Colossus vs Namora

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

snoopdogg
May happen next month. Who would win?

FalconPunch
namora, because colossus got raped by a green alien

namorsubby
is has been suggested that the revamped namora is on par euth her cousin, Namor. she's had some little scraps with him but namor never seems to want to fight back.

if this is really so, i'd say namora, otherwise idk.

edit:

is this happening in agents of atlas?

-Pr-
Originally posted by namorsubby
is has been suggested that the revamped namora is on par euth her cousin, Namor. she's had some little scraps with him but namor never seems to want to fight back.

if this is really so, i'd say namora, otherwise idk.

edit:

is this happening in agents of atlas?

most likely.

BlindMurdock
Colossus should win fairly easily.She does have the flight and speed advantage but I have no doubt in my mind that he could get his shots off and when he does she's going to be in a comma.He's way stronger than she is.

namorsubby
Originally posted by BlindMurdock
Colossus should win fairly easily.She does have the flight and speed advantage but I have no doubt in my mind that he could get his shots off and when he does she's going to be in a comma.He's way stronger than she is. not so, that is, if what she herself claims is true.

guy222
namora

snoopdogg
Originally posted by BlindMurdock
Colossus should win fairly easily.She does have the flight and speed advantage but I have no doubt in my mind that he could get his shots off and when he does she's going to be in a comma.He's way stronger than she is. According to handbooks she can lift 75 tons and Colossus is Class 100.

And yea I think they are going to fight in X-Men vs Agents of Atlas #2.

snoopdogg
Here is a image from the next issue. Looks like the are gonna square off.

http://www.newsarama.com/php/multimedia/album_view.php?gid=1393

namorsubby
Originally posted by snoopdogg
According to handbooks she can lift 75 tons and Colossus is Class 100.

And yea I think they are going to fight in X-Men vs Agents of Atlas #2.
http://s378.photobucket.com/albums/oo227/wilcat92/Namora/?action=view&current=OHOTMUGoldenAge2004StreetSamurai-DC.jpg
her handbook stats says at least 75 tons and it doesn't specifically say with emersion in water.

http://s378.photobucket.com/albums/oo227/wilcat92/Namora/?action=view&current=IncredibleHulk107-013.jpg
http://s378.photobucket.com/albums/oo227/wilcat92/Namora/?action=view&current=IncredibleHulk107-014.jpg
she claims she's as strong namor

some things that i believe may put her past the 75 ton mark:

http://s378.photobucket.com/albums/oo227/wilcat92/Namora/?action=view&current=DarkReign-013.jpg
2 tanks in each hand.....probably at least fifty tons each

http://s378.photobucket.com/albums/oo227/wilcat92/Namora/?action=view&current=img012.jpg

snoopdogg
Well she did manage to knock Colossus down:
http://h.imagehost.org/view/0763/x-menvsagentsofatlas01_0018

But Cyclops was able to stop her via optic blast:
http://a.imagehost.org/view/0360/x-menvsagentsofatlas01_0020

-Pr-
Well she did manage to knock Colossus down:
http://h.imagehost.org/view/0763/x-menvsagentsofatlas01_0018

But Cyclops was able to stop her via optic blast:
http://a.imagehost.org/view/0360/x-menvsagentsofatlas01_0020

his blast can put down cl100's, though...

snoopdogg
Has Scott put down any Class 100's?

namorsubby
Has Scott put down any Class 100's? he's done some crazy stuff with some of his high end blasts ie. cracking onslaughts armor......but really, i dont think he should be dropping too many 100 tonners.

btw, was she dropped? because that scan didn't exactly show her being KOed or even knocked down.looked like just a sucker punch with a bit of an effect to me

-Pr-
Has Scott put down any Class 100's?

he put down ord with one shot, for one.

his higher level power output has shown the ability to at least equal cl100 too (onslaught's armour, the forest in astonishing, etc)

snoopdogg
he's done some crazy stuff with some of his high end blasts ie. cracking onslaughts armor......but really, i dont think he should be dropping too many 100 tonners.

btw, was she dropped? because that scan didn't exactly show her being KOed or even knocked down.looked like just a sucker punch with a bit of an effect to me Well, I don't think she was kayoed but she wasn't shown for a few pages and Storm managed to get away from her.

