Thanos Vs Zeus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SouthSpawn
No rules, who wins!!!

vansonbee
Zeus on 1 vs 1 confrontation !

iceman24567
Thanos probably wins only by cheating though erm

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by iceman24567
Thanos probably wins only by cheating though erm

Thanos never cheats during a one v one confrontation big grin

iceman24567
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Thanos never cheats during a one v one confrontation big grin Thats what he wants people to think wink

Survivor19
Thanos dominates the kid.

The Nuul
Thanos stomps.

Lord Feron
DC Zeus or Marvel Zeus?

iceman24567
Both at the same time?

DarkOdin
Zeus wins 10/10

Thanos is no skyfather

iceman24567
Originally posted by DarkOdin
Zeus wins 10/10

Thanos is no skyfather Says who?

Survivor19
Even with regular Zeus that was debetable, seeing as Odin was struggling to put Thanos down.
And, according to the rules, we have current Zeus here. And that makes it spite in Thanos' favor.

DarkOdin
Says who? Odin

DarkOdin
Originally posted by Survivor19
Even with regular Zeus that was debetable, seeing as Odin was struggling to put Thanos down.
And, according to the rules, we have current Zeus here. And that makes it spite in Thanos' favor.

Odin struggling not really current Zues yes your right i forgot he is a kid. embarrasment

Unless we are talking about D/C version

iceman24567
Odin Thanos is at least skyfather level no expression

DarkOdin
Thanos is at least skyfather level no expression

Considering he wasn't able to harm Odin or the fact that Odin manhandle him makes thanos a skyfather?

Thanos is somewhere above high herald and below a skyfather.

subskyfather sure but not a skyfather.

thanos-prime
Considering he wasn't able to harm Odin or the fact that Odin manhandle him makes thanos a skyfather?

Thanos is somewhere above high herald and below a skyfather.

subskyfather sure but not a skyfather. i doubt thanos was trying to hurt him his intentions for going there were not to fight odin but to ask him to cure thor

DarkOdin
Originally posted by thanos-prime
i doubt thanos was trying to hurt him his intentions for going there were not to fight odin but to ask him to cure thor

So when Thanos tried to blast Odin with is power cosmic he was not trying to harm him.

Thanos went into the fight knowing Odin would not welcome them with open arms.

I will agree he went into the fight knowing he was the underdog but he did fight back b/c not going all out maybe but he was not pulling and punches

thanos-prime
So when Thanos tried to blast Odin with is power cosmic he was not trying to harm him.

I will agree he went into the fight knowing he was the underdog but he did fight back b/c not going all out maybe but he was not pulling and punches thanos doesn't use the power cosmic and i believe if he was really trying to harm him hence going all out he could have knocked him out we have never really seen him go all out

Nihilist
Thanos could prolly just take the majority from adult Zeus.

Current kid Zeus get stomped.

KuRuPT Thanosi

I will agree he went into the fight knowing he was the underdog but he did fight back b/c not going all out maybe but he was not pulling and punches

Its obvious Thanos was trying to harm Odin and fight back. Odin at that point was just too much. However, Thanos clearly wasn't going all out.. He never utilized his shields for example which could've taken a lot of those shots he was hit with. That battled seemed to me anyways, like thanos and odin just exchanging shots to see who would be left standing. For God's sake Thanos just walks right through Odin's "i'm going to put you down" gungnir shot, when really that wasn't needed. He was just trying to prove a point it seemed. Clearly, to me Odin was on a little higher level then.. but Thanos has done through upgrades since that fight and I would be a close battle now imo.

DarkOdin
Its obvious Thanos was trying to harm Odin and fight back. Odin at that point was just too much. However, Thanos clearly wasn't going all out.. He never utilized his shields for example which could've taken a lot of those shots he was hit with. That battled seemed to me anyways, like thanos and odin just exchanging shots to see who would be left standing. For God's sake Thanos just walks right through Odin's "i'm going to put you down" gungnir shot, when really that wasn't needed. He was just trying to prove a point it seemed. Clearly, to me Odin was on a little higher level then.. but Thanos has done through upgrades since that fight and I would be a close battle now imo.

I gree for the must part the whole battle seemed like a giant pissing contest between the too. I don't think either side went all out. We have seen Odin laying down more powerful blows "galaxy effecting" and we have seen thanos give Galactus a joy ride across the moon but until Thanos "even with his upgrades" comes back and puts some more feats/showings under his belt he IMO well be only a subskyfather level.

iceman24567
IMO he is at least skyfather level

KuRuPT Thanosi
IMO he is at least skyfather level thumb up

SouthSpawn
I am not talking about Kid Zeus.

I don't know who that even is.

I am talking about Herc's father Zeus.

DarkOdin
Originally posted by SouthSpawn
I am not talking about Kid Zeus.

I don't know who that even is.

I am talking about Herc's father Zeus.

Kid zeus is Herc's faher. He took a sip of water in hades and it turned him into a kid again with no memories of his adult life and who he was.

Since you mean adult Zeus marvel or D/C

iceman24567
thumb up Like i need a Thanos fanboy to agree with me roll eyes (sarcastic) wink

KuRuPT Thanosi
Like i need a Thanos fanboy to agree with me roll eyes (sarcastic) wink

Thanos fan boy... where? stick out tongue

nicamarvin
IMO he is at least skyfather level could he fair well(maybe not wining but doing ok) against Classic Atum demogorge?

iceman24567
Originally posted by nicamarvin
could he fair well(maybe not wining but doing ok) against Classic Atum demogorge? no expression make a thread and find out.

vansonbee
Thanos dominates the kid. Originally posted by Nihilist
Thanos could prolly just take the majority from adult Zeus.

