Loki Vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SouthSpawn
Who wins?

Kris Blaze
Thanos can't win.

Nihilist
Thanos wins handily.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Thanos can't win. Thanos stomps a mudhole in Loki.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Thanos and pretty easily.

Kris Blaze
The best Thanos could hope for is a stalemate.

Killing Loki's physical body does nothing and Thanos does not have the telepathy/magic to properly deal with his soul.

quanchi112

Killing Loki's physical body does nothing and Thanos does not have the telepathy/magic to properly deal with his soul. You don't have to kill/destroy for all time someone to win a vs thread here.

SouthSpawn
Originally posted by quanchi112
You don't have to kill/destroy for all time someone to win a vs thread here.

Ok, in an all out war.
No BFR or anything like that.

Bouboumaster
Thanos stomp Loki's face in the pavement

Prep-Man
Loki wins.

galactusischere
The mad Titan should win here

King Kandy
What kind of fight is this? Thanos stomps hard.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by King Kandy
What kind of fight is this? Thanos stomps hard.

How? Energy blasts?

Bouboumaster
How? Energy blasts?

Are you assuming that Loki can even get 1 win out of ten?

Thanos went against his old men and stand his ground. Against Odin, who is all powerful in Asgard.

What kind of chance Loki have against a more powerful, more intelligent and more cunning foe?

Thanos destroy him 10/10

Prep-Man
Loki turns Thanos into butterflies.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Loki turns Thanos into butterflies.
Yeah cuz he does that to Thor all the time.

Additionally, there are scans of Thanos resisting those sort of changes.

Thanos turns Loki into butterflies.

Prep-Man
Thanos doesn't have an ongoing, so he'll be turned into maggots.

Konton
Loki gets wrecked and anyone who believes otherwise is dumb as hell.

Warlord
Thanos doesn't have telepathy?

really?

gogogadgetgo
How? Energy blasts?

pimp slaps

King Kandy
Thanos doesn't have an ongoing, so he'll be turned into maggots.
Whaaattt?

Kris Blaze
Nobody here has any idea how Thanos can win, but they like to assume that because Thanos was able to survive against Odin, whom Loki has beaten, he would win here.

Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Are you assuming that Loki can even get 1 win out of ten?

Thanos went against his old men and stand his ground. Against Odin, who is all powerful in Asgard.

What kind of chance Loki have against a more powerful, more intelligent and more cunning foe?

Thanos destroy him 10/10

Odin is an awful analogy considering that he uses a magical source. Not sure why I'd waste my arguments on you, but Odin is simply a better magician in these cases.

Do you have any idea how Thanos can beat Loki? Because physical attacks won't work, nor will energy attacks. Destroying Loki's body will only mean that Thanos gets ****ed out of his own body.

quanchi112
Originally posted by SouthSpawn
Ok, in an all out war.
No BFR or anything like that. Still Thanos, hard.Originally posted by Prep-Man
Loki turns Thanos into butterflies. That's funny since Thanos did that to a more powerful doppleganger of himself. Loki needs to figure out how to keep Thor down first.

Nobody here has any idea how Thanos can win, but they like to assume that because Thanos was able to survive against Odin, whom Loki has beaten, he would win here.

Odin is an awful analogy considering that he uses a magical source. Not sure why I'd waste my arguments on you, but Odin is simply a better magician in these cases.

Do you have any idea how Thanos can beat Loki? Because physical attacks won't work, nor will energy attacks. Destroying Loki's body will only mean that Thanos gets ****ed out of his own body. Do you honestly think your one scan saves you? Loki has been portrayed as a coward, someone who can't seem to quite defeat Thor no matter who he teams up with or how much time he has, Odin has taken his power and Loki has been sent to the slammer, when another huge threat arrives on asgard Loki always run off to let Thor fight his battles for him. This isn't even close.

Thanos stomps him into the dirt. He's stronger, more powerful, more durable, etc.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Thanos does stomp. A force block would work quite well against Loki. I can't believe Kris is trying to claim Loki has beaten Odin when really.. tricking odin isn't all that impressive. Especially when you get wtf pwned later.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Thanos does stomp. A force block would work quite well against Loki. I can't believe Kris is trying to claim Loki has beaten Odin when really.. tricking odin isn't all that impressive. Especially when you get wtf pwned later.

You don't know what the fukc you're talking about, do you? Loki fought Odin for his body, won and took over. No trickery involved, Odin lost no expression

Try reading some god damned Thor comics before you pretend to know all about Loki. Better yet, try not to judge by the fact that Thor's somehow found a way to beat him once or twice.

DarkOdin
You don't know what the fukc you're talking about, do you? Loki fought Odin for his body, won and took over. No trickery involved, Odin lost no expression

Try reading some god damned Thor comics before you pretend to know all about Loki. Better yet, try not to judge by the fact that Thor's somehow found a way to beat him once or twice.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by DarkOdin
Wasn't odin in the Odin sleep when that happened and Loki had help from Hela to keep Odin' soul there.

Sssshhh.

In all fairness, Loki was just a consciousness then. His body had been killed by Thor, and he was still able to inhabit the body of Odin. The state of Odin's body doesn't matter, since it was naturally stronger than Loki's. A body is better than no-body.

thanos666
with and without reality gem Thanos still take easy victory

DarkOdin
Sssshhh.

