Namor vs Sentry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

joesha28
I know they fought twice...do anyone hav scans?
But here goes...

joesha28
Vs

snoopdogg
Namor is out of his league here.

joesha28
But he cld hold his own rite...Sentry a wuss who runs away

snoopdogg
Sentry did Namor a favor by running away.....

joesha28
U hav scans...

Eternal Idol
Sentry would win more often than not, but would nurse his wounds and bruises for a good while.

Blanket
Namor would stomp

Eternal Idol
You know... I'm gonna take back what I said.

Sentry's array of powers give him an edge in the fight, but Namor has proven himself time and time again to be one of toughest bastards on Marvel Earth.

bbrem123
Sentry stomps...Namor has no chance

joesha28
Namor mentally stronger...

bbrem123
^and?

Namor cant win

joesha28
Iron man did win

bbrem123
? without prep iron man has no chance either

namorsubby
i gotta give this to sentry.

namor would give him a fight though

bbrem123
sentry was toying with him...they had to take sentry out the way they did because they sure as hell knew they wernt going to overpower him

sentry dispatches him with litter effort

namorsubby
sentry didnt best namor so easily in their first indecisive fight if i do recall correctly.......namor even bloodied him a little

bbrem123
i couldnt tell you...is it in on of there respect threads?

r0nm0n88
namor is very strong, and very tough. But sentry is sentry, he is in a different league. Sentry should win a strong majority

KingD19
In the newest fight it seemed like Namor knew that Sentry was above him, but he said he would try his best, and he actually held his own.

bbrem123
it wasnt that long of a fight tho...namor got no hits off and sentry didnt seem to be trying to hard...kinda lame way to end there fight...i would have liked to see how it would have ended if sentry didnt get bfred

namorsubby
Originally posted by bbrem123
i couldnt tell you...is it in on of there respect threads? i dont know.....a bit of it is on my torch thread.

either way im not really debating on who will win this fight in the long run, but i think namor could hold his own.

oh yeah, and the namor sentry fought was a younger and possibly more powerful version in avengers/invaders. i mean he did best the modern namor in a fight after all, but only because current namor was faking.......then he came back and knocked him one......actually current namor could be better.....idk, its confusing.

Warlord
Remember what Sentry did to Atuma?

That's how a pisless fight would go

namorsubby
i concur

but seriously

Warlord
That series got some of Sentry's best showings...too bad he is not written like this anymore

joesha28
attuma was way weaker than Namor

Warlord
durability wise I don't see vast diferences. They could both endure the presures of the ocean. And I don't see namor surviving a blitz going for the kill by Sentry. Just like Atuma

quanchi112
Sentry wins if he goes all out.

Parmaniac
oh man...

without PIS there is not even a small chnace for Namor...

complexbrother
Sentry desrtoys Namor physically, but Namor would desrtoys Sentry's confidence in himself.

vansonbee
Originally posted by Warlord
Remember what Sentry did to Atuma?

That's how a pisless fight would go
It was few panels, but ya. Energy blast took off his head.

Originally posted by complexbrother
Sentry desrtoys Namor physically, but Namor would desrtoys Sentry's confidence in himself.
That seem like Gladiator weakness lolz

Anyways, Namor is strong, but Sentry was way stronger in there last clash, and he left due to Void reappearance.

tkitna
If Sentry brings his A game, Namor dies in mere moments.

h1a8
Sentry at his half best is leagues above Namor. Do any think Namor would have lasted against WWH or catching Terrax's axe and breaking it like it's nothing? Sentry at his worst emotional state should be a decent fight for a hydrated Namor. But IMO, even this Sentry would win a majority.

Grinning Goku
Sentry drowns Namor in his own blood. Oh, the irony...

xJLxKing
Sentry

namorsubby
Originally posted by h1a8
Sentry at his half best is leagues above Namor. Do any think Namor would have lasted against WWH or catching Terrax's axe and breaking it like it's nothing? Sentry at his worst emotional state should be a decent fight for a hydrated Namor. But IMO, even this Sentry would win a majority.

here namor stalemates a blood-lusted thor(partially underwater)
http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/clokeagne_supernova/Namor%20Respect/Namor%20titles/Battles/AtlantisRising01a.jpg
http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/clokeagne_supernova/Namor%20Respect/Namor%20titles/Battles/AtlantisRising01b.jpg
http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/clokeagne_supernova/Namor%20Respect/Namor%20titles/Battles/AtlantisRising01c.jpg
http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/clokeagne_supernova/Namor%20Respect/Namor%20titles/Battles/AtlantisRising01d.jpg
http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/clokeagne_supernova/Namor%20Respect/Namor%20titles/Battles/AtlantisRising01e.jpg
http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/clokeagne_supernova/Namor%20Respect/Namor%20titles/Battles/AtlantisRising01f.jpg

considering that, he still can't put up any sort of fight against sentry?(btw, he already has once, Avengers/Invader #2)

edit:
take a close look at the segment of battle underwater.......namor was dominant and decisively controlling the fight, was he not?

tkitna
Originally posted by namorsubby

edit:
take a close look at the segment of battle underwater.......namor was dominant and decisively controlling the fight, was he not?