Current kid Zeus get stomped.
Totally forgot about this one lolz.

Current get stomp stick out tongue

SouthSpawn
Kid zeus is Herc's faher. He took a sip of water in hades and it turned him into a kid again with no memories of his adult life and who he was.

Since you mean adult Zeus marvel or D/C

Pretty cool picture over here.

It's also kind of funny.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/kid-zeus-vs-statick-shok/412656/

SoulDevourer
Thanos is at least skyfather level no expression u mean Thanos with a cube? confused

The Nuul
Originally posted by SoulDevourer
u mean Thanos with a cube? confused

No, thats LT level.

quanchi112
Thanos wins.

Prep-Man
Zeus.

iceman24567
Zeus

h1a8
Thanos is clearly below skyfather. That isn't debatable.

iceman24567
Originally posted by h1a8
Thanos is clearly below skyfather. That isn't debatable. Ah because you say so? laughing

guy222
Zeus at his best should win

h1a8
Ah because you say so? laughing

That's right. You didn't know?

Stoic
Zeus' classic battle with Thor clearly illustrates that he is below Odin in power. Thanos is clearly above Thor as well, so this fight may be closer than many are willing to admit. Thanos is cooler though, because he puts asses in seats!

zinaldo
Zeus is below odin in power how can that be, the god of all olympians,weaker than odin, i know odin is strong but he has shown that he can die,to me zeus is a god and i cannot see how thanos would be able to defeat him,maybe the kid yeah.

jalek moye
Originally posted by zinaldo
Zeus is below odin in power how can that be, the god of all olympians,weaker than odin, i know odin is strong but he has shown that he can die,to me zeus is a god and i cannot see how thanos would be able to defeat him,maybe the kid yeah. Zues died also

Stoic
Originally posted by jalek moye
Zues died also

Hercules almost did too... which shows that Olympians aren't truly immortal. Odin had no trouble dealing with Thor of classic days, Zeus however had problems. Thanos IMO could take him, it wouldn't be a walk in the park, but Thanos would win.

Kris Blaze
Zeus, but it's close.

Originally posted by zinaldo
Zeus is below odin in power how can that be, the god of all olympians,weaker than odin, i know odin is strong but he has shown that he can die,to me zeus is a god and i cannot see how thanos would be able to defeat him,maybe the kid yeah.

Zeus is dead, Einstein.

DarkOdin
Originally posted by Stoic
Zeus' classic battle with Thor clearly illustrates that he is below Odin in power. Thanos is clearly above Thor as well, so this fight may be closer than many are willing to admit. Thanos is cooler though, because he puts asses in seats!

Well you missed the whole point of there battle Zeus was testing Thor more then anything not trying to kill him.

Stoic
Well you missed the whole point of there battle Zeus was testing Thor more then anything not trying to kill him.

And Thanos was playing with Thor before his first death at the hands of Adam Warlocks spirit... this was also at a time when Thanos was much weaker.

Kris Blaze
And Thanos was playing with Thor before his first death at the hands of Adam Warlocks spirit... this was also at a time when Thanos was much weaker.

Playing with Thor? Seem to recall Thor hitting Thanos and him going down. I guess "playing with" is what we call fighting these days.

Nor do you seem to understand what transpired between Thor and Zeus. Thanos knocked down Thor as fast as he could, though just temporarily and that was pretty much the end of that. Zeus wanted to test Thor's strength and fought just above Thor's level for several weeks.

Endless Mike
Kid Zeus has hardly shown any of his power so far

gogogadgetgo

odin was struggling? last i looked, Odin looked fresh as a daisy while thanos had his ass handed to him pretty badly. if the fight continued, thanos would have met death again.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Zeus. Based on?

Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Zeus, but it's close.

Zeus is dead, Einstein. What has Zeus done to prove he can take Thanos.

Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
odin was struggling? last i looked, Odin looked fresh as a daisy while thanos had his ass handed to him pretty badly. if the fight continued, thanos would have met death again. Odin was obviously damaged somewhat. he wasn't just walking through his blasts. He was winning the fight but to say how it would have finished is speculation. Odin respected Thanos and did not put him down. Odin admitted he wanted to kill Thanos as well. Zeus couldn't hope to stand with Odin.

KuRuPT Thanosi
does anyone have the scans of Zeus atomozing Thor and some other Olympian who were fighting with each other? The battle between Thor and Zeus wasn't Zeus fighting at full power. It was Zeus testing Thor and coming down to his level to test his will and strength

Kris Blaze
odin was struggling? last i looked, Odin looked fresh as a daisy while thanos had his ass handed to him pretty badly. if the fight continued, thanos would have met death again.

