The Crazies(2010)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MildPossession
Trailer for the remake loosely based on the George Romero original film:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/thecrazies/

I'm a big fan of Radha Mitchell, so I'm definitely there to see this film, looks excellent from the trailer. The 'Mad World' song included at the end helps make the trailer, nice touch.

I've only seen bits of the original, is it a classic, or nothing special?

Look forwards to this film.

Kazenji
Same here i'm looking foward to this film after checking the trailer out late last night.

Kris Blaze
This reminds me of the signal.

"Do you have the crazies?"

MildPossession
The original Crazies came out way before The Signal though, The Signal was a let down.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by MildPossession
The original Crazies came out way before The Signal though, The Signal was a let down.

The signal was good.

Doesn't matter which came out first. The Crazies, the words, reminded me of the signal.

MildPossession
That was in case you meant The Crazies had stolen an idea from The Signal, since The Signal wasn't very original either. stick out tongue

Kazenji
The Second Trailer

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=61589

steverules_2
Looks good, hopefully this is a case where a remake is actually good

Kazenji
I actually like the first trailer more.

MildPossession
Bla, agree. First trailer is so much better. Has a more effective atmosphere in the first.

steverules_2
I only saw the 1st trailer, 2nd didn't work for some reason

Robtard
Want to see this, looks like we might have a decent horror-flick on our hands. Olyphant's a decent actor, so that's a plus.

steverules_2
Ok so I saw the second trailer on youtube and yeah the first trailer is better, but still this looks like it's gonna be good, its nice to know that we got a good horror film to look foward to in 2010 smile

Darth Vicious
Pretty sweet trailer. Hopefully its as good as the trailer. Nice song they used, very fitting.

Blinky
The first trailer was a bit too melodramatic to my taste, second was more like a horror trailer.

God I hope this isn't other nouveau-BS-social-commentary type horror film like the god-awful Diary Of the Dead movie Romero shat out.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Blinky

God I hope this isn't other nouveau-BS-social-commentary type horror film like the god-awful Diary Of the Dead movie Romero shat out.

Ummmmmm Romero is'nt the director on his remake.

Blinky
Originally posted by Kazenji
Ummmmmm Romero is'nt the director on his remake.

Yeah, I knew that... but I'll pretend I didn't - to make you feel special.

Kazenji
Okay

would you like a cake for your efforts? .

MildPossession
Only if it's anything other than Chocolate cake.

steverules_2
Only if it's anything other than Chocolate cake.

You're female and you dislike chocolate? sly

MildPossession
Oooo I like Chocolate, just not in Cake form. stick out tongue

xblanex
1. cant believe theyre remaking this.
2. cant believe theyre gona let a no name director ruin it.

xblanex
The first trailer was a bit too melodramatic to my taste, second was more like a horror trailer.

WOAH, ROMERO MADE SOMETHING WITH SOCIAL COMMENTARY?!

MildPossession
Blinky only mentioned Diary of the Dead, and it was indeed rubbish.

The director might also be directing the remake of The Brood...

Blinky
Blinky only mentioned Diary of the Dead, and it was indeed rubbish.

The director might also be directing the remake of The Brood...

Awww are you defending me, wench-face? So touching. *wank*

Oh yeah, about the cake - make mine white cake with stawberry frosting -f*ckface.

The Nuul
Looks alright.

BruceSkywalker
i may see this, but it doesn't look too good

Kazenji
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
but it doesn't look too good

How So ?

Rogue Jedi
It could go either way. It's gonna suck ass, or it's gonna kick ass. Trailers can be misleading.

The Nuul
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
It could go either way. It's gonna suck ass, or it's gonna kick ass. Trailers can be misleading.

Its going to be between both...it will be alright.

crystallake
I'll definitely see this when it comes out in a couple of weeks - the original "Crazies" is one of my favorite Romero films, and the trailers look like they're doing a pretty solid job with the remake. Besides, "Wolfman" sucked, so I need a solid horror flick to save my February! smile

The Nuul
Just got free screening tickets to see this tomorrow. WOOT!

crystallake
Originally posted by The Nuul
Just got free screening tickets to see this tomorrow. WOOT!

Nice! Where and when?!? I don't want to have to wait for Friday - I'm still looking for a midnight Thursday screening, just so I can catch the first one!

Plus, "The Crazies" just seems like the kind of movie that's best seen in a theater crowded with people in the middle of the night. smile

Kazenji
If you trust the site rotten tomatoes it has a 86% rating.

BruceSkywalker
How So ?

it just looks way too corny, but i will see it

crystallake
If you trust the site rotten tomatoes it has a 86% rating.