Namor punched him twice and Thor flew him back out of the water while telling him that he has had enough and you consider that a small victory or stalemate for Namor? I consider that a showing of Thor taking everything Namor could muster without so much as a whimper.

Its funny how this board has been seeing Namor just surviving these encounters with Sentry and Thor as high end feats. Its laughable.

tkitna
Also, the Avengers/Invaders book was awful. The Sentry may have had his worst showing ever in that book. My god, he flew away from the Human Torch who he could have destroyed in a few seconds. He also traded a punch or two with Namor and all of a sudden all the Sentry haters couldnt wait to shout out how he's on Namor level now. Give me a break. That book was beyond lousy.

namorsubby
Originally posted by tkitna
Namor punched him twice and Thor flew him back out of the water while telling him that he has had enough and you consider that a small victory or stalemate for Namor? I consider that a showing of Thor taking everything Namor could muster without so much as a whimper.

Its funny how this board has been seeing Namor just surviving these encounters with Sentry and Thor as high end feats. Its laughable. it's laughable how you could call what i just posted namor "just surviving" a thor encounter. thor was blood-lusted, and namor did just fine, neither won that encounter, no one had the upper hand overall......that's undeniable.

when did you see namor whimper, aye? when thor tossed his hammer at him? nope. when he slammed him into the sea floor? nope

what exactly are you trying to prove here?

tkitna
Your stating that Namor was controlling the fight and dominate when Thor was unfazed even underwater. I never said Namor whimpered. I said Thor took his best possible shots without a whimper.

Maybe this will clear it up for you.

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/7941/invaders3304.jpg

It really should be that easy for Thor.

namorsubby
Also, the Avengers/Invaders book was awful. The Sentry may have had his worst showing ever in that book. My god, he flew away from the Human Torch who he could have destroyed in a few seconds. He also traded a punch or two with Namor and all of a sudden all the Sentry haters couldnt wait to shout out how he's on Namor level now. Give me a break. That book was beyond lousy. no use crying over spilled milk.....or in this case already written canonical material.....no matter how much you wanted whoever to emerge victorious

namorsubby

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/7941/invaders3304.jpg okay.......i've seen that......care to post all their other silver age encounters......probably not.

BTW, yours is from 1975........mine's just a tad more recent, sorry.

tkitna
I accept your apology

Warlord
Well this fight really showed that when Thor wanted the figh over, it was over

tkitna
no use crying over spilled milk.....or in this case already written canonical material.....no matter how much you wanted whoever to emerge victorious

I'm not denying thats its canon and I can understand why you have such a hard on for it, but any rational comic fan will tell you it was a crap series.

namorsubby
Your stating that Namor was controlling the fight and dominate when Thor was unfazed even underwater. I never said Namor whimpered. I said Thor took his best possible shots without a whimper.

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/7941/invaders3304.jpg

It really should be that easy for Thor.
are you reading what i typd thoroughly?

yes, that is what i stated, but no where in my statement did i once say namor was adversely affecting thor in anyway.........and let's be honest here. who is really more likely to be going all out, the blood-lusted asgardian......or the defensive atlantean? at the very least their both going pretty hard at it.

how it should be? please, in all their other fights thor's never so easily bested him........he's shrugged off mjolnir twice

namorsubby
Originally posted by Warlord
Well this fight really showed that when Thor wanted the figh over, it was over that makes sense......except for in the fight i posted thor was much more passionate about putting an end to namor......but he still he failed to do the same as in their much older comic fight

tkitna
but no where in my statement did i once say namor was adversely affecting thor in anyway.........

You said dominating and controlling him when in truth all he did was punch Thor twice and when Thor tired of him, he flew him out of the water (easily taking him out of his element with hardly any effort) and disposed of him after telling him he was tired of it.

Two punches and then being thrown about like a rag doll is hardly controlling and dominant to me. maybe you meant something else with the words dominant and controlling and I misunderstood.

namorsubby
You said dominating and controlling him when in truth all he did was punch Thor twice and when Thor tired of him, he flew him out of the water (easily taking him out of his element with hardly any effort) and disposed of him after telling him he was tired of it.

