Galactus w/Ultimate Nullifier vs Maelstrom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nihilist
This a full power Galactus(as seen on panel)

This Maelstrom at his peak.

SoulDevourer
Malstroms as powerful as Thanos w/IG and IG > UN

Malstrom ftw

rotiart
Maelstrom ftw.
It was shown that quasar when using the ultimate nullified was sent to oblivions realm
At his peak maelstrom was the avatar of oblivion... And acted with his power. He was also powerful enough to act despite the ig...

quanchi112
Tough call. I personally give it to Maelstrom though.

galactusischere
Originally posted by SoulDevourer
Malstroms as powerful as Thanos w/IG and IG > UN

Malstrom ftw

You can't say tat IG>UN because of Magus redirecting the UN at Quasar.
Quasar was at the moment doubting himself and was scared of the outcome. Remeber when Morg used the IG on Tyrant and didn't hav much effect on him?
but yea IG>UN

The Nuul
Hulk >>> UN.

Hes too durable......laughing

galactusischere
Originally posted by The Nuul
Hulk >>> UN.

Hes too durable......laughing

yea ok
Sentry at best, Thanos, Wolverine, Rulk>>Solar
laughing out loud

quanchi112
Hulk >>> UN.

Hes too durable......laughing What does the Hulk have to do with this thread?

galactusischere
Originally posted by quanchi112
What does the Hulk have to do with this thread?

hes making fun of me for saying Hulk>OE

Mr Master
Galactus ftw, in a ridiculous stomp.

LOL at the thought that Maelstrom is = to the IG. laughing

Colossus-Big C

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Mr Master
Galactus ftw, in a ridiculous stomp.

LOL at the thought that Maelstrom is = to the IG. laughing

he was still able to act when the IG was in use

The Nuul
Ummm....when did Morg ever use the IG?

And I thought Mael is below Gala?

galactusischere
Originally posted by galactusischere
You can't say tat IG>UN because of Magus redirecting the UN at Quasar.
Quasar was at the moment doubting himself and was scared of the outcome. Remeber when Morg used the IG on Tyrant and didn't hav much effect on him?
but yea IG>UN

Damn I meant Ultimate Nullifier not IG.
Morg used the UN on Tyrant

galactusischere
Ummm....when did Morg ever use the IG?

I mean Ultimate Nullifier

quanchi112
Originally posted by galactusischere
hes making fun of me for saying Hulk>OE He needs to quit harassing you about your opinion in other threads that don't pertain to the Hulk.Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
......... I personally think the ig beats Maelstrom all day, but that quasar comic viewed them as peers fighting over a sun.

SoulDevourer
if Malestrom < IG how come THANOS with IG cant kill him? ermmhappy

quanchi112
if Malestrom < IG how come THANOS with IG cant kill him? ermmhappy Because his one blast failed that means he can't kill him? Thanos didn't kill Eternity either but we saw him beat him.

SoulDevourer
Because his one blast failed that means he can't kill him? Thanos didn't kill Eternity either but we saw him beat him. but Malestroms not cosmic abstract
Thanos (especialy with IG!) should of been able to kill him without breakin a sweat confused
he just BFR him but he coudnt hurt him

quanchi112
but Malestroms not cosmic abstract
Thanos (especialy with IG!) should of been able to kill him without breakin a sweat confused
he just BFR him but he coudnt hurt him Maelstrom was an anomaly and he left. he wasn't bfr'd he just resisted Thanos' outburst of anger and left on his own. Thanos wasn't even sure he was still around which is ridiculous anyways.

To suggest that blast is the best the ig could do when all out is ignorant.

SoulDevourer
Maelstrom was an anomaly and he left. he wasn't bfr'd he just resisted Thanos' outburst of anger and left on his own. Thanos wasn't even sure he was still around which is ridiculous anyways.

To suggest that blast is the best the ig could do when all out is ignorant.then its even better feat for Maelstrom cuz the IG cant even BFR him let alone kill him!!

btw wut makes u think Thanos wuz holdin back? confused IMO he rilly wanted 2 kill him

quanchi112
then its even better feat for Maelstrom cuz the IG cant even BFR him let alone kill him!!

btw wut makes u think Thanos wuz holdin back? confused IMO he rilly wanted 2 kill him Thanos thought he was defeated. That was just a casual blast. What makes you think this is proof he wasn't able to be bfr'd just because one blast failed to kill him?

Thanos wanted to defeat all of the other abstracts but wasn't just easily killing any of them. What makes you think Maelstrom can even phase Thanos?

SoulDevourer
hey i dint say Malestrom can phase Thanos i jus said he can resist Thanos w/IG attacks. maybe stalemate

btw Malestrom wasnt scared of Thanos even tho he knew Thanos had the IG!

quanchi112
hey i dint say Malestrom can phase Thanos i jus said he can resist Thanos w/IG attacks. maybe stalemate

btw Malestrom wasnt scared of Thanos even tho he knew Thanos had the IG! Yes, Maelstrom wasn't scared. He talked some smack, tanked a blast and left. He was later killed twice by Quasar. Thanos beats him if he goes all out and it's a battle to the finish.

K Von Doom
There's a cool picture here of Maelstrom calling himself an Atheist when Thanos claimed Godhood. Maelstrom also talked smack to Galactus and Arishem.

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix2/maelstrom.htm

Mr Master
There is absolutely no discloser
as to what exactly happened in the Maelstrom scene where Thanos blasted him,
all we know is that Maelstrom seemed obliterated,
then appeared again,
then left.

It's perfectly within reason to believe,
that Maelstrom was erased, and then Oblivion (his master)
put him back in reality.

Although, there is no evidence to support that either,
but it makes sense,
since Maelstrom was stalemated by Quasar, (amped by Infinity)
while Maelstrom was upgraded in addition to being Oblivion's avatar during the battle.

IG >>> Infinity and/or any other abstract combined.

And all Maelstrom had,
was Eon's & Anomaly's power in combination with Quasar's quantum bands,
while backed by Oblivion.

Maelstrom was indeed very powerful in this state,
but not nearly enough to challenge an IG wielder in a real battle.

Knowsbleed33
Maelstrom/Anomaly ftw.

Mr Master
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33

Maelstrom/Anomaly ftw.
Maelstrom with his personal power and the amplifcation included,
needed a stipulation to destroy the 616 reality,
and it would have taken time, and he never succeeded anyway.

The UN erased then created anew the entire prime Multiverse,
in the hands of Reed Richards no less.

In the hands of Galactus,
the UN should be a monster few can contend with.

Galactus/UN ... ftw ... in a stomp.

Knowsbleed33
Gotta disagree with you here good friend. Being Anomaly meant nothing normal could hurt him. The UN is a "normal" as is Galactus, they wouldn't be able to inflict any damage upon him. It took Quasay being an even greater anomaly to finally put him away.