For some reason, a lot of people think the battle would have turned completely. Thanos-crew likes to think that Thanos would've suddenly become capable of hurting Odin facepalm

quanchi112
For some reason, a lot of people think the battle would have turned completely. Thanos-crew likes to think that Thanos would've suddenly become capable of hurting Odin facepalm Battles change all the time when they are looking one way. Look at spectre and shazam. Spectre looked all but defeated and then crushed shazam. We just don't know if Thanos would have abandoned his blast and trade blows tactics or not.

bbrem123

thanos was showing how durable he was and that he could take everything odin could dish out...and i think he proved his point like he wanted...he wasnt fighting normal at all...walking through a blast from someone close to you in power is gonna hurt no matter what

DarkOdin
Originally posted by quanchi112

Odin was obviously damaged somewhat. he wasn't just walking through his blasts. He was winning the fight but to say how it would have finished is speculation. Odin respected Thanos and did not put him down. Odin admitted he wanted to kill Thanos as well. Zeus couldn't hope to stand with Odin.

The only thingObvisous you are a liar. Thanos failed to hurt Odin in any way. Which you all ready know.

D-Block

Exactly. Zeus FTW

D-Block
Originally posted by bbrem123
thanos was showing how durable he was and that he could take everything odin could dish out...and i think he proved his point like he wanted...he wasnt fighting normal at all...walking through a blast from someone close to you in power is gonna hurt no matter what

That's just it Odin did not show his true power either.

bbrem123
Originally posted by D-Block
That's just it Odin did not show his true power either.

so saying he hasnt fought someone like that in eons means he wasnt trying...hmm

Wild Shadow
thanos should be capable of taking the majority and making more likely and easier and taking more wins using his tech and powers that he failed to use on odin.

Lord Feron
kid zeus aint doing shit to Thanos... The kid barely understands his powers or what they are... I f anything he is going to try to just throw lighting bolts at thanos. IMO a child with little understanding of his own powers aint gonna take down the titan.

Wild Shadow
thanos shields should easily be able to withstand Zeus's best shot even in his prime.

quanchi112
The only thingObvisous you are a liar. Thanos failed to hurt Odin in any way. Which you all ready know. Odin was bracing himself with his blasts. He wasn't as beat up as Thanos was at that point but Thanos' blasts weren't feeling good.Originally posted by D-Block
Exactly. Zeus FTW How does that translate to Zeus winning?Originally posted by D-Block
That's just it Odin did not show his true power either. Why?

h1a8
Hercules almost did too... which shows that Olympians aren't truly immortal. Odin had no trouble dealing with Thor of classic days, Zeus however had problems. Thanos IMO could take him, it wouldn't be a walk in the park, but Thanos would win.

ABC logic doesn't always translate well. In Thor's own comic of course he will give Zeus some trouble. In a neutral comic, or even in a Zues one (if there ever existed one), Zeus would destroy Thor with a mere gesture. Also, Odin should have beaten Thanos with a mere gesture too. The fact that he didn't proves the writer knows nothing of Odin. I mean Odin could curse Thanos' arms to never be lifted again and it will be so. Thanos couldn't do anything about it by the simple fact he can't lift Mjolnir.

He could probably curse Thanos' eyes to be closed forever. Odin is no joke.

DarkOdin
Odin was bracing himself with his blasts. He wasn't as beat up as Thanos was at that point but Thanos' blasts weren't feeling good. How does that translate to Zeus winning? Why?

Odin braced himself from only one blast when he double crossed his arms.

NO harm to Odin like said before Thanos blast did nothing as shown at the end of the fight.

Thanos loses

DarkOdin
ABC logic doesn't always translate well. In Thor's own comic of course he will give Zeus some trouble. In a neutral comic, or even in a Zues one (if there ever existed one), Zeus would destroy Thor with a mere gesture. .

Actually Zeus shown how powerful he was a few times Like when the dark God to over Asgard and disguised as the asgardians attack Olympus. Zeus with a gesture sent Hercules and Thor away.

Also we have the time Odin himself took away Thor godhood. Zeus himself gave Thor his godhood back he easily undid what Odin had done why b/c they are close in power levels both being sky-fathers unlike Thanos who is not.

DarkOdin
Originally posted by Lord Feron
kid zeus aint doing shit to Thanos... The kid barely understands his powers or what they are... I f anything he is going to try to just throw lighting bolts at thanos. IMO a child with little understanding of his own powers aint gonna take down the titan.
I agree but the OP stated thaaat this is not kid Zeus.

Nihilist
Odin braced himself from only one blast when he double crossed his arms.

NO harm to Odin like said before Thanos blast did nothing as shown at the end of the fight.

Thanos loses So you are going to ignore the fact that Thanos has the power to knock Galactus flying,compared to what happened against Odin,adding to the fact that he may have been upgraded along the way.

IIRC didnt Zeus struggle with a weak Zuras.

Kris Blaze
They both fired off one attack, which stalemated.

Nihilist
They both fired off one attack, which stalemated. Wasnt Zuras in a depowered state/weak of some sort.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Nihilist
Wasnt Zuras in a depowered state/weak of some sort.

No.

Not that it makes much of a difference, it was one attack.

Sin I AM
hmmmmmm......off topic, since some people here seem to think Thanos is sub-skyfather, where do you all rate Darkseid since he is beneath Thanos

btw 5/5

Nihilist
No.

Not that it makes much of a difference, it was one attack. You sure.

It makes a difference.

Lostedge
i thought this was thanos versus zeus and not thanos vs. Odin. Still thanos wins. And what i remember about the fight odin vs thanos, thanos was just testing odin ... Thanos and his shields can withstand the blasts from galactus. Zeus could win maybe his clones.

Kris Blaze
You sure.

It makes a difference.

How does it make a difference. They fired one blast at eachother. You think Zuras is somehow equal to Zeus because he stalemated one of his attacks??