In all fairness, Loki was just a consciousness then. His body had been killed by Thor, and he was still able to inhabit the body of Odin. The state of Odin's body doesn't matter, since it was naturally stronger than Loki's. A body is better than no-body.

True but it is not like Odin was at full power. Dus the reason he was in the Odinsleep. then again din has be awaken while in the Odinsleep before and no signs of being weaker.

Kris i wonder if Quan is getting the feeling of role reversal between you to laughing

O and i suggested you shh like i just did

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by DarkOdin
True but it is not like Odin was at full power. Dus the reason he was in the Odinsleep. then again din has be awaken while in the Odinsleep before and no signs of being weaker.

Kris i wonder if Quan is getting the feeling of role reversal between you to laughing

http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/Thor454-15.jpg

There's no logical argument for claiming that Loki was better fit to take on Odin. Odin rests because he's weakened, Loki did not even have a physical form at the time. If the state of their mind actually relies on their physical form then Odin was much better equipped.

In all fairness though. Thanos is more powerful than Loki, but has no way of actually winning this. Loki survives, that's how it always goes down. He escaped from Mephisto, he escaped the soul-suck attack, he escaped being trapped in the time-stream, he escaped being magically locked in various dimensions by Odin, he escaped being trapped in various forms by Odin.

http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/Thor454-07.jpg

Thanos might not be able to kill Loki, but of course, he's still too powerful for Loki to deal with.

quanchi112

Try reading some god damned Thor comics before you pretend to know all about Loki. Better yet, try not to judge by the fact that Thor's somehow found a way to beat him once or twice. Are you kidding me? Please, don't you ever try to twist this stuff just because of your recent Loki love.

Here's a prime example of Loki succeeding in tricking his way to the throne. Let's look at how Loki handles the situation here.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/Thor176-19.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/Thor176-20.jpg
Oh, he ran like a coward despite a more powerful, stronger foe showing up. I guess your tactic like usual isn't how Loki is normally portrayed.

You also lied about Loki just taking On Odin straight up like it was a fair battle.

Here's a weakened Odin after the Thanos clone(that's right) had him poisoned and effectively took him out of the game.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/Thor_vol2-523-021-An2000-04.jpg

Here's how easily he can destroy Loki despite being weakened. Loki has always been like one big problem child. He is easily dealt with when Odin means business.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/Thor_vol2-523-021-An2000-20.jpg

Yeah, Thanos stomps Loki the coward.

godking

Do you have any idea how Thanos can beat Loki? Because physical attacks won't work, nor will energy attacks. Destroying Loki's body will only mean that Thanos gets ****ed out of his own body. Thanos wins this
Not because of magic or energy attacks but because of the simple fact that Thanos has ALWAYS been smarter then Loki if he cant kill him he will either neutralize him or make him his pawn.

Thanos has beaten more powerful smarter opponents then loki.

quanchi112

There's no logical argument for claiming that Loki was better fit to take on Odin. Odin rests because he's weakened, Loki did not even have a physical form at the time. If the state of their mind actually relies on their physical form then Odin was much better equipped.

In all fairness though. Thanos is more powerful than Loki, but has no way of actually winning this. Loki survives, that's how it always goes down. He escaped from Mephisto, he escaped the soul-suck attack, he escaped being trapped in the time-stream, he escaped being magically locked in various dimensions by Odin, he escaped being trapped in various forms by Odin.

Thanos might not be able to kill Loki, but of course, he's still too powerful for Loki to deal with. It says right in the scan that Odin was helpless at the time. The timing was why he pulled it off. In a straight up battle Odin destroys Loki just like Thanos does. You tried twisting the evidence like usual and now since it's been exposed you put the scan up in which it flat out explains Odin was helpless to fight him off.

KuRuPT Thanosi

Thanos might not be able to kill Loki, but of course, he's still too powerful for Loki to deal with.

I agree with most of this.. However, Loki has lost to Thor as you just admit and yet comes back. Thanos would do the exact same thing.. whether Loki comes back or not doesn't matter for purposes of KMC. You also forgot to mention that Odin was weakened and needing rest when Loki tried that little trick. Yet, as I pointed out and like always he was dealt with easily. Odin and Thor always deal with him. However, as I said earlier... I pretty much agree with your assessment sans Thanos does win even if loki isn't permanently killed

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by godking
Thanos wins this
Not because of magic or energy attacks but because of the simple fact that Thanos has ALWAYS been smarter then Loki if he cant kill him he will either neutralize him or make him his pawn.

Thanos has beaten more powerful smarter opponents then loki.

Neutralize him or make him his pawn? facepalm

HOW?

quanchi112
Neutralize him or make him his pawn? facepalm

HOW? By killing him. Since when did Loki become this unbeatable being? The guy was killed by Thor, had his powers drained by a weakened Odin, runs from superior threats, etc. The guy isn't in Thanos' league. Thor with the power gem would have caused Loki to wet the bed.