If the IG couldn't do it, the UN sure as hell ain't coming close.

galactusischere
Originally posted by Mr Master
Maelstrom with his personal power and the amplifcation included,
needed a stipulation to destroy the 616 reality,
and it would have taken time, and he never succeeded anyway.

The UN erased then created anew the entire prime Multiverse,
in the hands of Reed Richards no less.

In the hands of Galactus,
the UN should be a monster few can contend with.

Galactus/UN ... ftw ... in a stomp.

Who do you think would win If Galactus and Maelstrom fought?
I don't see how Galactus is going to harm Maelstrom.

rotiart
Okay so an anomly to the universe means that things normally within the universe cannot affect him? Again I bring up the argument. That since the un appears to send you to oblivions realms, and marlstrom is fully backed by oblivions... There is no saying that the blast would do anything... Like when galactus took the un from abraxas saying that the un was apart of himself...

If the un works on maelstrom galactus easily wins in a curbstomp
if it doesn't, I give the fight to maelstrom but in a tough battle

K Von Doom
There was an issue in Quasar where he entered various alternate realities. There was one he entered that he surmised "This must be the reality where Maelstrom beat me" (paraphrased) and it was Maelstrom fighting Thanos with the IG. It was an alternate reality so it doesn't hold much weight.

psycho gundam
anomaly like all abstracts represents a concept ((in anomaly's case it was iirc " i represent that that is different from all things"wink, and they only appear to others with an m-body. thanos didn't destroy the concept of anomaly so he kept on living. th in-betweener is supposedly immune to the assembled gems due to his similar make up, but he is far weaker than thanos was with them. (warlock with one gem tore his ass up (no homo))

but then again, maelstrom wasn't just the new anomaly (whom he usurped by slaying no doubt), he was the avatar of oblivion. to break it down, it took infinity making quasar her avatar to match maelstrom's power, so if infinity is able to do that, and in that issue we learned that all four corners of the universal powers are pretty much equal, thanos should win since he was able to usurp eternity himself.

according to the events of that arc.

reed showed what the ig can do in capable hands, and big G is > reed (well, he should be) so it should be enough to take maelstrom in galactus' hands.

Knowsbleed33
Being THE anomaly meant he wasn't affected by "normal" concepts. Nullification is a normal concept.

psycho gundam
oblivion IS nullification, i would assume he was protected from that as his avatar.

the ig can rewrite all of that, he killed most of the abstracts single file with their own abilities.

Bouboumaster
Galactus needs nothing to smack his ass

Knowsbleed33
Oblivion is nothingness. It's the absence of everything.

The IG had NO affect on Maelstrom, none. His handbook entry confirms this.

"As Anomaly, Maelstrom possessed Cosmic Awareness, and could alter reality; he was immune to nearly all forms of harm, and could not be affected by the Infinity Gauntlet."

K Von Doom
There were numerous witnesses to the battle at the centre of the universe between Maelstrom and Quasar. Among them was Galactus, the Fourth Celestial Host and the Watchers. One Watcher said they were witnessing the end of the universe. Shouldn't Galactus have stepped in with the nullifier if he could? Or Arishem should have done something?

galactusischere
Originally posted by K Von Doom
There were numerous witnesses to the battle at the centre of the universe between Maelstrom and Quasar. Among them was Galactus, the Fourth Celestial Host and the Watchers. One Watcher said they were witnessing the end of the universe. Shouldn't Galactus have stepped in with the nullifier if he could? Or Arishem should have done something?

That is called hyperbole.

Knowsbleed33
It wasn't hyperbole. They just couldn't stop it from happening. The Watcher stated that even if the Prime Celestial host can't stop it, no one can.

Bouboumaster
Galactus would be more closer to Oblivion itself that Maelstrom, lol

galactusischere
It wasn't hyperbole. They just couldn't stop it from happening. The Watcher stated that even if the Prime Celestial host can't stop it, no one can.

If Infinity can make Quasar powerful enough to match Maelstrom in terms of power then we know that they COULD do something.
By what you say Maelstrom>Abraxas/Oblivion/IG/UN/GF etc..
which isn't true.

K Von Doom
After Maelstrom was defeated, Infinity told Oblivion that Maelstrom was going to "overthrow him and it would have unbalanced the universe" (paraphrased), which implies Maelstrom was becoming more powerful or had the potential to be even greater. Oblivion had to remind him of his place a couple of times.

The power Infinity granted Quasar was enough to match the power Oblivion gave Maelstrom, but added to this was Maelstrom's status as an anomaly + cosmic awareness + quantum bands which was only balanced out by Quasar's status as a greater anomaly. What percentage was Oblivion's power and what percentage was Maelstrom's is unknown. I'll say though that the Infinity Gauntlet is greater than the sum of Oblivion's power + cosmic awareness + quantum bands. However, what is unknown is the Infinity Gauntlet's effect against an anomaly like Maelstrom.

With regards to the question about the intensity of the blast that Thanos tried to kill Maelstrom with. Take notice of the setting. Thanos was on his throne, some guy materializes and mocks his godhood, Thanos' fist is clenched. Do you think Thanos fired a weak blast? And remember, Thanos was monitoring Maelstrom's activity and said something about being rivaled, so he knew Maelstrom's power levels (I don't remember which crossover it was but I believe he was talking to Mephisto or one of Death's servants).

I remember reading somewhere that Jim Starlin didn't like his boy Thanos portrayed as being powerless against Maelstrom. In terms of this thread, if the Nullifier worked it would just send Maelstrom to Oblivion's realm - a place he's probably visited a few times.

I know the maths don't add up: IG > Eternity = Death = Oblivion = Full Galactus > Maelstrom but IG seems to have no effect on Maelstrom. My only explanation is that Maelstrom's an anomaly so the normal rules don't apply to him.

SoulDevourer
Eternity = Death = Oblivion Oblivion > other abstracts

psycho gundam
in that issue: oblivion = death = eternity = infinity.
quasar actually beat maelstrom, and with the backing of another abstract. iirc, maelstrom got his arms severed by quasar's power over the bands.

Mr Master

Gotta disagree with you here good friend. Being Anomaly meant nothing normal could hurt him. The UN is a "normal" as is Galactus, they wouldn't be able to inflict any damage upon him. It took Quasay being an even greater anomaly to finally put him away.

If the IG couldn't do it, the UN sure as hell ain't coming close.
FOrget about the IG good friend,
it would annihilate Maelstrom in a battle.

Heck, Maelstrom himself admitted he was beneath the power of the IG.

Bottomline:

Maelstrom couldn't even affect a single reality with all his power,
while the UN remade the entire prime Multiverse.

The IG had NO affect on Maelstrom, none. His handbook entry confirms this.

