magog (jsa) vs beta ray bill

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

psycho gundam
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/2245/magog.jpg

vs

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/9919/636675497hpf7axl.jpg

Prep-Man
I'm interested in seeing what else Magog could do, but for now, BRB.

Galan007
per doctor midnite, magog's overall powerlevel was near that of KC supes - and his staff was channeling energies on par with alan scott's green flame.

BRB wins though.... superior feats.

guysangel
Bill

Kris Blaze
BRB shoves Magog's military doctrine up his ass.

psycho gundam
bump

JakeTheBank
BRB.

Magog sucks.

quanchi112
Bil whoops him.

Q99
Originally posted by Galan007
per doctor midnite, magog's overall powerlevel was near that of KC supes - and his staff was channeling energies on par with alan scott's green flame.

BRB wins though.... superior feats.

I think Midnite compared his strength to normal Supes, not KC, and yea, blasts comparable to Alan Scott's.

He's combat trained and had a lesser power before so he adapted well to his fairly straitforward powers, but he's still not as experienced with his higher power level as some.

This is a fight, Magog's probably even going to get some licks in, but Bill should win.

Digi
New character embellishment is almost a given. With some you literally just have to ignore their first few fights because they have "new character PIS" going in force. It's stronger than some jobber auras even. Stronger than Alan's flame? Heh.

He lacks anything impressive, at least on BRB's scale.

guy222
brb

JakeTheBank
As a character purposefully designed, at least originally, to represent everything wrong with the comics of the 90s, I feel obligated to side against Magog. sneer

Q99
From what I hear/the bits I've seen, Magog's own comic was surprisingly good.

Originally posted by Digi
New character embellishment is almost a given. With some you literally just have to ignore their first few fights because they have "new character PIS" going in force. It's stronger than some jobber auras even. Stronger than Alan's flame? Heh.

Not stronger, just comparable output (and obviously, just a blast rather than having constructs).

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Q99
From what I hear/the bits I've seen, Magog's own comic was surprisingly good.

I actually heard the Magog ongoing was one of the worst selling DC titles out at the time. I could be wrong, though.

Q99
Magog does have some feats-
http://i656.photobucket.com/albums/uu282/SilverZeo/JSAwesome3.jpg?t=1282538382

Just Major Force, who's not particularly uber, but beating him isn't bad.

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I actually heard the Magog ongoing was one of the worst selling DC titles out at the time. I could be wrong, though.

Oh yes, it sold horribly, like I think it started at 10 and was around 8k by the end (For comparison, REBELS's lowest point was 9k after 30-some issues). No-one was interested in a Magog book to start with. But from what I hear, it was better than one'd expect.

Galan007
Originally posted by Q99
I think Midnite compared his strength to normal Supes, not KC Nope, it was KC Supes:

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/4189/jsamagog1.th.jpg

Digi
Didn't KC Supes essentially wreck Magog's master and creator later in the series (I read it, just don't remember the details)? He never lived up to Midnight's hype.

Galan007
Didn't KC Supes essentially wreck Magog's master and creator later in the series (I read it, just don't remember the details)? Not really. All KC Supes did was decapitate 3rd World Gog via HV, after he'd already been knocked on the ground/incapacitated (afterward he went on to put Gog's head on the Source Wall.) Beforehand, 3rd World Gog had been collectively trouncing the combined JSA (ie. Alan, Thunderbolt, KC Supes, Starman, etc.)

The guy who deserves the most credit in that battle (by a HUGE margin), is Citizen Steel. The dude knocked 3rd World Gog flat on his ass with a mere two punches -- as I mentioned above, that is a task not even the aforementioned team was capable of. Extremely uber.

He never lived up to Midnight's hype. Agreed.

Q99
Originally posted by Galan007
Nope, it was KC Supes:

Ah, yes, but it's only 'approaching' his strength.

Galan007
Originally posted by Q99
Ah, yes, but it's only 'approaching' his strength. Originally posted by Galan007
per doctor midnite, magog's overall powerlevel was near that of KC supes

JakeTheBank
Sweet sig, Galan

Slaanesh
base entirely on Midnite assessment of Magog..i give him the win..Supes strength with Alan energy output..that's a win for me..

