Fellowship of the Ring vs The Two Towers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dark_Queen
hi LOTR fans!!!
i hope you like my new forum smile .Basically,the title of my forum speaks for itself....which movie did you all enjoy more,FOTR or TTT & why???!!!
thanks!!!

Dark_Queen
ps. maybe i can add up people's respones and tell you the results if you likewink

Mujaffa
its a tread you Queen, who is Dark....
you put this movies up against each other... their both very good!

Dark_Queen
i know,mujaffa,it was very hard!!!smile

but i am of the opinion that the FOTR(movie,that is) was a little better....lol

Onawien
Well they are both part of the same stoylines, but over all it would be TTT as the action really begins, in the FOTR it is just introducing the characters and story.

Dark_Queen
hi onawien,welcome 2 my forum!

yes TTT does have some great battles,like Helm's deep.i loved all the action,but i thought PJ altered the storyline too much in TTT,especially with faramir,and the ending!Don't u agree?
and i think the actors found it a bit harder to play their characters,like frodo for example.i mean,i couldn't do any better,but frodo and sam were the least well done.frodo kept rolling his eyes and snapping at sam,and then he turned on sam,and to top it all off sam tells frodo to put the ring on!!!arrrghhh! TTT was a bit of a mess in that respect. whereas in the FOTR frodo and sam were more believable. phew..im out of breath..lol
i hope you understood all that,lol

Dark_Queen

Onawien
well, i do agree, pj did say he wasnt going to stay true to the book, although he did in FOTR. when they were filming, they didnt film the movies in order, when filming FOTR they also filmed parts of ROTK also, the actors had to change the characters quit abit, especially frodo's character. but they all enjoyed playing them, they liked the challenge.

I suppose you were right about frodo and sam in the FOTR. In the TTT i was very supprised when Smegol/gollum (not sure how to spell it) called sam a fat hobbit.

the character gimli is very good in the TTT though, in the film, TTT gimli was my favourite.

Dark_Queen
u are right,it was a challenge!and PJ did film 3 big movies back to back in a short period.the actors did quite a good job overall,but the TTT did dissapoint me a little,considering that frodo & sam are my fav characters.i suppose by having frodo act that way towards sam,it was meant to show that his character was becoming "darker",because of the ring etc.
and as u said,that was a bit silly when gollum(i hate spelling it too),called sam a "fat" hobbit.it was funny in a way!!.
so u like gimli the best?i like gimli too.not very many notice poor gimli.he was quite funny in TTT movie,especially when he was having trouble riding his horse!!lol

Dark_Queen

Onawien
gimli is a very essential character with a comical humour. but my favourite character of the trilogy would have to be Aragorn, hands down.

mah
gimli was my least favourite character in TTT-the movie. he had too many pun-lines and it was all a bit racist towards the dwarves. frodo, sam and all the others were good IMO

Ushgarak
LOTR has a hard time recongising racism. In that it is full of it- powerful white males defeating evil armies of darkness, and fighting back slanty-eyed easterlings and coloured Haradrim...

Look at the Rohirrim. Blonde haired, blue eyed...

Product of his time, was Tolkien, though in his defence he spoke out VERY strongly against anti-semitism.

mah
yeah, but I was more pointing out that the dwarves appear to be silly, clumsy little men in TTT cause of gimlis mischief

Dexx
i liked fotr a little better too. But i'm really waiting to see TTT at cinema, or a divx, something!..maybe i'll change my oppinion.

finti
I have only seen TTT once I need a couple of more viewings to put them up against each other.

mah
they are very different films, yet seeing as its part of one story they're not really two films. anyway, I like them both equally much

Izz
At first i liked FOTR better, because i just love elves, and they aren't in TTT very much. i was quite glad when finally a few turned up at helms deep. but TTT shows a lot of aragorn, and he's cool. and so is treebeard. but as finti said, i'll have to watch it a few more times first. and it's gonna take ages before the dvd is finally released! Aaaaaargh! mad and i don't think someone will go with me to see it in the cinema (for the third time).......

Arien
TTT was soo much better than FOTR. i think gollum was portrayed as a much better character in TTT. in FOTR, he was some evil being, but in TTT, he has some life and a purpose, too. and wormtongue is cool, in his own dimented little way. legolas rocks his socks, if he wears any. hey- new question- do elves wear socks, or do their boots just stink really bad?

Dejio
TTT, hands down. I've seen this movie more times than FOTR.

Dexx
i guess i like fotr better because of it's impact on me. It basicly openned my whole lotr universe. I read the books and so on afterwards.

Fire
FOTR does have a few scenes with can really make me shiffer with a sense of happyness and understanding which before that only my late grandfather could give me, which is very nice
FOTR is a much warmer movie then TTT
but when it envolves story and combat TTT is awesomely better

glorfindel
TTT,s is better imo v good film
but maybe TRoTK will be even better we can only hope
smokin'

Dexx
TTT was supposed to have the best cgis

mah
which can't be true since the ROTK cg work is worked on now

Dexx
i mean as part of the story..the grandness, not just technique

glorfindel
i think that when all the films are released with all the extra bits tacked on an a cinima plays all three back to back i will be there.
smokin'

Master Nate
There both Brilliant...but i do like TTT better.....dont know why though...

Captain REX
I didn't mind Gimli's puns too much, though it did seem a bit silly.

So far I liked Fellowship more, especially since it kept with the book more than TTT.

Member.
compared to TTT, FOTR sux.
compared to FOTR, all other movies suck.

humble_hobbit
they were both the best movies ever! trust me to say that..lol
"compared to FOTR, all other movies suck"
i agree with you ,member

TrixStar
They are both great for different reasons. FOTR lays the foundation and the whole plan, but I think two towers is more interesting to the not so die hard fan. I loved both though.

BOPRecruit 16
it's hard to say. they were both good movies. i like the first one 'cause the viewer gets introduced to the races and culture of middle earth. in the 2nd one, the serious and dark events of war coming.

when i saw the first one, i had never read the books, i was really lost. 2nd one, my friends and i got really sugar high in mid of it. after the first movie i read all the books.

making a movie version of "the hobbit" sounds interesting. ^.~

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.