King Kandy
A weak Thanos clone made Mangog his slave and Loki practically wets himself whenever Mangog has come to fight.

quanchi112
Originally posted by King Kandy
A weak Thanos clone made Mangog his slave and Loki practically wets himself whenever Mangog has come to fight. thumb up

Bouboumaster
**** off, Thanos just smashed him to pieces. What Loki would/coul do against that?

Going intengible? Thanos can manipulate matter.
Trying to turn Thanos into a frog? Thanos travel in domension like a dude go to K-Mart.

Loki best bet is to get the **** out of there, because he's facing something he can get even a single win.

Blanket
Sssshhh.

In all fairness, Loki was just a consciousness then. His body had been killed by Thor, and he was still able to inhabit the body of Odin. The state of Odin's body doesn't matter, since it was naturally stronger than Loki's. A body is better than no-body. Wasn't Odin's spirit released later and owned Loki's?

Also, if Loki's body is destroyed, then the fight is over. Just because a spirit that can't do anything to Thanos survives, that doesn't mean anything. Better yet, the spirit fled as well, and Loki has been beaten down countless times too.

D_Dude1210
Thanos wins via mindrape/enslavement. smile

Blanket
Thanos could win using only his fists

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Blanket
Thanos could win using only his fists

That would be more than enough

bbrem123
it stupid putting people in battles they cant win...but since they cant die people argue a stalemate or win for that character

shits wack

SuperLuigi
loki because the argument for thanos winning is based off loki losing to thor and odin.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by SuperLuigi
loki because the argument for thanos winning is based off loki losing to thor and odin.

What Loki would/could do to Thanos?

And if you compare, Thanos OWNZ Thor and held his ground against Odin.

Lostedge
Thor beats the shit out of Loki all the time by physical power only. Thanos wins.

Warlord
Titan

D_Dude1210
Should be closed for spite/bait. stick out tongue

K Von Doom
Loki COULD pull the stunt he did against Surtur but I think he'll run away if things aren't going his way

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Lostedge
Thor beats the shit out of Loki all the time by physical power only. Thanos wins.

Not really... but he aint winning here.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Not really... but he aint winning here.

Who's not winning? I wish you are talk about Loki, right?

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Who's not winning? I wish you are talk about Loki, right?

Loki aint winning, im not crazy man nor do i like Loki penis cool

quanchi112
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Loki aint winning, im not crazy man nor do i like Loki penis cool laughing out loud But it's a magical peepee.

Wild Shadow
thanos wins his energy pimp slap would still hit intangible loki.... thanos via ko ftw

Colossus-Big C
stalemate or loki wins

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
stalemate or loki wins

Why? Thanos has also showed astral projection and even used his soul to fight and effect the physical world...

http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/Thanos/?action=view&current=thanosastralblast.jpg

Colossus-Big C
loki is undrated , he turned thor into a tree, warped asgard and faced surtur 1 on 1

Wild Shadow
1) thanos is immune to reality warping he has a feat showing it. he also has control of his structure..

2) loki faced Surtur that is all he did.

3) thanos has enthralled the fallen one and lobotomized the maker/kosmos....he has also warped and altered a skrull and transformed mortals into godhood status

4) Thanos has faced Omega and galactus as well......

galactusischere
The Mad Titan wins. Easily.

Harbinger
Loki's underrated by the board as a whole, but that doesn't mean he's strong enough to be a serious challenge for Thanos.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Harbinger
Loki's underrated by the board as a whole, but that doesn't mean he's strong enough to be a serious challenge for Thanos. I agree Loki is underrated.

He aint beat Thanos though.

quanchi112
loki is undrated , he turned thor into a tree, warped asgard and faced surtur 1 on 1 Loki is still Thor's *****, Surtur would destroy him on his own, he's also nowhere near Thanos.

h1a8
IMO only magical forces, or forces of around Galactus level (maybe lesser) can beat Loki. I don't see how Thanos does anything to Loki's intangible form. Loki may not win but he can not lose. But Loki can possibly win so he does.

Colossus-Big C

Killing Loki's physical body does nothing and Thanos does not have the telepathy/magic to properly deal with his soul. LOL isnt that every god?
once they get killed they cant remanifest under there own power

cdtm
Loki wins.

This.

cdtm
...and faced surtur 1 on 1

Taking a direct hit from the twilight sword amped up on the Cask of Ancient Winters to boot.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Harbinger
Loki's underrated by the board as a whole, but that doesn't mean he's strong enough to be a serious challenge for Thanos. thisOriginally posted by quanchi112
Loki is still Thor's *****, Surtur would destroy him on his own, he's also nowhere near Thanos. Whats that mean?Are you saying surtur<Thanos?

cdtm
Loki is still Thor's *****, Surtur would destroy him on his own, he's also nowhere near Thanos.

Surtur is > Thanos.

Nihilist
Originally posted by cdtm
Taking a direct hit from the twilight sword amped up on the Cask of Ancient Winters to boot. Thanos took 2 hits from the Magus amped by 5 infinity gems, so does that mean no one under that power can beat him using your logic?

gogogadgetgo
if thor and superman can do it, so can loki
Happy Dance

Estacado
Apparently Thanos can kill the unkillabke.....313

Colossus-Big C
thanos can stomp

but surtur>thanos to boot

Black bolt z
thanos can stomp

but surtur>thanos to boot This

OneDumbG0
^ Loki pwned Odin's father.

