At the Mountains of Madness

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blinky
It seems that Guillermo Del Toro MIGHT be the first to make a Big-budget, non-cheesey Lovecraft based movie!

At the Mountains of Madness, for sure, is an ideal H.P. Lovecraft Story to turn into a high budget film. Though I'd rather see a big-budget The Dunwich Horror.

Del Toro wants to make this movie BAD.

Here is a official link discussing the movies status:

http://www.deltorofilms.com/ProjectPage.php?projectid=9

The only problem is that everybody knows it'll be hard to pitch.
I seriously doubt people will go to see it for reasons which he pointed out:

a) No hint of a love story, romance
b) No happy ending
c) No female characters

This movie, I know will have to be changed to conform to peoples likings. But it is a deep hope of mine that he will try his best to make it as true to the story as possible.

I hope this takes off!

Blinky
Seeing everybody’s interest, I can tell this movie is gonna be a real blockbuster...

roughrider
We have to wait for two Hobbit films to come out, before we can truly get worked up over this.

Kris Blaze
If they change it, it won't work.

Simple as that.

MildPossession
He has all sorts he wants to do, this is one of them, so could be donkeys before it's even in official pre production.

Blinky
"Could be donkeys" ...hmmm ok.

MildPossession
In England it means it could be a long time... if that was you not understanding.

Blinky
Originally posted by MildPossession
In England it means it could be a long time... if that was you not understanding.

Oh, thanks for clearing that up sugar-t*ts ...

zulqurnain
nice

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.