Two punches and then being thrown about like a rag doll is hardly controlling and dominant to me. maybe you meant something else with the words dominant and controlling and I misunderstood. lol......when you say things like "disposed of him after telling him he was tired off him" you make the fight seem like an absolute effortless pound on thor's behalf, which is no where near the case. lol, like he just took all namor's punches then backhanded his head off or something.

"disposed of him" lol.......come on, he threw the guy.

the fact is while underwater namor evaded thor and made all the offensive moves......that's being dominant and controlling a fight, point blank.

thor had to remove him from the water

"thrown about like a rag doll" lol

you know if i had only heard about this fight from you, i wouldn't assumed something so far from what actually happened that it's plain ridiculous. you sure do pick your words with prejudice

Warlord
Let's be fair with Namor here. If there is someone who can hang at least for a while with the top guns it's him.

That is assuming the fight goes as a brawl and the "Top Gun" does not go all out at once (which usually is the case.)

In that context I can see Namor giving a fight to Thor, Sentry, Black Bolt etc...

Things would be much different if the above guys decided to go all out using a godblast, the voice, vast energy projection/speed combo etc...

That's only my perspective of course...

tkitna
lol......when you say things like "disposed of him after telling him he was tired off him" you make the fight seem like an absolute effortless pound on thor's behalf, which is no where near the case. lol, like he just took all namor's punches then backhanded his head off or something.

Not quite to that effect, but it seems effortless to me. (I was wrong also. Thor actually got hit three times underwater.)

http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/clokeagne_supernova/Namor%20Respect/Namor%20titles/Battles/AtlantisRising01d.jpg

And here he is disposing of him after he told him that he has had enough.

http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/clokeagne_supernova/Namor%20Respect/Namor%20titles/Battles/AtlantisRising01e.jpg

Throwing, disposing,,,,whatever word you want to associate with what happened is fine by me. The results are the same.

Lol. It was three punches and he did some Mary Lou Retton move to avoid one of Thors punches. Big deal. Thor was unaffected. Namor sure didnt avoid being grabbed and ripped from the ocean like a rag doll that I mentioned before. Heaven help him if Thor actually threw him into orbit (Sentry has been shown to do these types of things). That would have been a quick fight wouldnt it?

That remains to be seen, but I think it was a wise decision. The fact that he did it so easily is what surprises me.

The scans right there.

Guilty as charged sometimes and I really dont need to go to all those measures when a simple question is asked. Do you feel that Namor could take the Sentry and Thor and the obvious answer is No.

Your right. Why am I arguing about this when its so clear cut?

joesha28
Guys guys guys... as u always see when big powerhouses fight...they do get thrown like a rag doll... why even famous Superman has been thrown like a rag many times.
I personally put Namor in Wonder Woman's level...a step below powerful herald-level like Thor, Surfer, Gladiator....But Namor has a way with pure bricks like Hulk..Thing...and he can hang on against great powerhouses without getting beaten.
As for Sentry who is a wuss in the mind... he is way powerful from the hype as Godlike and God not even Supes had that hype... He is not Superman-lite...he more like heavy duty Supes, Silver-age Supes. But also the weakest Superhero ever thks to his mind.

tkitna
Originally posted by joesha28
I personally put Namor in Wonder Woman's level...

Then you would be wrong.

Wonder Woman is clearly above namor also.

Battlehammer
Depends who shows up jobbing Sentry or Godlike Sentry. Also how much we saying CIS effects Sentry, I mean with it off, he should wreck Namor. His full potential is absurd, and he certainly faster, if he actaully utilize that speed in a fight, he been able to make it to the sun from earth within like 2 or 3 pannels, that like a matter of seconds well beyond anything Namor shown in speed. He also shown to be so durable Thing punch him full out and could not even budge or phases Sentry, and Thing was able to make WWH Hulk feel his punches amoung others. Sentry causally tossed Thing away like he was a joke. He also broken believe it was cosmic level being Axe if believe. The viod which is he powers had Savage Hulk scared shitless and broke all the bones in his body. Namor was able to one hit Hulk I was told once while in the water, but that still not as impressive as breaking all of Hulks bones and scaring him shitless. Also if CIS was removed he has the ability to mind rape Namor as he was able to erase his Existences from the world. He ripped off queen mod i believe it was head. He even was I believe warp out of reality and was able to come back from it and bring back the dead, not that it help in a fight, but I thought I mention it anways. He also is not against throwing people in the sun, or dragging people to space like carnage and ripping them apart. Hell he killed effortlessly terrorist cell of Alatians easily.

BlindMurdock
Namor doesn't stand a chance against Sentry.

iceman24567
Then you would be wrong.

Wonder Woman is clearly above namor also. laughing Namor Wonder Woman level laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.