Nihilist
How does it make a difference. They fired one blast at eachother. You think Zuras is somehow equal to Zeus because he stalemated one of his attacks?? Not equal to him, but it shows his blasts can be dealt with by blasts of great power.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Sin I AM
hmmmmmm......off topic, since some people here seem to think Thanos is sub-skyfather, where do you all rate Darkseid since he is beneath Thanos

btw 5/5 Why do you think Zeus gets 5? This is turning into a Phantom Stranger argument with literally nothing backing up Zeus to suggest he can hang with Thanos.

ABC logic doesn't always translate well. In Thor's own comic of course he will give Zeus some trouble. In a neutral comic, or even in a Zues one (if there ever existed one), Zeus would destroy Thor with a mere gesture. Also, Odin should have beaten Thanos with a mere gesture too. The fact that he didn't proves the writer knows nothing of Odin. I mean Odin could curse Thanos' arms to never be lifted again and it will be so. Thanos couldn't do anything about it by the simple fact he can't lift Mjolnir.

He could probably curse Thanos' eyes to be closed forever. Odin is no joke. We don't debate like that. Characters get their asses kicked all the time in their own comic book. If you don't have an example of Zeus easily annihilating Thor then why act like it's a fact?

Here's why your level of debating always fails. You ignore the comics and only pay attention to how you think things should go down. I go with the comics give me and always will.

Odin is no joke but then again neither is Thanos. wink Most of the examples you gave are complete fabrications in your mind.Originally posted by Lostedge
i thought this was thanos versus zeus and not thanos vs. Odin. Still thanos wins. And what i remember about the fight odin vs thanos, thanos was just testing odin ... Thanos and his shields can withstand the blasts from galactus. Zeus could win maybe his clones. Exactly. People are falsely assuming Zeus to be on par with Odin and ignoring Thanos' final upgrade. Thanos destroys Zeus.

DarkOdin
So you are going to ignore the fact that Thanos has the power to knock Galactus flying,compared to what happened against Odin,adding to the fact that he may have been upgraded along the way.

IIRC didnt Zeus struggle with a weak Zuras.

Ya and Thor Knock a celestrial down with mjolnir, hurt Galatus with a hammer toss and a godblast.

Does that make Thor a skyfather???

jebadaya
thanos take this with a huge stomp, zeus with thor was defeated by akhenaten without any effort at all while thanos with a lot of tricks manage to defeat akhenaten , he will use all the dirty tricks he knows and beat zeus

DarkOdin
Originally posted by jebadaya
thanos take this with a huge stomp, zeus with thor was defeated by akhenaten without any effort at all while thanos with a lot of tricks manage to defeat akhenaten , he will use all the dirty tricks he knows and beat zeus

Akhenaten hand the HOTU how does tht even compare to THanos there is no prep here

Lord S
Zeus - 8/10

I don't consider Thanos to be a Skyfather.

h1a8

We don't debate like that. Characters get their asses kicked all the time in their own comic book. If you don't have an example of Zeus easily annihilating Thor then why act like it's a fact?

Here's why your level of debating always fails. You ignore the comics and only pay attention to how you think things should go down. I go with the comics give me and always will.

Odin is no joke but then again neither is Thanos. wink Most of the examples you gave are complete fabrications in your mind. Exactly. People are falsely assuming Zeus to be on par with Odin and ignoring Thanos' final upgrade. Thanos destroys Zeus.

Do you think comics in them-self is the absolute truth? Please answer.

If so then that is your weakness.

This because comics have contradictions due to Artistic License (A term you fail to understand or even research). This lack of understanding forces you to pick and choose which feats you like and which you don't like instead of understanding the principle of a character based off the multitude and history of showings. This is why Spider-man is class 10-15 and not class 100.
This is why Zeus and Odin are so far above Thanos that Thanos is an insect to them.

For crying out loud, both Zeus and Odin proved that with a mere gesture they can take away Thor's powers and restore them at will. Odin with a simple enchantment can make a mere 40lb object unliftable by anyone (including a very enraged Hulk), virtually indestructible, command Storm and weather, grant the power of Thor, open vortexs, rearrange matter, etc.

He should easily be able to curse the mere arms of Thanos never to be lifted again and it will be so. Thanos is just a high top tier nothing more. And there is a huge gap between a top tier and a skyfather.

Survivor19
Did you just called enchantment on Mjolnir "simple"? It is anything but that, baka.

h1a8
Did you just called enchantment on Mjolnir "simple"? It is anything but that, baka.

The enchantment is not simple for mere mortal men but it is so for Odin.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Sin I AM

btw 5/5 Nah Thanos is at least low skyfather level considering his durability, tech and energy output not to mention he has telepathic abilities above most on Marvel earth. Darkseid also would be skyfather level because physically he is on par with Superman having the OE and OS makes it clear he doesn't belong in the sub skyfather category. Not to mention the fact that it takes a hell of alot to put him down for good. As for this battle I'm giving Zeus the benefit of the doubt he wins 7/10 IMO

The Nuul
Thanos 6/10

Zeus aint no Odin.

iceman24567
Your mom aint Odin either but I'd bang her eek!

The Nuul
I charge 40/hr and must be paid up front.

iceman24567
I dont pay unless I get my nut brah erm

DarkOdin
Originally posted by The Nuul
I charge 40/hr and must be paid up front.

