Superman/WWH vs Thor/Abomination(Orig Lvl)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

guy222
big grin cool

Warlord
TEam 1.
WWH >> Abomination

guy222
T 1

Bouboumaster
Team 1.

Thor is less beating Sups that Hulk is owning Abomination. Hulk and Sups would bang Thor

Master Court
Yeah. Team One.

guysangel
Team One

Slaanesh
Team 1

Rage.Of.Olympus
Team 2.

Abomination is the weakest on the field, but Thor is the most powerful.

If it gets into a slug fest then yea Team 1 wins basically every time. Either of Team 1 would eventually take down Abomination, and Thor is strong but he can't beat Superman and Green Scar fist for fist. He'd go down.

janus77
T1 FTW, quick and easy.

guy222
good to see ya

quanchi112
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Team 2.

Abomination is the weakest on the field, but Thor is the most powerful.

If it gets into a slug fest then yea Team 1 wins basically every time. Either of Team 1 would eventually take down Abomination, and Thor is strong but he can't beat Superman and Green Scar fist for fist. He'd go down. I personally don't see Thor taking down WW Hulk. The manner in which he fights Hulk is swinging for the fences. This Hulk is stronger, more tactical, and more intelligent. I think team 1 takes.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by quanchi112
I personally don't see Thor taking down WW Hulk. The manner in which he fights Hulk is swinging for the fences. This Hulk is stronger, more tactical, and more intelligent. I think team 1 takes.

In a brawl he'd go toe to toe, and I see it being a stalemate like it always has between the two (Heck in the original draft before JMS didn't want Thor involved in any events that was what was going to happen between him and Green Scar.).

With Mjolnir in hand he'd put him down in my opinion or at least have the momentum going his way. He always seems to have the advantage against the Hulk with the hammer in hand. More so against the Hulk than any other opponent from what I've seen. I honestly don't know why it's like that.

And if Thor fight smart like he use to, meaning instead of taking a punch, dodging it and countering it with superior speed/skill, the fight will be going his way (See their first fight.). That doesn't necessarily mean a knock out or anything.

And we've also seen that when Thor has had enough he'll use his power set to drop him. Thor enjoys hand to hand fighting but until a point.

But the thread starter said it's strickly hand to hand so...yea....it really doesn't matter.

This Hulk is tougher, has a higher base, and is more intelligent but he still goes in fists first. He just uses common sense at this point as shown against Cain but if he were to fight Thor, he'd go hand to hand.

The problem is, that either Green Scar or Superman are dropping Abomination in a slug fest, and that leaves two on one. Thor goes down.

Edit: I was talking about a wrong thread where guy said hand to hand.

quanchi112
In a brawl he'd go toe to toe, and I see it being a stalemate like it always has between the two (Heck in the original draft before JMS didn't want Thor involved in any events that was what was going to happen between him and Green Scar.).

With Mjolnir in hand he'd put him down in my opinion or at least have the momentum going his way. He always seems to have the advantage against the Hulk with the hammer in hand. More so against the Hulk than any other opponent from what I've seen. I honestly don't know why it's like that.

And if Thor fight smart like he use to, meaning instead of taking a punch, dodging it and countering it with superior speed/skill, the fight will be going his way (See their first fight.).

And we've also seen that when Thor has had enough he'll use his power set to drop him. Thor enjoys hand to hand fighting but until a point.

This Hulk is tougher, has a higher base, and is more intelligent but he still goes in fists first. He just uses common sense at this point as shown against Cain but if he were to fight Thor, he'd go hand to hand.

The problem is, that either Green Scar or Superman are dropping Abomination in a slug fest, and that leaves two on one. Thor goes down. No, he really doesn't. He just seems to piss the Hulk off more often than not. This is a stronger, smarter Hulk who was running around crushing everyone in sight.

That first fight is ancient history and we have seen more than enough clashes between the two to understand it's a battle of testosterone. Thor's warrior ego would have him cast away his hammer to prove he doesn't need it. You know the guy's nuts when a savage hulk out thinks you. Thor becomes a monster when dealing with the Hulk because it drives him mad he can't put him down for good.

If Thor can't beat reg Hulk he isn't beating WW Hulk unless he fights intelligently or pulls out the godblast.

Rage.Of.Olympus
No, he really doesn't. He just seems to piss the Hulk off more often than not. This is a stronger, smarter Hulk who was running around crushing everyone in sight.

That first fight is ancient history and we have seen more than enough clashes between the two to understand it's a battle of testosterone. Thor's warrior ego would have him cast away his hammer to prove he doesn't need it. You know the guy's nuts when a savage hulk out thinks you. Thor becomes a monster when dealing with the Hulk because it drives him mad he can't put him down for good.

If Thor can't beat reg Hulk he isn't beating WW Hulk unless he fights intelligently or pulls out the godblast.

Yes he really does. Look at all their fights where Thor has Mjolnir in hand. He always get's the advantage barring the one where Thor's level of power was in question.

It's still valid. Stan Lee's earlier Thor was written as battle savy and he was written that way for most of his early history. Cast away his hammer? The only time that happened of his own free will was during the end, when Hulk got frightened about Mjolnir returning, and Thor said I need no hammer etc. and tosses it away.

He suddenly turned into fighting like a brick. Taking a punch when he didn't have to. I guess they needed to keep shit fair. It's the Hulk who had sissy fits that he can't put Thor down. Thor gets into the fight, and loses concern for collateral damage but even then he keeps his head in the game to an extent. He even comments about how he starts to enjoy the fight etc. He clearly has self awareness of what his doing to at least an extent. The only time he really lost it was again that fight where how together he had his shit was in question, with Maestro.

I never said he'd beat him in a slug fest. He'd at least stalemate him. For some reason Hulk's at Thor's level right from when the fight starts. Again, they try to keep shit even I'm guessing. So I'm assuming it'll be this way, with Hulk reaching or being at Thor's level from the get go. So like always it'll be a stalemate.

Like I said, if Thor fights intelligently, i.e using his speed and skill the momentum is going his way. And with Mjolnir in hand instead of fists, that will further add an advantage based on his previous fights with the Hulk. So Thor can put him down in my opinion if he fights battle savy. Green Scar's durability was shit to be honest. It's his healing factor that kept him so formidable, and enough damage can put him down. If Thor fights smart and unrelenting it isn't out of his capabilities. The same goes for Hulk of course, just less so, as he doesn't have the same speed or skill.

If they goes fist for fist? Most likely a stalemate unless Hulk reverts to Banner.

Also to note, Thor isn't reverting to a human like the Sentry.

Thor doesn't need a God Blast to defeat the Hulk.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Anyways Team 1 wins in a slug fest.

Gotta go for now, finish this shit later.

quanchi112
Yes he really does. Look at all their fights where Thor has Mjolnir in hand. He always get's the advantage barring the one where Thor's level of power was in question.

It's still valid. Stan Lee's earlier Thor was written as battle savy and he was written that way for most of his early history. Cast away his hammer? The only time that happened of his own free will was during the end, when Hulk got frightened about Mjolnir returning, and Thor said I need no hammer etc. and tosses it away.

He suddenly turned into fighting like a brick. Taking a punch when he didn't have to. I guess they needed to keep shit fair. It's the Hulk who had sissy fits that he can't put Thor down. Thor gets into the fight, and loses concern for collateral damage but even then he keeps his head in the game to an extent. He even comments about how he starts to enjoy the fight etc. He clearly has self awareness of what his doing to at least an extent. The only time he really lost it was again that fight where how together he had his shit was in question, with Maestro.

