Vegeta vs Goku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SuperLuigi
1. Saiyan Saga (no kaoken or transformation)

2. ssVegeta (first appearance) vs ssGoku (beginning of android saga without the heart virus)

3. SS2Goku vs Majin Vegeta

4. SS2Vegeta vs SS2Goku

1st battle is at 10x gravity

the rest of them are at 500x gravity

Kento
No Kaioken then Gokou looses horribly. Vegeta was twice as powerful. Hence the reason for Kaioken x3. And Planet Vegeta was 10x Earth Gravity so it wouldn't be really a big deal to Vegeta since he grew up in it.

I'm going with..Vegeta. There is really nothing to say which was stronger.

Majin Vegeta and SSJ2 Vegeta were the same power. And both were even with ssj2 Gokou in power with Vegeta probably being slightly stronger. Gokou would probably come out on top but barley. Only because he's a better fighter.

First_Tsurugi06
1. Vegeta. Kaioken is what it took for Goku to gain the upper hand against Vegeta.

2. Tie or maybe Vegeta. I don't think Goku was stronger than Vegeta in the Androids/Cell saga until post-RST.

3 & 4 kind of go hand-in-hand, seeing as Majin Vegeta was SSJ2 during his fight with Goku. It's either that's how he attained SSJ2, or he acquired it through training post Cell saga. As shown, they were pretty much equally matched, although Goku was obviously holding back his full power.

Ultimately, I don't remember Goku ever training beyond 100x Earth's gravity, nor Vegeta beyond 300.

Demonic Phoenix
I thought it was Goku's Kaio-ken x4 that surpassed Vegeta?

Also, on a level-by-level basis, I think that Vegeta was superior as a fighter.

~ I see this turning into a debate about who is better >__>.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Kento
Only because he's a better fighter. And what exactly makes you think that?

1. Vegeta. Easily. He was more than twice as powerful.

2. Harder to say, we do not know how strong Goku would be without the virus, but based purely on showings, Vegeta.

3 and 4. They were virtually equal in every way.

Kento
Originally posted by NemeBro
And what exactly makes you think that?
I actually don't know.....

Demonic Phoenix
I actually don't know.....

If you are talking about pure power, it is hard to say. Goku would obviously be more powerful at the end of Z due to SS3 which he pulled out of his ass.

When it comes to tactics/strategy, ruthlessness, or even perhaps training & determination, Vegeta is the better fighter.

Kento
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
If you are talking about pure power, it is hard to say. Goku would obviously be more powerful at the end of Z due to SS3 which he pulled out of his ass.

When it comes to tactics/strategy, ruthlessness, or even perhaps training & determination, Vegeta is the better fighter. Actually determination would go to Gokou in a fight. But I didn't mean pure power. I just always seee Gokou as the guy who trains to improve everything from skill to power while Vegeta trains just to become more powerful.

Zack Fair
Actually determination would go to Gokou in a fight. But I didn't mean pure power. I just always seee Gokou as the guy who trains to improve everything from skill to power while Vegeta trains just to become more powerful.

Probably because of his inferiority complex.

NemeBro
One of the biggest problems I have with DBZ is how hard Vegeta trained, IMHO he trained far harder than Goku ever did, and was STILL always trailing behind.

Demonic Phoenix
Actually determination would go to Gokou in a fight. But I didn't mean pure power. I just always seee Gokou as the guy who trains to improve everything from skill to power while Vegeta trains just to become more powerful.

I was actually talking about determination during training, I phrased it poorly.

Vegeta is actually better 'trainer' than Goku. He has also made up his own techniques, whereas Goku usually bases his major techniques upon pre-existing ones (Genki Dama, Kamehameha, IT, Kaio-ken).

Goku would frankly dick around in a fight, pardon my language. Vegeta would end it in a flash if he could.

One of the biggest problems I have with DBZ is how hard Vegeta trained, IMHO he trained far harder than Goku ever did, and was STILL always trailing behind.

Goku's the protagonist, hence he has PIS on his side. When both had SS2 as their limit, Vegeta was slightly better; then Goku pulls SS3 out of his ass and leaves Vegeta behind.

Kento
One of the biggest problems I have with DBZ is how hard Vegeta trained, IMHO he trained far harder than Goku ever did, and was STILL always trailing behind. Me too. It was kind of annoying.Originally posted by Zack Fair
Probably because of his inferiority complex. perhaps.

Demonic Phoenix
PIS doodes, or is it CIS? Nahh, PIS (protagonist induced stupidity).

SuperLuigi
Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
1. Vegeta. Kaioken is what it took for Goku to gain the upper hand against Vegeta.

2. Tie or maybe Vegeta. I don't think Goku was stronger than Vegeta in the Androids/Cell saga until post-RST.

3 & 4 kind of go hand-in-hand, seeing as Majin Vegeta was SSJ2 during his fight with Goku. It's either that's how he attained SSJ2, or he acquired it through training post Cell saga. As shown, they were pretty much equally matched, although Goku was obviously holding back his full power.

Ultimately, I don't remember Goku ever training beyond 100x Earth's gravity, nor Vegeta beyond 300.

vegeta trained at 450x gravity to reach super saiyan. saiyan saga goku trained on 50x at king kai's, may be less than that. and goku at super saiyan has trained when 4 ten ton weights at very fast speed in other world.

ss2 vegeta fought kid buu while majin vegeta fought with fat buu, they were on different levels. ss2 vegeta being stronger. ss2 goku held back on fighting majin vegeta because he didnt want buu awakened. so if ss2 goku cant beat majin vegeta then he loses the last one.

Endless Mike
[1. Saiyan Saga (no kaoken or transformation)

Vegeta. Goku was only holding on due to Kaio-Ken

Piccolo stated SSJ Vegeta was stronger IIRC

Majin Vegeta has a slight edge

I'd go with Goku. Vegeta felt he needed the Majin boost to beat him.

SuperLuigi
Originally posted by Endless Mike

vegeta was never ss2 until he fought kid buu.

XanatosForever
I'll let someone else handle the correction here. Suffice it to say:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a378/Xanatos513/WelcometoFail.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.