-Pr-
he's done some crazy stuff with some of his high end blasts ie. cracking onslaughts armor......but really, i dont think he should be dropping too many 100 tonners.

btw, was she dropped? because that scan didn't exactly show her being KOed or even knocked down.looked like just a sucker punch with a bit of an effect to me

there's no reason, imo, that cyclops can't put down 100 tonners given his power feats...

namorsubby
Well, I don't think she was kayoed but she wasn't shown for a few pages and Storm managed to get away from her.

well now i'm not so sure if what she claims is true, seeing as namor's shrugged off cyke's beam before. one things for sure though, any relative of namor is sure to be boastful

i would agree as well, but only according to a few feats......not the majority. like i mentioned before, namor's shrugged off his beam.....

edit:

i must mention that it was a classic, early on scott whom a also classic namor faced.....that may hold some significance...i'm not sure

KingD19
Colossus got shot by Cycpols before and it did nothing, but it was back in the day. As for the knocking down, props to Namora, but I think it looked more like Colossus wasn't ready for her to fly into him like that. I guess we'll see how it turns out in the next issue, but I stand by the tin man. If he doesn't at least do good, it shows how the writers don't respect him, or can't make up their mind about him. Because him having trouble fighting Venom is utter bullsh*t.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by KingD19
Colossus got shot by Cycpols before and it did nothing, but it was back in the day. As for the knocking down, props to Namora, but I think it looked more like Colossus wasn't ready for her to fly into him like that. I guess we'll see how it turns out in the next issue, but I stand by the tin man. If he doesn't at least do good, it shows how the writers don't respect him, or can't make up their mind about him. Because him having trouble fighting Venom is utter bullsh*t. Yea, It don't really look like he was ready for that. Storm just knocked her down just before that.

-Pr-
well now i'm not so sure if what she claims is true, seeing as namor's shrugged off cyke's beam before. one things for sure though, any relative of namor is sure to be boastful

i would agree as well, but only according to a few feats......not the majority. like i mentioned before, namor's shrugged off his beam.....

edit:

i must mention that it was a classic, early on scott whom a also classic namor faced.....that may hold some significance...i'm not sure

not anything near his full power though.

Colossus got shot by Cycpols before and it did nothing, but it was back in the day. As for the knocking down, props to Namora, but I think it looked more like Colossus wasn't ready for her to fly into him like that. I guess we'll see how it turns out in the next issue, but I stand by the tin man. If he doesn't at least do good, it shows how the writers don't respect him, or can't make up their mind about him. Because him having trouble fighting Venom is utter bullsh*t.

that's because colossus' skin has reflective properties, though.

thanos-prime
Namora

namorsubby
Yea, It don't really look like he was ready for that. Storm just knocked her down just before that. im pretty sure storm simply flew past her very fast and it suprised her......she never even came out of the air. before she knocked colossus over it looked very much like he was getting ready for her, as he saw her and his fist was clenched:
http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo227/wilcat92/Namora/th_x-menvsagentsofatlas01_0018.jpg

snoopdogg
Unless Colossus is 20 ft. tall or standing on a platform Namora was on the ground.

Ptr_Grifin
Colossus

namorsubby
Unless Colossus is 20 ft. tall or standing on a platform Namora was on the ground. what do you mean? she was in the air.

look at storm.....doesn't she appear level with him too? also, examine a postire for a bit

edit:
note also, the drawn path of storm is above namora, suggesting she didn't collide with namora. also she made no sound and there was no drawn sign of impact like with colossus

snoopdogg
Colossus is level with Namora. Storm fly by her and she lost her balance it looks to me.

snoopdogg
So did these two fight or not?

khazra
Werent the x-men collectively Wowed by namor recently? when he lifted Marrina? That would imply hes far stronger than pete so Namora should be atleast as strong.

