The mystery of Jedi Master Sifo-Dyas

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sith Stalker
so srry to break it to all of you but master sifo dyas is not the emporer, dooku, or any other sith lord that you my think of but what he really was is a jedi and anakins father. and i qoute this from obiwan kenobi is that "Master Sifo-Dyas, WAS killed almost ten years ago." so to think of it this way he was killed by dooku so dooku can use some of his blood to allow greivious to know how to use a lightsabre and be able to fight with one. also master sifo dyas was a human and master yodas teacher when yoda was young. he order the clones because he saw the future and knew that there would be a war. also you know how anakin sees his mother and padme dying in hi dreams is also the same way as master sifo dyas saw things. when he found out about there future war he requested the clone army and didnt tell anyone about it. also he new that dooku woul go bad and tried to stop him from leaving the order dooku got pissed and killed master sifo dyas. thousallowing the cloners to clone the army with out dooku noing that much and yes jango was recruited by a man named tryannus which indeed is dooku but dooku didnt know tha it would be for in army, only did the dark lord himself new thats why when the emporer found out what sifo dyas was doing he had dooku kill him and told jango to make sure that the cloners implanted the order 66 in the end. so to think of it jedi master sifo dyas tried to help the republic was killed and could not tell the counsol in time and ended up getting killed.

thanks for listing and take what i said into considiration about sifo dyas and look thru the history of star wars and realize that it is true.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
I don't want to be rude but...

first of all, fix your sentences. from spelling to punctuation marks. please - I almost didn't read all that stuff. Come to think of it - I regret even reading it.

second - no expression that is just.. absurd.

...there you go.

Sith Stalker
im srry i cant spell or use punctuation at all, and second i dont care if you cant read what i write, and honestly i dont care what you think of my writing and it is not absurd

Mandrag Ganon
Originally posted by Sith Stalker
thousallowing the cloners to clone the army with out dooku noing that much and yes jango was recruited by a man named tryannus which indeed is dooku but dooku didnt know tha it would be for in army, only did the dark lord himself new thats why when the emporer found out what sifo dyas was doing he had dooku kill him and told jango to make sure that the cloners implanted the order 66 in the end.

...What?... Is that supposed to be a sentence?

Originally posted by Jaeh.is.Awesome
I don't want to be rude but...

first of all, fix your sentences. from spelling to punctuation marks. please - I almost didn't read all that stuff. Come to think of it - I regret even reading it.

second - no expression that is just.. absurd.

...there you go.

Indeed. no expression

im srry i cant spell or use punctuation at all, and second i dont care if you cant read what i write, and honestly i dont care what you think of my writing and it is not absurd

How are we supposed to know what you are trying to say if we can't tell what you did say...? Also, how are we supposed to give what you say any credence (If we were able to divine any meaning out of that jumbled mess) when you admittedly can't spell or use punctuation at the age of 18 (That is if your birthdate on your profile is correct.)

Jaeh.is.Awesome

Firstly, if you really don't care, then why did you post it? That doesn't make any sense at all. Even MG couldn't understand your post. Other members might not be able to understand it, too. What's the point of posting something if people don't understand it?

Secondly, this: Originally posted by Mandrag Ganon
How are we supposed to know what you are trying to say if we can't tell what you did say...? Also, how are we supposed to give what you say any credence (If we were able to divine any meaning out of that jumbled mess) when you admittedly can't spell or use punctuation at the age of 18 (That is if your birthdate on your profile is correct.) >> this, and you really think we'd take you seriously if we don't understand a thing you just said?

Thirdly, it IS absurd, because that is NOT what happened in the Star Wars Universe (according to Lucas, no less), if I understood your post correctly. And the "sentence" MG posted was something I didn't understand (and didn't make any sense). It WOULD and MAY be interesting IF you posted your post in an understandable manner.

Fourthly, I'm being nice to you. There are worse members you can encounter - and they'd totally diss your... erm, "style" of writing (even more). So be happy you encountered me first. And seriously dude - your writing is... incomprehensible.

queeq
I didn't see any style...