"As Anomaly, Maelstrom possessed Cosmic Awareness, and could alter reality; he was immune to nearly all forms of harm, and could not be affected by the Infinity Gauntlet."
I respect Marvunapp, for the most part, their on point,
but even they make mistakes, or interpret scenes
that are actually left with lingering questions due to the vagueness of the portrayal.

Fact is, that we don't know what happened exactly,
what we do know, is that Thanos only attacked Maelstrom once,
and again, for all we know, he was erased and then sent back by Oblivion.

I mean, you say he wasn't affected,
but actually,
he was obliterated,
THEN,
he re-appeared. (in which case it fits in nicely with my 'Oblivion's interferring' stance)

quanchi112

If the IG couldn't do it, the UN sure as hell ain't coming close. Where are you getting that nothing could hurt him from?

OneDumbG0
^ From him not being affected by a blast by the IG.Originally posted by K Von Doom
After Maelstrom was defeated, Infinity told Oblivion that Maelstrom was going to "overthrow him and it would have unbalanced the universe" (paraphrased), which implies Maelstrom was becoming more powerful or had the potential to be even greater. Oblivion had to remind him of his place a couple of times.

The power Infinity granted Quasar was enough to match the power Oblivion gave Maelstrom, but added to this was Maelstrom's status as an anomaly + cosmic awareness + quantum bands which was only balanced out by Quasar's status as a greater anomaly. What percentage was Oblivion's power and what percentage was Maelstrom's is unknown. I'll say though that the Infinity Gauntlet is greater than the sum of Oblivion's power + cosmic awareness + quantum bands. However, what is unknown is the Infinity Gauntlet's effect against an anomaly like Maelstrom.

With regards to the question about the intensity of the blast that Thanos tried to kill Maelstrom with. Take notice of the setting. Thanos was on his throne, some guy materializes and mocks his godhood, Thanos' fist is clenched. Do you think Thanos fired a weak blast? And remember, Thanos was monitoring Maelstrom's activity and said something about being rivaled, so he knew Maelstrom's power levels (I don't remember which crossover it was but I believe he was talking to Mephisto or one of Death's servants).

I remember reading somewhere that Jim Starlin didn't like his boy Thanos portrayed as being powerless against Maelstrom. In terms of this thread, if the Nullifier worked it would just send Maelstrom to Oblivion's realm - a place he's probably visited a few times.

I know the maths don't add up: IG > Eternity = Death = Oblivion = Full Galactus > Maelstrom but IG seems to have no effect on Maelstrom. My only explanation is that Maelstrom's an anomaly so the normal rules don't apply to him. Did Maelstrom showcase an ability to move in and out of Oblivion's realm in that storyline?

galactusischere
So whose winning?

K Von Doom
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Did Maelstrom showcase an ability to move in and out of Oblivion's realm in that storyline?

I don't remember him displaying such. Although I've not seen Oblivion's realm so when the two communicated it's hard to tell if it's in deep space or if Oblivion's realm actually looks like space. I'm quite certain that Deathurge has that ability, and if Maelstrom is of a higher standing in Oblivion's eyes, he might have been granted that ability too, but I'm just speculating.

SoulDevourer
I don't remember him displaying such. Although I've not seen Oblivion's realm so when the two communicated it's hard to tell if it's in deep space or if Oblivion's realm actually looks like space. I'm quite certain that Deathurge has that ability, and if Maelstrom is of a higher standing in Oblivion's eyes, he might have been granted that ability too, but I'm just speculating. remeber the place where MJJ & Fury fight just b4 it fry his head? (unspace of something)

thats also part of Oblivions realm right? huh (tho Fury wasnt nulified so IDK if it wuz realy "in" his realm duh)

quanchi112
^ From him not being affected by a blast by the IG. Did Maelstrom showcase an ability to move in and out of Oblivion's realm in that storyline? That was one casual blast. If Odin and Thanos stopped their battle after their initial blasts where Thanos didn't even flinch would you assume Odin can't hurt Thanos?

OneDumbG0
That was one casual blast. If Odin and Thanos stopped their battle after their initial blasts where Thanos didn't even flinch would you assume Odin can't hurt Thanos? First of all, I don't see how you call this a casual blast:

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/4568/m3zr0.th.jpg http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/176/m4gl5.th.jpg

Second of all, there are reasons why you shouldn't conflate the impotence of the IG with the concept of casualness. Because not only does the blast not affect Maelstrom, but Thanos is further confused as to whether he was even there. Which means that his complete awareness of space, time and reality could not discern what just happened. This is more in line with the IG not being able to affect/understand a complete anomaly.

The idea that the IG can be impotent is not an isolated instance. Consider also that Adam Warlock was also able to act outside the scope of IG-wielders' awareness because he was outside the boundaries of Order and Chaos.

Eternal Idol
Galactus ftw.

Mr Master
thumb up

That's right, Galactus still wins in a stomp.

Maelstrom = I can't even take out the 616 reality without a stipulation,
and even with the stipulation, it would take me time,
enough time in fact, to get owned by Quasar backed by Infinity.

UN = I can erase from existence, and then re-create from non-existence
the entire prime Multiverse (including the 616 reality-Eternity/Infinity) in an instant.

And as far as IG vs Maelstrom goes:

IG ftw. in the most ridiculous stomp ever.

SoulDevourer
My only explanation is that Maelstrom's an anomaly so the normal rules don't apply to him. if malestrom (BEFORE he become anomaly) coud kill Anomaly then so can IG

Endless Mike
UN < Incomplete IG < Complete IG = Maelstrom

starlock
Maelstrom for the win

quanchi112
First of all, I don't see how you call this a casual blast:

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/4568/m3zr0.th.jpg http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/176/m4gl5.th.jpg

Second of all, there are reasons why you shouldn't conflate the impotence of the IG with the concept of casualness. Because not only does the blast not affect Maelstrom, but Thanos is further confused as to whether he was even there. Which means that his complete awareness of space, time and reality could not discern what just happened. This is more in line with the IG not being able to affect/understand a complete anomaly.

The idea that the IG can be impotent is not an isolated instance. Consider also that Adam Warlock was also able to act outside the scope of IG-wielders' awareness because he was outside the boundaries of Order and Chaos. Yes, that's a casual blast. We see Thanos going all out later against Eternity and the abstracts. He was angry and blasted Maelstrom and was not killed. Thais is hardly proof of Thanos and the ig not being able to defeat him even though an avatar of Infinity did so.

The ig still has control over reality and reality still affected him at this point. The black hole later killed him did it not? His concentration and lack of confidence also did him in against Quasar.

I am not saying the ig doesn't have flaws but it still defeats Maelstrom in battle, hands down. Maelstrom at his peak in 616 was on par with Infinity while Thanos was above any abstract.