I never said he'd beat him in a slug fest. He'd at least stalemate him. For some reason Hulk's at Thor's level right from when the fight starts. Again, they try to keep shit even I'm guessing. So I'm assuming it'll be this way, with Hulk reaching or being at Thor's level from the get go. So like always it'll be a stalemate.

Like I said, if Thor fights intelligently, i.e using his speed and skill the momentum is going his way. And with Mjolnir in hand instead of fists, that will further add an advantage based on his previous fights with the Hulk. So Thor can put him down in my opinion if he fights battle savy. Green Scar's durability was shit to be honest. It's his healing factor that kept him so formidable, and enough damage can put him down. If Thor fights smart and unrelenting it isn't out of his capabilities. The same goes for Hulk of course, just less so, as he doesn't have the same speed or skill.

If they goes fist for fist? Most likely a stalemate unless Hulk reverts to Banner.

Also to note, Thor isn't reverting to a human like the Sentry.

Thor doesn't need a God Blast to defeat the Hulk. No, Thor's power level wasn't in question in ih 440. You want to think so as the Hulk/Maestro stood with him blow for blow.

He also lost it when he tossed his hammer away. The point is Thor is obsessed with the fact that he can't put the Hulk down. It bothers the Hulk but for the most part he's in his stupid state and has that whole a.d.d. going for him.

In a slugfest Hulk wins. Thor needs his hammer and doesn't get stronger as the fight progresses and doesn't have the healing factor that Hulk has going for him.

I don't see WW Hulk reverting to a human against Thor as he has never burned out like that prior to. Banner's state of mind also made that possible as his mission had been carried out.

WW Hulk puts him down when Thor fights in character. Thor can't beat dumber, less powerful Hulks he isn't beating WW Hulk.

Rage.Of.Olympus
No, Thor's power level wasn't in question in ih 440. You want to think so as the Hulk/Maestro stood with him blow for blow.

He also lost it when he tossed his hammer away. The point is Thor is obsessed with the fact that he can't put the Hulk down. It bothers the Hulk but for the most part he's in his stupid state and has that whole a.d.d. going for him.

In a slugfest Hulk wins. Thor needs his hammer and doesn't get stronger as the fight progresses and doesn't have the healing factor that Hulk has going for him.

I don't see WW Hulk reverting to a human against Thor as he has never burned out like that prior to. Banner's state of mind also made that possible as his mission had been carried out.

WW Hulk puts him down when Thor fights in character. Thor can't beat dumber, less powerful Hulks he isn't beating WW Hulk.

Yes it was. The entire time during that incident his power level fluctuated. At one point he lost all his body mass and was dieing. He was human, then at one point regained some of his power, then he once again started getting worse, then he regained a great deal of his strength, then once again lost all of his power. Read the last arc of the original Thor series. His power levels were in a constant state of flux.

How you can say otherwise is beyond me.

Hell, at one point, the only reason he regained even some of his power, was because Enchantress shielded him. Outside of her shielding, he was constantly losing strength as the World Engine could effect him. To say Thor was at full strength is baseless. Hell, based on the World Engine arc, he would get worse and worse if he was not shielded by the Enchantress. At best his power level is ambiguous. And on top of that, didn't the writer confuse Warrior Madness with Thor simply losing it in a Berserker Rage? I don't remember.

He didn't lose it. He was embarrassed because of the fact he wanted to do battle for no other sake than battle, and Hulk had jumped away, not wanting to fight. But he far from lost it. Like I said, he got a bit too much into the fight. That's all. The only time his ever lost it was that Incredible Hulk issue.

The Hulk has never won a slug fest and won't this time. You seem so focused on how they fight in comics, and based on the comics, Hulk isn't beating him in a slug fest as he has never managed it yet. No Thor doesn't need his hammer to go toe to toe.

When has Hulk getting stronger, ever been a problem? Thor has literally stalemated him for hours on end without showing signs of tiring. Based on his theoretical power set? Yes he will get stronger, eventually. Based on the the comics? His never managed to get strong enough to defeat Thor.

He was never Green Scar either. If Sentry can revert him....but like you said that could be because of his state of mind.

No he doesn't. His never managed to, and more than likely never will. Neither will out slug the other. And Thor's gone toe to toe just fine with Banner less Hulk. Hell Banner less Hulk impressed me more than Green Scar ever did. He was taking on Classic Wonder Man, Namor, Hercules, Iron Man, She-Hulk and holding his own just fine. Banner less Hulk has to be up there with Green Scar. Plus he seemed to me as one of the, if not the most durable incarnation of the Hulk personally if I remember him correctly. Definitely more durable than Green Scar.

kikioshiro
team 1 with easy and each of the team members can solo thor

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by kikioshiro
team 1 with easy and each of the team members can solo thor

They ain't winning easy.

And no.

quanchi112
Yes it was. The entire time during that incident his power level fluctuated. At one point he lost all his body mass and was dieing. He was human, then at one point regained some of his power, then he once again started getting worse, then he regained a great deal of his strength, then once again lost all of his power. Read the last arc of the original Thor series. His power levels were in a constant state of flux.

How you can say otherwise is beyond me.

Hell, at one point, the only reason he regained even some of his power, was because Enchantress shielded him. Outside of her shielding, he was constantly losing strength as the World Engine could effect him. To say Thor was at full strength is baseless. Hell, based on the World Engine arc, he would get worse and worse if he was not shielded by the Enchantress. At best his power level is ambiguous. And on top of that, didn't the writer confuse Warrior Madness with Thor simply losing it in a Berserker Rage? I don't remember.

He didn't lose it. He was embarrassed because of the fact he wanted to do battle for no other sake than battle, and Hulk had jumped away, not wanting to fight. But he far from lost it. Like I said, he got a bit too much into the fight. That's all. The only time his ever lost it was that Incredible Hulk issue.

The Hulk has never won a slug fest and won't this time. You seem so focused on how they fight in comics, and based on the comics, Hulk isn't beating him in a slug fest as he has never managed it yet. No Thor doesn't need his hammer to go toe to toe.

When has Hulk getting stronger, ever been a problem? Thor has literally stalemated him for hours on end without showing signs of tiring. Based on his theoretical power set? Yes he will get stronger, eventually. Based on the the comics? His never managed to get strong enough to defeat Thor.

He was never Green Scar either. If Sentry can revert him....but like you said that could be because of his state of mind.

No he doesn't. His never managed to, and more than likely never will. Neither will out slug the other. And Thor's gone toe to toe just fine with Banner less Hulk. Hell Banner less Hulk impressed me more than Green Scar ever did. He was taking on Classic Wonder Man, Namor, Hercules, Iron Man, She-Hulk and holding his own just fine. Banner less Hulk has to be up there with Green Scar. Plus he seemed to me as one of the, if not the most durable incarnation of the Hulk personally if I remember him correctly. Definitely more durable than Green Scar. Yes, but in this very issue he clearly stated his powers had returned. The writer intended for him to be at optimum power to take on the Hulk. Nowhere in this comic was it mentioned that he was still depowered for their fight.

He went into a berserker rage but that's besides the point. It was intended for this issue and for their fight for both to be completely into the battle at full power.

He was embarrassed because he put so many innocents in harm's way all because of his warrior pride. He didn't completely lose it but he was ashamed of his own actions.

