Sorry Chicago, Rio de Janeiro is better

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AngryManatee
America has lost the war on olympics, it would appear. Of course, is it really that big of a surprise?

It's true, see here

Robtard
Meh, Oympics has gotten exceedingly boring, rarely (if ever) watch it on the tele as is.

I wish they would get rid of all the nonsense garbage like Oluympic snow boarding, bicycling, walking and just go back to the basics, like the Greeks had.

AngryManatee
Originally posted by Robtard

... just go back to the basics, like the Greeks had.

You just want it that way for the naked smokin' eek!

Blinky
Meh, Oympics has gotten exceedingly boring, rarely (if ever) watch it on the tele as is.

I wish they would get rid of all the nonsense garbage like Oluympic snow boarding, bicycling, walking and just go back to the basics, like the Greeks had.

^ You know you love Curling.

Darth Jello
So why are the conservatives celebrating this as a victory considering the US just lost $20,000,000,000 in revenue?

KidRock
Good, Chicago looks boring.

I would love to go check out Rio someday..maybe the olympics would be a good time.

I will be 27 though eek!

Darth Jello
The second question is why they would want to host the Olympics in a city so dangerous that many rich people and businessmen choose to commute by helicopter?

botankus
At least for women's beach volleyball, it will be on a real beach. And I think the contestants actually have real boobs, too.

The Dark Cloud
Like all things sports somebody wins, somebody loses...eh. Personally i don't care. It's kinda a bummer about the lost revenue but it is what it is.

Having to both Rio(albiet many years ago) and Chicago I think Rio is a far more exciting place.

REXXXX
In regards to conservative 'victory,' could be that they think 'Well, Obama is from there... and the Olympics are not happening there... so HAHA.'

The Dark Cloud
Originally posted by Darth Jello
The second question is why they would want to host the Olympics in a city so dangerous that many rich people and businessmen choose to commute by helicopter?

Rio has become a very dangerous place itself in recent years. So much so it has severely impacted tourism in a very negative way.

Shakyamunison
So why are the conservatives celebrating this as a victory considering the US just lost $20,000,000,000 in revenue?

Because they hate Obama.

Darth Jello
Originally posted by The Dark Cloud
Rio has become a very dangerous place itself in recent years. So much so it has severely impacted tourism in a very negative way.

I was talking about Rio. If I was talking about Chicago I would have peppered that with a fat joke, don'tcha know.

WhoopeeDee
Congrats Brazil! I'm so glad the Olympics are going to South America. Hopefully Capoeira will finally be in the Olympics....I remember some idiots here in American once tried to get Poker into the olympics...Oh, gawd!

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by WhoopeeDee
Congrats Brazil! I'm so glad the Olympics are going to South America. Hopefully Capoeira will finally be in the Olympics....I remember some idiots here in American once tried to get Poker into the olympics...Oh, gawd!

Isn't that a first for South America?

BruceSkywalker
well since a lot of the events won't even be live, i won't watch much

inimalist
Rio?

god, this is going to be worse than olympic memorabilia made by children and stadiums build with what amounts to slave labour.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by AngryManatee
America has lost the war on olympics, it would appear. Of course, is it really that big of a surprise?

It's true, see here

A war to get the olympics? aren't the olympics about bringing the whole world together to take part in a common interest: sportsmanship and competition and not about bickering about whom should rightfully host it..

Wars divide, the Olympics unite. Who cares what city or country it's in.

And i mean war meaning the kind your talking about. The insignificant kind. Notheless it's still a war. A divider.

Some people (and places) just need to get over themselves.

Robtard

It would have been an easy in for the 'Ter'rist'.

Symmetric Chaos
Wow, surviving the host city alone will be an Olympic sport.

AngryManatee
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
A war to get the olympics? aren't the olympics about bringing the whole world together to take part in a common interest: sportsmanship and competition and not about bickering about whom should rightfully host it..

Wars divide, the Olympics unite. Who cares what city or country it's in.

And i mean war meaning the kind your talking about. The insignificant kind. Notheless it's still a war. A divider.

Some people (and places) just need to get over themselves.

confused

Darth Jello
There's a story coming out that one of the main reasons Chicago (and any future US cities) got rejected is because of the restrictive new passport policies that Bush passed and that are apparently also costing colleges tons in lost revenue as well.

Bardock42
I don't think the US should have gotten it. In the last 30 years you had the summer games twice and also two winter ones.

It is however true that South America is a shitty place.

Shakyamunison
There's a story coming out that one of the main reasons Chicago (and any future US cities) got rejected is because of the restrictive new passport policies that Bush passed and that are apparently also costing colleges tons in lost revenue as well.

laughing I was wondering the nuts would find a way to blame Bush. laughing laughing laughing

Darth Jello
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
laughing I was wondering the nuts would find a way to blame Bush. laughing laughing laughing

http://intransit.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/10/02/chicagos-loss-is-passport-control-to-blame/

Here's one of the first ones to come out. Please read it and other sources before you make a fool of yourself again.

Shakyamunison
http://intransit.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/10/02/chicagos-loss-is-passport-control-to-blame/

Here's one of the first ones to come out. Please read it and other sources before you make a fool of yourself again.

You have to admit, it's a little like the boy who cried wolf.

Darth Macabre
I'm not suprised that Chicago lost...I am surprised by how badly they lost, though. That's a crash and burn if I've ever seen one.

Darth Jello
http://www.cgsnet.org/portals/0/pdf/R_IntlAdm09_II.pdf

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/03/sports/03olympics.html?_r=1

http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1262.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/04/11/AR2009041102238.html

More?

Robtard

Darth Macabre
It worked then, should work in 2012. Sweet, glad to see crime will be off the streets in Rio for the London Olympics.

jaden101
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Sweet, glad to see crime will be off the streets in Rio for the London Olympics.

laughing

Robtard
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Sweet, glad to see crime will be off the streets in Rio for the London Olympics.

Ah shit, egg on my face. Meant 2016

P.S. Go **** yourself smile

KidRock

The US didn't win the olympic bid!

George Bush's fault! laughing out loud

dadudemon

P.S. Go **** yourself smile

If it makes you feel better, I didn't see anything wrong with your post until Macabre's post. embarrasment

Robtard
Originally posted by dadudemon
If it makes you feel better, I didn't see anything wrong with your post until Macabre's post. embarrasment

You're fat and you're ugly, so no it doesn't. Thanks for nothing, jerk.

Darth Macabre

P.S. Go **** yourself smile Just trying to keep you on your game, big guy.

Love you, schnookums. smile

WhoopeeDee
Isn't that a first for South America?

I'm not so sure...I think Brazil and Argentina have hosted World Cups before....

Bardock42
Originally posted by WhoopeeDee
I'm not so sure...I think Brazil and Argentina have hosted World Cups before.... Yeah, that's a different thing though.

lil bitchiness
Excellent. Olympics are finally going to South America as well!

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Excellent. Olympics are finally going to South America as well!

That is how I feel too. It is about time.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.