I guess the saying pimping is not easy was a lie laughing out loud

quanchi112
Do you think comics in them-self is the absolute truth? Please answer.

If so then that is your weakness.

This because comics have contradictions due to Artistic License (A term you fail to understand or even research). This lack of understanding forces you to pick and choose which feats you like and which you don't like instead of understanding the principle of a character based off the multitude and history of showings. This is why Spider-man is class 10-15 and not class 100.
This is why Zeus and Odin are so far above Thanos that Thanos is an insect to them.

For crying out loud, both Zeus and Odin proved that with a mere gesture they can take away Thor's powers and restore them at will. Odin with a simple enchantment can make a mere 40lb object unliftable by anyone (including a very enraged Hulk), virtually indestructible, command Storm and weather, grant the power of Thor, open vortexs, rearrange matter, etc.

He should easily be able to curse the mere arms of Thanos never to be lifted again and it will be so. Thanos is just a high top tier nothing more. And there is a huge gap between a top tier and a skyfather. I believe we debate based on what the comics give us. This isn't powerset debating.

Ok what feats does Zeus have that puts him well above Thanos? Please answer.

I like how you want to ignore Odin's battle with Thanos. It's what terrible debaters do they ignore the actual comics because they don't like the end results.

Thanos has easily waved down Thor's hammer before and even stalemated him briefly with his power gem amp. Zeus also took on Thor to a stalemate while Thanos has always been well above Thor. Even with an amp Thor lost while Zeus traded blow after blow with Thor. Galactus can also take the Surfer's powers away but he can't just take Thanos' away now can he?

When has Odin ever done so? This is some of the most ridiculous stuff I have ever heard. Ever.

Please provide something that proves Thanos is just a high end top tier?

h1a8
I believe we debate based on what the comics give us. This isn't powerset debating. Agreed. But power sets play a huge part of the debate.

He has shown the ability to take away God hood and restore it with a mere gesture. That is enough for me. I don't think one could be a skyfather without that ability. Correct. I feel I have the right to pick and choose what things should be ignored and what things shouldn't. And I based this off the history of a character and not one instance that contradicts most of their history. I don't accept that logic for several reasons. First I don't believe that Thor with the power gem was that much more powerful than his normal self. I believe normal Thor could take it to Thanos if he is determined enough (like his fights with the celestials and the destroyer). Second, I believe Zues and Odin are so far beyond Thanos that they could possible do something nasty to Thanos with a mere gesture. Whether it be a curse, take away part or all of Thano's power, or something else that is very nasty. He's never done it to Thanos but then again the writer didn't make him even try. Either the writer didn't know what Odin is truly capable of or Odin was merely jobbing to Thanos (which is called PIS). I mean if Thanos can override any of Odin's enchantments then that means he could possibly lift Mjolnir without being worthy. But since he can't then I don't see Thanos getting over if Odin chooses to curse his arms not to be lifted or anything else very nasty. The fact that he can't beat most high end top tiers without tech. I disregard the Surfer fights because Surfer fought stupidly. Tech puts him at high end top tier.

quanchi112
Agreed. But power sets play a huge part of the debate.

He has shown the ability to take away God hood and restore it with a mere gesture. That is enough for me. I don't think one could be a skyfather without that ability. Correct. I feel I have the right to pick and choose what things should be ignored and what things shouldn't. And I based this off the history of a character and not one instance that contradicts most of their history. I don't accept that logic for several reasons. First I don't believe that Thor with the power gem was that much more powerful than his normal self. I believe normal Thor could take it to Thanos if he is determined enough (like his fights with the celestials and the destroyer). Second, I believe Zues and Odin are so far beyond Thanos that they could possible do something nasty to Thanos with a mere gesture. Whether it be a curse, take away part or all of Thano's power, or something else that is very nasty. He's never done it to Thanos but then again the writer didn't make him even try. Either the writer didn't know what Odin is truly capable of or Odin was merely jobbing to Thanos (which is called PIS). I mean if Thanos can override any of Odin's enchantments then that means he could possibly lift Mjolnir without being worthy. But since he can't then I don't see Thanos getting over if Odin chooses to curse his arms not to be lifted or anything else very nasty. The fact that he can't beat most high end top tiers without tech. I disregard the Surfer fights because Surfer fought stupidly. Tech puts him at high end top tier. Yes, but we can't make up stuff and ignore how characters match up against each other.

Whose power has he taken away that he didn't grant?

No, abc logic doesn't work here. This writer felt the gap between Odin and Thanos wasn't that big. Thanos took everything thrown his way from a determined Odin out for the kill. Thanos has also been upgraded since then.

The comic actually stated how much more powerful he was with this. he was gaining strength literally each second and was stomping Strange, the Infinity Watch, and the Surfer while using the gem. What aren't you getting?

When has Zeus defeated a worthy foe he didn't grant powers to with a mere gesture? Please inform me.

Thanos used his own tech to beat Thor with the power gem. How is that just a top tier when Thor was crushing teams of worthy adversaries? What top tier has beat him in fair combat? The Surfer is another example you want to ignore, while I don't ignore anything.

King Kandy
I believe normal Thor could take it to Thanos if he is determined enough (like his fights with the celestials and the destroyer).
His "fight" with the celestials? You mean when he completely failed to even get Exitar to notice him, WHILE he was using special equipment that amped him?

thanos-prime
Agreed. But power sets play a huge part of the debate.