~:Mr.Anderson:~
so srry to break it to all of you but master sifo dyas is not the emporer, dooku, or any other sith lord that you my think of but what he really was is a jedi and anakins father. and i qoute this from obiwan kenobi is that "Master Sifo-Dyas, WAS killed almost ten years ago." so to think of it this way he was killed by dooku so dooku can use some of his blood to allow greivious to know how to use a lightsabre and be able to fight with one. also master sifo dyas was a human and master yodas teacher when yoda was young. he order the clones because he saw the future and knew that there would be a war. also you know how anakin sees his mother and padme dying in hi dreams is also the same way as master sifo dyas saw things. when he found out about there future war he requested the clone army and didnt tell anyone about it. also he new that dooku woul go bad and tried to stop him from leaving the order dooku got pissed and killed master sifo dyas. thousallowing the cloners to clone the army with out dooku noing that much and yes jango was recruited by a man named tryannus which indeed is dooku but dooku didnt know tha it would be for in army, only did the dark lord himself new thats why when the emporer found out what sifo dyas was doing he had dooku kill him and told jango to make sure that the cloners implanted the order 66 in the end. so to think of it jedi master sifo dyas tried to help the republic was killed and could not tell the counsol in time and ended up getting killed.

thanks for listing and take what i said into considiration about sifo dyas and look thru the history of star wars and realize that it is true. Good Idea, but i don't think syfo dias has the midi-chlorians. We believe that darth plageous, obviously sidious's master, who was "Capable of creating life" created a force child before his death at the hands of sidious.

That child was anakin.

I don't think jedis are allowed to sneak off to tattooine and get with slave girls. Then again, it does make some sense.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Originally posted by queeq
I didn't see any style...

I know, I was trying to be nice. erm

Originally posted by ~:Mr.Anderson:~
Good Idea, but i don't think syfo dias has the midi-chlorians. We believe that darth plageous, obviously sidious's master, who was "Capable of creating life" created a force child before his death at the hands of sidious.

That child was anakin.

I don't think jedis are allowed to sneak off to tattooine and get with slave girls. Then again, it does make some sense.

congratulations: you understood it! can you explain the last part with the clones, please? >>.

~:Mr.Anderson:~
apparently, our good non punctuation gramar impaired person believes that master syfo-dias fortold the future and knew that there was going to be war, so he ordered the clone army on behalf of the republic without telling anyone. After this, sidious and dooku killed him due to the fact that when the army was completed, it would answer to syfo dias and the jedi order rather than the republic/empire, and this wouldn't do.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Ah.

well, that IS quite a good deduction. The Sifo-Dyas thing is still a mystery right? did GL say anything else about that dude?

I once thought that sifo-dyas was just some long dead dude that Dooku took on the identity of to make the clone army "on behalf of the jedi and the republic.

the rest of the stuff about anakin being born by sifo-dyas and what not is pretty far-fetched though, IMHO. but the clone thing sounds interesting...

Hybris
Wrong again, Sifo-Dyas was a close friend of Dooku and Dooku had to kill him to show that he trully was prepared to pledge himself to Sidious' teachings. This is all explained in Labyrinth of Evil by James Luceno.
As for the blood, Dooku did try to give Grievous the blood of Sifo-Dyas, but it did not work, Grievous didn't receive any Force abilities.

Yoda is around 800 years old at the time of Sifo-Dyas' death. No human ever attained that age, not even in Star Wars.

Just go read Labyrinth of Evil by James Luceno and you'll know the truth.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Originally posted by Hybris

Just go read Labyrinth of Evil by James Luceno and you'll know the truth.

according to EU, anyway.

Hybris
Ofcourse.

Sith Stalker
so just to tell you guys i am 18 years old ok. i lived in reno nevada and moved here to colorado when i was four years old and that was fourteen years ago. and yes i cant do any fancy things like make good sentences because i cant spell for shit ok. im not good at grammar and it is the last thing i will ever be good at.

and i can see where most of you are coming from but if yada can live for 800 years then maybe Sifo Dyas was yodas first student he ever tuaght. But he Dooku did use the blood of Sifo Dyas to make Grevious be able to use a lightsabre and not the force thou.

So pleace excuse my spelling aand shit and stop making fun of what i wrote because i dont make fun of others writing.

AND YES IM 18, jerks.