This is a stronger, smarter Hulk. Hulk's powerset favors him not Thor in the manner in which they fight each other.

Thor relies on his hammer. Both don't go down for the count against each other, but the battles usually favor the Hulk imo. Thor fights it the way Hulk wants him to. Hulk will eventually win. Thor will eventually go down.

We don't know how much power the Sentry has though. He went all out and like I said Thor never achieved this against weaker Hulks so we can't assume Thor can do this.

Hulk was more durable back in the day but now it seems his healing factor has compensated for his lack of durability. The writer intended for this Hulk to be the strongest there was up until we saw WB Hulk.

WW Hulk would beat Thor. Until Thor beats up regular Hulk into submission I don't see you having a case.

The Pict
Team one, fairly easy IMO. It won't take long before it's WWH and Superman against Thor.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yes, but in this very issue he clearly stated his powers had returned. The writer intended for him to be at optimum power to take on the Hulk. Nowhere in this comic was it mentioned that he was still depowered for their fight.

Post a scan where it stated his full power has returned. Shit, all we see is some lightning and suddenly his back at full power? His power level was in a constant state of flux.

He went into a berserker rage but that's besides the point. It was intended for this issue and for their fight for both to be completely into the battle at full power.

Okay. Like I said, where did it say he was at full power? His power level was in a constant of flux man. That fight is ambiguous at best. That's why I don't use it to judge how well it would go between either of them.

He was embarrassed because he put so many innocents in harm's way all because of his warrior pride. He didn't completely lose it but he was ashamed of his own actions.

Like I said, he got into the fight, he was enjoying it, but he didn't lose it he was completely coherent. Hence why, when they were knocked into the train tracks, he was worried about the train and the danger it would cause. That's why he dropped his hammer and let it fly away to keep the lady safe. He was coherent enough to not endanger human life. He was simply ashamed that he fought for no other reason to fight. To Thor that has no honor.

This is a stronger, smarter Hulk. Hulk's powerset favors him not Thor in the manner in which they fight each other.

I will admit, that a slug fest is Hulk's strong suit. That is the truth, but it doesn't mean Thor can't match him in a slug fest either though.

Thor relies on his hammer. Both don't go down for the count against each other, but the battles usually favor the Hulk imo. Thor fights it the way Hulk wants him to. Hulk will eventually win. Thor will eventually go down.

He relies on it but he doesn't need it as shown. That could be your view point, but it's always been a stalemate between the two.

Thor fights hand to hand because he wants to. His lucky the writers have Thor do it the way he does.

Baseless. If hours of fighting haven't let Hulk over power Thor, then I doubt it will ever happen. It's a dynamic between the two. A stalemate.

We don't know how much power the Sentry has though. He went all out and like I said Thor never achieved this against weaker Hulks so we can't assume Thor can do this.

It's never been shown to happen to other Hulks. It just might be specific to Green Scar who knows. Like you said it could be Banner's mind set that allowed it to happen.

Thor has impressed me more than Sentry has over the years.

Hulk was more durable back in the day but now it seems his healing factor has compensated for his lack of durability. The writer intended for this Hulk to be the strongest there was up until we saw WB Hulk.

True enough. But Hulk had a healing factor plus a nigh invincible body back in the day.

He didn't have the feats to put him above War Hulk or Banner less Hulk. If we go by what writers intended to be, than the creator for both Hulk and Thor intended "Thor > Hulk".

WW Hulk would beat Thor. Until Thor beats up regular Hulk into submission I don't see you having a case.

No he wouldn't. Like I said no matter the incarnation, whether it's Professor, Savage or Banner less Hulk it's never been more than a stalemate. And it never will be. Hell, that was what was going to happen in the original draft.

Hulk will never out brawl Thor, and Thor will never out brawl Hulk. It's always been the case, and you who so focuses on the comic way of doing things should see that by now.

Banner less Hulk was more impressive and more durable than Green Scar. Does this mean Thor is going to put down Green Scar? No it doesn't. It'll still be a stalemate.

To say one defeats the other completely ignores their comic book history.

quanchi112
Post a scan where it stated his full power has returned. Shit, all we see is some lightning and suddenly his back at full power? His power level was in a constant state of flux.

Okay. Like I said, where did it say he was at full power? His power level was in a constant of flux man. That fight is ambiguous at best. That's why I don't use it to judge how well it would go between either of them.

Like I said, he got into the fight, he was enjoying it, but he didn't lose it he was completely coherent. Hence why, when they were knocked into the train tracks, he was worried about the train and the danger it would cause. That's why he dropped his hammer and let it fly away to keep the lady safe. He was coherent enough to not endanger human life. He was simply ashamed that he fought for no other reason to fight. To Thor that has no honor.

I will admit, that a slug fest is Hulk's strong suit. That is the truth, but it doesn't mean Thor can't match him in a slug fest either though.

He relies on it but he doesn't need it as shown. That could be your view point, but it's always been a stalemate between the two.

Thor fights hand to hand because he wants to. His lucky the writers have Thor do it the way he does.

Baseless. If hours of fighting haven't let Hulk over power Thor, then I doubt it will ever happen. It's a dynamic between the two. A stalemate.

True enough. But Hulk had a healing factor plus a nigh invincible body back in the day.

He didn't have the feats to put him above War Hulk or Banner less Hulk. If we go by what writers intended to be, than the creator for both Hulk and Thor intended "Thor > Hulk".

No he wouldn't. Like I said no matter the incarnation, whether it's Professor, Savage or Banner less Hulk it's never been more than a stalemate. And it never will be. Hell, that was what was going to happen in the original draft.

Hulk will never out brawl Thor, and Thor will never out brawl Hulk. It's always been the case, and you who so focuses on the comic way of doing things should see that by now.

Banner less Hulk was more impressive and more durable than Green Scar. Does this mean Thor is going to put down Green Scar? No it doesn't. It'll still be a stalemate.

To say one defeats the other completely ignores their comic book history. It was implied. You can act like it wasn't but that's just you favoring Thor and refusing to accept the obvious.

In this issue his power was restored. You can talk about Thor's power constantly being in flux but in this issue for this fight it wasn't.

That's still putting innocents in harm's way. Because of their fight innocents were still in danger. He still protected them, but the battle was only to prove who was mightier and quite pointless.

It's Hulk's bread and butter. Thor can hang with him, but in the end it favors the Hulk.

It was later admitted I think in an annual that Hulk is the stronger of the two. It's quite obvious anyways, but Thor needs his hammer at both of their best to take down the Hulk.

Not WW Hulk. WW Hulk was above Thor imo.

This is because they want to appease both fan bases. On here we can have heroes kill and Superman get beaten by Thor. A comic would never see the print that would have Thor beat Superman as dc would never ever let it happen. If you want to embrace this logic here you have all but given up on Thor against Superman.

WW Hulk is superior to Thor based on Thor never beating a regular Hulk into submission before.

Rage.Of.Olympus
It was implied. You can act like it wasn't but that's just you favoring Thor and refusing to accept the obvious.

In this issue his power was restored. You can talk about Thor's power constantly being in flux but in this issue for this fight it wasn't.

Show me where it was implied or stated his full power was restored?

That's baseless. His power level was ambiguous at best in this issue. I don't know how you can claim otherwise.

That's still putting innocents in harm's way. Because of their fight innocents were still in danger. He still protected them, but the battle was only to prove who was mightier and quite pointless.