Thanos got pwned by Odin.

vin

Black bolt z
Originally posted by OneDumbG0

vin Whos odins dad?And did loki have any amps?

chomperx9

vin

smokin' ^

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Whos odins dad?And did loki have any amps? Bor. And no, Loki didn't have any amps.

vin vin

Black bolt z
Bor. And no, Loki didn't have any amps.

vin vin Then I guess loki pwns thanos.Logic is cool isn't it?

TheLordofMurder
Loki's best chance to win against this guy is to fight him the same way he fought Surter...and that is to make a ton of illusions of himself and make them fly all around Thanos while blasting away at him...

Since Thanos lacks spell casting ability, and thus cant see through the illusion, he'd have to destroy all the illusions one at a time just as Surter did (it must be stated though that its "possible" that Surter was only able to do this because Twilight was already enchanted by his own considerable mystic power)....

"IF" Thanos can destroy the illusions (and thats a big if considering Thanos lacks magical power), Loki can draw the fight out much longer than their power differential would normally indicate and possibly get a few wins since it would be almost impossible for him to zero in on the real Loki for a good long while...

But if Thanos cant destroy the illusions...then he cant win...he could only stalemate Loki at best and Loki could quite possibly beat him a few times as a result...

All of that said, Loki is a notorius coward (he only fights Thor if there is no other option or if he's so pissed it overrides his fear) and would, no doubt, avoid directly fighting Thanos at all costs...

But he is "capable" of beating Thanos...just not in a face to face slugfest.

Oh, and Loki is definitely underrated on this forum...

Black bolt z
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Loki's best chance to win against this guy is to fight him the same way he fought Surter...and that is to make a ton of illusions of himself and make them fly all around Thanos while blasting away at him...

Since Thanos lacks spell casting ability, and thus cant see through the illusion, he'd have destroy all the illusions one at a time just as Surter did (it must be stated though that its "possible" that Surter was only able to do this because Twilight was already enchanted by his own considerable mystic power)....

"IF" Thanos can destroy the illusions (and thats a big if considering Thanos lacks magical power), Loki can draw the fight out much longer than their power differential would normally indicate and possibly get a few wins since it would be almost impossible for him to zero in on the real Loki...

But if Thanos cant destroy the illusions...then he cant win...he could only stalemate Loki at best.

All of that said, Loki is a notorius coward (he only fights Thor if there is no other option or if he's so pissed it overrides his fear) and would, no doubt, avoid directly fighting Thanos at all costs...

Oh, and Loki is definitely underrated on this forum... Omni-directional blast then concentrated straight blast.2 shot win.

TheLordofMurder
Whats the range of Thanos's AoE?

Certainly the range isnt infinite (I am betting its short range at best)...

And certainly if Loki and the illusions are flying around Thanos (and thus are not up in his face) they could move out of range and continue firing...

quanchi112
this Whats that mean?Are you saying surtur<Thanos? Yep.

Surtur is > Thanos. Nope.

Whos odins dad?And did loki have any amps? Are you comparing Bor to Odin. Laughs.

Since Thanos lacks spell casting ability, and thus cant see through the illusion, he'd have to destroy all the illusions one at a time just as Surter did (it must be stated though that its "possible" that Surter was only able to do this because Twilight was already enchanted by his own considerable mystic power)....

"IF" Thanos can destroy the illusions (and thats a big if considering Thanos lacks magical power), Loki can draw the fight out much longer than their power differential would normally indicate and possibly get a few wins since it would be almost impossible for him to zero in on the real Loki for a good long while...

But if Thanos cant destroy the illusions...then he cant win...he could only stalemate Loki at best and Loki could quite possibly beat him a few times as a result...

Oh, and Loki is definitely underrated on this forum... Loki has no chance. He's nowhere near Thanos level so despite an effective strategy on his part he lacks the firepower and the durablity to contend with Thanos.

TheLordofMurder
If Thanos cant hit him, then Loki's duarbility doesnt matter...

As pertains firepower, its possible that you are correct and Loki cant bring down Thanos, but I dont think this is the case...

Thanos has limits (even though I must admit that his damage soak is immense) and I gotta believe that he couldnt withstand the full force of Loki's magical power indefinitely; Surter was able to do this, but contrary to what you believe Quan, Surter is more durable and powerful than Thanos...

Once again, I truly believe that Loki is underrated on this forum; he definitely isnt an almighty character, but against those who are either weak against magic or those who have no real answer for it, Loki can be a very tough opponent to defeat...

There are many herald level characters (and of course trans tier) that would beat Loki silly in a physical contest...but if Loki fights creatively (and his illusion making abilities give him a huge advantage against many of the herald characters) he doesnt go down with anywhere near the ease that many people assume he will...

quanchi112
If Thanos cant hit him, then Loki's duarbility doesnt matter...

As pertains firepower, its possible that you are correct and Loki cant bring down Thanos, but I dont think this is the case...

Thanos has limits (even though I must admit that his damage soak is immense) and I gotta believe that he couldnt withstand the full force of Loki's magical power indefinitely; Surter was able to do this, but contrary to what you believe Quan, Surter is more durable and powerful than Thanos...

