Nightcrawler vs Mr.X

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

thanos-prime
Nightcrawler is bloodlusted and gets 3 swords. X gets 2 swords

Survivor19
X for majority IMO; like 7-8/10

Mshinu
X reads Kurt like an open book , cuts his tail off and makes him cry "HILFE" before putting the german out of his misery.

thanos-prime
Originally posted by Mshinu
X reads Kurt like an open book , cuts his tail off and makes him cry "HILFE" before putting the german out of his misery. Nightcrawler is as agile as spidey and can teleport and is a master swordsman i don't think it will be easy for either of them

vansonbee
Originally posted by thanos-prime
Nightcrawler is as agile as spidey and can teleport and is a master swordsman i don't think it will be easy for either of them Mr.X

KingD19
Considering Kurt goes to a different dimension when he ports, his mind is unreadable during that time, and when he reappears, he'll already be attacking with both swords in his hands, and his tail(which he is very good at), Nightcrawler for the solid majority.

StiltmanFTW
It would be unreadable just for a split second.

Mr X imo.

Brutacus
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
It would be unreadable just for a split second.

Mr X imo.

How fast do people think???
Or how fast can NC think.

StiltmanFTW
X would know where NC wanted to teleport before he did.

Brutacus
X would know where NC wanted to teleport before he did.

Hmm yes your correct.
Mr X for the win

thanos-prime
X would know where NC wanted to teleport before he did. i thought X read neural impulses not actual telepathy

StiltmanFTW
i thought X read neural impulses not actual telepathy

It's telepathy that makes it possible for him to read those impulses.

thanos-prime
It's telepathy that makes it possible for him to read those impulses. Yes but has he actually read anyone's thoughts?

dmills
Yes but has he actually read anyone's thoughts?
No. As a matter of fact It was Wolvie who said he was a LIMITED telepath because he didn't know what Wolverine was doing when he was psyching himself up for a berserker rage. He hasn't actually shown the ability to read minds in a Prof X kind of way.

However he does seem to be able to sense intentions on some level. At least it seemed that way in the latest Thunderbolts issue when he knew that Headsman was about to hit Scourge with his axe instead of Songbird.

thanos-prime
Originally posted by dmills
No. As a matter of fact It was Wolvie who said he was a LIMITED telepath because he didn't know what Wolverine was doing when he was psyching himself up for a berserker rage. He hasn't actually shown the ability to read minds in a Prof X way. Then i say nightcrawler he can never know for sure what he will do

dmills
Originally posted by dmills
No. As a matter of fact It was Wolvie who said he was a LIMITED telepath because he didn't know what Wolverine was doing when he was psyching himself up for a berserker rage. He hasn't actually shown the ability to read minds in a Prof X kind of way.

However he does seem to be able to sense intentions on some level. At least it seemed that way in the latest Thunderbolts issue when he knew that Headsman was about to hit Scourge with his axe instead of Songbird.

Yep. My one caveat being that X seems to possess a sort of "Rulk factor" where he pulls feats/abilities right out of his ass.

KingD19
And NC can teleport so many times in under a few it's ridiculous. X himself said he reads neural impulses, so he would be hard pressed to fight against Kurt's unpredictability and style of fighting.

redhotrash
Nightcrawler bloodlusted would be brutal too. Like his AoA counterpart he would have no qualms about teleporting body parts off.

KingD19
Forgot all about that, he might just decide to dismember X and be done with it.

Battlehammer
It's telepathy that makes it possible for him to read those impulses.
actaully I believe thoses are two seperate abilities.

KingD19
Technically one is a sub-category of the other. Reading neural impulses is just a very low and focused form of TP.

Brutacus
Originally posted by KingD19
Forgot all about that, he might just decide to dismember X and be done with it.

For the 616 NC it would be out of character to take a body part with him in the teleport so he wouldn't do it in this fight.

Battlehammer
Technically one is a sub-category of the other. Reading neural impulses is just a very low and focused form of TP.
he does not read them his body locks onto it reflexivly.

He also TP blocker dont seem able to block this ability just his Telepathy.

KingD19
It may be automatic, but he still mentally reads his opponent's neural impulses, he said so himself.