He has shown the ability to take away God hood and restore it with a mere gesture. That is enough for me. I don't think one could be a skyfather without that ability. Correct. I feel I have the right to pick and choose what things should be ignored and what things shouldn't. And I based this off the history of a character and not one instance that contradicts most of their history. I don't accept that logic for several reasons. First I don't believe that Thor with the power gem was that much more powerful than his normal self. I believe normal Thor could take it to Thanos if he is determined enough (like his fights with the celestials and the destroyer). Second, I believe Zues and Odin are so far beyond Thanos that they could possible do something nasty to Thanos with a mere gesture. Whether it be a curse, take away part or all of Thano's power, or something else that is very nasty. He's never done it to Thanos but then again the writer didn't make him even try. Either the writer didn't know what Odin is truly capable of or Odin was merely jobbing to Thanos (which is called PIS). I mean if Thanos can override any of Odin's enchantments then that means he could possibly lift Mjolnir without being worthy. But since he can't then I don't see Thanos getting over if Odin chooses to curse his arms not to be lifted or anything else very nasty. The fact that he can't beat most high end top tiers without tech. I disregard the Surfer fights because Surfer fought stupidly. Tech puts him at high end top tier. please provide proof that he uses tech when he fights other top tiers

quanchi112
Originally posted by King Kandy
His "fight" with the celestials? You mean when he completely failed to even get Exitar to notice him, WHILE he was using special equipment that amped him? I don't think the guy has read one thor comic. He doesn't know he took all the asgardian souls and created the destroyer armor just for this purpose or the fact that he and two other skyfathers couldn't even phase Arishem with a combined blast. he just wikis stuff and makes up the rest.

King Kandy
It's especially funny because in the godblast thread he says penetrating Exitar's shell is meaningless, but here he is playing it up like some great feat.

quanchi112
It's especially funny because in the godblast thread he says penetrating Exitar's shell is meaningless, but here he is playing it up like some great feat. It's so hard to debate with someone who ignores the comics and wants to go based on feats. Then when you do that he still ignores certain feats and common knowledge.

King Kandy
It's so hard to debate with someone who ignores the comics and wants to go based on feats. Then when you do that he still ignores certain feats and common knowledge.
Yeah lol. That's because his policy is that he can ignore and pick between any feats that fit his argument and if the feats don't exist he can just say it's PIS that they haven't done that.

quanchi112
Yeah lol. That's because his policy is that he can ignore and pick between any feats that fit his argument and if the feats don't exist he can just say it's PIS that they haven't done that. He said adamantium bullets are no better than regular bullets. It's just pure insanity.

King Kandy
He said adamantium bullets are no better than regular bullets. It's just pure insanity.
Well I see his point that how fast they are shot also matters. But yeah he is ignoring comics to say they are no better.

quanchi112
Well I see his point that how fast they are shot also matters. But yeah he is ignoring comics to say they are no better. Speed definitely plays a factor with bullets, but to say adamanatium is no better than regular bullets just makes my brain hurt.

h1a8
He said adamantium bullets are no better than regular bullets. It's just pure insanity.

They are better when a sufficient velocity is reached. If that velocity isn't reached then they are no better than a balled up piece of paper.

In WW Hulk those were not adamantium bullets but rather adamantium shards (which are sharper). Thus is why they penetrated Hulk better than ordinary bullets.

Nihilist
Ya and Thor Knock a celestrial down with mjolnir, hurt Galatus with a hammer toss and a godblast.What's Thor have to do with this, stop avoiding the question i asked, and Galactus was in weak hungry state when Thor faced him not well fed like when Thanos did.

When did i say anything about Thanos being a skyfather, or do you mean only a skyfather has a chance of standing up against Zeus.

h1a8
His "fight" with the celestials? You mean when he completely failed to even get Exitar to notice him, WHILE he was using special equipment that amped him?

No. His fight with the smaller celestials. Of course Thor didn't have a chance. I only mention it because he fought with a great determination. I'm saying that if normal Thor used that same determination to fight Thanos then he can definitely win at least a few.

DarkOdin
What's Thor have to do with this, stop avoiding the question i asked, and Galactus was in weak hungry state when Thor faced him not well fed like when Thanos did.

When did i say anything about Thanos being a skyfather, or do you mean only a skyfather has a chance of standing up against Zeus.

The point is that Thor has enough power to knock a Galactus level being on his butt.

So Thanos knocking Galactus for a loop doesn't put him in the same tier as a skyfather.

quanchi112
They are better when a sufficient velocity is reached. If that velocity isn't reached then they are no better than a balled up piece of paper.

In WW Hulk those were not adamantium bullets but rather adamantium shards (which are sharper). Thus is why they penetrated Hulk better than ordinary bullets. Ok, then why bring it up? If they are shards then why act like they wouldn't cut through the Hulk? Are you saying they just bounce off someone like superman or ww?Originally posted by h1a8
No. His fight with the smaller celestials. Of course Thor didn't have a chance. I only mention it because he fought with a great determination. I'm saying that if normal Thor used that same determination to fight Thanos then he can definitely win at least a few. Based on what? Thor fought with insanity and determination with an amp and failed to beat Thanos. Comics support my viewpoints not yours.

Nihilist
The point is that Thor has enough power to knock a Galactus level being on his butt. A weak hungry Galactus, not a well nourished Galactus..big difference

What the hell are you talking about.