He put himself at Hulk's mercy just to get innocents out of the way. Whenever their fighting directly endangered mortals, Thor tried to get them out of harm's way.

Like I said, he fought for no other reason to fight. Hence why he was so ashamed.

It's Hulk's bread and butter. Thor can hang with him, but in the end it favors the Hulk.

It never has, and it's baseless to assume it will now. It's Hulk's shtick but he has only managed to stalemate Thor.

It was later admitted I think in an annual that Hulk is the stronger of the two. It's quite obvious anyways, but Thor needs his hammer at both of their best to take down the Hulk.

No it wasn't. Hulk jumps an unsuspecting Thor, lands on his face, and pounds on him relentlessly, and is still unable to put Thor down. His already getting up next panel.

No it's not quite obvious. Far from it.

Thor being battle savvy has been sufficient to punk the Hulk in the past. When he uses his speed, the Hulk can't even tell where Thor goes, and his superior skill gives him an advantage. Fighting smart like he use to, and Thor would gain the momentum. Going blow for blow? Stalemate, with the healing factor favoring Hulk.

Not WW Hulk. WW Hulk was above Thor imo.

This is baseless. Show me what feats Green Scar has that puts him above Thor? What did he do that Thor or say Superman could not as well accomplish?

This is because they want to appease both fan bases. On here we can have heroes kill and Superman get beaten by Thor. A comic would never see the print that would have Thor beat Superman as dc would never ever let it happen. If you want to embrace this logic here you have all but given up on Thor against Superman.

I haven't. And it's not a baseless editorial mandate that isn't backed up by feats. Thor simply rivals the Hulk in strength. Hulk hasn't amped up to a level he would surpass him yet.

WW Hulk is superior to Thor based on Thor never beating a regular Hulk into submission before.

The same could be said for Banner less Hulk who was a hell of a lot more impressive than Savage Hulk, and guess what? Never did more than stalemate Thor either.

Like I said it's been a dynamic between the two. A constant stalemate. That's because Hulk has never managed to amp up to a level his above Thor because of Thor's vast strength reserve.

quanchi112
Show me where it was implied or stated his full power was restored?

That's baseless. His power level was ambiguous at best in this issue. I don't know how you can claim otherwise.

He put himself at Hulk's mercy just to get innocents out of the way. Whenever their fighting directly endangered mortals, Thor tried to get them out of harm's way.

Like I said, he fought for no other reason to fight. Hence why he was so ashamed.

It never has, and it's baseless to assume it will now. It's Hulk's shtick but he has only managed to stalemate Thor.

No it wasn't. Hulk jumps an unsuspecting Thor, lands on his face, and pounds on him relentlessly, and is still unable to put Thor down. His already getting up next panel.

No it's not quite obvious. Far from it.

Thor being battle savvy has been sufficient to punk the Hulk in the past. When he uses his speed, the Hulk can't even tell where Thor goes, and his superior skill gives him an advantage. Fighting smart like he use to, and Thor would gain the momentum. Going blow for blow? Stalemate, with the healing factor favoring Hulk.

This is baseless. Show me what feats Green Scar has that puts him above Thor? What did he do that Thor or say Superman could not as well accomplish?

I haven't. And it's not a baseless editorial mandate that isn't backed up by feats. Thor simply rivals the Hulk in strength. Hulk hasn't amped up to a level he would surpass him yet.

The same could be said for Banner less Hulk who was a hell of a lot more impressive than Savage Hulk, and guess what? Never did more than stalemate Thor either.

Like I said it's been a dynamic between the two. A constant stalemate. That's because Hulk has never managed to amp up to a level his above Thor because of Thor's vast strength reserve. Because of Thor's demeanor when his powers returned. It's obvious he was meant to be at full power. It drives you crazy so you'll deny common sense in this instance.

Yes, but Thor doesn't have Hulk's powers so in the end Hulk wins regardless of them not finishing their battles or not in the comics.

Yes, as he can be easily goaded by the retarded Hulk doesn't bode well for Thor against WW Hulk by any means.

If you are going to say Hulk isn't stronger than Thor you're just a liar. Statements like these are what lead people to call you a fanboy. Hulk is the stronger of the two.

How many times has Thor beaten the Hulk?

Recover from the adamamatium bullets for one. Thor isn't matching Juggs like WW Hulk did either. Supes isn't built like the Hulk and can't weather these storms either.

This is another boldfaced lie. Hulk is stronger than Thor. Onslaught Hulk, WW Hulk, and WW Hulk would own him in a strength contest.

Because of the fancamps. You can't even prove Thor can beat Hulk at all let alone a stronger, smarter Hulk.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Will finish this shit when I get back.

quanchi112
Will finish this shit when I get back. Good.

What I've said all along. Hulk is the stronger of the two while Thor is more powerful.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/HulkANN2001_24a.jpg

Like I said earlier he forgot about the innocents briefly in his battle with the Hulk. Here's proof of it.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/Thor_1987_385_18.jpg

Thor even realizes Hulk's strength has no limits. He was getting stronger as the battle wore on while Thor wasn't.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/Thor_1987_385_20.jpg

At the end of the battle Thor is bloodied and beat up while Hulk is stronger than ever and completely fine from all the damage he had sustained.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/Thor_1987_385_23.jpg

Yeah, WW Hulk beats Thor up.

Naija boy
Team 1 wins this pretty comfortably.WWH will beat abomination really quickly and then its a two on one scenario.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Naija boy
Team 1 wins this pretty comfortably.WWH will beat abomination really quickly and then its a two on one scenario. Who do you favor out of a straight up confrontation between WW Hulk and Thor?

Naija boy
Who do you favor out of a straight up confrontation between WW Hulk and Thor?

IN a slugfest id give it to WWH for sure. higher base strength than previous hulks+amping as fight goes on would give him the win. In a match where thor fights smart and doesnt just try to brawl then definitely thor.

quanchi112
IN a slugfest id give it to WWH for sure. higher base strength than previous hulks+amping as fight goes on would give him the win. In a match where thor fights smart and doesnt just try to brawl then definitely thor. So if Thor fights out of character he wins. I agree by the way. He could bfr the Hulk very easily. If they go head to head WW Hulk wins based on their comic histories.

Naija boy
So if Thor fights out of character he wins. I agree by the way. He could bfr the Hulk very easily. If they go head to head WW Hulk wins based on their comic histories.

Meh tactics and attacks generally considered "in character" for thor in regular fights, he never seems to utilize against the hulk. i guess an argument could be made that against hulk in particular thor usually fights a certain way because of warrior pride......

quanchi112
Meh tactics and attacks generally considered "in character" for thor in regular fights, he never seems to utilize against the hulk. i guess an argument could be made that against hulk in particular thor usually fights a certain way because of warrior pride...... Definitely.

It seems marvel doesn't want to favor one over the other as it would violate one fancamp. Even in freddy vs jason the fight ended in a stalemate with neither character vanquishing the other.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Because of Thor's demeanor when his powers returned. It's obvious he was meant to be at full power. It drives you crazy so you'll deny common sense in this instance.

What demeanor? He said that even Gods can hope for miracles or something along those lines.

It's not driving me crazy, you're just being hard headed. Thor's power set was in a constant flux, at one time he though he had his full powers and tries to summon lightning only to find out he was depowered again. Not even Thor knew whether or not he was at full power. His power level was ambiguous as best like I said.