Once again, I truly believe that Loki is underrated on this forum; he definitely isnt an almighty character, but against those who are either weak against magic or those who have no real answer for it, Loki can be a very tough opponent to defeat...

There are many herald level characters (and of course trans tier) that would beat Loki silly in a physical contest...but if Loki fights creatively (and his illusion making abilities give him a huge advantage against many of the herald characters) he doesnt go down with anywhere near the ease that many people assume he will... Why can't he hit him? Do you know who Thanos is?

If his neanderthal brother can figure ways out to hit him despite being tricked and him using his powers effectively why can't a much smarter character like Thanos figure out a way to defeat Loki?

Thor has withstood his full fore and he's nothing to Thanos. Thor has held back and can flat out kill him any time he wants to and Balder also beheaded the guy so please don't act like Loki is hard to hurt. thor broke his arm once I believe with a love tap.

In closing Loki has no chance against someone who takes on Odin who'd demolish Loki I mean he's Thor's whipping boy.

TheLordofMurder
One common flaw I see here is that many of you assume that just because one character tiers higher than another, you assume that the higher tiered character automatically wins...

This is supremely flawed thinking as how one character matches up with another is much more important than each characters overall power level...

Cloak (for example) is a mid-meta level character at best (IMHO), but if he gets the drop on certain herald level characters (and he could concievable do so via stealth) beat them via bfr...and this is despite him tiering lower than herald level...

But oh well...rant off.

quanchi112
One common flaw I see here is that many of you assume that just because one character tiers higher than another, you assume that the higher tiered character automatically wins...

This is supremely flawed thinking as how one character matches up with another is much more important than each characters overall power level...

Cloak (for example) is a mid-meta level character at best (IMHO), but if he gets the drop on certain herald level characters (and he could concievable do so via stealth) beat them via bfr...and this is despite him tiering lower than herald level...

But oh well...rant off. Listen explain to me how Loki beats Thanos. If you cannot then all you have done is basically agreed with me anyways. Also base Loki's winning strategy off a Thanos loss and if you cannot it's just unsupported theory.

TheLordofMurder
"Thor is nothing compared to Thanos"

Ok...I quit...I forgot who I was talking to for a moment; he who idolizes Thanos to such a ridiculous extent that I am betting he sacrifices sheep to the "almighty lord god THANOS" on a daily basis...

There is no point attempting to engage you in a debate about Thanos as he beats anyone in your eyes...come on admit it, if he was serious and giving it his all, he could one shot Kubik...under his own power!? Couldnt he??

Oh and btw, Thor has the magical power to pierce Loki's illusions...thats why that tactic doesnt work against him, but Thanos doesnt have that kind of power, so the tactic he used against Surter should prove pretty effective against him...

Not that I expect that to register in your mind; it would if we were talking about other characters, but not to "omfg uBAR pwns anyone lord god saviour THANOS!!!"

quanchi112
"Thor is nothing compared to Thanos"

Ok...I quit...I forgot who I was talking to for a moment; he who idolizes Thanos to such a ridiculous extent that I am betting he sacrifices sheep to the "almighty lord god THANOS" on a daily basis...

There is no point attempting to engage you in a debate about Thanos as he beats anyone in your eyes...come on admit it, if he was serious and giving it his all, he could one shot Kubik...under his own power!? Couldnt he??

Oh and btw, Thor has the magical power to pierce Loki's illusions...thats why that tactic doesnt work against him, but Thanos doesnt have that kind of power, so the tactic he used against Surter should prove pretty effective against him...

Not that I expect that to register in your mind; it would if we were talking about other characters, but not to "omfg uBAR pwns anyone lord god saviour THANOS!!!" It's funny because I don't know who you are but I am sure my fame leads all to know who I am.

Thor isn't anything to Thanos based on his history and their encounters.

Don't be ridiculous and don't change the subject this is about Loki the guy who was beheaded by Balder and maimed by Thor time and time again. Just recently Void tore him in half quite easily.

So Thanos wouldn't have the power to pierce through his illusions? Wow. It would appear you overrate Loki to laughable levels.

Can Loki trade rounds with Odin or can he maim the Surfer? Can he also take Thor on with the power gem during blood and thunder and come out on top?

Actually make a point this time and keep the personal attacks to a minimum.

OneDumbG0
Surtur is > Thanos. Originally posted by quanchi112
Nope. erm

The Nuul
erm

Its easy...

Odin beats Sur.

Odin didnt beat Thanos.

Thanos > Sur.

See how easy that was?

OneDumbG0
^ I see you've been taught well in the power of the quanchilogic! durfist

In any case, Odin never slapped Surtur around like a red-headed step-child.

quanchi112
erm Based on what? Surtur is less than Odin and Thanos is greater than both. Pretty cut and dry.

Warlord
thanos isn't greater than Odin

TheLordofMurder
Everyone...remember the following quote when it comes to debating/arguing with Quan about Thanos:

"Never argue with an idiot...they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience."

Its completely impossible to have a rational discussion with this guy pertaining Thanos as his love for the character is so ridiculous that its every bit as irrational as blind faith...

