If you had to pick a power source

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Denny Crane
Lets say you could

for arguments sake lets say your body will metabolize said power source into superman esque powers plus giant laser beams from the hands and gtfo omnidirectional blasts.

Which source would you choose to power your abilities?

1- solar rays
2- power cosmic
3- hyperspace
4- magic ( do'nt know much, might be very sexy might involve selling your firstborn)
5- hamsters on wheels

I'd pick hyperspace just because PC means eating matter and thats just tooo tedious.

Feel free to add your own power sources

SoulDevourer
power cosmic a joke, big G cant even feed on it laughing out loud

id go 4 magic

galactusischere
Power Cosmic of course

quanchi112
Always been a sucker for magic, personally.

Denny Crane
Magic? even with the odd once every thousand years chance that the specter will try and own your ass, which to be honest once is too many times.

Come to think of it oan energy might be the way to go. Its inexaustible, goes boom, and it comes with its own wardrobe.

i would steal a ring as a way to one up anyone with an iphone

Survivor19
Hamsters on wheels.
I take it, that is the closest thing to fabricated Squirrel Power that is possible, yes?

Raptor22
from the list id pick magic. would the backing of the presence or something like cyttorak since thats where juggs gets his power from, be considered a power source?

Sin I AM
solar rays for the win

but if i had my choice it be an other dimensional power, like darkforce, or something like that

-Pr-
Solar Rays or Magic.

SoulDevourer
wut theres no option for Energizer? stick out tongue (keeps goin & goin)

occultdestroyer
A Super serum 100x more potent than Sentry's, granting you Juggernaut-like durability & stamina and Enslaver-esque strength

Endless Mike
The power of pure, concentrated AWESOME

The Nuul
Hamsters on wheels

Sin I AM
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
A Super serum 100x more potent than Sentry's, granting you Juggernaut-like durability & stamina and Enslaver-esque strength

you'd still job to wolverine wink

Bouboumaster
Power Cosmic, of course

Kris Blaze
Why pick solar rays over the power cosmic? Seriously.

I'd prefer some kind of divine powers, like Zeus or Loki. It's not an external magical source, it's just, in them.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Kris Blaze

I'd prefer some kind of divine powers, like Zeus or Loki. It's not an external magical source, it's just, in them.

personal preference.

The Nuul

Supes maybe? duhhhhh

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by -Pr-
personal preference.

So you'd prefer a much, much, much higher chance of being depowered 'cause it's Superman-esque?

-Pr-
So you'd prefer a much, much, much higher chance of being depowered 'cause it's Superman-esque?

no. besides, in this world, i doubt being depowered is going to actually happen.

having the power cosmic would make the temptation to play god a lot more enticing than it would with a powerset like superman's. plus, when you start turning water in to wine, things are only going to get worse.

Denny Crane
no. besides, in this world, i doubt being depowered is going to actually happen.

having the power cosmic would make the temptation to play god a lot more enticing than it would with a powerset like superman's. plus, when you start turning water in to wine, things are only going to get worse.

you wouldn't get transmutation or any of the way too good to be true powers like black hole creation or magics "logic would have things go thtis way but $(%* it"-ness. The power source would simply give you the powerset listed in the OP.

So you'd have to consume life force if you picked PC, which depending on the victim and the morality in question (while eating babies worked for the matrix robots, i would suggest eating more socially aceptable creatures like Paris Hilton or Mugabe) can be doable

I guess I just don't trust magic.

Plus no one is adding any of the more random power sources like the Nova force or feeding off of the sexual frustration of WOW players

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Denny Crane
feeding off of the sexual frustration of WOW players

with that as a powersource you would be unstoppable laughing

Denny Crane
But getting laid would probably be your kryptonite and thats a deal breaker for me

Doctor-Alvis
Why do you have to consume life force for the power cosmic? None of Galactus' heralds have to do that. Galactus isn't the source so it's not like he's converting matter into power cosmic.

Cubey
Power Cosmic.

Denny Crane
Where do you think galactus gets his mojo?

Sure its a couple of steps removed but without it the choice is much less interesting.

and sure you could just fuel the PC with other sources like when the surfer goes to the sun but the world is better off if we limit it to Paris Hilton.

i'm all about the greater good

Doctor-Alvis
Where do you think galactus gets his mojo?