Yes, but Thor doesn't have Hulk's powers so in the end Hulk wins regardless of them not finishing their battles or not in the comics.

So you're basing this not on what happens in comics, but on who you want to win? Gotcha. Thor one shots the Hulk with a God Blast, since where going down that road.

Yes, as he can be easily goaded by the retarded Hulk doesn't bode well for Thor against WW Hulk by any means.

sly

Goaded? He held an innocent woman in danger. Thor would willingly sacrifice his life to safe an innocent. He didn't outsmart Thor, he resorted to cowardice because he feared Thor with Mjolnir in his hands. He was getting smacked around.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/hulkthor2fight8.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/hulkthor2fight9.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/hulkthor2fight10.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/hulkthor2fight11.jpg

And the Hulk has shown that he is rather coherent at times. It's a bit inconsistent really.

If you are going to say Hulk isn't stronger than Thor you're just a liar. Statements like these are what lead people to call you a fanboy. Hulk is the stronger of the two.

And that is your opinion. Unfortunately in the comics, they've only ever stalemated. On top of Thor apparently restrains himself/holding back against the Hulk.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThorHoldsBackHulk2.jpg

How many times has Thor beaten the Hulk?

About twice. Once we he knocked him out with a bolt of lightning, and when he killed him along with the Thing in reigning. Counting non cannon fights about 3 or 4 times I believe.

Recover from the adamamatium bullets for one. Thor isn't matching Juggs like WW Hulk did either. Supes isn't built like the Hulk and can't weather these storms either.

That's a rather silly example. I might as well, say Thor creating a lightning storm. I never doubt that Hulk's healing factor is easily superior to Thor's natural own.

Match the Juggernaut? He can and he has. Thor has been shown to rival the Juggernaut in strength. In fact if it's strength vs. strength and no invulnerability enchantment, Thor has taken the advantage.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/JuggernautvsThor5.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/JuggernautvsThor6.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/JuggernautvsThor7.jpg

This is another boldfaced lie. Hulk is stronger than Thor. Onslaught Hulk, WW Hulk, and WW Hulk would own him in a strength contest.

Now you're just being silly. Own Thor in strength? You don't even think they are in the same league, even though beings like the Juggernaut and Sentry have stalemated him?

Oh, and Onslaught Hulk is basically the Banner less Hulk incarnation. The Hulk without the restrictions of Bruce Banner. The same Hulk Thor was going toe to toe with and knocked on his ass in the end.

Because of the fancamps. You can't even prove Thor can beat Hulk at all let alone a stronger, smarter Hulk.

He has beaten him. And a superior version of the Hulk does not mean he would beat Thor. If that was the case Banner less Hulk would stomp Thor.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Good.

Cool.

What I've said all along. Hulk is the stronger of the two while Thor is more powerful.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/HulkANN2001_24a.jpg

"Hulk may well be stronger than Thor".

I highlighted the key word.

Like I said earlier he forgot about the innocents briefly in his battle with the Hulk. Here's proof of it.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/Thor_1987_385_18.jpg

And like I said, he was intoxicated by the battle. The moment any direct harm came to any innocent bystanders, Thor tried to take action, as shown by your own scan.

Him not telling people dumb enough to run away while they watch him fight the Hulk is not an indication, of Thor being completely oblivious to human danger. He truly does get intoxicated by battle but he still cares. That's evident by your own scan. Hell, Thor cares about the Hulk. He has never wanted to actually kill him but simply to stop him.

Thor even realizes Hulk's strength has no limits. He was getting stronger as the battle wore on while Thor wasn't.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/Thor_1987_385_20.jpg

And how many times has Thor said his own strength is without limit? His shocked that the Hulk keeps getting back up and getting stronger. So what?

Hulk himself has displayed doubt as to who was superior.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/hulkthor4fight4.jpg

He has never managed to beat Thor much to his frustration.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/hulkthor2fight19.jpg

Hell, Hulk has shown at least some measure of fear of Thor.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/hulkthorfight.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThorHoldsBackHulk1.jpg

And Thor has stalemated Hulk for hours. Clearly Hulk despite his amping has never managed to get stronger than Thor.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/HulkThorEqual.jpg

At the end of the battle Thor is bloodied and beat up while Hulk is stronger than ever and completely fine from all the damage he had sustained.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/Thor_1987_385_23.jpg

That is the worst damage the Hulk has ever done to Thor. Hell, that's more damage done to Thor than by Mangog or the Destroyer to Thor's face. I can't think of any other instance that Thor has been bruised like that off the top of my head.

Impressive no doubt, but the Hulk continuously wailed on Thor's face (Thor would do a have done worse if he fought him with such a fury.). Unfortunately, superficial wounds to Thor with his Asgardian nature mean absolute shit. This guy keeps on fighting and defeats Absorbing Man when he has every bone in his ribcage broken. He can keep on fighting even when he has every bone in his body broken, and he was in constant agony. A drop of blood, and a bruised lip and eye isn't anything that will slow down Thor. You might as well post the scan of Thor blooding up Hulk with a blow.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/hulkthor2fight5.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/hulkthor2fight6.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/hulkthor2fight7.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/hulkthor6fight12.jpg

If Thor continuously pounds on Hulk, the result would be worse.

Thor has the only clear win over the Hulk. This is 616 Savage Hulk and Thing, until Thor went back and erased this time line. Doesn't hold as much merit as it was off panel, but it's pretty clear it was a hand to hand fight between the Thing, Hulk and Thor.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/King%20Thor/DefeatsHulkandThing1.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/King%20Thor/DefeatsHulkandThing2.jpg

Yeah, WW Hulk beats Thor up.

Thor's faced an incarnation at least on Green Scar's level. Hell, he was definitely more impressive in my opinion, and held his own just fine.

Hulk has never managed to out brawl Thor no matter the incarnation. I hope Thor and Green Scar could meet, so that Thor can once against just as easily hold his own.

The Pict
So if Thor fights out of character he wins. I agree by the way. He could bfr the Hulk very easily. If they go head to head WW Hulk wins based on their comic histories.

Not to be sniping but also based on history it's possible for WWH to burn out while fighting a being rivaling his power, like what happened against Sentry. I could definitely see that happening in a fight between Thor and WWH. That being said Team One still take it.

Badabing
It seems any way you look at the fight, Abom gets taken out first. Regardless of Supes vs Thor, it will end up being a 2 on 1 fairly quickly.

quanchi112
What demeanor? He said that even Gods can hope for miracles or something along those lines.

It's not driving me crazy, you're just being hard headed. Thor's power set was in a constant flux, at one time he though he had his full powers and tries to summon lightning only to find out he was depowered again. Not even Thor knew whether or not he was at full power. His power level was ambiguous as best like I said.

So you're basing this not on what happens in comics, but on who you want to win? Gotcha. Thor one shots the Hulk with a God Blast, since where going down that road.

sly

Goaded? He held an innocent woman in danger. Thor would willingly sacrifice his life to safe an innocent. He didn't outsmart Thor, he resorted to cowardice because he feared Thor with Mjolnir in his hands. He was getting smacked around.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/hulkthor2fight8.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/hulkthor2fight9.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/hulkthor2fight10.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/hulkthor2fight11.jpg

And the Hulk has shown that he is rather coherent at times. It's a bit inconsistent really.

And that is your opinion. Unfortunately in the comics, they've only ever stalemated. On top of Thor apparently restrains himself/holding back against the Hulk.