Battlehammer
It may be automatic, but he still mentally reads his opponent's neural impulses, he said so himself.
His body reflexivly does it me does not mentally need to read anything.

He reads peoples minds, but thats a seperate ability. His ability to map on to nueral imulses seems unable to be blocked.

KingD19
His mind locks on to their neural impulses, and his body reacts.

And yes, his neural reading has been blocked, Wolverine went berserker, no impulses clear enough to read. Also, when Ghost was intangible, X had no defense against him.

Battlehammer
His mind locks on to their neural impulses, and his body reacts.

And yes, his neural reading has been blocked, Wolverine went berserker, no impulses clear enough to read. Also, when Ghost was intangible, X had no defense against him.
naturally occures.

Actaully Berserker wolverine did not block it at all. Berskerer Wolverine only blocked out his telepathy which is why it was a one trick poney. It surprized X becuase though X reflexivly locks on to ones impulses he also reads peoples minds which makes him extremely deadly becuase he has almost perfect defenses and offenses.

Intangible did not block it so much as X could not lock onto his impulses becuase of being Intangible. However TP blockers seem unable to block it. X was unable to read black widow mind due to TP blockers she had, but he still reflexivly lock onto her impulses.

X posses TP and the ability to lock onto his opponents brian impulses. TP can be blocked by TP blockers however his other ability seem uneffected.

KingD19
Normally you can't block the neural thing because you can't stop yourself from thinking, unless you're Wolverine.

And you shouldn't be surprised, when Wolverine is berserk, there's no mind to read, and no impulses to lock onto, both of his powers are moot at that point.

Battlehammer
Normally you can't block the neural thing because you can't stop yourself from thinking, unless you're Wolverine.

And you shouldn't be surprised, when Wolverine is berserk, there's no mind to read, and no impulses to lock onto, both of his powers are moot at that point.
You dont get it, X ability would reflexively work anyways, becuase he locking on your impulses your brain sends to move your body. His ability to read ones mind is seperate power all to gather.

Berserk wolverine has a high level of tactical mind. He just has rediculous mental defenses that make it next to impossiable to enter his mind while berker, he cna also switch to pure instinct which makes it even harder.

KingD19
I know that, that's why I said his neural power can't be blocked, you can block his TP, which is extremely low level compared to most real telepaths, so a simple psi-shield can do the trick. But his neural trick can't be blocked because no matter how strong your mind is, unless you act completely on instinct, which is usually nothing but reacting to whatever happens, then you can't not think, go here, do that.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Battlehammer
actaully I believe thoses are two seperate abilities.

Frank Tieri (his creator) pretty much said in the interview that its his telepathy that does that:

In Thunderbolts Natasha also pretty much said that the whole nervous system mapping on to precursors is the result from him being a psychic. Digimark already explained that in Midnighter vs. Mr X thread, but I'm too lazy to find it right now.

Of course you can interpret these statements differently. I'll respect your opinion.

I propose that we wait for Mr X one-shot. It should provide all the answers we want.

Oh and didn't Kitty use to block TP while intangible?

Juk3n
Lusted NC would be scary as hell, Mr X is a squishy aswell, it's within X's powerset to have limbs ported off tbh.

StiltmanFTW
616 NC has never done that... we can't just assume he can basing on AoA.

But if we could, then I guess Logan can cut Silver Surfer without question no expression

KingD19
I remember him porting a strapped helmet off of a guard's head, I'm pretty sure he can port body parts, but his deep religiousness keeps him from doing so.

StiltmanFTW
I remember him porting a strapped helmet off of a guard's head, I'm pretty sure he can port body parts, but his deep religiousness keeps him from doing so.

I've seen Gambit causing playing cards to explode. They're made of paper. Paper is made of trees... so I guess classic Remy can blow up people, too eek!

No, it doesn't work that way. Sorry stick out tongue

thanos-prime
I doubt he would need to port limbs off to win if anything that would be a last resort(If he can do that at all).

KingD19
Well, at 1st Remy could blow up people, but he got a portion of his brain removed.

There's really nothing that says Kurt can't port body parts if he wanted.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.