Anakin Skywalker (AOTC) vs. Qui-Gon (TPM)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Anakin4Ever
The master of the Living Force vs. the powerful blonde youth.

1.) Saber
2.) Force
3.) All Out

I think Anakin takes all of them. It will be a close fight, though.

Lord Lucien
Lucas said that Anakin vs. Obi-Wan had Anakin as the more powerful, but Kenobi as the more experienced. I'm tempted to say the same is going here as well. Qui-Gon, while not a Soresu prodigy, was still one of the top tier saber duelists of his generation. Against the (comparatively) less experienced Anakin, I'd give sabers to Jinn.

In the Force, I don't know much about either of their abilities, but again... experience.

SIDIOUS 66
Qui-Gon takes this. He is far more experienced and a better swordsman than Anakin is at this point.

Mr Omiverseria
Qui-Gon was thought by his lightsaber instructor to be the most naturally gifted swordsmen he had ever trained in over 400 years of teaching in the Jedi Order, was described by the omniscient narrator of the New Essential Guide to Characters to be "a master duelist by anyone's standards", and was considered a peer in technical ability by Anoon Bondara, the best swordsman the Jedi Order had to offer.

By all available evidence, he's easily Obi-Wan's superior as a swordsman, both in natural and realised ability.

Anakin4Ever
Qui-Gon was more experienced than Maul, but got his arse kicked anyway.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Anakin4Ever
Qui-Gon was more experienced than Maul, but got his arse kicked anyway. Unlike Maul, Anakin won't be employing Juyo, using a double-bladed lightsaber, or commanding the Dark Side.

Mr Omiverseria
Indude.

Anakin4Ever
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Unlike Maul, Anakin won't be employing Juyo, using a double-bladed lightsaber, or commanding the Dark Side.

Anakin is prone to using Force Rage in his fights, which will knock Qui-Gon back and wear him out. Plus, Anakin has a great command of the Force by the time of Attack of the Clones, which will give him an edge in combat.

Profligate
This is AOTC Anakin, right? Where is this stated?

Darth_Glentract
AOTC Anakin will get EASILY beaten by Qui-gon. ROTS, yeah, Anakin would win, but no way would he have had a chance as of AOTC.

Darth Martin
Qui Gon takes all three in long drawn out duels.

Major Valerian
Anakin is prone to using Force Rage in his fights, which will knock Qui-Gon back and wear him out. Plus, Anakin has a great command of the Force by the time of Attack of the Clones, which will give him an edge in combat.

Why is he prone to use the so-called 'Force Rage'? Did you ever see him use 'Force Rage' against Dooku? No. Why would he use it against Qui-Gon? You can't base the outcome of this fight on something you're not even 50% sure of. It's a possibility, but not necessarily.

And, 'great command of the Force' meaning..? What great Force feats has Anakin achieved by AOTC? None significant. In fact, he doesn't really achieve a 'great command of the Force' until he becomes Darth Vader, so. Although, I don't really know much about Qui-Gon's Force abilities, so I can't make an accurate comparison.

truejedi
Originally posted by Major Valerian
Why is he prone to use the so-called 'Force Rage'? Did you ever see him use 'Force Rage' against Dooku? No. Why would he use it against Qui-Gon? You can't base the outcome of this fight on something you're not even 50% sure of. It's a possibility, but not necessarily.

And, 'great command of the Force' meaning..? What great Force feats has Anakin achieved by AOTC? None significant. In fact, he doesn't really achieve a 'great command of the Force' until he becomes Darth Vader, so. Although, I don't really know much about Qui-Gon's Force abilities, so I can't make an accurate comparison.

QFT

Anakin4Ever

Where have you been? He used Force Rage against the Tuskens, he used Force Rage against Asajj Ventress, he used Force Rage against Count Dooku in ROTS...must I say more.

Plus, it is stated how he has surpassed many of his peers by the time of AOTC. In the Clone Wars, maybe a month or two after AOTC, he hurled large trees at Ventress. Explain to me how he isn't powerful in the Force.

Qui-Gon...I don't know. He is very skilled in lightsaber combat. I never said Anakin would totally murder him or anything.

truejedi
Where is it stated that he used "Force Rage"?

Quote Plz! Thank you!

Advent
It doesn't have to be stated anywhere; it's simply how Anakin fights during certain situations; it's his character. He utilizes his emotions to fuel himself (which often turns out to be fury). How do you think he pwned Darth Tyranus? The difference between AotC Anakin and RotS Anakin is that as he grew more mature, he was capable of controlling that rage so it didn't entirely consume his focus.

Using Force Rage here would leave Anakin open to mistakes that the much more experienced Qui-Gon could easily capitalize on, though. So, it's probably in his best interest not to go into a death frenzy anyways.

Lord Lucien
Plus, it is stated how he has surpassed many of his peers by the time of AOTC. In the Clone Wars, maybe a month or two after AOTC, he hurled large trees at Ventress. Explain to me how he isn't powerful in the Force. No one said he isn't powerful, we're saying his offensive techniques with the Force (such as Push or Pull, Lightning, telekinesis) aren't developed enough to overwhelm Qui-Gon. In fact they don't really become examples of his titan Force power until he becomes Vader. AotC Anakin just does not have the firepower to overwhelm a master as experienced as Qui-Gon, not in sabers, and not in the Force.

If, like Maul, Anakin were able to choose this fight before hand, plan it out... make it a small, enclose space like the Naboo generator room, then Anakin will be on good grounds to defeat Qui-Gon.

Major Valerian
Is Qui-Gon supposed to be equal to Windu in tems of lightsaber combat as of AOTC? I'm not completely sure, but I think I read it somewhere.

mattatom
Is Qui-Gon supposed to be equal to Windu in tems of lightsaber combat as of AOTC? I'm not completely sure, but I think I read it somewhere. Equal to Mace of TPM Qui Gon wasn't alive in AOTC wink

Major Valerian
Woops, I meant TPM, sorry.

mattatom
Woops, I meant TPM, sorry. Yeah it says there equals there.

Red Nemesis
Aren't they former equals? The narration of his death mentions that he's lost skill with age. Does that mean he is as good now as Mace, even having lost some ability, or that he used to be as good as Mace but isn't anymore?

mattatom
No at his age of TPM he's on par with Mace if he was younger he would (according to Jinn) be able to beat Mace.

Darth Subjekt
Mace before Vaapad.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.