He can debate rationally when it comes to certain other characters, but not Thanos...in his eyes Thanos is a f**king cosmic deity who can one shot Kubik with his pinky toe while sitting on the toilet...

Nihilist
Surtur=Odin>>>>>Thanos, and Thanos takes Loki fairly handily, Loki doesn't have much to tkae Thanos down

TheLordofMurder
Possessing a heavy AD&D background (Advanced Dungeons and Dragons; I both DM'ed and played for over 10 years) I know fully well how devastating an opponent a powerful illusionist with a creative mind at the helm can be; they are literally walking chaos...and can screw over most opponents with ridiculous ease...

For that reason, I feel that Loki is typically, heavily, under-written in comics; one, the guy is a significantly more powerful magic user than Doctor Strange (who is pretty darn powerful) and two, illusion is the strongest area of his magic! Yet, time and time again, writers rarely play up to this aspect of his power set...and he ends up looking bad (or subpar) on a far too regular basis...

His showing against Surter is (IMHO) one of his best showings, as someone finally used his illusions in an effective fashion fitting of one who a master at the art...

Anyway, long story short; Loki is a victim of writters who dont know just how powerful (and effective) a powerful illusion can (should) be...

The fact that he is a villian (and thus is destined to lose), combined with a lack of creativity on the part of his writers, has seemingly doomed him to lifetime of low (subpar) showings...

Warlord
Thanos saves

OneDumbG0
Based on what? Surtur is less than Odin and Thanos is greater than both. Pretty cut and dry. Stop speaking retard to me. Surtur has always been roughly equal to Odin. It's why they end up killing each other repeatedly.

And Thanos is not even close to being greater than either. Thanos managed to get b1tchslapped by Odin repeatedly. He'd manage to get b1tchslapped by Surtur repeatedly as well.

Black bolt z
Yep.

Nope.

Are you comparing Bor to Odin. Laughs.

Loki has no chance. He's nowhere near Thanos level so despite an effective strategy on his part he lacks the firepower and the durablity to contend with Thanos. Lie

Lie

I was asking who he was.I'm not sure about who is related to who in asgard.

With enough prep loki could get thanos but not otherwise.Originally posted by The Nuul
Its easy...

Odin beats Sur.

Odin didnt beat Thanos.

Thanos > Sur.

See how easy that was? thumb upOriginally posted by quanchi112
Based on what? Surtur is less than Odin and Thanos is greater than both. Pretty cut and dry. Wrong on both.Sutur isn't less then odin and thanos is much less then odin.Prove odin>Thanos.You can't.Concession accepted.Originally posted by Nihilist
Surtur=Odin>>>>>Thanos, and Thanos takes Loki fairly handily, Loki doesn't have much to tkae Thanos down This is rightOriginally posted by TheLordofMurder
Possessing a heavy AD&D background (Advanced Dungeons and Dragons; I both DM'ed and played for over 10 years) I know fully well how devastating an opponent a powerful illusionist with a creative mind at the helm can be; they are literally walking chaos...and can screw over most opponents with ridiculous ease...

For that reason, I feel that Loki is typically, heavily, under-written in comics; one, the guy is a significantly more powerful magic user than Doctor Strange (who is pretty darn powerful) and two, illusion is the strongest area of his magic! Yet, time and time again, writers rarely play up to this aspect of his power set...and he ends up looking bad (or subpar) on a far too regular basis...

His showing against Surter is (IMHO) one of his best showings, as someone finally used his illusions in an effective fashion fitting of one who a master at the art...

Anyway, long story short; Loki is a victim of writters who dont know just how powerful (and effective) a powerful illusion can (should) be...

The fact that he is a villian (and thus is destined to lose), combined with a lack of creativity on the part of his writers, has seemingly doomed him to lifetime of low (subpar) showings... I play D&D too.Loki is a mage.Thanos would be an aspect.He wins.Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Stop speaking retard to me. Surtur has always been roughly equal to Odin. It's why they end up killing each other repeatedly.

And Thanos is not even close to being greater than either. Thanos managed to get b1tchslapped by Odin repeatedly. He'd manage to get b1tchslapped by Surtur repeatedly as well. This.Odin didn't totally smack the crap outta thanos but he would easily take a solid majority.

Sr J-Bieb
The fact that he is a villian (and thus is destined to lose), combined with a lack of creativity on the part of his writers, has seemingly doomed him to lifetime of low (subpar) showings... Thanos is a villian. Thanos has a lack of creativity in his powers from writers.

Thanos wins easily 10/10

TheLordofMurder
I have no doubt that Thanos has a huge power advantage on Loki, but a well written Loki wont go down easily to Thanos...

And I contend that a well written Loki is capable of beating Thanos (doesnt mean he absolutely will beat him though)...

Afterall, while he obviously didnt win, a well written Loki (during "The Surter Saga"wink lasted longer against Surter than Thor did...

And that didnt happen because he's more powerful than Thor (because he obviously isnt); it happened because the writer used his powers of illusion in an effective manner...a manner that made Loki very difficult to hit...

Back to my point of Loki being capable of beating Thanos; if Loki fights Thanos the same way he fought Surter, I believe he will definitely give Thanos trouble...

