New Abortion Law going into effect 11/1 in OK

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Jello
http://www.sos.state.ok.us/documents/Legislation/52nd/2009/1R/HB/1595.pdf

This is the text of the law.

All the survey questions on pages 8 through 30 will be asked of every recipient and posted on a public website.

In other words, do you really think its a good idea to list the name of the doctor, the type of abortion, the race of the woman, where she lived, what kind of abortion, the reason for abortion, the education of the woman and all the other wonderful things on there that are public record and could be easily used to identify providers and recipients of abortions.

Now it's already known that domestic terrorists like Operation Rescue keep online detailed records of abortion providers and other statistics which in the past have been used for attacks and so far, the FBI has gone after individuals and is pretending these aren't coordinated attacks.
So going beyond the issue that this kind of thing violates both the US and Oklahoma constitutions, is it really worthwhile to post information in the public record that targets a group and discourages women from getting medical help out of fear that some redneck vigilante terrorists are going to shoot them or blow up their houses up?

And yes, I know you wouldn't think it based on how the Justice Department has acted post 9/11, but Right Wing, militant domestic criminals are terrorists and are statistically and in terms of probability much more dangerous than Islamic terrorists or what Earth First! has unfortunately become.

thoughts?

King Kandy
This is just pathetic. It's like a de-facto ban on abortion.

Darth Jello
If these kinds of laws are passed in spite of violating rights protecting other laws, what's to stop Georgia or Alabama from creating an official public list of known homosexuals or known jews with the same kind of vague yet easily cataloged and identifiable information?

Symmetric Chaos
Definitely not the sort of thing that should be online. How would this mesh with doctor-patient confidentiality?

Darth Jello
It wouldn't, hence the lawsuits. Seems like a pretty blatant violation of HIPAA at the very least.

-Pr-
that's messed up. i don't see how any supposed democracy could endorse something like that...

Robtard
Ah, finally a step in the right and decent direction for America.

If these murderers can't be reasoned with, they'll just have to be humiliated and threatened into doing the right thing, or in this case, not doing the wrong thing. Win-win.

Darth Jello
If the city of Los Angeles did the same thing with boob jobs, I'm sure it would cause a server crash.

Robtard
Boobs jobs aren't murder; they're improvements. Glad you admit abortions are big-business and this is the reason why murder of children is legal. it's all about the $$$. Ha, got you!

jaden101
I'm struggling to think of something I care less about than this topic.

Robtard
Originally posted by jaden101

How about that white stuff that forms at the corners of your mouth when you're thirsty and are talking too much?

dadudemon

My big-toenails are shaped differently because the rate of growth occurs at different places on each nail. (One nail, the growth occurs fastest on the right side of the toenail. The other nail, it grows fastest in the center.)

no expression

jaden101
Nope...Pretty sure I care about those things more than some boring US abortion law.

Other things I care about more than US abortion law.

Why lemons go soft when they are over ripe but limes go hard.

The fact that my neighbours TV aerial shakes when it's windy outside.

I saw a fox on the way to work yesterday.

There are 76 threads on my bar-bell for the stoppers.

The fact that there's ads at the bottom of KMC pages that noone will ever scroll down far enough to see.

dadudemon
Nope...Pretty sure I care about those things more than some boring US abortion law.

The fact that there's ads at the bottom of KMC pages that noone will ever scroll down far enough to see.

Wow. Yeah. I guess you really couldn't careless about this, then. You're the first person that example hasn't worked on. (Any time someone says something like, "there's nothing else that I couldn't less about than that", I hit them with the toenail growth thing.)

Also, I thought it was awesome that you saw a Fox. Now foxes around here.

And, 76 threads, huh? So, you actually counted those?

Robtard
The toenail growth anomaly is a little bit interesting, as it's likely caused by inbreeding, which is common in Mormon communities.

jaden101
Yep....I actually stopped for a minute....went over to the corner of the room and counted them...Just for you guys.

If you want to know an even more boring fact...It sits in the south west corner of my bedroom along side a boom stand for my mic, my les paul guitar hero guitar with Union Jack face plate, a hat that my ex gf gave me and a pile of House MD dvds. There's also a Lion Rampant flag on the wall next to it. It's on the same wall as my bedroom window.

Exciting huh?

Symmetric Chaos

Now all we need is some bread and a few circuses.

Darth Jello
Read the damn post. The issue isn't abortion so much as it is the government posting private information publicly that could (and will) expose people to terrorism.

Robtard
Originally posted by Darth Jello
Read the damn post. The issue isn't abortion so much as it is the government posting private information publicly that could (and will) expose people to terrorism.

Terrorist are happy American mother's are murdering their children. It says them the plane crash.

Darth Jello
I meant the more dangerous kind of terrorists. You know, the kind that aren't on any watch lists and hide behind crosses or swastikas and bomb clinics

inimalist
white christian male is still the most prominent racial/religious profile for a terrorist in America

jaden101
Originally posted by Darth Jello
Read the damn post.

I'd rather not, given that most of what you write is boring, Amerocentric bullshit that I don't really give two shits about.

Not trying to offend you. I just don't find most of it relevant (to me) and thus don't find it interesting because it's not relevant.

Kris Blaze
Good luck with that new law America.

Before you know it, you'll have to pay to go to the hospital.

The Dark Cloud

How about gay marriage, but this ranks up there

jaden101
Originally posted by The Dark Cloud
How about gay marriage, but this ranks up there

Are you proposing to me?

No thanks.

siriuswriter
can someone please summarize this fairly objectively in layman's terms. i am not fluent in legalese.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by siriuswriter
can someone please summarize this fairly objectively in layman's terms. i am not fluent in legalese.

Anyone getting an abortion in Oklahoma will have to answer a number of personal questions which will be recorded permanently by the Department of Health and available to the public. It's not just a blatant scare tactic but also places patients and doctors in serious danger.

siriuswriter
well, that basically had no effect on my reaction to what i tried to understand.

which was basically :
my sense of hope for the united states to ever have a rational thought or feeling = miffed

if there's one thing i've learned on this forum, it's that any bit of idealist in a person grows smaller and smaller if they enter the 'fact' threads.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.