The Invisibles

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kris Blaze
How does this not have it's own thread?

The Invisibles

Just finished volume 1, this is incredible.

Cartesian Doubt
I don't know ... Its a bit ZANNY for me . I've recently re-read the first trade and I enjoyed it a lot. I found I could understand it a lot more after two years of studying philosophy (Really like the Nod to Wittgenstein, the man playing the game of chess ... "Its all a game"wink, but I really don't think you should have to study philosophy at graduate level to enjoy a comic book. Story sometimes feels too much like a crack induced thought experiment, although it does have its moments; the concept of Cities as hyper dimensional living infections being one of its highlights

Phantom Zone
I was actually thinking of getting some of this......

willRules
If I thought the Filth was bad, will I like this?

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by willRules
If I thought the Filth was bad, will I like this?

If you liked Sandman or Lucifer, I think you should like this. Or any of the cthulhu comics for that matter.

willRules
I've not read those I'm afraid smile

I'm sure I'll check it out sometime, but at the moment I've got a list of comics I want to read that's longer than my arm.....and that's not including the books I haveta read......

......plus picking them up all the time, strecthes my arms thus allowing for more space for a longer list of books.....

Cartesian Doubt
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
If you liked Sandman or Lucifer, I think you should like this. Or any of the cthulhu comics for that matter.

Except its nothing like those ....

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Cartesian Doubt
Except its nothing like those ....

Nothing like any of the cthulhu comics.

Really now? How many of those have you read now?

Kris Blaze
Nothing like any of the cthulhu comics.

Really now? How many of those have you read now?

Though I'll agree the similarities to Sandman is meagre. Perhaps closer to Hellblazer.

Galan007
Originally posted by willRules
I've not read those I'm afraid smile you've not read sandman OR lucifer?

that's almost worthy of an e-smack... g_twitch

Newjak
Originally posted by Galan007
you've not read sandman OR lucifer?

that's almost worthy of an e-smack... g_twitch I don't know why but I really love the eye twitch smilie big grin

Cartesian Doubt
Though I'll agree the similarities to Sandman is meagre. Perhaps closer to Hellblazer.

Sorry didn't read your hell blazer reference, but its nothing like Sandman or Lucifer.

roughrider
According to Grant Morrison, if you've seen The Matrix then you've read The Invisibles. stick out tongue (That's his claim.)

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Cartesian Doubt
Sorry didn't read your hell blazer reference, but its nothing like Sandman or Lucifer.

They're all good comics.
They are comics for the slightly more mature reader.
They are comics that shift the perspective away from brainless super-hero clashes.

Though they are all very different too.

willRules
Originally posted by Galan007
you've not read sandman OR lucifer?

that's almost worthy of an e-smack... g_twitch

no expression

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.