You are chosen to be protector of the world: Whose powers do you take?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
A cosmic entity has chosen you to serve as protector of Marvel Earth. You get to gain the powers, expertise (and weaknesses) of any of the following characters, who do you pick and why?

Superman

Thor

Juggernaut

Flash

Apocalypse

Green Lantern

thanos-prime
Thor

Phantom Zone
Really Flash should be unstoppable.

xJLxKing
Superman. Without PIS, anyone who uses his is one of the most dangerous beings. For one, he can be sun dipping in the sun until duty calls. Second, if he encounters a dangerous problem, he'd just have to use the Anti-Vibration power that he used against DS. NO being can survive that! (unless they are very very power)

Starscream M
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
Really Flash should be unstoppable. major weaknesses: lack of durability, range attacks, flight, space travel capabilities

Starscream M
Originally posted by thanos-prime
Thor major weaknesses: speed, flight dependent on Mjolnir

Parmaniac
Superman cause on MARVEL Earth is no kryptonite smile

and I wouldn't behave like Supes means going all out lots of times

Starscream M
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Superman. Without PIS, anyone who uses his is one of the most dangerous beings. For one, he can be sun dipping in the sun until duty calls. Second, if he encounters a dangerous problem, he'd just have to use the Anti-Vibration power that he used against DS. NO being can survive that! (unless they are very very power) major weaknesses: very exploitable weaknesses to red sun and kryptonite (any intelligent villain ie. Dr. Doom, could easily exploit this)

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Starscream M
major weaknesses: very exploitable weaknesses to red sun and kryptonite (any intelligent villain ie. Dr. Doom, could easily exploit this)
Without PIS, those weaknesses hardly affect Superman. He can speed to counter those radiations, and can easily Sun dip for long amount to make sure no Kryptonite, or Red Sun can actually hurt him.

D_Dude1210
Biggest weakness Supes has:

You're faster than a speeding bullet.

In bed.

Mshinu
If I had time to master the power I would go for Juggernaut.
Since is specified we gain the expertise of the character as well I suppose Thor it is.

Parmaniac
major weaknesses: very exploitable weaknesses to red sun and kryptonite (any intelligent villain ie. Dr. Doom, could easily exploit this)

if I had Supes powers I would most likely go in the offense and catch every villain who posses a real thread via a combination of X-ray vision + super hearing + flying + super speed + strength (maybe heat vision)

golem370
Juggernaut takes a licking and keeps on ticking

thanos-prime
major weaknesses: speed, flight dependent on Mjolnir he is not slow enough to call it a weakness

-Pr-
Superman or Green Lantern. The lack of women with relatively equal strength/durability would be a reason for me not to pick Superman's powers.

it's been tried by many. superman is still alive and kicking.

Mindship
Green Lantern: best combo of raw power and versatility. As for weakness: they all have weaknesses, so there's no escaping that factor.

(Close second: Thor. I believe GL's ring would better enable me to multi-task.)

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by -Pr-
Superman or Green Lantern. The lack of women with relatively equal strength/durability would be a reason for me not to pick Superman's powers.

Yeah, unless you plan on going celibate your whole hero life, I wouldn't go Superman at all.

Current Thor can actually switch to a mortal form as part of his powerset. And as long as that's a possiblity, I think I'll go with Thor.

Otherwise, I'll pick GL. No point in being a Superhero if you can't enjoy the perks.

-Pr-
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
Yeah, unless you plan on going celibate your whole hero life, I wouldn't go Superman at all.

Current Thor can actually switch to a mortal form as part of his powerset. And as long as that's a possiblity, I think I'll go with Thor.

Otherwise, I'll pick GL. No point in being a Superhero if you can't enjoy the perks.

yeah. at least in DC, you've got wonder woman, maxima (assuming she's still alive), and so on and so forth.

Starscream M
yeah. at least in DC, you've got wonder woman, maxima (assuming she's still alive), and so on and so forth. in Marvel, you have Ms. Marvel, Shehulk, etc

D_Dude1210
Hm. Whoops. Misread. Didn't see "Marvel" earth. Lol.

Would still pick Thor. Again, being able to hit it with mortals, goddesses AND superheroines alike beats just having to pick my dates. stick out tongue

Wild Shadow
would you encounter ur fellow heroes as a protector of earth?\

if so i would be a GL and scan their DNA and upgrade myself whenever possible. so i wouldnt be totally dependent on the ring.