Despite being listed as class 100, colossus has really done very little to suggest he's that strong.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by khazra
Werent the x-men collectively Wowed by namor recently? when he lifted Marrina? That would imply hes far stronger than pete so Namora should be atleast as strong. Pretty sure the X-Men softened her up before Namor did his part.
Originally posted by khazra

Despite being listed as class 100, colossus has really done very little to suggest he's that strong. He's gone toe to toe with Gladiator, kayoed Savage Hulk, took classic Sasquatch to school, lasted longer than any X-Man vs WWHulk and got his respect, and more. I think he's done enough.

namorsubby
Pretty sure the X-Men softened her up before Namor did his part.
for the most part, the xmen just attacked, then scrambled. i doubt it woud've went any different if it was merely namor vs marrina.......like he said, all he needed was her within range.......i guess you could credit the xteam with that

snoopdogg
for the most part, the xmen just attacked, then scrambled. i doubt it woud've went any different if it was merely namor vs marrina.......like he said, all he needed was her within range.......i guess you could credit the xteam with that None of the X-Men have his particular powerset. He was the only one on the team suited to pull of such a feat. Same with stabilizing the island.

-K-M-
Actually I think Marrina let him kill her.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by -K-M-
Actually I think Marrina let him kill her. I was thinking that also. But can't quite prove it.

StiltmanFTW
None of the X-Men have his particular powerset. He was the only one on the team suited to pull of such a feat. Same with stabilizing the island.

X-Men were in awe when he lifted her, not when he flew away with her.

ExodusCloak
Actually I think Marrina let him kill her.

I didn't read it that way at all, what makes you say that?

snoopdogg
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
X-Men were in awe when he lifted her, not when he flew away with her. She wasn't even that large. Colossus or Rockslide could have lifted her.

StiltmanFTW
She wasn't even that large. Colossus or Rockslide could have lifted her.

Tell that to Fraction.

snoopdogg
Pretty sure he knows it.

StiltmanFTW
That didn't stop him from making Colossus and Cyke look like they were shitting themselves sad Terrible issue.

-K-M-
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
I didn't read it that way at all, what makes you say that?

Namor: "Dont fight me, Marrina. Don't think.." then it cuts to a flashback of Marrina (unmutated) with Namor. That flashback could very well been Marrinas and she just listened to Namor as she knew she became a monster.

She wasn't even that large. Colossus or Rockslide could have lifted her.

Yep, she was a far cry from what she appeared in Avengers

ExodusCloak
Namor: "Dont fight me, Marrina. Don't think.." then it cuts to a flashback of Marrina (unmutated) with Namor. That flashback could very well been Marrinas and she just listened to Namor as she knew she became a monster.

He then killed it by ripping her head off and leaving it on Osborns desk? Yes very respectful to someone who allowed themselves to be killed. Doesn't make sense it was just Fraction explaining who the heck Marrina was for new readers. If she wasn't fighting back he wouldn't have disposed of her so callously Namor is more honourable then that.

KingD19
I think he was proving a point...Don't f*ck with the Sub-Mariner.

-K-M-
He then killed it by ripping her head off and leaving it on Osborns desk? Yes very respectful to someone who allowed themselves to be killed. Doesn't make sense it was just Fraction explaining who the heck Marrina was for new readers. If she wasn't fighting back he wouldn't have disposed of her so callously Namor is more honourable then that.

Ummm..are you forgetting he wanted to cut her head off with the Ebony Blade before? Naaaa..it was a flashback it wasn't for the readers as mentioned in a interview/review of the issue on cbr

He even was making a joke about ex-wives before she came to Utopia. Also how else is Namor going to kill Marrina? cutting off someone's head is one of the quickest and painless deaths there are.

I think he was proving a point...Don't f*ck with the Sub-Mariner.

With the Norman desk scene? Most definetly.

ExodusCloak
Ummm..are you forgetting he wanted to cut her head off with the Ebony Blade before? Naaaa..it was a flashback it wasn't for the readers as mentioned in a interview/review of the issue on cbr

He even was making a joke about ex-wives before she came to Utopia. Also how else is Namor going to kill Namor? cutting off someone's head is one of the quickest and painless deaths there are.