Afterall, Loki's attacks hurt Surter and thus I gotta believe that he'll be hurting Thanos as well...and while Thanos can withstand tremendous damage, his damage soak isnt infinite...Loki's attacks will add up...

In the end, if Thanos cant come up with a solution to his illusions (and without prep, there is no logical solution for Thanos dealing with this aspect of Loki's power based on Thanos's known powerset), Thanos goes down; might take a while but it would be inevitable...

Or at the very least, Thanos would be forced to withdraw as he simply cant win...

And to everyone else's counter-argument that Thanos wins "10/10 because he's Thanos," I have yet to see one logical argument here for Thanos that allows him to effectively deal with Loki's illusions...

Not a single one...all you guys say is "Thanos wins...Loki has nothing for him...ect, ect."

Give me a compelling argument as to how he can deal with the illusions without prep or retract your stance on this fights outcome...

TheLordofMurder
The only halfway reasonable solution to Loki's "Surter Assault" for Thanos is an omni-directional blast that someone suggested earlier in this thread...

The problem with this is that this AoE is short range from what I have seen of it and thus if Loki fights Thanos as he fought Surter, this AoE is useless as the illusions (and the real Loki) were flying around Surter at a distance blasting away at him...

So, this attack fails to deal with the illusions...

If someone can come up with a "compelling" solution for Thanos dealing with the illusions without prep, then I'll retract my stance that Loki is capable of beating Thanos...

Nihilist
The only halfway reasonable solution to Loki's "Surter Assault" for Thanos is an omni-directional blast that someone suggested earlier in this thread...

The problem with this is that this AoE is short range from what I have seen of it and thus if Loki fights Thanos as he fought Surter, this AoE is useless as the illusions (and the real Loki) were flying around Surter at a distance blasting away at him...

So, this attack fails to deal with the illusions...

If someone can come up with a "compelling" solution for Thanos dealing with the illusions without prep, then I'll retract my stance that Loki is capable of beating Thanos... Thanos would just use his cosmic senses to find the real Loki, just likw he did when he indentified a Skrull in disguise amonst a hoard prisoners and Thanos' omni directional blast destroyed a large part of the Klyn, Loki can't avoid that type of blast.

TheLordofMurder
Since Loki is a god who specializes in illusion, I am betting his illusions are far more convincing than a Skrull in disguise; I am betting (once again going back to my AD&D background) that his illusions have quasi-real aspects to them that make seperating them from the real Loki far more difficult than you might think...

Thanos hasnt done anything that greatly impressed me as pertains his cosmic senses...thus I am not convinced he could find the real Loki this way...

Nihilist
Since Loki is a god who specializes in illusion, I am betting his illusions are far more convincing than a Skrull in disguise; I am betting (once again going back to my AD&D background) that his illusions have quasi-real aspects to them that make seperating them from the real Loki far more difficult than you might think...

Thanos hasnt done anything that greatly impressed me as pertains his cosmic senses...thus I am not convinced he could find the real Loki this way... Thanos has used his senses to attain that Galactus was well nourished and that the doppleganger was more powerful than him, and Loki quashi mystical power won't be a problem for Thanos has he has studied and uses mystic black arts as part of his power, that's why he was barred from Titan centuries ago, and again Loki can't avoid a omni blast, plus Loki has no other way of putting Thanos down

TheLordofMurder
Loki's illusions were convincing enough to fool Surter; he couldnt see through Loki's illusionary Loki's (he had to destroy them all one at a time) and Loki's illusion of the Eternal Flame (once again) was convincing enough to fool Surter (thus the illusion had to be more than just an image; it had to radiate heat, mystic power, and feel solid as well)...

And given Surters status and him being a purely mystic being, I gotta believe his innate senses are pretty sharp...and yet he still couldnt penetrate Loki's illusions...

As for the omni directional blast, he still has to target it somewhere...and given that the illusionary horde will be be blasting at him from a distance...the real Loki will still be very difficult to hit...

TheLordofMurder
And attacking him from a distance while blasting away from every direction might I add...

TheLordofMurder
And one more thing...can Thanos negate magic?

Thor has demostrated this ability...as has Surter (as when he destroyed the illusions)...Thanos, on the other hand, never has...

So not only will he be faced with Loki's illusionary horde, but he wont be able to lessen their numbers (as Surter did) so Loki will constantly remain very very difficult for Thanos to hit in this fight...

Nihilist
All well and good but if you knew anything about Thanos any energy based attacks do virtually nothing to him, and Thanos omni blast do target anything in particular, they just spread across a wide radius.

TheLordofMurder
Dude, I am willing to concede that its "possible" that Loki doesnt have enough firepower to put Thanos down...

The problem I have is that many here just automatically assume that because Thanos is a much more powerful character, that he washes his penis with Loki with ease...

I just dont think a well written Loki goes down as easily as many here think; unless you have a sure fire way of dealing with Loki's greatest strength (his illusions) it doesnt matter that a given character far above him...Loki is not an easy out in such a case...

As I have stated in an earlier post, how one character matches up with another is much more important than who is the overall more powerful character...

