemon books I used to read. haha
god I haven't posted in forever... cuz of gAy P Bio tests and stuff.

truejedi
Then order 66 would never have happened, they would have lived happily ever after.

CloneCaptin Fox
I think Mace would be kiked out of the jedi glaxy and be in jail for a few years for disobeying the rules and to need help when fighting a strong person.starwars

IndridCold
Originally posted by Anakin4Ever
Firstly, Palpatine only faked his defeat.Prove it, you're only going off the assumption that he did.

Major Valerian
Are you familiar with the words Vaapad and Shatterpoint, Anakin4Ever?

I agree with REX. If Windu had killed off Sidious before Anakin arrived, he probably would've just snapped and attacked Windu out of pure anger, eventually losing and ending up either dead or painfully living.

Galan007
Mace would have turned to the dark side, and Anakin would have become his apprentice.

smart

Hewhoknowsall
Anakin would likely have been angered, and may or may not attack Mace.

Either way though, the galaxy is saved.

Galan007
Does anyone think that if Mace would have survived his battle with Sidious, he would have been turned to the darkseid anyway? Seems like fully embracing his darkness and allowing Vaapad to consume him would take some kind of toll..?

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by Slash_KMC

Don't forget
Ash: Dodge it!

I was always pissed off that you couldn't do that in the card/video games. It would make life easier.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
Don't forget
Ash: Dodge it!

I was always pissed off that you couldn't do that in the card/video games. It would make life easier.

Does anyone else notice that, in many card games, the power of characters are almost entirely inaccurate?

In the Star Wars TCG, a Rancor > Yoda in stats, a clone trooper > a squad of clone troopers, a super battle droid > a platoon of clones, some versions of AOTC Kenobi are > ROTS Kenobi, super battle droid squad > juggernaut, a wampa > an imperial star destroyer, etc.

In Pokemon TCG, Mewtwo is beat out by Charizard, despite Mewtwo effortlessly blocking Charizard's attack in that movie.

In DBZ ccg, Hercules > earlier versions of Goku.

Etc.

mattatom
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
Does anyone else notice that, in many card games, the power of characters are almost entirely inaccurate?

In the Star Wars TCG, a Rancor > Yoda in stats, a clone trooper > a squad of clone troopers, a super battle droid > a platoon of clones, some versions of AOTC Kenobi are > ROTS Kenobi, super battle droid squad > juggernaut, a wampa > an imperial star destroyer, etc.

In Pokemon TCG, Mewtwo is beat out by Charizard, despite Mewtwo effortlessly blocking Charizard's attack in that movie.

In DBZ ccg, Hercules > earlier versions of Goku.

Etc. Oh comeone! You cannot use Hercule Satan He is so awesome. Though I must be honest I do prefer Gokule!.

Jack Daniels
Originally posted by Galan007
Mace would have turned to the dark side, and Anakin would have become his apprentice.

smart
I would read that if they had star wars "what if" comics...do they?

Galan007
^ Not that I know of.

But it would actually make sense, imo... Mace slays Palpatine after fully embracing his/Palpatine's darkness via Vaapad. After doing so he realizes that he has dove too far into the depths of the dark side, and there is no turning back. He could then either fight Anakin or take him as an apprentice (whichever one sounds most fitting.)

Remember, you heard it here first. stick out tongue

mattatom
Originally posted by Jack Daniels
I would read that if they had star wars "what if" comics...do they? They had 3 what if's that I know of pertaining to certain event in the OT, the first being if Luke had missed the shot on the Death Star.
ESB-If Han hadn't found Luke in time.
ROTJ- I forget.

truejedi
Mace slays Palpatine after fully embracing his/Palpatine's darkness.
ALWAYS gotta drag race into it, don't you? mad

Galan007
ALWAYS gotta drag race into it, don't you? mad lol, I meant it like "his OR Palpatine's darkness". stick out tongue

Nephthys
But Palpatine isn't black? O..o

truejedi
Darth Exodus is absolutely correct. Galan, you aren't making any sense at all.

Galan007
Originally posted by Nephthys
But Palpatine isn't black? O..o mmm

You have a point. Well, I guess Mace will just have to keep feeding on his own darkness, then. thumb up

Darth Exodus is absolutely correct. Galan, you aren't making any sense at all. It's when I stop making sense to myself that I need to worry.

...So I think I'm still okay.... For the time being. g_twitch

truejedi
Blax is gonna yell at us... : (

Nephthys
mmm

You have a point. Well, I guess Mace will just have to keep feeding HIM (added so it doesn't look like I just stupidly misread your post and so my joke makes sense.) on his own darkness, then. thumb up

That ****ers pulling a reverse Micheal Jackson! Bastard! disgust

Juk3n
Originally posted by Anakin4Ever
Firstly, Palpatine only faked his defeat.

no he never

InfernoJG95
Well anakin would have been angry and he would prob let it all out (his emotions and troubles and secrets to mace including padme ) mace probably understood that anakin needed a father figure so he provided it. Mace kept his secret and anakin is made a master the clone wars end and a massive celebration/memorial is held for the end of the clone wars and to memorise those who have fallen. Obi-Wan turns up along with the other Jedi returning from the conflict. Padme goes into labour gives birth to luke and Leia and padme survives and luke follows his fathers career and leia follows her mothers

InfernoJG95
But padmes and anakins secret is revealed but no one cares and a few days after the twins are born ani and padme get married this time in company obi wan is best man and yoda performs the service. The dark side has been conquered and love is not a bad thing as it is proven that all the children have a good connection to the force. Padme becomes chancellor and it's happily ever after

Mshinu
I see Anakin staying with the order, but because of his paranoia secretly digging up any sith secret and dark side practicioner he can find. Eventually he embraces the Dark Side and overthrows at least part of the republic himself to start his own "stable" empire. Leia and Luke are raised Sith style as his sucessors.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.