There is nothing to suggest that she was fighting back, Iceman, Surge and a big explosion drew it near enough for Namor to take care of it. That flashback seems more like Namor remembering then the his wife. There's absolutely nothing to suggest that was the case, she was turned into a creature of hate and rage (The Cuckoos confirmed this) heck her eyes were still spewing energy right before he beheaded her.

Leaving her head on Osborns desk is still disrespectful had there been any part of his wife left in that creature.

-K-M-
There is nothing to suggest that she was fighting back, Iceman, Surge and a big explosion drew it near enough for Namor to take care of it. That flashback seems more like Namor remembering then the his wife. There's absolutely nothing to suggest that was the case, she was turned into a creature of hate and rage heck her eyes were still spewing energy right before he beheaded her.

Leaving her head on Osborns desk is still disrespectful had there been any part of his wife left in that creature.

What? Yes she was fighting the X-Men, but the Namor talk triggered the flashback and she has been calmed down before just by talking to her. So no its not really farfetched at all. Ummm..her eyes were pretty much glowing all the time *shrugs*

Hes done worse to other lovers before, and even to Marrina prior to this *shrugs* In addition the desk scene was away for Namor to show Norman cant get to him as this ploy was supposed to attack his emotions. If she did show emoitions, Norman would have utilitzed it. That's what was said in the review/interview at least

ExodusCloak
What? Yes she was fighting the X-Men, but the Namor talk triggered the flashback and she has been calmed down before just by talking to her. So no its not really farfetched at all. Ummm..her eyes were pretty much glowing all the time *shrugs*

Hes done worse to other lovers before, and even to Marrina prior to this *shrugs*

I'm sorry Mungi but that sounds absolutely absurd erm.

I realize that she's ex-Alpha Flight and been portrayed a lot stronger before but seriously.

There wasn't even a hint from Namor that she fought back. The Cuckoos confirmed that there was nothing there but Rage and Anger. The flashback was Namors not Marrina's, after all he told her not to "think" right before he beheaded her remember.

BTW Her eyes were not glowing all the time and I have no idea what you mean by this review:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?id=1419&page=user_review

-K-M-
I think you need to read her apperances in Alpha Flight and Avengers, and the same thing happened to her and they talked her down before

How do you know its Namors again? From the interview/review which explained the desk scene suggested it was hers *shrugs*

Read what I said, I said pretty much. I havn't seen that review before

ExodusCloak
I think you need to read her apperances in Alpha Flight and Avengers, and the same thing happened to her and they talked her down before

How do you know its Namors again? From the interview/review which explained the desk scene suggested it was hers *shrugs*

Because he told her not to "think" and the Cuckoos explained that there's nothing there but hunger, rage and hate.

This review?

I have read all of Fractions interviews since coming to Uncanny he said nothing like that.

-K-M-
Because he told her not to "think" and the Cuckoos explained that there's nothing there but hunger, rage and hate.

This review?

I have read all of Fractions interview since coming to Uncanny he said nothing like that.

Like I said same thing happened countless times in Alpha Flight and Avengers and they still calmed her down. Even that comment is similar to what the Master said about Plodex Marrina erm

No, I will see if I can dig it up.

-K-M-
Actually now your being a tad absurb now, Namor tells her to not think so she doesn't (as you say) and just prior she tells him not to fight but she still does? Hmmmm...

ExodusCloak
Like I said same thing happened countless times in Alpha Flight and Avengers and they still calmed her down. Even that comment is similar to what the Master said about Plodex Marrina erm

No, I will see if I can dig it up.

The Cuckoos are top tier telepaths, they were reiterating the point that there was nothing left of his wife in that monster. Hence the panel where one of the Cuckoos tries to comfort Namor.

Actually now your being a tad absurb now, Namor tells her to not think so she doesn't (as you say) and just prior she tells him not to fight but she still does? Hmmmm...

Nope that's not what I was saying at all I was proving that your interpretation is wrong because if it was right she would have listened to Namor on both occasions which she didn't. Your explanation is he told her not to fight back, she listened. He told her not to think but she did?? That was Namor having the flashback and that was Namor trying to show some compassion to his wife. "Don't think" is what you would tell a dog right before you put it down.

