The A-Team (2010)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules_2
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_A-Team_(film)

erm

Myth
I like the casting choices. I don't think there were going to be any perfect choices, because honestly, who could be a better Mr. T than Mr. T? Nobody. But with this cast, it will depend on the writing and directing to see if this is a hit or miss.

The Nuul
Who cares.....this will suck.

Alpha Centauri
Mr. T is only 57, there's literally no excuse to cast someone other than him as B.A. Baracus.

-AC

steverules_2
No one can ever replace Mr.T

Wanderer11
I have been waiting years for this project to finally get off the ground, and I am excited about it. I like the cast they have chosen, but i suppose only time will tell!!

They could not have used Mr.T in the film, as it would be too weird watching him interact with other actors playing the other main roles.

Myth
Originally posted by steverules_2
No one can ever replace Mr.T

Agreed, which is why the hope lies in the replaced writers and director.

Mr. Rhythmic
Mr. T. still looks young.

steverules_2
I reckon they could get Mr. T back for the A-team movie, the dude looks the same today as he did when he did the A-team

The Nuul
They should have kept T and change the rest. Have the rest as new team members.

Rogue Jedi
I'm having a hard time seeing Liam Neeson as Hannibal. And a UFC fighter as Baracus?

This is gonna be BAD.....

Dr Will Hatch
I'd still pick Mr T over anyone, but wrestler Mark Henry wouldn't have been a bad replacement.

Rogue Jedi
DVD.

Robtard
Despite Neeson being in it, this is going to suck large shit covered balls. Mark my words.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
I'd still pick Mr T over anyone, but wrestler Mark Henry wouldn't have been a bad replacement. Are you serious? erm

Unless Mark Henry has had a SERIOUS appearance change since I stopped watching WWE, dude hell nah.

Andy McFly
I don't see any reason why they cannot get Mr.T to play the role of B.A.
That aside, I really think that this movie will bomb.

Myth
Originally posted by NemeBro
Are you serious? erm

Unless Mark Henry has had a SERIOUS appearance change since I stopped watching WWE, dude hell nah.

I'm with you.

Besides Mr. T, who would you guys have chose to be B.A? I think Rampage may be as good of choice as anybody. He is legitimately bad ass and very charismatic. Can he act? I don't know, but neither could Mr. T and anybody who can act I don't think fits as well personality wise. I remember hearing Ice Cube really wanted the part. Lets be thankful he wasn't chosen.

The Nuul
Kimbo Slice would have made a better choice than Rampage. Kimbo has the beard like T's Mohawk, its unique.

steverules_2
Proof that Mark Henry would not be a good Mr.T

http://blog.masslive.com/entertainment/2008/07/large_713Mark-Henry2.jpg

http://thegrumpyowl.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/mr-t1.jpg

Rogue Jedi
YEESH.

The Nuul
Heres Kimbo....not much of a difference between T and him.

http://www.blackathlete.com/artman2/uploads/1/kimbo-slice.jpg

Alpha Centauri
It doesn't matter if there's not much of a difference, really.

Mr. T is not even 60. He looks the part, and with the C.G.I. nowadays they can probably take 10 years off. Not that they need to, but if they wanted to.

There's no excuse on Earth that's good enough for not casting the man.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
There's no excuse on Earth for making this movie. That's just me though.

steverules_2
It's being made...they may as well bring back Mr.T and at least have something good about this movie

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi

Well, neither was there for Rambo, but you liked that.

-AC

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Well, neither was there for Rambo, but you liked that.

-AC Rambo was actually needed, the whole coming full circle thing. And dont even tell me you didn't enjoy the final battle.

Robtard

-AC

I can think of two:

1) They want a fresh start, severing all ties with the original show.

2) Casting him would probably make the movie all about him.

He'll probably do a cameo, along with any other surviving members.

Robtard
Rambo was actually needed, the whole coming full circle thing. And dont even tell me you didn't enjoy the final battle.

Rambo is the second best film of the Franchise, behind First Blood. Part 2 and 3 suck elephant cocks.

Rogue Jedi
QFT.

The Nuul

thumb up

The Nuul
Keep T and recast all new members.

steverules_2
Speaking of a 4th rambo, you guys know there's gonna be a fifth right? But ya know this is another example, Stallone plays Rambo still and he's neally the same age as Mr.T

Andy McFly
Originally posted by The Nuul
Keep T and recast all new members.

Nuff said.

jaden101

-AC

Well...there really is...Him not wanting to do the role for example.

Alpha-7
Originally posted by jaden101
Well...there really is...Him not wanting to do the role for example.

I believe he was really interested in reprising the role, but was told that they were going with a completely new cast.

saintsaucey
I am fine with an all new cast. I will reserve judgment on this till I see it.

BTW

QFT.

means quoted for truth. you didn't actually quote anything there.

jaden101
Originally posted by Alpha-7
I believe he was really interested in reprising the role, but was told that they were going with a completely new cast.

That may well be case but that doesn't stop that reason from being valid if it were true. Thus it being a "good enough reason on earth" for him not being cast. Hence the reason I said "for example". I was merely giving an example of what would've been a valid reason.

Robtard
Originally posted by saintsaucey

I think he meant the "Quite ****ing True" version.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by saintsaucey
I am fine with an all new cast. I will reserve judgment on this till I see it.