OneDumbG0
Yes, that's a casual blast. We see Thanos going all out later against Eternity and the abstracts. He was angry and blasted Maelstrom and was not killed. Thais is hardly proof of Thanos and the ig not being able to defeat him even though an avatar of Infinity did so.

The ig still has control over reality and reality still affected him at this point. The black hole later killed him did it not? His concentration and lack of confidence also did him in against Quasar.

I am not saying the ig doesn't have flaws but it still defeats Maelstrom in battle, hands down. Maelstrom at his peak in 616 was on par with Infinity while Thanos was above any abstract. It's pretty clear that the entire point of that scene is to show how Maelstrom has nothing to fear from Thanos w/IG. It establishes how much Maelstrom had achieved by becoming an Anomaly. You're projecting your own theory on the scene when there's no evidence supporting it.

But regardless of whether your speculation has any merit, you haven't addressed the point about how Thanos, with a complete IG had no idea what just happened. How could the master of all Space, Time and Reality be oblivious to what just occurred? That can only lead to one conclusion: Maelstrom, as an Anomaly, operated outside the bounds of the Infinity Gauntlet.

That conclusion in and of itself would be quite a reach if there wasn't already precedent establishing that such a thing can occur, i.e., Adam Warlock operating outside the awareness of Nebula w/IG. So there isn't much point to your continual speculation until you address that.

quanchi112
It's pretty clear that the entire point of that scene is to show how Maelstrom has nothing to fear from Thanos w/IG. It establishes how much Maelstrom had achieved by becoming an Anomaly. You're projecting your own theory on the scene when there's no evidence supporting it.

But regardless of whether your speculation has any merit, you haven't addressed the point about how Thanos, with a complete IG had no idea what just happened. How could the master of all Space, Time and Reality be oblivious to what just occurred? That can only lead to one conclusion: Maelstrom, as an Anomaly, operated outside the bounds of the Infinity Gauntlet.

That conclusion in and of itself would be quite a reach if there wasn't already precedent establishing that such a thing can occur, i.e., Adam Warlock operating outside the awareness of Nebula w/IG. So there isn't much point to your continual speculation until you address that. No, I am demonstrating a huge difference in Thanos going all out with the ig as opposed to an angry outburst which resulted in a blast that left Maelstrom unaffected.

This isn't proof he can defeat him in direct combat. Without Oblivion resurrecting him he wouldn't have returned to plaque Quasar inside the black hole. The only reason he did so was because of an abstract who was beneath Thanos with the ig in the first place.

What does not being aware of something have to do with how the ig is in direct combat? Nothing. smile

Ps. Even with his increased power in another reality he still an equal to Thanos and fighting over a sun which leads all reasonable people to assume before he ascended past Oblivion he wasn't as powerful then to challenge Thanos.

I still believe in the end Thanos would have prevailed in that reality had we seen more.

OneDumbG0
What does not being aware of something have to do with how the ig is in direct combat?It lends direct support to my assertion that Maelstrom's status as an Anomaly immunized him from being affected by the IG's power. You have no such support that Thanos took it easy on Maelstrom or, that if he tried harder, he'd kill Maelstrom. Which is why I consider my interpretation is the more logical one over yours.
Ps. Even with his increased power in another reality he still an equal to Thanos and fighting over a sun which leads all reasonable people to assume before he ascended past Oblivion he wasn't as powerful then to challenge Thanos.Alternate universes can't be used as evidence. So your speculations regarding that scene are off-topic.

quanchi112
It lends direct support to my assertion that Maelstrom's status as an Anomaly immunized him from being affected by the IG's power. You have no such support that Thanos took it easy on Maelstrom or, that if he tried harder, he'd kill Maelstrom. Which is why I consider my interpretation is the more logical one over yours.
Alternate universes can't be used as evidence. So your speculations regarding that scene are off-topic. So you are saying that blast from Thanos was the best the ig can do? Let me ask you this, Do you think that blast would have defeated Eternity?

Ok, fine. The point is in the 616 universe he was still at his best equal to an avatar representing Infinity. In fact he was less than as his concentration cost him his life/power.

Thanos defeated all the abstracts personally by defeating them. If a black hole can destroy Maelstrom why can't the ig?

SoulDevourer
btw Malestrom was no anomaly b4 he killed that Anomaly thing right?

so if normal things cant kill anomalies then how coud he kill it?

psycho gundam
maelstrom killed anomaly to usurp it's power, lets not forget that.

i'm pretty sure thanos would erase him if they met again with the same powers, anomaly just affords maelstrom with better defense and stealth than usual, power and versitility is all thanos.

quanchi112
btw Malestrom was no anomaly b4 he killed that Anomaly thing right?

so if normal things cant kill anomalies then how coud he kill it? Add that to the fact he was killed later by a black hole. I have no idea why anyone thinks an anomaly is immune to the ig as it basically means they are immune to anything that could occur to them in reality by making this claim.

SoulDevourer
Add that to the fact he was killed later by a black hole. I have no idea why anyone thinks an anomaly is immune to the ig as it basically means they are immune to anything that could occur to them in reality by making this claim. yup

TBH tho, its true that Malestrom dint look scared at all on that panel huh i mean if theres even small risk that Thanos gonna go all out on him, why take that risk?

K Von Doom
Yes, that's a casual blast. We see Thanos going all out later against Eternity and the abstracts. He was angry and blasted Maelstrom and was not killed. Thais is hardly proof of Thanos and the ig not being able to defeat him even though an avatar of Infinity did so.

I am not saying the ig doesn't have flaws but it still defeats Maelstrom in battle, hands down. Maelstrom at his peak in 616 was on par with Infinity while Thanos was above any abstract.

To me it looked to be much more than a 'casual blast', he looked mad. This is Thanos in his house at full power being insulted by a guy who was a virtual unknown to him. He wouldn't yell "Insolent speck!" and fire off a meh blast. It was an angry outburst, remember what happened the other time Thanos had an angry outburst with the Infinity Gauntlet? It sent shockwaves throughout the universe. He looked more animated in that shot against Maelstrom than he did in the blast he fired at the Celestials.

And for all the knowledge the Infinity Gems granted him, Thanos didn't know how Maelstrom came by his attributes?!

Infinity's power didn't defeat Maelstrom. Infinity's power merely matched Oblivion's power, they cancelled each other out. Maelstrom was defeated because Quasar was a greater anomaly.

OneDumbG0
^ Yeah, I think I can agree with that.
So you are saying that blast from Thanos was the best the ig can do? Let me ask you this, Do you think that blast would have defeated Eternity?

Ok, fine. The point is in the 616 universe he was still at his best equal to an avatar representing Infinity. In fact he was less than as his concentration cost him his life/power.

Thanos defeated all the abstracts personally by defeating them. If a black hole can destroy Maelstrom why can't the ig? If Maelstrom was unaffected by the IG's power, which all evidence points to, exerting more power wouldn't have done anything. So your question is irrelevant.