About twice. Once we he knocked him out with a bolt of lightning, and when he killed him along with the Thing in reigning. Counting non cannon fights about 3 or 4 times I believe.

That's a rather silly example. I might as well, say Thor creating a lightning storm. I never doubt that Hulk's healing factor is easily superior to Thor's natural own.

Match the Juggernaut? He can and he has. Thor has been shown to rival the Juggernaut in strength. In fact if it's strength vs. strength and no invulnerability enchantment, Thor has taken the advantage.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/JuggernautvsThor5.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/JuggernautvsThor6.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/JuggernautvsThor7.jpg

Now you're just being silly. Own Thor in strength? You don't even think they are in the same league, even though beings like the Juggernaut and Sentry have stalemated him?

Oh, and Onslaught Hulk is basically the Banner less Hulk incarnation. The Hulk without the restrictions of Bruce Banner. The same Hulk Thor was going toe to toe with and knocked on his ass in the end.

He has beaten him. And a superior version of the Hulk does not mean he would beat Thor. If that was the case Banner less Hulk would stomp Thor. So you're telling me Thor isn't aware of when he is at full power or not? He had his full power restored for the fight. You are the one being hardheaded.

I am going based on how they fight in comics and who it favors, Hulk.

I am talking about later in the fight when Thor tossed his hammer away just because the Hulk said he needed it. Thor was outsmarted by retard Hulk.

We have seen Thor go all out before on Hulk. He wasn't restraining himself in ih 440.

In the reigning that was King Thor. He didn't defeat him with a lightning bolt. He had him at bay and then Hulk recovered. If that's a victory then the Hulk beat him in the same exact issue.

WW Hulk took him on easily with the enchantment intact.

You can't even prove Thor can beat a weaker, dumber Hulk. It's only logical to assume WW Hulk beats him based on the fact Thor can't beat any Hulk.

quanchi112
Cool.

"Hulk may well be stronger than Thor".

I highlighted the key word.

And like I said, he was intoxicated by the battle. The moment any direct harm came to any innocent bystanders, Thor tried to take action, as shown by your own scan.

Him not telling people dumb enough to run away while they watch him fight the Hulk is not an indication, of Thor being completely oblivious to human danger. He truly does get intoxicated by battle but he still cares. That's evident by your own scan. Hell, Thor cares about the Hulk. He has never wanted to actually kill him but simply to stop him.

And how many times has Thor said his own strength is without limit? His shocked that the Hulk keeps getting back up and getting stronger. So what?

Hulk himself has displayed doubt as to who was superior.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/hulkthor4fight4.jpg

He has never managed to beat Thor much to his frustration.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/hulkthor2fight19.jpg

Hell, Hulk has shown at least some measure of fear of Thor.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/hulkthorfight.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThorHoldsBackHulk1.jpg

And Thor has stalemated Hulk for hours. Clearly Hulk despite his amping has never managed to get stronger than Thor.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/HulkThorEqual.jpg

That is the worst damage the Hulk has ever done to Thor. Hell, that's more damage done to Thor than by Mangog or the Destroyer to Thor's face. I can't think of any other instance that Thor has been bruised like that off the top of my head.

Impressive no doubt, but the Hulk continuously wailed on Thor's face (Thor would do a have done worse if he fought him with such a fury.). Unfortunately, superficial wounds to Thor with his Asgardian nature mean absolute shit. This guy keeps on fighting and defeats Absorbing Man when he has every bone in his ribcage broken. He can keep on fighting even when he has every bone in his body broken, and he was in constant agony. A drop of blood, and a bruised lip and eye isn't anything that will slow down Thor. You might as well post the scan of Thor blooding up Hulk with a blow.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/hulkthor2fight5.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/hulkthor2fight6.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/hulkthor2fight7.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/hulkthor6fight12.jpg

If Thor continuously pounds on Hulk, the result would be worse.

Thor has the only clear win over the Hulk. This is 616 Savage Hulk and Thing, until Thor went back and erased this time line. Doesn't hold as much merit as it was off panel, but it's pretty clear it was a hand to hand fight between the Thing, Hulk and Thor.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/King%20Thor/DefeatsHulkandThing1.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/King%20Thor/DefeatsHulkandThing2.jpg

Thor's faced an incarnation at least on Green Scar's level. Hell, he was definitely more impressive in my opinion, and held his own just fine.

Hulk has never managed to out brawl Thor no matter the incarnation. I hope Thor and Green Scar could meet, so that Thor can once against just as easily hold his own. Yes, this is about as close as it gets to Thor admitting inferiority to anyone. Hulk is stronger. He has proven it before and Thor relies on his hammer as the equalizer. Without it he gets bloodied up.

Yes, but my point was unless they were in direct path of anything Thor wasn't aware of it. he was lost in the moment of the battle. This is just what I said. You were wrong again.

It depends on the level of anger and the situation. Thor has never bested Hulk and has fought him for that long which hurts his case more than anything that he won't fight intelligently against the Hulk.

The thing is Hulk's strength is without limit while Thor's isn't. laughing out loud

Why would I post any scans of the Hulk bleeding? Healing factor. He was fine after their fight while Thor was shamed, bloodied, and remorseful of his actions. This Hulk wasn't in his proper state of mind. What's Thor's excuse?

That's King Thor and isn't canon.

Thor would hold his own, but in the end he'd lose to a pissed off/motivated WW Hulk.

quanchi112
Originally posted by The Pict
Not to be sniping but also based on history it's possible for WWH to burn out while fighting a being rivaling his power, like what happened against Sentry. I could definitely see that happening in a fight between Thor and WWH. That being said Team One still take it. I can't see how since they have fought multiple times when the Hulk was much weaker and it didn't happen.

Master Court
Originally posted by The Pict
Not to be sniping but also based on history it's possible for WWH to burn out while fighting a being rivaling his power, like what happened against Sentry. I could definitely see that happening in a fight between Thor and WWH. That being said Team One still take it.

Actually, he didn't burn out. Sentry's aura has a calming effect on Hulk that would not only cap Hulk's power, but also calm him to the point of reverting to Banner.

Regular Savage Hulk has gone all-out before with equal beings, like stalemating regular Thor for hours while they were both exerting as much as possible.

In addition, WWHulk wasn't going all-out against Sentry, even though Sentry was going all-out. "All-out" means to use every drop of power they have. World Breaker's showing directly indicates that prior to reaching the World Breaker level, WWHulk had never used anywhere near his maximum.

So, WWHulk did not burn out. Sentry did. WWHulk reverted because of Sentry's aura. That's what Sentry's aura does. It calms Hulk on a biological level. And when calm enough, Hulk reverts.

Anyway, Team One takes this without much trouble. Abomination drops in the first twenty seconds. Thor doesn't last much longer after that. Hulk is stronger and Superman's faster. And each one easily possess all the right attributes to contend with Thor in other areas like durability and skill.

Spire
Team 1.

Each time.

Rage.Of.Olympus
So you're telling me Thor isn't aware of when he is at full power or not? He had his full power restored for the fight. You are the one being hardheaded.

Do I have to post scans? During that arc his powers were so ****ed up he didn't even know what level he was at. At one point he and Enchantress were in the park, and he stamps his hammer on the ground to summon lightning and surprised that his powerless again.

His power levels were truly messed with at that point. I do not see how anyone could know what level he was at. So like I said, that fight proves nothing as Thor could have been half as powerful, nearly fully powered, or a bit above a normal Asgardian. His levels were totally ambiguous. You have absolutely no evidence to back up the fact that he was fully powered unless I'm missing a few pages from my comic.