Sure its a couple of steps removed but without it the choice is much less interesting.

and sure you could just fuel the PC with other sources like when the surfer goes to the sun but the world is better off if we limit it to Paris Hilton.

i'm all about the greater good
He gets it from the power cosmic. It's its own thing. You don't absorb suns to fuel the power cosmic, the power cosmic lets you absorb the sun for energy.

Of your choices there, I think I would pick solar rays because, in my uneducated opinion, I think it's the most abundant in our world. On top of that, I can sell my dna/skin cells to everyone and never have to work again and we get super efficient solar panels. Because of the source though, Mountain Dew would be required for maintenance.

KingD19
Yeah, Solar Rays, you'd be like Superman/Sunspot on steroids. And you should be able to harness moonlight as well, since it's refracted sunlight.

Kris Blaze

If Chris Kent from Countdown: Arena is any indicator there's a bit more to being Superman than being supa strooooong.

dmills
Quantum

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
He gets it from the power cosmic. It's its own thing. You don't absorb suns to fuel the power cosmic, the power cosmic lets you absorb the sun for energy.

Of your choices there, I think I would pick solar rays because, in my uneducated opinion, I think it's the most abundant in our world. On top of that, I can sell my dna/skin cells to everyone and never have to work again and we get super efficient solar panels. Because of the source though, Mountain Dew would be required for maintenance.

Power Cosmic is all about, so if you live on earth it'd probably be the same. It's much easier to remove the sun than to remove the entire power cosmic, which is like....the stars and the universe itself. Odds are you'd probably get a mean arch-nemesis, and it'd be nice to be a bit harder to depower.

Doctor-Alvis
Power Cosmic is all about, so if you live on earth it'd probably be the same. It's much easier to remove the sun than to remove the entire power cosmic, which is like....the stars and the universe itself. Odds are you'd probably get a mean arch-nemesis, and it'd be nice to be a bit harder to depower.
True. I would have to commend my nemesis if he manages to depower me with how I would act with Superman powers.

outavodka
id juz use cosmic cube to make me invunerable to death forever who care if everything else dies and my enemies keep running...i got time

Kherani
Green Lantern ring.

Master Court
Power Cosmic. And I would abuse it thoroughly.

Spire
Magic.

-Pr-
If Chris Kent from Countdown: Arena is any indicator there's a bit more to being Superman than being supa strooooong.

true, but he was still nowehere near as flexible as the surfer, imo.

Lord Feron

i would steal a ring as a way to one up anyone with an iphone

laughing

Placidity
and gtfo omnidirectional blasts.

laughing

Kris Blaze
True. I would have to commend my nemesis if he manages to depower me with how I would act with Superman powers.

I'd be a sooooo much better villain than you.

true, but he was still nowehere near as flexible as the surfer, imo.

Sounds like hater talk to me. You can take that shit to Herochat uhuh

-Pr-

Sounds like hater talk to me. You can take that shit to Herochat uhuh

laughing out loud

quanchi112
Magic? even with the odd once every thousand years chance that the specter will try and own your ass, which to be honest once is too many times.

Come to think of it oan energy might be the way to go. Its inexaustible, goes boom, and it comes with its own wardrobe.

i would steal a ring as a way to one up anyone with an iphone Depends on the magic I suppose. There's always going to be someone badder than you whatever you pick somewhere out there in the universe.

Doctor-Alvis
Probably. I'm lazy and don't like to plan things.

Kris Blaze
Probably. I'm lazy and don't like to plan things.

I'm gonna plan the hell out of you, once this super-power thing gets off the ground!

Denny Crane
See i like reliable. You'd think solar rays would always be there.

So youre casually breaking doc oc's face with your fists (like it should've happened in the movie) and suddenly a series of increasingly improbable events happen

A- a series of satelites turn your sun a different color
B- a sun eater eats your sun
C- lightning strikes you while you happen to hold a guy who happens to hold kryptonite in his hand (really smallville writers, really?)
D- fighting in the night, or underground, or in the shade

Take Magic. The one thing that Cap M had over the boys in blue. His strength is their weakness and his power source wasn't gonna run out. Then suddenly, out of the blue, bigger badder gods kill your gods. This goes along with my "logic should go this way but $(#@ it"-ness opinion of magic.