I think you're forgetting that Maelstrom himself created that special black hole. Rather convenient plot-device.

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by psycho gundam
maelstrom killed anomaly to usurp it's power, lets not forget that. yup he became an anomaly after that

but before that how wuz he able to kill it? huh

quanchi112
To me it looked to be much more than a 'casual blast', he looked mad. This is Thanos in his house at full power being insulted by a guy who was a virtual unknown to him. He wouldn't yell "Insolent speck!" and fire off a meh blast. It was an angry outburst, remember what happened the other time Thanos had an angry outburst with the Infinity Gauntlet? It sent shockwaves throughout the universe. He looked more animated in that shot against Maelstrom than he did in the blast he fired at the Celestials.

And for all the knowledge the Infinity Gems granted him, Thanos didn't know how Maelstrom came by his attributes?!

Infinity's power didn't defeat Maelstrom. Infinity's power merely matched Oblivion's power, they cancelled each other out. Maelstrom was defeated because Quasar was a greater anomaly. He was pissed. When I say casual I don't mean that Thanos didn't mean him harm I just mean this blast was hardly his best. I don't think it would have defeated any of the abstracts either.

Quasar was his peer. Quasar defeated him because Maelstrom lost his concentration/focus. Thanos would simply overpower any abstract like Eternity. He was a peer to none of them while Maelstrom was Qusar's peer as Oblivion's avatar.

yup

TBH tho, its true that Malestrom dint look scared at all on that panel huh i mean if theres even small risk that Thanos gonna go all out on him, why take that risk? Maelstrom was overconfident and left right afterwards. He didn't stick around. I think Thanos would have easily defeated him had they locked horns.

^ Yeah, I think I can agree with that.
If Maelstrom was unaffected by the IG's power, which all evidence points to, exerting more power wouldn't have done anything. So your question is irrelevant.

I think you're forgetting that Maelstrom himself created that special black hole. Rather convenient plot-device. He wasn't really injured by one blast. That's hardly proof the ig can't affect him. If a black hole can defeat the guy why can't Thanos? Hmmmm?

Thanos could do the exact same thing. The ig was the Plot device.
This argument is rather absurd. It's the same thing with Rulk and Thor. Thor's hammer didn't affect or rattle the Rulk until round 2. With this logic according to you he was immune to his hammer.

OneDumbG0
He wasn't really injured by one blast. That's hardly proof the ig can't affect him. If a black hole can defeat the guy why can't Thanos? Hmmmm?

Thanos could do the exact same thing. The ig was the Plot device.
This argument is rather absurd. It's the same thing with Rulk and Thor. Thor's hammer didn't affect or rattle the Rulk until round 2. With this logic according to you he was immune to his hammer. I think you're forgetting that Maelstrom himself created that special black hole. Hmmmm?

With what proof are you asserting this? Certainly not with the on-panel instance where he doesn't affect Maelstrom at all. Certainly not with the on-panel instance where he doesn't understand and can't discern what makes Maelstrom's attributes special. Certainly not with the on-panel instance that things can operate outside of a an IG-wielder's influence. You're assuming your conclusion. Thanos only used a smidgeon of a power that would have destroyed him. Therefore, his full power would have destroyed him. You haven't proven a single thing of what you said. All you keep stating are your conclusions without any proof and in the face of what was plainly presented on-panel. If you want to be circular in your arguments, fine. You're entitled to your opinion, but you still haven't proven anything or rebutted any of my arguments.

quanchi112
I think you're forgetting that Maelstrom himself created that special black hole. Hmmmm?

With what proof are you asserting this? Certainly not with the on-panel instance where he doesn't affect Maelstrom at all. Certainly not with the on-panel instance where he doesn't understand and can't discern what makes Maelstrom's attributes special. Certainly not with the on-panel instance that things can operate outside of a an IG-wielder's influence. You're assuming your conclusion. Thanos only used a smidgeon of a power that would have destroyed him. Therefore, his full power would have destroyed him. You haven't proven a single thing of what you said. All you keep stating are your conclusions without any proof and in the face of what was plainly presented on-panel. If you want to be circular in your arguments, fine. You're entitled to your opinion, but you still haven't proven anything or rebutted any of my arguments. Who said I forgot it? The point is the ig can create basically anything and could recreate it.

Much less has defeated Maelstrom. He was far less powerful when he confronted Thanos to boot. You are telling me a guy killed by a black hole can take anything someone with the ig can throw his way?

It's completely baseless and ridiculous considering what killed him and how he was mentally beaten by Quasar. He was also just a peer to abstracts not superior to them like Thanos was.

OneDumbG0
Who said I forgot it? The point is the ig can create basically anything and could recreate it.

Much less has defeated Maelstrom. He was far less powerful when he confronted Thanos to boot. You are telling me a guy killed by a black hole can take anything someone with the ig can throw his way?

It's completely baseless and ridiculous considering what killed him and how he was mentally beaten by Quasar. He was also just a peer to abstracts not superior to them like Thanos was. You're assuming so without proving it. IG has limitations when it comes to anomalies, a fact that's supported twice over on-panel.

See above.

Says you. Anomaly, when you consider all the evidence, is pretty special. IG, when you consider all the evidence, has its limits. And this is about as far off-topic as our argument should go since you continue to talk past me.

quanchi112
You're assuming so without proving it. IG has limitations when it comes to anomalies, a fact that's supported twice over on-panel.

See above.

Says you. Anomaly, when you consider all the evidence, is pretty special. IG, when you consider all the evidence, has its limits. And this is about as far off-topic as our argument should go since you continue to talk past me. By your logic if a character is unphased by any old blast then it is completely immune despite it defying logic and all common sense.

The reason Maelstrom was getting so powerful was due to him using Oblivion and then eventually overthrowing him. He wasn't all that just because he was the anomaly.

The ig has complete control over reality. Maelstrom was killed twice. by far less than what we saw the ig was capable of.

OneDumbG0
By your logic if a character is unphased by any old blast then it is completely immune despite it defying logic and all common sense.

The reason Maelstrom was getting so powerful was due to him using Oblivion and then eventually overthrowing him. He wasn't all that just because he was the anomaly.

The ig has complete control over reality. Maelstrom was killed twice. by far less than what we saw the ig was capable of. No. Don't twist my arguments with your straw-manning. I already repeated several times what you fail to comprehend: Maelstrom appeared to be immune to the IG's effects. This is supported by Thanos being absolutely oblivious what happened and further bolstered by the IG's on-panel shortcomings. From the very beginning I've told you not to conflate the concept of casualness with that of impotence.

Maelstrom's power had to do with a lot of things, but his immunity to the IG's power and status of being outside the IG's comprehension have more to do with his anomalous nature.