JakeTheBank
But based on feats would you give Magog the win?

Slaanesh
But based on feats would you give Magog the win?

lets see..he send Infinity Man running..hold his own against JSA including KC Supes for sometime..now..that's the only good feat he got that i can remember..and BRB..i only know of his recent feat..i don't read old comic book..he beat Stardust..got a beat down from Surfer..team up with Thor and beat a crazy powerful woman super skrull..so..my knowledge about BRB is limited and base on that i'll still give Magog the win..

Martian_mind
Magog didn't do any of that, that was Gog.

Apparently you don't know anyone in this thread too well.

Slaanesh
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Magog didn't do any of that, that was Gog.

Apparently you don't know anyone in this thread too well.

oh shit..i mix them up..Gog was the big guy right..the god..and the one who revive him was Magog..i was talking about him..and the one with midnite was the second magog..the one created by Gog..he doesn't have any decent feat before he was depowered by Gog..my bad..

Q99
There's two Gogs. Gog-William, human size, high herald to low Trans level, kinda crazy, and a villain (who also has an alt version in The Kingdom who was stronger still), who has no cybernetics and both eyes, and a symmetrical gold torso covering, then there's Gog-3rd World God, who's huge, a full out god, and even stronger. Probably at full, once he merged with the Earth, he'd be Skyfather.

Then there's Magog, who looks sorta like Gog, but has one eye and part of his torso is cybernetics as well as one arm, with a shoulder pad on the other side. He's mid-herald and kinda a jerk but not a villain.

Long story short, here's the progression- Gog-William got his powers from the sleeping Gog, whom he worshipped, apparently without God-Gog's knowledge. After being beaten by the JSA, he went back to the sleeping Gog, who absorbed him completely, powers and person, in the process of waking up, no more Gog-William. Gog then saw David Reid of the JSA, saw him dying, and was like, "Hey, you're kinda cool, I'm going to make you my Herald," and turned him into Magog.

He did not get depowered by Gog at any point, and it was noted it was unusual how even when Gog's other gifts went away upon his death Magog's did not. In his series there was some talk of him being possessed by a Magog-entity that changed him and that Gog had imprisoned inside of him.

Then he was killed.

That is the story of Gog, Gog, and Magog.

Slaanesh
Originally posted by Q99
He did not get depowered by Gog at any point, and it was noted it was unusual how even when Gog's other gifts went away upon his death Magog's did not. In his series there was some talk of him being possessed by a Magog-entity that changed him and that Gog had imprisoned inside of him.

well..i though he was depowered when he betrayed Gog and Gog was starting to take back his gift or after he was dead..i don't remember too well and too lazy to read it again..but in his own series..he doesn't seems so powerful for someone with KC Supes level of strength and Alan energy output..so i just assume he was depowered..

Q99
His power didn't particularly change before or after.

They were worried about Gog taking back his gift mostly because it'd mean he'd, y'know, die smile

Slaanesh
Originally posted by Q99
His power didn't particularly change before or after.

They were worried about Gog taking back his gift mostly because it'd mean he'd, y'know, die smile

well..he didn't really do anything before Gog death so there's nothing to compare to..i'm just saying for someone with KC Supes strength he looks weak in his own series..he seems to be on Power Girl level of strength..

Q99
Well like Mid-nite said, 'approaching.' Didn't say how close he approached smile

The destruction caused by Atom and his clash was pretty impressive, though.

Slaanesh
Originally posted by Q99
Well like Mid-nite said, 'approaching.' Didn't say how close he approached smile

The destruction caused by Atom and his clash was pretty impressive, though.

yeah..u're probably rite..maybe he's around that level all along..

if i'm not mistaken..that destruction was because his staff explode..that staff hold some massive energy for sure..

Galan007
Sweet sig, Galan Muchos gracias. smile

Batman-Prime
BRB, cooler, better, more handsome.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.