Sith Stalker
also sorry for messing up on a few things in what i just posted

Mandrag Ganon
Originally posted by ~:Mr.Anderson:~
apparently, our good non punctuation gramar impaired person believes that master syfo-dias fortold the future and knew that there was going to be war, so he ordered the clone army on behalf of the republic without telling anyone. After this, sidious and dooku killed him due to the fact that when the army was completed, it would answer to syfo dias and the jedi order rather than the republic/empire, and this wouldn't do.

AH! Now it makes sence. And it's not a bad theory...

so just to tell you guys i am 18 years old ok. i lived in reno nevada and moved here to colorado when i was four years old and that was fourteen years ago. and yes i cant do any fancy things like make good sentences because i cant spell for shit ok. im not good at grammar and it is the last thing i will ever be good at.

and i can see where most of you are coming from but if yada can live for 800 years then maybe Sifo Dyas was yodas first student he ever tuaght. But he Dooku did use the blood of Sifo Dyas to make Grevious be able to use a lightsabre and not the force thou.

So pleace excuse my spelling aand shit and stop making fun of what i wrote because i dont make fun of others writing.

AND YES IM 18, jerks.

Indeed, and allow me to give you a small bit of advice. Life will go by alot more smoothly if you learn simple spelling and grammar, especially if you post on message boards. I, personally, have a hard time understanding, and much less respecting the views of someone who can't even spell simple words or write a simple sentance. Oh, and welcome to KMC. big grin

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Originally posted by Mandrag Ganon
AH! Now it makes sense. And it's not a bad theory...

Indeed, and allow me to give you a small bit of advice. Life will go by alot more smoothly if you learn simple spelling and grammar, especially if you post on message boards. I, personally, have a hard time understanding, and much less respecting the views of someone who can't even spell simple words or write a simple sentance. Oh, and welcome to KMC. big grin

indeed.

what he said.

I for one am a writer, so I kind of get...you know... a bit of a grammar nazi when it comes to these sort of things. >>. and the fact that I don't have English as my first language helps, too.

Mandrag Ganon
indeed.

what he said.

I for one am a writer, so I kind of get...you know... a bit of a grammar nazi when it comes to these sort of things. >>. and the fact that I don't have English as my first language helps, too.

Really? I never knew that. I write as well (But I am not that good at it, I try to keep to good grammer, but I am not good at description) mostly I read, and I read ALOT. Infact my current sig and Avatar are from the book series I have been reading for about a year. I am 9 books into it with 2 books to go, great series, but we are getting off topic...

Hybris
But Dooku did use the blood of Sifo Dyas to make Grevious be able to use a lightsabre and not the force thou.

I quote directly from ROTS: "You Fool. I have been trained in your Jedi Arts... by Count Dooku."

He says TRAINED, not: "You Fool. I've been given Jedi blood... by Count Dooku."

Grievous was a skilled and agile warrior before he had his cyborg 'improvements'. Dooku taught him the art of lightsaber combat and Grievous taught it to his bodyguards.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Originally posted by Mandrag Ganon
Really? I never knew that. I write as well (But I am not that good at it, I try to keep to good grammer, but I am not good at description) mostly I read, and I read ALOT. Infact my current sig and Avatar are from the book series I have been reading for about a year. I am 9 books into it with 2 books to go, great series, but we are getting off topic...

I'm currently "reduced" to fanfiction writing; college tends to suck most creativity from my brain for papers and what not >>. (but, not that I'm bragging, but they say I'm sort of good at it - at least, according to reviewers. and betas >.&ltwink reading's great - what book series is that?

----

anyway, back on topic: so, GL canon wise, does this work? (of course it doesn't. but any possibilities?)

Mandrag Ganon
I'm currently "reduced" to fanfiction writing; college tends to suck most creativity from my brain for papers and what not >>. (but, not that I'm bragging, but they say I'm sort of good at it - at least, according to reviewers. and betas >.&ltwink reading's great - what book series is that?

----

anyway, back on topic: so, GL canon wise, does this work? (of course it doesn't. but any possibilities?)

The Sword of Truth My sig and avatar comes from my favorite book, which is a part of that series.