By Maelstrom's own doing. You've talked past me on just about every single point and are now starting to twist my words to fit your arguments. You can disagree, that's fine. But don't twist my words.

quanchi112
No. Don't twist my arguments with your straw-manning. I already repeated several times what you fail to comprehend: Maelstrom appeared to be immune to the IG's effects. This is supported by Thanos being absolutely oblivious what happened and further bolstered by the IG's on-panel shortcomings. From the very beginning I've told you not to conflate the concept of casualness with that of impotence.

Maelstrom's power had to do with a lot of things, but his immunity to the IG's power and status of being outside the IG's comprehension have more to do with his anomalous nature.

By Maelstrom's own doing. You've talked past me on just about every single point and are now starting to twist my words to fit your arguments. You can disagree, that's fine. But don't twist my words. No, no, no, no, and no. Not being aware doesn't mean you can survive the ig in combat. Tanking one blast also doesn't mean you can tank anything the ig can throw your way. Your logic is horrid.

Again, Maelstrom was far less than Infinity at this point as he didn't become the avatar of Oblivion at this point yet so iyo would he be immune to Infinity?

Tell me why can't Thanos create a giant black hole again? Please do so. Thanos has complete control of reality,space, time, etc. so please inform me why this feat id beyond him?

psycho gundam
to try and steer this thread back to galactus and the nullifier, what do you guys think about oblivion himself compared to galactus?

(have to throw this in though)

the in-betweener is also imune to the gems as i've posted before, and adam warlock. both have been defeated, and adam has been subdued by an incomplete ig also. erm

master order and lord chaos imprisoned and ...i guess punished him off panel in his nexus realm, thanos with the ig raped those two abstracts. *shrugs*

SoulDevourer
to try and steer this thread back to galactus and the nullifier, what do you guys think about oblivion himself compared to galactus? oblivion > other abstracs > galactus

OneDumbG0
No, no, no, no, and no. Not being aware doesn't mean you can survive the ig in combat. Tanking one blast also doesn't mean you can tank anything the ig can throw your way. Your logic is horrid.

Again, Maelstrom was far less than Infinity at this point as he didn't become the avatar of Oblivion at this point yet so iyo would he be immune to Infinity?

Tell me why can't Thanos create a giant black hole again? Please do so. Thanos has complete control of reality,space, time, etc. so please inform me why this feat id beyond him? Once again, straw-man. You're twisting my words again. This train-wreck of an argument is horrid.

I never said not being aware means you survive the ig in combat. I never said tanking one blast means you can take everything the ig can throw your way.

For the love of jebus, read what I said. I'm arguing that the scene represents that Maelstrom isn't affected by the IG at all. This is bolstered by the fact that the IG has shortcomings, another of which was demonstrated as it applies to Maelstrom in that Thanos w/IG has no idea what happened, how it happened or even if it happened.

Your incessant wish to twist my words doesn't change the fact that all your arguments are completely inaposite to mine, i.e., you're not refuting anything of what I said. Not to mention your own interpretation of what happened isn't even supported by anything on-panel.

Thanos had complete awareness of reality, space and time, etc. Why couldn't he figure out what was going on? Go think hard on that one.

K Von Doom
He was pissed. When I say casual I don't mean that Thanos didn't mean him harm I just mean this blast was hardly his best. I don't think it would have defeated any of the abstracts either.

Quasar was his peer. Quasar defeated him because Maelstrom lost his concentration/focus. Thanos would simply overpower any abstract like Eternity. He was a peer to none of them while Maelstrom was Qusar's peer as Oblivion's avatar.

If you had absolute power and believed yourself to be a god, then some guy mocks your beliefs, would you try to annihilate him or fire a regular blast that's not guaranteed to do the job? You have infinite power, you would use it. The reason Thanos failed to kill Maelstrom would boil down to either one of two things: He's not all knowing so he didn't know how much power was needed to kill Maelstrom, by extension he could not read Maelstrom's mind to find out how he obtained such power, so Maelstrom would be outside the sphere of influence of the Infinity Gems; or plainly the Infinity Gauntlet didn't have the power to kill him.

Looking at the way Thanos dealt with the other cosmics. He turned away from Love and Hate in contempt and fired off a blast seemingly as an afterthought and got rid of them. Against the Celestials, Thanos was just standing there, then outstretched an arm and fired a blast that scattered the Celestials and planets. Against Galactus, The Stranger and Eon, he was more animated. However, against Maelstrom, he was in full rage. That blast was set to destroy.

Quasar was Maelstrom's peer... as an anomaly. The win condition had nothing to do with Infinity, Oblivion, the black hole, the quantum bands or cosmic awareness. Quasar shook Maelstrom's belief that he was the ultimate anomaly by showing that he was a greater one. No doubt Thanos would overpower Eternity, it's proven, but how will the gems overpower someone who's not affected by them? It's like the Living Tribunal trying to overpower the Starbrand, not gonna happen because it's outside of his influence.

SoulDevourer
k how coud Malestrom kill Anomaly?

OneDumbG0
^ He killed an M-Body of Anomaly and gained the characteristics of an anomaly. I don't think he actually killed Anomaly, since Anomaly reappeared.

SoulDevourer
^ so that avatar wuz also a anomaly right? since he absorb the powers of that avatar & became himself anomaly

either that or he killed the real thing
(btw when did Anomaly reapear? huh )

Mr Master
laughing at the argument over Maelstrom vs the IG.

Galactus still wins in a stomp of stomps.

IG ftw against Galactus/UN and Maelstrom combined,
in an even bigger stomp of stomps.

If you had absolute power and believed yourself to be a god
Thanos was called Omnipotent,
and GOD by the writer himself (Starlin)
in the narrations on panel.
And in a Marvel Age (official Marvel title) interview.

The IG itself is said to grant it's user complete omnipotence in it's bio.

Quasar was Maelstrom's peer... as an anomaly. The win condition had nothing to do with Infinity, Oblivion, the black hole, the quantum bands or cosmic awareness.

Quasar shook Maelstrom's belief that he was the ultimate anomaly
by showing that he was a greater one.
Which is laughable
considering that Maelstrom had become the embodiment
of the very concept that permits anyone to be an anomaly,
so,
how the "F" Quasar became a greater anomaly
than the Concept that embodies/represents Anomalies,
is a comedic mystery you'll never be able to explain.
It's like the Living Tribunal trying to overpower the Starbrand, not gonna happen because it's outside of his influence.
no expression

Mr Master

^ He killed an M-Body of Anomaly and gained the characteristics of an anomaly.
I don't think he actually killed Anomaly, since Anomaly reappeared.
That's not true friend.

Maelstrom killed the embodiment of the Anomaly,
and thus usurped that concepts sentience as said embodiment,
thus becoming the new representative concept of Anomalies.

But like all concepts,
once the usurper relinquishes said position as said concept,
the original sentience returns as the concept it embodied from the beginning.