Then there's PC. You'd think this one would be safe, but then a certain red guy came along and nough said.

That's why i'd take hyperspace. Its not like you can shut that off. I'ts like siphoning off the bleed or canceling family guy, the universe can't keep on living without either.

Denny Crane

BlackZero30x
well selling my first born is rather appealing evil face

illadelph12
I'd be powered by the collective energy of each passing moment on a multiversal scale (each fraction of a moment being an individual unit of near infinite energy, so I'd practically never run out). I'd absorb and channel the sum and substance of all energy/matter in the multiverse that is in the past of my current point in time. Kinda like the Stephen King story "The Langoliers". Also, this way the further into the future I exist the more power I have at my disposal, and even at the dawn of time I'd have near infinite power growing exponentially with each passing moment.

Survivor19
It will grow linearly, not exponentially.

illadelph12
Originally posted by Survivor19
It will grow linearly, not exponentially.

Hmm...

Not to bog this down into a linear vs exponential debate, and purely from an intellectual curiosity, but if I'm drawing power from each passing moment on a multiversal scale, and for each moment there are an infinite number of possible future outcomes, wouldn't that mean that from the standpoint of the dawn of time (a prime origin), and for each subsequent moment from that point and each potential alternate verse that spawns forth from each subsequent moment into the next, wouldn't that infer an exponential increase of possible energy rather than simply linear (like a single bacteria splitting into multiple bacterium, and each subsequent bacterium having the same potential to split)?

Doctor-Alvis
See i like reliable. You'd think solar rays would always be there.

So youre casually breaking doc oc's face with your fists (like it should've happened in the movie) and suddenly a series of increasingly improbable events happen

A- a series of satelites turn your sun a different color
B- a sun eater eats your sun
C- lightning strikes you while you happen to hold a guy who happens to hold kryptonite in his hand (really smallville writers, really?)
D- fighting in the night, or underground, or in the shade

Take Magic. The one thing that Cap M had over the boys in blue. His strength is their weakness and his power source wasn't gonna run out. Then suddenly, out of the blue, bigger badder gods kill your gods. This goes along with my "logic should go this way but $(#@ it"-ness opinion of magic.

Then there's PC. You'd think this one would be safe, but then a certain red guy came along and nough said.

That's why i'd take hyperspace. Its not like you can shut that off. I'ts like siphoning off the bleed or canceling family guy, the universe can't keep on living without either.

Denny Crane
Someone could possibly cut off your connection to hyperspace.

If you're gaining Superman-like powers, fighting in the shade or darkness isn't going to do anything. Maybe if you were more like Apollo where how much sunlight you take in has an active role that would be an issue.

And if it's "solar rays", the actual color is a very small part of the radiation that comes off the sun.

Eunno, solar power still seems preferable to me. Look how powerful Superman is from it just taking in rays on Earth and you have the option to fly into it. And it's right there.

Kris Blaze
In All-Star Superman, flying close to the sun practically ended his life.

Though those who read it know that he survived -in- it later on

Denny Crane
I meant that in many fights superman expends prodigious amounts of energy in the dark and doesn't seem to be depleted. Thats why i liked that superboy prime in SCW got weaker when he was fighting at night until the sun came up again. I don't know, it made it seem more real (as real as guy shooting lazerz from his eyes can be). I always asked myself why villains even bothered to fight superman during the day when no matter how hard they hit he would imediately replenish his mojo.

Besides who could disconect you from hyperspace?

Galactus? Hyperstorm? Morgan Freeman?

Doctor-Alvis
I meant that in many fights superman expends prodigious amounts of energy in the dark and doesn't seem to be depleted. Thats why i liked that superboy prime in SCW got weaker when he was fighting at night until the sun came up again. I don't know, it made it seem more real (as real as guy shooting lazerz from his eyes can be). I always asked myself why villains even bothered to fight superman during the day when no matter how hard they hit he would imediately replenish his mojo.

Depends on how comic bookin' we're getting. And yeah, Morgan Freeman's voice would sever that thing right off.

I also liked Apollo for that reason. He was still powerful but he still had a considerable and realistic weakness that made him more interesting.

-Pr-

prime has been locked away for months on end with no access to sunlight (and beside a red sun). his body was still recharging when he came to earth.

Cosmo Kramer
People with schizophrenia in my opinion technically have super senses...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.