And Thanos doesnt really have an answer for the illusions of a well written Loki...

Nihilist
LOL this isn't CBR , Loki doesn't use his illusions that often in combat: Thanos far more options that he has regulary used in combat to put Loki down.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Nihilist
LOL this isn't CBR , Loki doesn't use his illusions that often in combat

Hence my assertion that Loki is typically, heavily, written down; he jobs like some of the Elders of the Universe (most which job so badly so frequently that it makes me question wether they should be in the trans tier sometime)...

Yes, in a comic book Thanos is going to own the living hell out of Loki because Loki will job like hell and will spontaneously (a la Thor) forget 95% of his powerset from the moment he lays eyes on Thanos...

Loki is a notorious coward who is fully aware that he isnt as physically capable as many of the elite characters in the Marvel universe (hell he isnt even as physically capable as some meta-human level characters; I'd put money on The Thing to KO Loki inside of 3 rounds in a pure hand to hand contest every single time)...yet he somehow always ends up face to face with someone who can clearly kick his ass...and this happens despite his ability to teleport virtually at will...lol.

Given his cowardly nature, you'd think he'd be written to make use of ranged attacks combined with powerful illusions whenever possible, but this is rarely the case...

But in some very rare cases, he is written appropiately (The Surter Saga being perhaps the best he's ever been written as pertains his powerset)...and on these once in a decade events, Loki is a very tough opponent to put down...its a shame that it happens so rarely.

OneDumbG0
LOL this isn't CBR , Loki doesn't use his illusions that often in combat: Thanos far more options that he has regulary used in combat to put Loki down. FYI, Loki uses illusions in pretty much every single fight he;s ever been in.

KuRuPT Thanosi
ummmm no... Loki would own The Thing in a h2h affair based on speed and power.

Now to the rest of your post... It's not in character for loki to just start throwing around illusions from the jump. That is the first problem with your scenerio. Even still, lets say he does, why are you so convinced Thanos won't be able to detect the real Loki. His senses and intelligence are keen and I think he will be able to detect loki. Maybe not right away, but soon enough that he won't have to deal with all these illusions and never be able to find Loki. That is simply hogwash.

Furthermore, Loki doesn't have the firepower to put down Thanos at all. So this is just turning into how long Loki can last, not whether he can win or lose. On the contrary, Thanos certainly has enough to put Loki down and without going near all out. A few omni directional blasts, Cosmic Awareness, Teleportation and Loki honestly can only survive for a bit before being put down or running away. Most likely he would self Bfr himself.

Sr J-Bieb
lol at illusions.

All he has to do is shoot at them randomly ignoring other powers. It's not like Loki can take him out. Especially when he has shields as well.

Nihilist
FYI, Loki uses illusions in pretty much every single fight he;s ever been in. From what i remember Loki never used Illusions during his battles during Ragnarok(or at least not like he did against Surtur: ie multiple foes) and he never used illusions against Apocalypse.

And a omni directional blast such this would take care of any illusions.
http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/3826/2tn9.th.jpg
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/7210/3px6.th.jpg

OneDumbG0
From what i remember Loki never used Illusions during his battles during Ragnarok(or at least not like he did against Surtur: ie multiple foes) and he never used illusions against Apocalypse. Two fights? You're citing to two fights? Loki didn't use Loki copies against Apocalypse but he literally approaches him under the guise of being human, i.e., an illusion. And he's used illusions against Thor in just about every fight he's ever had against him. He's used illusions in every fight he's had with the Avengers. He's used illusions against the Thor Corps. He's... whatever. Just trust me. Loki uses illusions in pretty much every fight he's ever been in.

Nihilist
Two fights? You're citing to two fights? Loki didn't use Loki copies against Apocalypse but he literally approaches him under the guise of being human, i.e., an illusion. And he's used illusions against Thor in just about every fight he's ever had against him. He's used illusions in every fight he's had with the Avengers. He's used illusions against the Thor Corps. He's... whatever. Just trust me. Loki uses illusions in pretty much every fight he's ever been in. Oh, i believe you about illusions/disguises, but im talking about creating multiple illusions to attack with like he did against Surtur, and like i said before Thanos senses allowed him to spot a skrull disguised amonst a group of prisoners, so i reckon he will be able to sense the true Loki.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Two fights? You're citing to two fights? Loki didn't use Loki copies against Apocalypse but he literally approaches him under the guise of being human, i.e., an illusion. And he's used illusions against Thor in just about every fight he's ever had against him. He's used illusions in every fight he's had with the Avengers. He's used illusions against the Thor Corps. He's... whatever. Just trust me. Loki uses illusions in pretty much every fight he's ever been in.

Do these illusions give him the win as what is name implies?

Colossus-Big C
i may be wrong but i think
loki should be/is more powerful than thor

the Darkone
loki should be/is more powerful than thor

Loki is no where near more powerful than thor, Thor is over all more powerful than Loki that's a fact, Loki is smarter and better magic user that's it. Thor bloodline is truly divine Odin and Gaea,, stated by Odin himself wanted a son whose powers exceeds his own and Asgard.

Sr J-Bieb
loki should be/is more powerful than thor If you're posting, it's wrong. There is no 'may' in there.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.