I am going based on how they fight in comics and who it favors, Hulk.

And in the comics it's always a stalemate and the Hulk has never come out on top. Hell, Thor is the only one out of the two with a legit win.

I am talking about later in the fight when Thor tossed his hammer away just because the Hulk said he needed it. Thor was outsmarted by retard Hulk.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/hulkthor2fight21.jpg

Are you referring to that?

Granted he threw it away but he wasn't outsmarted by the Hulk. That would indicate that Hulk had wanted him to throw his hammer away which clearly wasn't the case in this moment. He wanted it before while they were fighting hence the hostage.

We have seen Thor go all out before on Hulk. He wasn't restraining himself in ih 440.

Like I said that issue his power level was totally ambiguous.

Other than that, he has always shown restraint. Even stating he didn't want to seriously harm the Hulk and worried about his safety.

The only other time Thor shown even a sign of going to the death was against Banner less Hulk.

In the reigning that was King Thor. He didn't defeat him with a lightning bolt. He had him at bay and then Hulk recovered. If that's a victory then the Hulk beat him in the same exact issue.

That was not King Thor. He had the Odin Force removed by Doctor Strange using the power given to him by the Skyfathers of Earth. Thor defeated Savage Hulk and the Thing on his own.

Yes he did.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/hulkthor6fight13.jpg

He was down and out.

WW Hulk took him on easily with the enchantment intact.

And when Juggernaut was not amped or Thor was not sick/weakened Thor took him on just as easily. Hell, Thor looked better than the Hulk.

You can't even prove Thor can beat a weaker, dumber Hulk. It's only logical to assume WW Hulk beats him based on the fact Thor can't beat any Hulk.

Your logic is that Green Scar is so superior to Savage Hulk and since he hasn't beaten Savage Hulk (Which he has. During Reigining.) he cannot beat or even hold his own against Green Scar (Because I think at least it will be a stalemate. You seem to think he'll get owned in strength.) am I correct?

You'd have a very good point except the fact that Thor took and even gained the advantage over Banner less Hulk (Onslaught Hulk) whose feats were more impressive than Green Scars.

So yea, the argument that "Green Scar > Savage Hulk", which would mean "Green Scar > Thor" won't fly. Thor has been able to match the Hulk no matter which incarnation, which would make sense. Thor holds back against the Hulk. The only other option is that Thor's strength is dynamic. Do you agree with the former or latter?

Rage.Of.Olympus

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Master Court
Actually, he didn't burn out. Sentry's aura has a calming effect on Hulk that would not only cap Hulk's power, but also calm him to the point of reverting to Banner.

Regular Savage Hulk has gone all-out before with equal beings, like stalemating regular Thor for hours while they were both exerting as much as possible.

In addition, WWHulk wasn't going all-out against Sentry, even though Sentry was going all-out. "All-out" means to use every drop of power they have. World Breaker's showing directly indicates that prior to reaching the World Breaker level, WWHulk had never used anywhere near his maximum.

So, WWHulk did not burn out. Sentry did. WWHulk reverted because of Sentry's aura. That's what Sentry's aura does. It calms Hulk on a biological level. And when calm enough, Hulk reverts.

Anyway, Team One takes this without much trouble. Abomination drops in the first twenty seconds. Thor doesn't last much longer after that. Hulk is stronger and Superman's faster. And each one easily possess all the right attributes to contend with Thor in other areas like durability and skill.

Where did it say Sentry's calming aura was what made him revert? Hell, in the earlier issues Reed Richards attempted to use Sentry's calming aura and it did not work. Could have been just a side effect of Green Scar or maybe Banner's mind set at the time like Quanchi said. Not that he ran out of power.

And the Hulk's strength is relative to his anger. He was going all out against the Sentry, but that doesn't mean he had reached his maximum level of strength etc. Pissed off further by the realization of Miek, he amped up to an even higher level. That's all.

quanchi112
Do I have to post scans? During that arc his powers were so ****ed up he didn't even know what level he was at. At one point he and Enchantress were in the park, and he stamps his hammer on the ground to summon lightning and surprised that his powerless again.

His power levels were truly messed with at that point. I do not see how anyone could know what level he was at. So like I said, that fight proves nothing as Thor could have been half as powerful, nearly fully powered, or a bit above a normal Asgardian. His levels were totally ambiguous. You have absolutely no evidence to back up the fact that he was fully powered unless I'm missing a few pages from my comic.

And in the comics it's always a stalemate and the Hulk has never come out on top. Hell, Thor is the only one out of the two with a legit win.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/hulkthor2fight21.jpg

Are you referring to that?

Granted he threw it away but he wasn't outsmarted by the Hulk. That would indicate that Hulk had wanted him to throw his hammer away which clearly wasn't the case in this moment. He wanted it before while they were fighting hence the hostage.

Like I said that issue his power level was totally ambiguous.

Other than that, he has always shown restraint. Even stating he didn't want to seriously harm the Hulk and worried about his safety.

The only other time Thor shown even a sign of going to the death was against Banner less Hulk.

That was not King Thor. He had the Odin Force removed by Doctor Strange using the power given to him by the Skyfathers of Earth. Thor defeated Savage Hulk and the Thing on his own.

Yes he did.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/hulkthor6fight13.jpg

He was down and out.

And when Juggernaut was not amped or Thor was not sick/weakened Thor took him on just as easily. Hell, Thor looked better than the Hulk.

Your logic is that Green Scar is so superior to Savage Hulk and since he hasn't beaten Savage Hulk (Which he has. During Reigining.) he cannot beat or even hold his own against Green Scar (Because I think at least it will be a stalemate. You seem to think he'll get owned in strength.) am I correct?

You'd have a very good point except the fact that Thor took and even gained the advantage over Banner less Hulk (Onslaught Hulk) whose feats were more impressive than Green Scars.

So yea, the argument that "Green Scar > Savage Hulk", which would mean "Green Scar > Thor" won't fly. Thor has been able to match the Hulk no matter which incarnation, which would make sense. Thor holds back against the Hulk. The only other option is that Thor's strength is dynamic. Do you agree with the former or latter? You aren't listening to me. He was fully powered for this fight and didn't act like he was wanting for power at all. The writer clearly intended for his powers to return to him however brief it was in the long run is moot.

Weaker, dumber Hulks have stood toe to toe with Thor so based on your logic then any of these weaker dumber Hulks can go toe to toe with Thor with the belt of strength. Your logic refuses common sense and logic and states no matter what the deal is they are always going to stalemate.

My logic states that a stronger, more tactical Hulk beats Thor since Thor can't even defeat the weaker Hulks he has run into in the past.

Yes, he attacked his pride and easily tossed the hammer away because of his pride. That's called outsmarting your opponent. Even the Hulk realized Thor relies on his hammer which Thor later admitted in the ragnarok arc.

No, it wasn't. You can play that card all you want, but it won't change anything. Thor wanted the Hulk dead and the Hulk wanted Thor dead. Hulk actually thought to save Thor's life when the bomb was dropped and knocked him out of the way. Hulk snapped out of it while Thor was lost to battle lust.

Either way it's not canon anyway. That's like me saying Maestro survived while Thor died from the nuclear fallout.