Mine is she was fighting back and she couldn't understand a word that he was saying because the Cuckoos confirmed that there was nothing left of his wife in that monster.

-K-M-
The Cuckoos are top tier telepaths, they were reiterating the point that there was nothing left of his wife in that monster. Hence the panel where one of the Cuckoos tries to comfort Namor.

The Master has been studying the Plodex for 40,000 years and has had first hand experience. I would tend to take the Master's comments as facts erm

TheKahn
I'm going with Colossus. I assume the fight is going to last a significant amount of time given the durability of each, and that only works against Namora (assuming they are not fighting next to a large body of water).

ExodusCloak
The Master has been studying the Plodex for 40,000 years and has had first hand experience. I would tend to take the Master's comments as facts erm

This is a vastly modified version I'm afraid. And again the Cuckoos confirmed that there was nothing left of his wife.

BTW I'm one of the few who like Fraction and I believe you are giving him too much credit.

KillerCroc10
Namora.

-K-M-
Nope that's not what I was saying at all I was proving that your interpretation is wrong because if it was right she would have listened to Namor on both occasions which she didn't. Your explanation is he told her not to fight back, she listened. He told her not to think but she did?? That was Namor having the flashback and that was Namor trying to show some compassion to his wife. "Don't think" is what you would tell her dog right before you put it down.

Mine is she was fighting back and she couldn't understand a word that he was saying because the Cuckoos confirmed that there was nothing left of his wife in that monster.

So you will take the whole "dont think" comment to indicate that is was Namor's memories, but you still believe Marrina was fighting back? Uh huh...past experience with Marrina and Namor would tend to go against your opinion. I don't know for sure if she did or not, but it would be highly likely as she has asked her friends to kill her before (not including the Namor Avengers issue) when she lost control. Also no you wouldn't at all, and I have had to put my dogs down erm.

Once again same thing has happened before and wasn't the case. Why are you ignoring that? erm

This is a vastly modified version I'm afraid. And again the Cuckoos confirmed that there was nothing left of his wife.

BTW I lone of the few who like Fraction and I believe you are giving him too much credit.

Ummm...please read Avengers or Alpha Flight as Master has manipulated Plodex DNA into new creatures for centuries. Once again they said the SAME THING about Marrina before and she overcame it erm

Why? Im not the only one who thought this.

ExodusCloak
So you will take the whole "dont think" comment to indicate that is was Namor's memories, but you still believe Marrina was fighting back?

Ummm what? You're the one who believes Marrina was fighting back.

I don't I believe she had no mind to even recognize who the hell Namor is.

Yes, yes you would. When you have to kill something you care about you want them to be in as little pain as possible. That is Namor trying to comfort her before killing her. If you ever read Of Mice and Men you know what I mean.

Because Fraction doesn't give a rats about continuity and that has NOTHING to do with this story.

Why are you ignoring the part of the story were the Cuckoos explain that there's nothing there but rage, hunger and hate.

What part of completely different story and monster don't you understand?

If you are that upset that she had low showing chalk it up to bad writing don't try to convolute things. Iceman had a low showing in this story too.

ExodusCloak
BTW Need to rephrase. I believe Marrina was fighting Namor she saw him as just food. You believe she recognized him and was fighting her gene conditioning.

-K-M-
Ummm what? You're the one who believes Marrina was fighting back.

I don't I believe she had no mind to even recognize who the hell Namor is.

Wait Im confused...I don't think she was fighting back. I thought you were saying she was fighting back.

Same thing happened

Yes, yes you would. When you have to kill something you care about you want them to be in as little pain as possible. That is Namor trying to comfort her.

No you wouldn't, if you want to make it quick you would just do it not prolong it. Like you said there is nothing apparently left in her so what is he comforting then? erm

Because Fraction doesn't give a rats about continuity and that has NOTHING to do with this story.

Why are you ignoring the part of the story were the Cuckoos explain that there's nothing left.

Proof?

Because Im not, people who know more about the Plodex, who have manipulated the Plodex on a grandier scale then adding shark dna into the system said the exact same thing and AF has telepaths too.