Where Concepts go when they are killed is a Marvel mystery.
but they can die, or be erased from existence.

Killing the M-Body by itself means nothing,
as the M-Body is merely a vessel that houses the Concepts sentience/power,
but killing the M-body does allow access to the power/sentience the M-Body houses.

This is why when Thanos stomped Eternity's M-body,
he instantly became the embodiment/sentience of reality.

quanchi112
to try and steer this thread back to galactus and the nullifier, what do you guys think about oblivion himself compared to galactus?

(have to throw this in though)

the in-betweener is also imune to the gems as i've posted before, and adam warlock. both have been defeated, and adam has been subdued by an incomplete ig also. erm

master order and lord chaos imprisoned and ...i guess punished him off panel in his nexus realm, thanos with the ig raped those two abstracts. *shrugs* Yes, odg's argument makes no sense and he deems characters like these as examples of beings who are unaffected by the ig in combat. This is what he basically equates it to.

We know this isn't the case at all. This means they cannot be affected by anything that the ig can bring which is literally almost anything.Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Once again, straw-man. You're twisting my words again. This train-wreck of an argument is horrid.

I never said not being aware means you survive the ig in combat. I never said tanking one blast means you can take everything the ig can throw your way.

For the love of jebus, read what I said. I'm arguing that the scene represents that Maelstrom isn't affected by the IG at all. This is bolstered by the fact that the IG has shortcomings, another of which was demonstrated as it applies to Maelstrom in that Thanos w/IG has no idea what happened, how it happened or even if it happened.

Your incessant wish to twist my words doesn't change the fact that all your arguments are completely inaposite to mine, i.e., you're not refuting anything of what I said. Not to mention your own interpretation of what happened isn't even supported by anything on-panel.

Thanos had complete awareness of reality, space and time, etc. Why couldn't he figure out what was going on? Go think hard on that one. That's what you implied. I am glad to see you admitted this isn't proof Maelstrom can survive anything thrown his way by the ig which is ridiculous.

Thanos not being aware of the status of Maelstrom doesn't mean he cannot destroy him in a one on one battle. he might be outside the scope of the ig's awareness although I chalk it up to bad writing, but this doesn't mean he can survive an all out assault by Thanos.

For the final time not knowing about the survival of Maelstrom has nothing to do with these two pitting their powers against one another.

quanchi112
If you had absolute power and believed yourself to be a god, then some guy mocks your beliefs, would you try to annihilate him or fire a regular blast that's not guaranteed to do the job? You have infinite power, you would use it. The reason Thanos failed to kill Maelstrom would boil down to either one of two things: He's not all knowing so he didn't know how much power was needed to kill Maelstrom, by extension he could not read Maelstrom's mind to find out how he obtained such power, so Maelstrom would be outside the sphere of influence of the Infinity Gems; or plainly the Infinity Gauntlet didn't have the power to kill him.

Looking at the way Thanos dealt with the other cosmics. He turned away from Love and Hate in contempt and fired off a blast seemingly as an afterthought and got rid of them. Against the Celestials, Thanos was just standing there, then outstretched an arm and fired a blast that scattered the Celestials and planets. Against Galactus, The Stranger and Eon, he was more animated. However, against Maelstrom, he was in full rage. That blast was set to destroy.

Quasar was Maelstrom's peer... as an anomaly. The win condition had nothing to do with Infinity, Oblivion, the black hole, the quantum bands or cosmic awareness. Quasar shook Maelstrom's belief that he was the ultimate anomaly by showing that he was a greater one. No doubt Thanos would overpower Eternity, it's proven, but how will the gems overpower someone who's not affected by them? It's like the Living Tribunal trying to overpower the Starbrand, not gonna happen because it's outside of his influence. Yes, he was trying to destroy him. I never said he wasn't but this mere blast wouldn't even destroy Galactus imo. He never destroyed any of the abstracts he only imprisoned them fyi.

The ig didn't show it could kill Eternity, but it replaced his place in the cosmos and defeated him. At this point Maelstrom wasn't even an avatar of Oblivion.

Yes, but he didn't defeat them until he imprisoned them all later on after death and meph betrayed him. So this blast didn't kill them either so why would you bring up something that hurts your case.

The blackhole killed him before he was Oblivion's avatar so he was far less powerful when he met up with Thanos. Him being an avatar has nothing to do with how powerful he was during his scene with Thanos. A black hole killed him and Quasar caused him to doubt himself. Who better than Thanos at breaking someone in an intense battle of wills.

OneDumbG0
Yes, odg's argument makes no sense and he deems characters like these as examples of beings who are unaffected by the ig in combat. This is what he basically equates it to.

We know this isn't the case at all. This means they cannot be affected by anything that the ig can bring which is literally almost anything. That's what you implied. I am glad to see you admitted this isn't proof Maelstrom can survive anything thrown his way by the ig which is ridiculous.I didn't deem characters like the In-Betweener or Adam Warlock as an example of a being who is unaffected by the ig in combat. You're putting words into my mouth again. I'm focusing on how Maelstrom was apparently unaffected by the IG. Seriously, your accusations, misstatements, straw-manning and incessant whining would be annoying if they weren't so undeniably wrong. I'm arguing apples and you're arguing oranges. I don't know how to dumb it down for you anymore.

I haven't admitted anything. Once again, you're putting words into my mouth. Just because I point out that I never said something and that you put words into my mouth, does not now mean I agree with your original position. Get your head on straight.
Thanos not being aware of the status of Maelstrom doesn't mean he cannot destroy him in a one on one battle.Never said so. That fact is simply supportive proof that bolsters the interpretation that Maelstrom wasn't affected by the IG's power in that one scene.

It's like talking to a wall of paint here. Seriously, don't eat the paint chips, bro.

Mr Master: I appreciate the interpretation. He killed an M-Body, which meant superimposing himself onto the concept, in effect killing the concept, until he no longer was the concept. K.

quanchi112
I didn't deem characters like the In-Betweener or Adam Warlock as an example of a being who is unaffected by the ig in combat. You're putting words into my mouth again. I'm focusing on how Maelstrom was apparently unaffected by the IG. Seriously, your accusations, misstatements, straw-manning and incessant whining would be annoying if they weren't so undeniably wrong. I'm arguing apples and you're arguing oranges. I don't know how to dumb it down for you anymore.

I haven't admitted anything. Once again, you're putting words into my mouth. Just because I point out that I never said something and that you put words into my mouth, does not now mean I agree with your original position. Get your head on straight.
Never said so. That fact is simply supportive proof that bolsters the interpretation that Maelstrom wasn't affected by the IG's power in that one scene.

It's like talking to a wall of paint here. Seriously, don't eat the paint chips, bro.

