Can they get any longer ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies
I was watching ROTK EE which is fantastic and i thought it must be the longest film ever made and i was wrong .

That was untill i saw a film called 1900 and its 5 hours long !!!!! is this film any good to be worth 5 hours long ??

MildPossession
There are others films that run more than 5 hours, 5 hours is nothing.

Found a list for people interested:

http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/16343

Also can look into some 'films' by Andy Warhol, he made a few that were uber long.

coolmovies
I think this is the longest

Matrjoschka is a film made and produced by the German artist Karin Hoerler in 2006. At 95 hours of playtime it is the longest experimental film by time.

The world premiere of the film was at the light spectacle Luminale 2006 in Frankfurt-Germany. Matrjoschka was publicly shown on an outdoor 100 m2 LED-screen at the DrKW-building, starting on April 23, 2006 at 6:00am and ending on April 28, 2006 at 1:00am. During the night, there was a break from 1:00 to 6:00am.

This film is available only in .wmv format (Video for Windows Media Player) on DVD.

The images and sequences are based on a single photo. The film shows a boy riding a bicycle, a street, houses, garages, and sky. Over time, the image changes, but those movements are very slow and not directly visible.

jinXed by JaNx
It took three hits of acid for me to finally watch the entire directors cut of Das boot in one sitting. I don't know it what was about that movie. It really is a great and powerful flick but damn, that's one of those movies that is definitely to long. Das Boot and Once upon a time in America are the longest, Non mini-series that i can think of.

Eon Blue
Holy s***. I didn't know movies of that length existed.

Darth Jello
I'm pretty sure Berlin Alexanderplatz is the most critically acclaimed long film. I also recall at least one joke on the Critic being directed at a 20 hour cut of the film (it really runs 15.5 hours).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.