Max Payne versus Bob Lee Swagger...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
Max Payne

l4Y0dUH9yXg

uDZT5xNCyw0&feature=related

VERSUS

Bob Lee Swagger

1ubSJ-7fnIE

Payne is armed with his Beretta, his backup revolver, and his shotgun. Swagger is armed with a Beretta and an M-4 assault rifle. The battle takes place in the night club from "Lethal Weapon", you know, where Riggs and Murtaugh escaped and pursued Joshua.

Impediment
LW1?

Rogue Jedi
Mhm. You know, after Riggs was electrocuted by Indo.

dadudemon
Max Payne only because he has higher damage soak. Skills in close combat seem similar...but I'd still give Max Payne the edge here, as well.

It's hard to tell...but......maybe Swagger is the more intelligent one here.

So, just because of the damage soak of Payne, I'll give to Payne.

jinXed by JaNx
Did Payne have special ops training? From what i remember he was just a cop with no outstanding skills other than, maybe, above average detective skills. Give swagger a gun and he isn't going to miss his target...,Swagger wins.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by dadudemon
Max Payne only because he has higher damage soak. Skills in close combat seem similar...but I'd still give Max Payne the edge here, as well.

It's hard to tell...but......maybe Swagger is the more intelligent one here.

So, just because of the damage soak of Payne, I'll give to Payne.

Max had a higher damage soak because he was jacked up on Valkyre. You gotta remember that Swagger was shot in the shoulder and leg, and managed to escape a city wide search (FBI and Police) for him.

CQC? Swagger, no contest, he pwns Max here.

Overall, I'd say Swagger 6/10.

Let's do two scenarios here.

Scenario one: Payne is jacked up on Valkyre. (Payne 8/10 IMO)

Scenario two: Payne has no Valkyre in his system. (Swagger 9/10 IMO)

Robtard
Swagger, that assault rifle and his better skills give him the edge. Damage soak or no, Payne isn't taking 5-6 to the gut/chest/face and getting up.

Rogue Jedi
Dont count Payne out so easily, he was pretty uber in his shootout scenes.

dadudemon
I revise my close quarters combatant assessment. It goes to Swagger.

Payne also went, completely by himself against lots of soldiers...so I got to give him the "unplanned" edge. He's better at reaction. (Duh, that was kind of the whole gimmick in the video game so they had to do that a couple of times in the movie.)

I think RJ has it best. Payne 9/10 when on the drug. Swagger 6/10 without Payne on the drug.

Rogue Jedi
Unplanned is a toss up. Swagger took two bullets, disarmed Memphis, stole his car, and escaped the city wide search. None of that was planned.

Utrigita
Things also worked rather well in Swaggers favor during that escape.

Anyway Swagger for the win when Max isn't on Valkyre, and reverse when Max is on it.

Rogue Jedi
Things worked out in his favor? How? He dove out the window, he disarmed Memphis, he saw situations and reacted. I call it skill.

Utrigita
I call stumble across a inexperienced FBI Agent that is completely taken off guard by the situation, taking him down (yes that was skill) and getting that very same FBI agents car which happened to have a first aid kit in the back, circumstances working out in his favor. And yes skill was involved but skills didn't stop him from bleeding, the first aid kit did. (which made it a good movie imo)

Rogue Jedi
Well, it was a government vehicle, he apparently knew the first aid kit was there, so that kinda implies that all government vehicles have them, and he knew that. If it wasnt there, he probably woulda found another way.

In the novel, Swagger's escape was way cooler. He dove into a river and clung to the bottom of a floating log while breathing through a bamboo reed. He stopped the bleeding by using a dunkin donuts donut wrapper, plugging the hole with it. And it was a chest wound in the novel.

Utrigita
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Well, it was a government vehicle, he apparently knew the first aid kit was there, so that kinda implies that all government vehicles have them, and he knew that. If it wasnt there, he probably woulda found another way.

In the novel, Swagger's escape was way cooler. He dove into a river and clung to the bottom of a floating log while breathing through a bamboo reed. He stopped the bleeding by using a dunkin donuts donut wrapper, plugging the hole with it. And it was a chest wound in the novel.

Ofcause they have them, hell even I know that police cars have first aid kits in the back, and ofcause off all the cars he could get a hold on he just happens to get a FBI car. Yeah but question was how good he would have been off if he hadn't stopped the bleeding.

Then I liked the movie better *shrug* but that is probably just me.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Utrigita
Ofcause they have them, hell even I know that police cars have first aid kits in the back, and ofcause off all the cars he could get a hold on he just happens to get a FBI car. Yeah but question was how good he would have been off if he hadn't stopped the bleeding.

Then I liked the movie better *shrug* but that is probably just me. And the answer is if there was no first aid kit, he would have plugged the wound some other way.

Robtard

Bamboo reed, WTF? Was he in Asia in the book?

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
Bamboo reed, WTF? Was he in Asia in the book? Some kinda hollow stalk, I just said "Bamboo reed" for descriptive purposes.

Robtard
Some kinda hollow stalk, I just said "Bamboo reed" for descriptive purposes.

Gayest post ever.

Rogue Jedi
Swagger is uber, byatch.

Riot-Gear
Swagger is the more skilled of the two in both CQC and ranged combat. This means that anytime he fires he has more of a chance of hitting. Honestly I can't see him missing. So even if Payne is more durable he is going to be getting shot more so it all works out.

Truth is Swagger being a trained sniper and all Payne may never see him coming.

Rogue Jedi
No sniping here, see the OP.

Riot-Gear
No sniping here, see the OP.

While the OP designates environment and weapons load its does not keep Swagger from sniping. Or using his skill in evasion and stealth.

Rogue Jedi
Swagger is armed with an assault rifle, not a sniper rifle and they are in a restrictive space, his stealth will be an asset, but not much of one.

Riot-Gear
Swagger is armed with an assault rifle, not a sniper rifle and they are in a restrictive space, his stealth will be an asset, but not much of one.

You can snipe with out a weapon specifically built for said purpose. According to an online dictionary the definition of snipe is..

1. (Military) (when intr, often foll by at) to attack (a person or persons) with a rifle from a place of concealment

Though even this definition is a bit restrictive as even a sniper who has been spotted ( not in concealment ) can still snipe and the work can be done with a weapon other then a rifle.

In other words sniping is an action. Some thing done, not the weapon used.

As for the environment being confined. It is more so then say the woods, but it is still more then enough space to get hidden and wait out your opponent. Which is a possibility given Payne's guns blazing approach and Swaggers patience.

Rogue Jedi
You gotta remember that revolver Max had, it blew doors off hinges.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.