AMC's Monsterfest 2009

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Micheal_Myers
Not sure if this belongs here. If an admin feels it should be in Horror, go ahead and move it.

Anyway, just got done scopin out the schedule for this years Monsterfest on AMC and I gotta say its lookin pretty sad this year.

Anybody else know of any other channel's who are gonna have horror movie events for the Halloween season?

MildPossession
You should come to England, you would feel grateful for what you get on television in your country around Halloween. We get f**k all... they do have the genius idea of showing the film HALLOWEEN on HALLOWEEN night though...

That's why this year, I'm sticking to buying some new horror dvds to watch. smile

Can you provide a list of what this television channel is showing, I can't find one, only something called Fearfest.

Micheal_Myers
I guess they changed the name from Monsterfest to Fearfest.

A few films I know off the top of my head are
Halloween
Halloween 4
Halloween 5
Psycho
The Fly
The Fly 2
Night of the Living Dead (Literally 3 times in a row on Halloween night.)
The Shining
Thirteen Ghosts
King Kong (1976)
Raising Cain
Wolf
The Frighteners
Puppetmaster
Buffy The Vampire Slayer
Return of The Living Dead

They used to show more.
Hellraiser
Psycho 2 and 3
Halloween 2 and 3
American Werewolf in London
Just to name some I remember.

MildPossession
Raising Cain? good film but not really something Horror for Halloween... can do better than that. That is actually quite a rubbish list out of all the horror films in the world.

When it's released, I'll put up what is shown for the majority of us here in the UK around Halloween.

Micheal_Myers
I was actually hoping for more OLD monster movies this year. They wont have to edit them for television. Ugh... I agree, most of its rubbish, but I am fond of some of it too. Its just that the ones I'm fond of I've seen a gazillion times. And the ones I havent seen dont interest me with their premise.

Myth
Most of those I have seen or have little interest in seeing. Kind of disappointing.

On a related note, this is the first year for me having HBO. Do they usually have a lot of horror movies around Halloween?

Micheal_Myers
To be honest...I dont really remember. I had HBO, but we could no longer afford it so we had it canceled...

MildPossession
So far, next week we have in one week on our Channel 4 here in Britain, Saw I, II and III...

Micheal_Myers
Originally posted by MildPossession
So far, next week we have in one week on our Channel 4 here in Britain, Saw I, II and III...

Heavily edited I presume?

MildPossession
Well they are on channel 4, they don't edit after the watershed.

MildPossession
Well as I thought, not much of a selection on during the week leading up to and after Halloween:

So from what I can remember on 'normal' television, not sky/cable.

Halloween - original...
The Host
Some older Hammer Horror film
Ghostship - remake - was shown only about a month ago as well...
Prom Night - original
Halloween II
Halloween III
Dead Set - television mini series

Wonderful...

Micheal_Myers
Originally posted by MildPossession
Well as I thought, not much of a selection on during the week leading up to and after Halloween:

So from what I can remember on 'normal' television, not sky/cable.

Halloween - original...
The Host
Some older Hammer Horror film
Ghostship - remake - was shown only about a month ago as well...
Prom Night - original
Halloween II
Halloween III
Dead Set - television mini series

Wonderful...

Wish they'd show some Hammer Horror over here. sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.