I don't write fan fiction either (Though when I was 14-15 I tried writing a Star Wars book set after KotOR, but I got 2 sentences in and realised that it wasn't going to work... Ironically I found those 2 sentences yesterday...) Myself, I have been working on a MASSIVE project for the last 6 years which is best described as a Mythopoeia

Anyway, back on topic: The thing about Sifo Dias seeing the future war and going to have the army made without ever telling the Republic could work, and GL gave us practically nothing except that Sifo Dias died 10 years ago and ordered the Republic's army.

queeq
Watch the EU, guys.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Watch the EU, guys.

I did say GL-canon-wise, not EU-wise... *shrug*

Mandrag Ganon
Watch the EU, guys.

Yea, but GL Canon doesn't give you a blasted thing to work with... Movie wise Syfo-Dias was a Jedi who ordered the creation of the clones and died 10 years ago. The end. mystery solved. As far as George Lucas is concerned...

~JP~

AND YES IM 18, jerks.

Well sweetheart, Im 48 and I taught high school English for over 20 years and if thats the best you can do in terms of expressing your thoughts via the written word I'd say go back to school because everything you've written rates a big fat "F". No one wants to read an opinion if the person expressing the opinion cant form a complete sentence. And for the record, you're wrong regarding Sifo-Dyas.

Shey Tapani
I did say GL-canon-wise, not EU-wise... *shrug*

There was a young Palpy novel in works but it was cancelled later.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Plagueis_novel

A Darth Plagueis novel was scheduled to be written by James Luceno and released in October 2008 by Del Rey about Darth Plagueis and his backstory. In an interview with Star Wars Insider magazine, Luceno said that he would like to write a future novel dealing with the search for immortality that both Qui-Gon Jinn and Darth Plagueis embarked upon in their own separate ways. However, in a talk show interview in February 5, 2007, he indicated that the novel was currently on hold due to issues surrounding the revelation of Palpatine's backstory and Expanded Universe continuity concerns. On March 27, 2007, Sue Rostoni revealed in her blog that the novel has been cancelled, in an entry revealing an updated publishing schedule. She stated the following: "I'm sure you've noticed that the Plagueis novel is not listed. It's true. The novel has been cancelled. We decided that this was not the right time to delve into Palpatine's back story and Plagueis's beginnings. You'll still see Jim Luceno around, though, as he's an author we are not willing to lose." ― Sue Rostoni The announcements for the novel stated that Plagueis was a Muun. Leland Chee has confirmed that, since Plagueis's species did not originate in the novel, it is still considered his canonical species by Lucas Licensing. The novel was replaced with Darth Bane: Rule of Two; however, Luceno has said he still hopes he can convince the powers that be at LucasFilm to let him write the novel, and cited sales of Millennium Falcon could help influence that.

biv95
I'm thinking that it was all part of Palpatines grand scheme for Sith power. Palpatine is not only the Supreme Chancellor for the Republic but, in many ways, the mastermind behind the seperatists, having Dooku do his bidding. 'Palpatine' gets an army to destroy the droid seperatists army and then 'Sidious' uses the same army to destroy an already weakened Jedi Order and begin the Empire.
Anyway, to tie this in to Sifo-Dyas, perhaps, and again this is all speculation, that Sidius used what was maybe the natural death of Syfo-Dias (or perhaps a death caused by the Sith) for conveniant opportunity. Sidius gets Dooku to demand the clone army for the Republic guised as Syfo-Dias. This allows Palpatine to seem to innocently come across an army he has 'no idea about' and put it to use against the seperatists (whose army, in ways, is also created by the grander plans of Palpatine/Sidious). Sidious uses both armies to create Galactic War, eventually shutting down and destroying the droid army and replacing it with the more intelligent clone army.

andyryall
if all those out there moaning about this guys grammar were intelligent enough to know it is missing, surely you could put it in mentally while you read it. That is if you are able to multi-task

queeq
The Syfo-Dyas story is a silly one, a weird construct from Lucas, which prolly has a clever backstory, but since we never learn anything about it, it is rather lame.

CalebStoneCrowe
In Star Wars Episode One, Anakin's mother says "There was no father. I carried him, I gave birth to him...I can't explain what happened."

focus4chumps
Originally posted by CalebStoneCrowe
In Star Wars Episode One, Anakin's mother says "There was no father. I carried him, I gave birth to him...I can't explain what happened."

also vader was luke's father, soilent green was people, and rosebud was actually a sled. on that note...wut?

Lord Lucien
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/spoiler_alert.png

queeq
laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.