Top 5 films from the Legendary actor named Sidney Poitier

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Nuul
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j29/endrict2000/sidney-poitier.jpg

You can see the list here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sidney_Poitier#Filmography

Myth
Hmmm... I don't think I've even seen 5 of his films.

Robtard
He's overrated.

Impediment
The only Poitier film I've seen, to my recollection, is The Jackal with Bruce Willis. thumb down

The Nuul
Mine are

Guess Who's Coming to Dinner
Uptown Saturday Night (Cosby and Poitier are great together).
Let's Do It (Cosby and Poitier are great together).
Shoot to Kill
In the Heat of the Night

BruceSkywalker
i have only liked two...

In the Heat of the Night

MildPossession
Those are probably his most famous and the ones most people have seen, he is a good actor but he doesn't blow me away with his acting, after everything I read about his acting and so on, it was a disappointment.

I've only seen:

Guess Who's Coming To Dinner
The Defiant Ones
To Sir, With Love
In The Heat of the Night

Lilies in the Field is suppose to be a good one, he won the Best Actor Oscar for it.

siriuswriter
in the heat of the night - i love it when he slaps the old garden dude. i can just hear the giant gasps that came from the audience when it played originally. plus, "....they call me mister tibbs!"

to sir, with love - the original 'teacher who goes out of his way with rebel class and turns them all to good works.' and the original is always the best.

guess who's coming to dinner - the moments with his father are some of the most emotional i've seen. poitier, the always confident man, almost breaks down. plus katharine hepburn and spencer tracy are together again.

a patch of blue - poitier befriends a blind, white young woman.

lilies of the field does have a good reputation, but for me it had a little too many off-color undertones of black man working for white women for free. it definitely shows the time period the movie was made in.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by The Nuul
Mine are

Uptown Saturday Night (Cosby and Poitier are great together).
Let's Do It (Cosby and Poitier are great together).
Shoot to Kill
In the Heat of the Night

Yeah Shoot To Kill is awesome.that was my favorite movie of the year when that movie first came out and one of my faves of all time.Other than that, Porgy and Bess is the only other one of his that I have seen.Like most people here,he was way before my time.Shoot To Kill is an awesome great movie and very underrated.You never hear that movie mentioned around here like you do with others such as Die Hard ect.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.