What part of completely different story don't you understand.

If you are that upset that she had low showing chalk it up to bad writing don't try to convolute things.

Actually its a very similar story to what has happened several times before. That's the point erm There really isn't much difference in this story then the ones in Avengers and Alpha Flight. Have you read them?

Errrr? Im not in the least. I think it was a excellent showing to be honest.

ExodusCloak
Wait Im confused...I don't think she was fighting back. I thought you were saying she was fighting back.

Same thing happened

I posted and rephrased see post above yours or:

BTW Need to rephrase. I believe Marrina was fighting Namor she saw him as just food. You believe she recognized him and was fighting her gene conditioning.

Not prolong it? It takes a while to rip of a giant fish's head. Have you ever read of Mice and Men? Same thing.

BTW As for the comforting, her shell...it's Namor being sentimental hence the flashback.

Proof as in Magneto/Xorn debacle? Psylocke/Revanche disaster? Emma Frost/Hellfire Club? That enough?

They did a lot more then add Shark DNA into her. And again the Cuckoos confirmed that there was nothing left.

I have read when the Avengers fought her. And I see no correlation between those stories and this one when we are told that that there is nothing left of his wife.

Really? Because you responded differently in the Utopia thread.

Look I'm clearly not going to convince you we can do this for a week. But I think that's absurd. I'm going to agree to disagree Mungi erm.

-K-M-
Not prolong it? It takes a while to rip of a giant fish's head. Have you ever read of Mice and Men? Same thing.

I have, but Namor is one of the strongest metas on the planet. Not sure if it would be hard for him though.

Proof as in Magneto/Xorn debacle? Psylocke/Revanche disaster? Emma Frost/Hellfire Club? That enough?

Not really.

They did a lot more then add Shark DNA into her. And again the Cuckoos confirmed that there was nothing left.

They didn't do much, altered her estrus (to give her a bad attitude), gave her shark hormones (to make her hungry) and changed it so she could only eat Atleantean DNA. Master has done far more before. That was even prior to Namor talking to her, and like I said Master and Alpha Flight said the exact same thing. No difference

I have read when the Avengers fought her. And I see no correlation between those stories and this one when we are told that that there is nothing left of his wife.

Errrr? They even had Dr.Druid getting Marrina to attack and destroy Atlantis. It was a very similar story erm

Really? Because you responded differently in the Utopia thread.

I don't recall what I said, I was probablly more annoyed they brought her back only to kill her off in the same issue. Regardless prior to the Namor incident she was taking on Atlantis and the X-Men and wasn't losing steam.

EDIT:

Look I'm clearly not going to convince you we can do this for a week. But I think that's absurd. I'm going to agree to disagree Mungi erm.

Fair enough, I was just about to say the same thing.

ExodusCloak
Mungi, like I said I'm going to agree to disagree cause this seems to be going no where.

But to get onto the topic of Matt Fraction. You don't think ignoring that Emma committed atrocities as the White Queen, Xorn wasn't Magneto and Revanches body was burnt to ashes is not ignoring continuity? erm

(Not that I mind the Xorn/Magneto re-retcon. I kind of wanted a re-retcon in the first place.)

-K-M-
Mungi, like I said I'm going to agree to disagree cause this seems to be going no where.

But to get onto the topic of Matt Fraction. You don't think ignoring the that Emma committed atrocities as the White Queen Xorn wasn't Magneto and Revanches body was burnt to ashes is not ignoring continuity? erm

My comment was talking about the story itself not his other works. He has followed continuity in other stories, so I was talking about prove to me he wasn't following continuity here in this story.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
That didn't stop him from making Colossus and Cyke look like they were shitting themselves sad Terrible issue. What? Colossus was shitting himself?

namorsubby
idk how this particular subject came into play.......but the Marrina monster was definitely attacking every x-men, including Namor........and yes, the rest of the team was certainly in awe of how easily Namor dealt with her after their failed attempt then retreat

snoopdogg
Going by the logic that would mean Namor>all of the X-Men. I'm not buying it.

namorsubby
lol.......I am in no means saying that, but they did fail, and he did succeed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.