"The Crazies" is up to 88% now, with 22 Fresh and only 3 Rotten. That's normally a really good score - but when you consider that it's a HORROR movie, that's an insanely good score. Critics are normally pretty biased against horror movies; it's rare that you see one even hit 60%, let alone a score like 88%.

I'm impressed! Can't wait to see this!

The Nuul
The plot can use some work but the movie is very good. The tone is right, the tension is perfect, decent acting, the music is perfect and the pacing of the movie is quick.

Its a buy for me and I am starting to like Timothy Olyphant.

8.5/10

"Its exciting, thrilling and at times chilling (though that may have been enhanced by the sub-Arctic air-con)".

Someone else wrote this last part ^^^ and I agree but the odd part is my threater was also freezing....like they cranked the AC about half way in the movie and it was cold. When some of you guys watch it keep a eye out to see if they crank your AC also!

The Nuul
Oh, I think I missed this but I think there is a ending part after the credits.

Make sure you stay till the end and find out!

MildPossession
That's because most Horror films are indeed rubbish.

crystallake
The plot can use some work but the movie is very good. The tone is right, the tension is perfect, decent acting, the music is perfect and the pacing of the movie is quick.

Its a buy for me and I am starting to like Timothy Olyphant.

8.5/10

"Its exciting, thrilling and at times chilling (though that may have been enhanced by the sub-Arctic air-con)".

Someone else wrote this last part ^^^ and I agree but the odd part is my threater was also freezing....like they cranked the AC about half way in the movie and it was cold. When some of you guys watch it keep a eye out to see if they crank your AC also!

Nice! This was already going to be a "buy" for me anyways, just so I could put it on the shelf next to my copy of Romero's original version of "The Crazies", but it's nice to know I won't be wasting my money.

And thanks for the tip about the "something" after the end of the credits - I always end up missing those! I'm going to see the movie late tonight; I'll have to stick around. Better to face the parking garage rush than to risk missing something cool... big grin

allofyousuckkk
I thought this was great! The ending was a little too reminiscent of the ending of the hills have eyes remake, but otherwise it was a pretty great film. Decently scary, I was on the edge of my seat for most of the time. A little predictable, but then again.. what movies aren't lately?

8-9/10

allofyousuckkk
also, when the sheriff (cant remember his name) stabs the woman in the baby's room with the knife in his hand, I was CONVINCED he would be infected. They're blood mixed... did it not? Huge plot hole. But otherwise, it's w.e

The Nuul
Originally posted by allofyousuckkk
also, when the sheriff (cant remember his name) stabs the woman in the baby's room with the knife in his hand, I was CONVINCED he would be infected. They're blood mixed... did it not? Huge plot hole. But otherwise, it's w.e

Yeah, I was thinking that also but...

did you stay till the end, after the credits? I think there is a bit where its possible that one of them turns. I missed this part because I was walking out then I heard the scream and it was too late.

MildPossession
Do you mean by The Hills Have Eyes, that you think they have survived but then in the distance something is watching them ?

The Nuul
I dunno...I didnt see the part after/while the credits.

the two survive and walked into the field, credits start rolling then when I was walking out of the movie I heard a scream and thats it.

allofyousuckkk
oh i didnt see that

RQTBallGirl
I recently took 10 twelve year olds to see this for a birthday party...They were all impressed. Other than them LAUGHING when the guy got burned...all was great!

Myth
I dunno...I didnt see the part after/while the credits.

the two survive and walked into the field, credits start rolling then when I was walking out of the movie I heard a scream and thats it.

I was thinking they were infected since the government was still watching them and preparing to contain the city they were walking towards. As for the scream, it had nothing to do with the characters. When the credits were rolling they had news reports talking about how a chemical plant had exploded and people in nearby cities could tell the other town blew up. The news cast was scrambled and you could see glimpses of soldiers, then finally the face of an infected person screamed at the camera. I assume that was the scream you heard.

MildPossession
I wish I could of seen 15/R-Rated films when I was that age for birthday parties. Unlike America, we wouldn't be allowed in even with our parents.

lil bitchiness
I liked it. There was something missing from the movie, I wasn't sure what.

K.Diddy
beer I rented this today,I will post my thoughts soon

MildPossession
I thought it was good too, still yet to see the original but going by what I've seen, this remake is one of the better ones. Original looks rather cheesy.

Deadline

I got to say I think all his zombie films have been social commentary.

K.Diddy
Originally posted by K.Diddy
beer I rented this today,I will post my thoughts soon

sad Didn't end up watching it,I will see it eventually

Blinky
I saw this POS. I really had to force myself to sit through the whole thing. The actors were absolutely boring the "scares" were predictable. To put it quite bluntly, it had nothing to offer.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.