DarkOdin
A weak hungry Galactus, not a well nourished Galactus..big difference

What the hell are you talking about.

He knock a Celestrial down. this was explained next time don't wait for so long to comment on something and you would have a clue it is all back there a few pages.

Nihilist
He knock a Celestrial down. this was explained next time don't wait for so long to comment on something and you would have a clue it is all back there a few pages. So you was wrong about Thor and Galactus point being a good comparison.

The whole point was that he could not budge Odin at all, then he showed he gained the power the move a well fed Galactus, and you still say he cant live with Zeus, despite Thanos being able to trade energy shots with the Maker.

DarkOdin
So you was wrong about Thor and Galactus point being a good comparison.

The whole point was that he could not budge Odin at all, then he showed he gained the power the move a well fed Galactus, and you still say he cant live with Zeus, despite Thanos being able to trade energy shots with the Maker.

Odin was braced when Thanos attack him.

Galactus wasn't even paying attendson to Thanos and if i remember right Galactus had he back turned.

You can't compare the two.

Nihilist

Galactus wasn't even paying attendson to Thanos and if i remember right Galactus had he back turned.

You can't compare the two. Re read the Thanos/Galactus convo.

Galactus turned and was looking at Thanos, they also had a exchange of words going back and forth, with Galactus saying "i should have killed you earlier, something i will now correct"(or words to that effect).

DarkOdin
Re read the Thanos/Galactus convo.

Galactus turned and was looking at Thanos, they also had a exchange of words going back and forth, with Galactus saying "i should have killed you earlier, something i will now correct"(or words to that effect).

i was wrong on the back turn he was turning towards Thanos and got caught off gaurd as his body was turned away and his head turned toward Thanos

The something i correct now was after he got blasted once he busted thru thanos's shields

Nihilist
i was wrong on the back turn he was turning towards Thanos and got caught off gaurd as his body was turned away and his head turned toward ThanosSo do you now think he was ready for it or not.

To be expected as Galactus is far more powerful than Thanos, Odin or Zeus by a long way.

quanchi112

You can't compare the two. Galactus was talking and looking right at him while Galactus made his intentions to Thanos very clear.

spawnwest
DC Zeus or Marvel Zeus?

King Kandy
No. His fight with the smaller celestials. Of course Thor didn't have a chance. I only mention it because he fought with a great determination. I'm saying that if normal Thor used that same determination to fight Thanos then he can definitely win at least a few.
Wait what fight is this? When the destroyer fought with them? All I remember Thor doing there was breaking a mountain Arishem stood on (which did nothing).

SouthSpawn
Originally posted by spawnwest
DC Zeus or Marvel Zeus?

How would he fair Vs each Zeus in a one on one battle?

h1a8
Ok, then why bring it up? If they are shards then why act like they wouldn't cut through the Hulk? Are you saying they just bounce off someone like superman or ww? Based on what? Thor fought with insanity and determination with an amp and failed to beat Thanos. Comics support my viewpoints not yours.

Thanos used tech which was one of my initial points. If Thanos wouldn't have used tech he would have lost for sure.

King Kandy
Thanos used tech which was one of my initial points. If Thanos wouldn't have used tech he would have lost for sure.
When did he ever need tech to beat Thor. He later showed the power of the gun without needing the gun against Odin. The gun he only used because he needed to test it.

h1a8
When did he ever need tech to beat Thor. He later showed the power of the gun without needing the gun against Odin. The gun he only used because he needed to test it.

He used it on WM Thor. But just because he used the same tactic without a gun doesn't prove that they are the same strength.

Maybe the block under his own power is far weaker than the one with the gun otherwise he wouldn't have no use for the gun. I mean what will be the purpose of the gun.

King Kandy
He used it on WM Thor. But just because he used the same tactic without a gun doesn't prove that they are the same strength.

Maybe the block under his own power is far weaker than the one with the gun otherwise he wouldn't have no use for the gun. I mean what will be the purpose of the gun.
But they were stated as being nearly the same. Thanos said something like "That which trapped the son, cannot trap the father". Clearly a nonsensical statement if the two were drastically different.

quanchi112
Thanos used tech which was one of my initial points. If Thanos wouldn't have used tech he would have lost for sure. He could have bfr'd him at any time. If he kept fighting him physically Thanos knew he would have lost. The gem kept amping his strength and durability. Thanos later added the force block to his personal tech.

DarkOdin
He could have bfr'd him at any time. If he kept fighting him physically Thanos knew he would have lost. The gem kept amping his strength and durability. Thanos later added the force block to his personal tech.

bfr doesn't work too well when Thor can just teleport back If Thanos even could do it to Thor in the first place

quanchi112
bfr doesn't work too well when Thor can just teleport back If Thanos even could do it to Thor in the first place Oh, I get what you are saying. I am not saying that Thor would be completely out of his hair, but Thor let the Surfer and Warlock escape.

He was deadset on burning asgard to the ground. I don't see him coming back for Thanos until his business with that was taken care of in this mindset. By the time he got back to Thanos he'd have a better plan to deal with him.

DarkOdin
Oh, I get what you are saying. I am not saying that Thor would be completely out of his hair, but Thor let the Surfer and Warlock escape.

He was deadset on burning asgard to the ground. I don't see him coming back for Thanos until his business with that was taken care of in this mindset. By the time he got back to Thanos he'd have a better plan to deal with him.