Mr Master: I appreciate the interpretation. He killed an M-Body, which meant superimposing himself onto the concept, in effect killing the concept, until he no longer was the concept. K. Those are other prime examples of their actions and the ig not being completely aware of them at all times. Surviving one blast doesn't equate to taking down and being completely immune to the ig by any means.

Save your insults and your repeated statements for someone who cares. You are wrong and everyone knows it.

That's one blast. That's hardly proof of anything. In fact we later saw Maelstrom killed by something the ig can muster up like an after-thought.

Your constant attempts at belittling and downplaying Thanos an dthe ig are grating on my nerves.

Also Thanos never easily defeated any abstract for good with a casual blast from his glove. In an all out battle Maelstrom would have been dominated and at the height of his power he was only a peer to Infinity. smile

OneDumbG0
Those are other prime examples of their actions and the ig not being completely aware of them at all times. Surviving one blast doesn't equate to taking down and being completely immune to the ig by any means.Never said Maelstrom could take down the IG. Said that the more reasonable way to interpret that scene was that Maelstrom was immune from the IG. When you consider how plainly the scene is presented, the context of the story and other supportive evidence.

You've been pretty much arguing with your imagination this entire time. I'm not even annoyed anymore that you tried to put words into my mouth. It's frankly amusing, if not a little disturbing.
Your constant attempts at belittling and downplaying Thanos an dthe ig are grating on my nerves.

Also Thanos never easily defeated any abstract for good with a casual blast from his glove. In an all out battle Maelstrom would have been dominated and at the height of his power he was only a peer to Infinity.If you feel that way, put me on ignore.

Your imaginary buddy who you've been arguing with isn't in my direction.

He's that way somewhere ----->

No. Keep going ---------------------------------------------->

Galan007
First of all, I don't see how you call this a casual blast:

The idea that the IG can be impotent is not an isolated instance. Consider also that Adam Warlock was also able to act outside the scope of IG-wielders' awareness because he was outside the boundaries of Order and Chaos. this is spot on, imo.

quanchi112
Never said Maelstrom could take down the IG. Said that the more reasonable way to interpret that scene was that Maelstrom was immune from the IG. When you consider how plainly the scene is presented, the context of the story and other supportive evidence.

You've been pretty much arguing with your imagination this entire time. I'm not even annoyed anymore that you tried to put words into my mouth. It's frankly amusing, if not a little disturbing.
If you feel that way, put me on ignore.

Your imaginary buddy who you've been arguing with isn't in my direction.

He's that way somewhere ----->

No. Keep going ----------------------------------------------> Basically that is what you are saying. The blast didn't kill him or defeat him is all. There's nothing to suggest any of what you have surmised is more logical based on the ig's powers and the manner in which Maelstrom died via black hole.

I'm amused at the notion that you'd assume you would be the first to be on my ignore list. It will never happen.

Your insults like this argument fail.

SoulDevourer
so again how coud Malestrom defeat an anomaly? confused
(the Anomalys avatar itself is a anomaly right? else he woudnt have absorbed Anomalys power)

Galan007
so again how coud Malestrom defeat an anomaly? confused
(the Anomalys avatar itself is a anomaly right? else he woudnt have absorbed Anomalys power) all we saw was maelstrom initially engage anomaly:

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/7663/anomoly1.th.jpg http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/7845/anomoly2.th.jpg

the rest of their battle took place off panel.

---

but in the very next issue, maelstrom told oblivion that he had "slain" anomaly, and usurped it's role in the hierarchy:

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/4658/anomoly3.th.jpg

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by Galan007
all we saw was maelstrom initially engage anomaly:

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/7663/anomoly1.th.jpg http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/7845/anomoly2.th.jpg

---

but in the very next issue, maelstrom told oblivion that he had "slain" anomaly, and usurped it's role in the hierarchy:

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/4658/anomoly3.th.jpg yeah but what i ment is hows that possible?

i mean Malestrom wuz "normal" so if normal things cant kill anomalies then how did he kill it? huh

starlock
Its my opinon that just like what malestrom did to maraki.....who is not suposed to die..he did with anomaly....its in his words with Anomaly....

"i rob you of the self preservitive motion of your organic molecules"

Sersi was surprised to see maraki dead and even tried to jump start him...but she could not....

i think Maelstrom figured out that anomaly while being in this universe still had to abide by the law of kinetic motion...and there lies its defeat....plot device? impressive feat of a power?

SoulDevourer
yeah but w/e trick he used he still killed it right?

starlock
yeah but w/e trick he used he still killed it right?

It would appear so....i do remember quasar coming into contact with anomaly after this incident...and i believe anomaly states that he is not the same as the anomaly that maelstrom defeated.....can anybody get thier hands on the scan? i think quasar was looking for eternity or LT and came across anomaly and thats where they had a confrotation...it would be interesting to see thier exchange...i am almost sure they make reference to the anomaly in this story arch

psycho gundam
Originally posted by starlock
It would appear so....i do remember quasar coming into contact with anomaly after this incident...and i believe anomaly states that he is not the same as the anomaly that maelstrom defeated.....can anybody get thier hands on the scan? i think quasar was looking for eternity or LT and came across anomaly and thats where they had a confrotation...it would be interesting to see thier exchange...i am almost sure they make reference to the anomaly in this story arch issue # 37, all the maelstrom stuff happened around 24-25 iirc

anomaly says that quasar invoked his attributes once before without permission, he trolled quasar twice in that issue cause he tried to get close to the cosmic beings.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Galan007
all we saw was maelstrom initially engage anomaly:

---

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/4658/anomoly3.th.jpg Yes, this Maelstrom woul dhave been a foe to the ig although I still heavily favor the ig. This is how powerful Maelstrom was imo when he was seen struggling with a sun against Thanos in another alternate reality.Originally posted by psycho gundam
issue # 37, all the maelstrom stuff happened around 24-25 iirc

anomaly says that quasar invoked his attributes once before without permission, he trolled quasar twice in that issue cause he tried to get close to the cosmic beings. Trolled him twice. LOL.

OneDumbG0
^ Except that technically... you could argue that Maelstrom was more formidable when he was resurrected as Oblivion's avatar and you assert he was formidable even before he attained this state. Wonder how much more formidable he is when he doesn't have solid matter handicapping him... Originally posted by quanchi112
Basically that is what you are saying. The blast didn't kill him or defeat him is all. There's nothing to suggest any of what you have surmised is more logical based on the ig's powers and the manner in which Maelstrom died via black hole.No I said the blast didn't affect him is all. You need to keep up and not put words into my mouth.
I'm amused at the notion that you'd assume you would be the first to be on my ignore list. It will never happen.

Your insults like this argument fail. Then don't blame me if you get riled up.

As far as I'm concerned, you've been insulting me. Which, if I were in a different mood, I might take personally. But I'm not. So I won't. If you feel like you need to argue with any of that, just remember...

... imaginary friend = over there ------------------------------>

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.