If you consider that a win for Thor then this is a win for Hulk.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/HulkANN2001_14a.jpg

Thor eventually broke free but it was long enough for you to consider it a win for Thor, hell it was longer as we see on the very next page the Hulk break free.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/HulkANN2001_19b.jpg

Thor's godblast didn't fare so great against Juggs. War Hulk looked to totally dominate Juggernaut despite all his powers remaining intact. WW Hulk easily defeated Juggs without taking away any powers either right after he just trashed two teams of mutants. The Hulk wasn't even close to being defeated by anyone either.

That's not canon so it can't be used as evidence. It took place in an alternate reality. Have you no shame bringing up alternate reality feats because Thor can't beat the Hulk.

How are Onslaught Hulk's feats more impressive than WW Hulk? When did Thor get an advantage over him? Feats are nice and all but the bottom line is how characters match up against each other along with writer's intent.

Thor can't beat weaker, dumber Hulks so he isn't beating WW Hulk. Thor has a limit to his strength and he even admitted Hulk is stronger. WW Hulk would really have a strength advantage over him and Thor would need to rely on his hammer like always to even have a chance against this monster.

Master Court
Where did it say Sentry's calming aura was what made him revert? Hell, in the earlier issues Reed Richards attempted to use Sentry's calming aura and it did not work. Could have been just a side effect of Green Scar or maybe Banner's mind set at the time like Quanchi said. Not that he ran out of power.

And the Hulk's strength is relative to his anger. He was going all out against the Sentry, but that doesn't mean he had reached his maximum level of strength etc. Pissed off further by the realization of Miek, he amped up to an even higher level. That's all.

He tried to synthesize Sentry's aura. It's likely you can't. Hulk has never burned out before, or even shown the capacity to. And given that WWHulk wasn't going all-out, it wouldn't make sense for him to burn out. Besides, they didn't say he burned out anymore than they said it was Sentry's aura. I'm going by logic and history.

And "all-out" is a relative term in regards to Hulk. Basically, having no real "maximum" means Hulk is never truly all-out, even if he's fighting with full effort. Effort and power are two different things, and Hulk's power never stops growing, hence he couldn't have been all-out. Besides, his taunts at the beginning would imply WWHulk knew he was going to win. You only go all-out if you have doubts. Hulk didn't.

quanchi112

quanchi112
He tried to synthesize Sentry's aura. It's likely you can't. Hulk has never burned out before, or even shown the capacity to. And given that WWHulk wasn't going all-out, it wouldn't make sense for him to burn out. Besides, they didn't say he burned out anymore than they said it was Sentry's aura. I'm going by logic and history.

And "all-out" is a relative term in regards to Hulk. Basically, having no real "maximum" means Hulk is never truly all-out, even if he's fighting with full effort. Effort and power are two different things, and Hulk's power never stops growing, hence he couldn't have been all-out. Besides, his taunts at the beginning would imply WWHulk knew he was going to win. You only go all-out if you have doubts. Hulk didn't. I do agree that WW Hulk couldn't have been going all out because if he had been he can't burn out due to his history/powerset. His mindset wasn't angry as his mission was accomplished and he did what he had to to put Sentry down who became the monster in this fight.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Rage.Of.Olympus

Rage.Of.Olympus

Rage.Of.Olympus

Where does it say he failed or he didn't synthesize the aura correctly? I know they jobbed Reed during the arc, but looking at the technology his pulled out of his ass, it's more likely he did create the proper aura and it failed than to say he failed to create the proper aura. Well whatever, I don't really care.

When you say not going all out, you make it sound like he was holding back. That clearly wasn't the case.

And "all-out" is a relative term in regards to Hulk. Basically, having no real "maximum" means Hulk is never truly all-out, even if he's fighting with full effort. Effort and power are two different things, and Hulk's power never stops growing, hence he couldn't have been all-out. Besides, his taunts at the beginning would imply WWHulk knew he was going to win. You only go all-out if you have doubts. Hulk didn't.

Hmm, they are different. Let's put it this way, he was going all out and putting all the effort of the strength available to him (Level of strength he reached.) at that time. Doesn't indicate a maximum, but doesn't make it seem that he was holding back, or not trying to win.

quanchi112

quanchi112

Rage.Of.Olympus
Quan, I don't have the energy, for your ignorance anymore.

I'm going to go out for my comic run, and when I come back I'll try and find the energy to reply to this crap.

Also, let's have a battle zone on the King Thor being cannon later next week. Busy tomorrow.

quanchi112
Quan, I don't have the energy, for your ignorance anymore.

I'm going to go out for my comic run, and when I come back I'll try and find the energy to reply to this crap.

Also, let's have a battle zone on the King Thor being cannon later next week. Busy tomorrow. Crap? Hahahaha. Most of the pr Thor rambling your pc churns out mostly fits your own words rather than my logical posts.

Why? That's just a silly battlezone over such a small issue. Prove it here if you can although you can't.

If you want to create a thread in which we can argue this and gauge everyone else's opinions on the matter.

xJLxKing
Rage, I envy you for having the energy to try and have a debate with Quan

quanchi112
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Rage, I envy you for having the energy to try and have a debate with Quan What points o fmine do you feel I am incorrect about?

xJLxKing
What points o fmine do you feel I am incorrect about?
Who said you are wrong, or right. I just told he that he has a lot of energy, and time to try to convince you about something.

quanchi112
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Who said you are wrong, or right. I just told he that he has a lot of energy, and time to try to convince you about something. he will falter in the end. They all do.

Master Court
Where does it say he failed or he didn't synthesize the aura correctly? I know they jobbed Reed during the arc, but looking at the technology his pulled out of his ass, it's more likely he did create the proper aura and it failed than to say he failed to create the proper aura. Well whatever, I don't really care.

When you say not going all out, you make it sound like he was holding back. That clearly wasn't the case.

Hmm, they are different. Let's put it this way, he was going all out and putting all the effort of the strength available to him (Level of strength he reached.) at that time. Doesn't indicate a maximum, but doesn't make it seem that he was holding back, or not trying to win.

They do say it. Read right after Hulk's finished with the Fantastic Four when they cut to Sentry sitting on his couch. Sue Storm is talking to him and she says, through various speech bubbles, "Bob, it's Sue. We've failed. We tried to do it without you. Reed synthesized your energies. Tried to calm the Hulk down. But it didn't work. We need you now. The REAL you." You get it, now? Sue directly explains the bullsh*t aura didn't work, and they need the real deal. Besides, the reason it calms Hulk is because it soothes the background pain Hulk is usually in. Hulk himself said it stops his skin from burning. So Hulk calms down. It's a biological effect. Not a weird mental effect. Just because Sentry's aura eases Hulk's pain doesn't mean an intelligent Hulk will suddenly forget that he actually has a very valid and legitimate reason to be extremely pissed off.

Anyway, like I said, Hulk knew he was going to win. And besides that, Sentry was saying that WWHulk was the only one that he could go all-out on, essentially meaning Sentry knew he couldn't kill WWHulk. Both of them seemed certain of Hulk's power. Sentry's the one that's all caught up in the fight, but it simply doesn't look like Hulk was working too hard.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Master, Quan. We'll finish this later tomorrow. Don't have the energy to reply to this shit now.

quanchi112
Master, Quan. We'll finish this later tomorrow. Don't have the energy to reply to this shit now. It did take me quite a while to reply to all of your responses. If you want to just surmise all the key points we can do so. Mainly it will be the same stuff thrown around back and forth at this point in the debate.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.