Very True Thor was hell bent on bring Asgard down at that point and that would give Thanos some prep time and well Thanos with prep enough said.

quanchi112
Very True Thor was hell bent on bring Asgard down at that point and that would give Thanos some prep time and well Thanos with prep enough said. Yeah, because he let Pluto and Ares get flee like dogs as well as other opponents. He was a man on a mission.

h1a8
But they were stated as being nearly the same. Thanos said something like "That which trapped the son, cannot trap the father". Clearly a nonsensical statement if the two were drastically different.
Ok, good point. Now I agree. This along with Quanchi's statement about Thano's later added it to his personal power (or tech) clears it up. Don't know how I missed that logic. I just blindly assumed that since Thanos used a gun when he could have used his own power proves the gun is stronger.

Colossus-Big C
Zeus stalemated Odin in a fight which was causing ripples in the multiverse thanos is not on that level

King Kandy
A weaker clone of thanos once absorbed enough energy to damage the fabric of the universe.

zeel
Thanos is clearly below skyfather. That isn't debatable.

thanos was second only to zuras of the eternals but hes far surpassed that and zuras did well against zeus even if it was a one page deal.

Zeus dont have the feats that odin has i think thanos could mabey win.

Batman-Prime
Zeus 9/10 (not the Kid Zeus)

Thanos is Sub-Skyfather IMO

Colossus-Big C
A weaker clone of thanos once absorbed enough energy to damage the fabric of the universe. doesnt matter zeus and odin fight were damaging the multiverse

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by zeel
thanos was second only to zuras of the eternals but hes far surpassed that and zuras did well against zeus even if it was a one page deal.

Zeus dont have the feats that odin has i think thanos could mabey win. feats to put him above odin? why is zeus head over all earth pantheons in the council of god heads and not odin?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Zeus 9/10 (not the Kid Zeus)

Thanos is Sub-Skyfather IMO What has Zeus done to prove he beats Thanos 9 out of 10 times?

Colossus-Big C
What has Zeus done to prove he beats Thanos 9 out of 10 times? stalemated odin thats what

Batman-Prime
What has Zeus done to prove he beats Thanos 9 out of 10 times?

My bad, Quan you are right. Thank you for showing me my error.

Zeus 10/10

Thanks, pal. Really. smile

quanchi112
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
My bad, Quan you are right. Thank you for showing me my error.

Zeus 10/10

Thanks, pal. Really. smile So you can't answer the question. Great debating tactic!Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
stalemated odin thats what So has Thanos. Zeus also stalemated Thor.

Omega Vision
So you can't answer the question. Great debating tactic! So has Thanos. Zeus also stalemated Thor.
Thanos DID NOT ****ING STALEMATE ODIN DUMBASS! How many times do we have to go over that?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Thanos DID NOT ****ING STALEMATE ODIN DUMBASS! How many times do we have to go over that? Imo he did. Odin failed to beat him and it ended in a standoff. The only time Odin did any real damage is when he pulled out gungir and Thanos waded through a concentrated blast from it.

Omega Vision
Imo he did. Odin failed to beat him and it ended in a standoff. The only time Odin did any real damage is when he pulled out gungir and Thanos waded through a concentrated blast from it.
And that's a stalemate? Thanos didn't lay a hand on him, that's called taking a beating. A stalemate implies the blows were a two way avenue which wasn't the case.

quanchi112
And that's a stalemate? Thanos didn't lay a hand on him, that's called taking a beating. A stalemate implies the blows were a two way avenue which wasn't the case. They were blasting each other. Thanos grabbed gungir after he ran through his blasts. Blasts of a two way venue. When did Odin physically manhandle him?

Colossus-Big C
why do people say thanos stalemated odin
even worst that thor stalemated zeus???

odin was beating the crap out of thanos he just survived thats not a stalemate
Zeus was beating the crap out of thor physicaly and mentaly, and used mjolnir against him and didnt want to kill him

quanchi112
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
why do people say thanos stalemated odin
even worst that thor stalemated zeus???

odin was beating the crap out of thanos he just survived thats not a stalemate
Zeus was beating the crap out of thor physicaly and mentaly, and used mjolnir against him and didnt want to kill him Because both can be considered stalemates. Was Thor trying to kill Zeus?

Odin was definitely trying to kill Thanos and was unable to even win via ko.

Colossus-Big C
Because both can be considered stalemates. Was Thor trying to kill Zeus?

Odin was definitely trying to kill Thanos and was unable to even win via ko.

yes thor was trying to kill or defeat zeus, while zeus intentions was only to distract him

quanchi112
yes thor was trying to kill or defeat zeus, while zeus intentions was only to distract him Post proof.

Colossus-Big C
Post proof. zeus was only distracting him from interfearing with the trogan war nothing else. ill get the scans

quanchi112
zeus was only distracting him from interfearing with the trogan war nothing else. ill get the scans Which page are you referring to. I have the comic.

KuRuPT Thanosi
And that's a stalemate? Thanos didn't lay a hand on him, that's called taking a beating. A stalemate implies the blows were a two way avenue which wasn't the case.

No that isn't what a stalemate means. A stalemate means neither party was able to put the other down and the fight ends. Period. As we've seen in comics fights can take dramatic turns at any point. Often times fights look very one-sided but if they aren't finished and one side specifically even says he's not done it has concluded. Period. Now I'm not going to say Thanos would've won but the fact remains the fight didn't finish.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>