BTW

It means I agree with this:

Originally posted by Robtard
Rambo is the second best film of the Franchise, behind First Blood. Part 2 and 3 suck elephant cocks.

The Nuul
Rampage has a short role in the movie called The Midnight Meat Train. Hes just some thug that grunts a few words and fights Vinnie Jones.

The Nuul
http://mmasportsreport.com/705/rampage-on-the-set-of-the-a-team-movie

Good stars but Rampage....but this is...no expression

-Pr-
http://www.comingsoon.net/gallery/40213/hr_The_A-Team_3.jpg

hope i didnt break the page.

Myth
Originally posted by The Nuul
http://mmasportsreport.com/705/rampage-on-the-set-of-the-a-team-movie

Good stars but Rampage....but this is...no expression

Its actually so much like Mr. T it seems forced.

-Pr-
fixed link:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=60293

steverules_2
Oh no...sorry but just from the look of this poster you know that this is gonna be like drinking a bucket full or moose urine mixed with licking a monkeys anus...someones gonna start a rumor about me and those two mixtures smile

But yeah when it comes out I'll be watching paint dry

SpaceMonkey
Looks pretty promising. Can't wait to see it!

BruceSkywalker
i will see this if only for jessica biel

The Nuul
Just actually read whos making this, its the Scott brothers. I will give this one a chance because of them.

Firestorms
Originally posted by steverules_2
Proof that Mark Henry would not be a good Mr.T

He's too slow, Mr T was a speed demon in Rocky, despite his size the man had great footwork. Mark Henry is just big and slow, anyways most wrestlers are terrible actors. You might think Mr T's acting was one-dimensional but he had screen-presence and at least T had some kind of stage personality

Kazenji
Trailer

http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/the-a-team/trailer

Rogue Jedi
TV show sucked. Movie will suck worse. Mr T sucks.

darthmaul1
The TV show was fun when i was a kid, but to do this movie with a serious take is just stupid it's going to turn out like Miami Vice movie.
they should of had it take place in the 80's and made it into a comedy.

KingD19
Rampage is a good replacement for Mr.T(What the hell does T stand for anyway?) He's got the look, and the attitude of T, if you've watched him on Ultimate Fighter, you'll see where I'm coming from. Plus the guy hits harder than a mack truck.

movieshe
Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic
Mr. T. still looks young.
Yes, I think so.

The Nuul
Rampage CANNOT act worth shit, his other movies proves that. He may have the look but he cant act.

Kazenji
Already watched a review for this and they said its a movie for Men and also was'nt happy about how the action scenes were done saying it was too chaotic almost like a video game (Don't know who was shooting at who).

The Nuul
There was no chance in Hell I was going to pay to see this but it was just above average like I thought it would be. Rampage was better than I thought but hes still no B.A. They should have made a new version of the character instead and he would have been better.

6/10

Kazenji
So did you feel the action was chaotic?

Scythe
Originally posted by Kazenji

To me it didn't, you'de have to be a moron to not be able to tell what was going on. It wasn't a great movie, but it was entertaining enough. Missed the best part after the credits though, goddamn it.

The Nuul

It was fine for me. Theres some BS action, thats about it.

super pr*xy
Originally posted by Scythe
To me it didn't, you'de have to be a moron to not be able to tell what was going on. It wasn't a great movie, but it was entertaining enough. Missed the best part after the credits though, goddamn it.

was there an after-credits scene? huh..

KingD19
Yeah....the original Face was tanning next to Bradley Cooper(New Face), and the original Murdock was the doctor examining the new Murdock.

Scythe
Originally posted by super pr*xy
was there an after-credits scene? huh..

Yeah, Apparently there was.

Originally posted by KingD19
Yeah....the original Face was tanning next to Bradley Cooper(New Face), and the original Murdock was the doctor examining the new Murdock.

I believe this happens after the credits, though I missed it and really don't wanna watch the movie again. May end up renting it later for the family and I'll see it then, but should anyone see it after reading this, there's something after the credits, haha.

Kazenji
So i went to see it today and enjoyed it, Lots of fun and action

8.5/10

with that scene at the end wonder why Mr T did'nt want to do it.

Scythe
So i went to see it today and enjoyed it, Lots of fun and action

8.5/10

with that scene at the end wonder why Mr T did'nt want to do it.

Apparently, Mr. T thought the film was filmed with nothing but death and sex, and he hasn't even seen it.

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=504325&silentchk=1&

Kazenji
I pity the fool.

Rogue Jedi
I pity anyone who has to watch this movie.

Kazenji
Just because your not a fan of the tv show........

Bicnarok

Rogue Jedi
Just because your not a fan of the tv show........

Pretty much. If I hated the TV show, what are the chances of me being able to stomach the movie?

Kazenji
Pretty much. If I hated the TV show, what are the chances of me being able to stomach the movie?

So why say 'I pity anyone who has to watch this movie.'

ever wondered some people just may like the show....

Rogue Jedi
Because I am free to do so?

Kazenji
Nevermind......feels like i'm talking to a numbskull.

The Nuul
Watched this again, Its fun and 8/10 for that factor.

jinXed by JaNx
Even for being a B action flick this movie didn't do to much for me. I think, The Losers is a better A-team with better characters and action.

Rogue Jedi
I eat my words.

Just got the dvd, watched it, was quite good. 8/10.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.