Taa II and Ultimate Nullifier Vs. Infinity Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

galactusischere
Can Galactus with the UN and his worldship absorbed and added to his power take out a wielder of Infinity Gauntlet.
Keep in mind that Korvac had gotten so much power from Taa II that the LT actually interfered and took action against him.

Crow123
IG ftw

King Kandy
Idiotic. The UN did nothing to an incomplete IG. It will fail against a complete one even more so.

galactusischere
Originally posted by King Kandy
Idiotic. The UN did nothing to an incomplete IG. It will fail against a complete one even more so.

umm..
Taa II? "greatest source of energy within the universe"-reed

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by galactusischere
umm..
Taa II? "greatest source of energy within the universe"-reed

Reed's not the smartest in the universe or anything like that.

quanchi112
Ig wins.

galactusischere
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Reed's not the smartest in the universe or anything like that.

Hes close other than Thanos and Doom who could outsmart him?

Wei Phoenix
Hes close other than Thanos and Doom who could outsmart him?

Not even close if you take into account the whole universe. Smartest on Earth I'll give you that.

psycho gundam
Can Galactus with the UN and his worldship absorbed and added to his power take out a wielder of Infinity Gauntlet.
Keep in mind that Korvac had gotten so much power from Taa II that the LT actually interfered and took action against him. galactus didn't use it when he went up against thanos, nor did it even come up as a viable option to stop him.

the only thing galactus can do is call the LT, which happens to be the best way to stop an ig wielder.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Not even close if you take into account the whole universe. Smartest on Earth I'll give you that. Name a few characters smarter than reed though. I'd like to hear them.

psycho gundam
thanos

quanchi112
Originally posted by psycho gundam
thanos That's the obvious answer. I want to hear the not so obvious answer.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Doom

galactusischere
I already said BESIDES Thanos and Doom

Eternal Idol
The Infinity Gauntlet is definitely more versatile, but I always thought of the Ultimate Nullifier as the be-all end-all of weapons as far as destructive power goes. Not the best comparsion, but to me, it's like thinking drill vs. sledgehammer.

psycho gundam
they both depend on the user's mentality/intelligence to wield properly, reed in defense of earth was probably capable of taking galactus out the first time with the UN, and the other thing he did with it goes without saying. wendell vaugn quasar's mind full of anxiety and self-doubt wasn't enough to beat magus with an "infinity gauntlet" minus the reality gem, so it depends on the wielder.

K Von Doom
I think Reed stated Taa II was the greatest source of power in the universe before the Infinity Gems were discovered. The Ultimate Nullifier can be used to destroy anything. The Infinity Gauntlet can literally do anything like traveling back in time to when Galactus was just Galan and kill him there; or transmute the Nullifier into a tomato; or dimension hop away from a Nullifier blast; or cause the Nullifier to back-fire. Raw power doesn't work against a gauntlet wielder as shown against Thanos and Nebula.

As for Reed being the smartest in the universe. Co-smartest Earth man maybe. But smartest in the universe? No. There are cosmic beings, gods, immortals who would be smarter than him.

galactusischere
Originally posted by K Von Doom
The Infinity Gauntlet can literally do anything like traveling back in time to when Galactus was just Galan and kill him there
That won't work Galan was born before time and space of the current universe.

As for Reed being the smartest in the universe. Co-smartest Earth man maybe. But smartest in the universe? No. There are cosmic beings, gods, immortals who would be smarter than him.

Smartest is diffrent than Technologicaly advanced.
Galactus had never been defeated but Reed managed to do it(well Uatu helped).
Out of the characters that we KNOW OF Reed is the 2nd or 3rd smartest.

K Von Doom
Smartest is diffrent than Technologicaly advanced.
Galactus had never been defeated but Reed managed to do it(well Uatu helped).
Out of the characters that we KNOW OF Reed is the 2nd or 3rd smartest.

Not arguing the technology part. Advanced technology doesn't equal smart.

However, technologically, Asgardians are in the middle ages, but would you argue that Reed is smarter than Odin or any skyfather, who posses some limited form of omniscience? Agamotto's dimension showed no signs of technology or even metal but is Reed smarter than Agamotto? The Celestials conduct planet wide experiments, is Reed smarter than Arishem? Eon/Epoch had cosmic awareness, is Reed smarter than them? Is Reed smarter than Watchers who have a window to alternate realities? Out of all the characters (not only humans) that I know of, Reed falls somewhere in the middle with the super-geniuses but he's far from the smartest in the universe.

Pound for pound, he's the second smartest in that he's a 40 year old mortal human with limited resources and power yet he's created and discovered so much. That statement by Reed I would consider hyperbole because not even Reed has searched the entire span of the universe or else he would have found the Heart of the Universe, which is much greater than Taa II.

psycho gundam
That won't work Galan was born before time and space of the current universe. the reality gem backed by the power gem can change that.

galactusischere
Not arguing the technology part. Advanced technology doesn't equal smart.

However, technologically, Asgardians are in the middle ages, but would you argue that Reed is smarter than Odin or any skyfather, who posses some limited form of omniscience? Agamotto's dimension showed no signs of technology or even metal but is Reed smarter than Agamotto? The Celestials conduct planet wide experiments, is Reed smarter than Arishem? Eon/Epoch had cosmic awareness, is Reed smarter than them? Is Reed smarter than Watchers who have a window to alternate realities? Out of all the characters (not only humans) that I know of, Reed falls somewhere in the middle with the super-geniuses but he's far from the smartest in the universe.

Pound for pound, he's the second smartest in that he's a 40 year old mortal human with limited resources and power yet he's created and discovered so much. That statement by Reed I would consider hyperbole because not even Reed has searched the entire span of the universe or else he would have found the Heart of the Universe, which is much greater than Taa II.

None of the ones you mentioned have complete omniscience maybe the Celestials.
yet Galactus is nigh Omniscient and nigh omnipotent and was outsmarted by Reed.
same goes for LT but that story was sh1t.
The Magus was fooling and toying with everyone except for Doom(including some of the abstracts)

Mr Master
Reed's mind is cosmic yall.

It's just not written that way all the time to give the FF run some entertaining substance.

It was Reed's mind the Alien Entity used to re-create the Omniverse from nothingness.

Even Reed's alternates have created tech that can sunder the Omniverse.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by psycho gundam
galactus didn't use it when he went up against thanos, nor did it even come up as a viable option to stop him.

the only thing galactus can do is call the LT, which happens to be the best way to stop an ig wielder.

Exactly

galactusischere
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Exactly

He used it when he went up against The Beyonder whose>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>LT>>>IG
that can't really be considered an asnwer.

K Von Doom
None of the ones you mentioned have complete omniscience maybe the Celestials.
yet Galactus is nigh Omniscient and nigh omnipotent and was outsmarted by Reed.
same goes for LT but that story was sh1t.
The Magus was fooling and toying with everyone except for Doom(including some of the abstracts)

Nope, I didn't claim that they had complete omniscience but all of them know more than Reed. Unless of course, you're saying someone has to be omniscient to be smarter than Reed.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Mr Master
Reed's mind is cosmic yall.

It's just not written that way all the time to give the FF run some entertaining substance.

It was Reed's mind the Alien Entity used to re-create the Omniverse from nothingness.

Even Reed's alternates have created tech that can sunder the Omniverse.

Agreed, REED is on of the smartest damn ppl in the MU.

quanchi112
I already said BESIDES Thanos and Doom You think Doom is smarter than Reed?

galactusischere
Originally posted by quanchi112
You think Doom is smarter than Reed?

yup IMO

quanchi112
yup IMO I think Reed is smarter while Doom is more cunning.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.