Kris Blaze
Green Lantern ring could probably help me learn a lot of things and help boost my intelligence to superhuman levels.
Thor's powers would probably come with magical skill.
Superman's powers come with the fortress of solitude?

major weaknesses: speed, flight dependent on Mjolnir
Speed has never been a weakness for Thor no expression

-Pr-
in Marvel, you have Ms. Marvel, Shehulk, etc

those are cl100's. even their bodies might not be up to the task.

Parmaniac

What's with the bio aura? wink

and if all fails you can still have her:

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/7666/931966-01_super.jpg
laughing

Naija boy
Green lantern for sure. they along with thor have the widest range of abilities but unlike thor they use a small ring instead of a giant hammer.

Wild Shadow
the only reason i would pick the GL is im hoping to genetically alter myself and gain immortality along with other various abilities.

if not i have to pick thor

Kris Blaze

Ms. Marvel ain't no class 100.

Originally posted by Wild Shadow
the only reason i would pick the GL is im hoping to genetically alter myself and gain immortality along with other various abilities.

That's what I was thinking too.

Also, if KC Superman is any indicator, he'll be like 1-2k years at best. Thor's already got tens of thousands of years on his back.

Darth Jello
Dude, Dr. Manhattan. Except I would choose not to glow blue or walk around with my Penis swinging around.

Naija boy

if not i have to pick thor
hmm i forgot about immortality. id have to pick thor then.

shokosugi
Superman. because he always friggin wins.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Naija boy
hmm i forgot about immortality. id have to pick thor then. but as thor, you're beholden to asgardian rules, no?

Juntai
hmm i forgot about immortality. id have to pick thor then. Supes is pretty well immortal too. When Flash was running through time away from Black Flash, he saw Superman some odd billions of years in the future.

Parmaniac
hm if it would be able to geneticly alter yourself you should be able to give yourself every super power that every mutant have, cause it's not far fetched to "read"/analyse their DNA aswell

if that works yes then GL

Philosophía
Superman.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Parmaniac
hm if it would be able to geneticly alter yourself you should be able to give yourself every super power that every mutant have, cause it's not far fetched to "read"/analyse their DNA aswell

if that works yes then GL

the female GL with the yellow skin and blond hair altered herself to an adult in order to date hal.

guy gardner used his ring to keep himself from aging and keeping his body at physical peak.

cool

-Pr-
What's with the bio aura? wink

and if all fails you can still have her:

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/7666/931966-01_super.jpg
laughing

bio-aura only does so much. needless to say, there are some positions where a body aura just wont cut it.

also: eww.

Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Ms. Marvel ain't no class 100.

That's what I was thinking too.

Also, if KC Superman is any indicator, he'll be like 1-2k years at best. Thor's already got tens of thousands of years on his back.

she's close enough.

Starscream M

also: eww.

why eww? are you discriminatory against people with weight issues? they have feelings too, ya know.

Parmaniac
bio-aura only does so much. needless to say, there are some positions where a body aura just wont cut it.

Could you please go into detail with these positions?
You know it's just cause I don't know much about the bio aura smile

psycho gundam
silver surfer

Spire
Superman.

Assuming I still had the FoS, I would be able to do shit load of stuff.

Lord Feron
Easy Pick, I'd be thor. Do that thing he did to become RKT and BAM!!! Translevel Superhero baby. Not gonna have to worry anything short of Cosmics.

Kris Blaze
RKT was pretty far above trans.

Anyways, a Green Lantern might be the best way to go here. You'll want something that can help humanity defend itself. It'll be much better to create a world that doesn't need you. That seems to be what the thread is about, protecting earth. Coolest power would be a bit different.

Lord Feron
RKT was pretty far above trans.

Anyways, a Green Lantern might be the best way to go here. You'll want something that can help humanity defend itself. It'll be much better to create a world that doesn't need you. That seems to be what the thread is about, protecting earth. Coolest power would be a bit different.

I mean I don't think he is abstract level... or you think he is?

I like your idea. But in the comic world where you offer people a way (tech, magic, power of any sort) some dude is going to find a way to use it for bad. Or much worse use it against you.

If You did some serious research maybe you can cast a awesome spell over Marvel earth as thor of course.

Galan007
Anyways, a Green Lantern might be the best way to go here. GL powers are expended WAY too quick, imo.

i'd pick supes.

Naija boy
Originally posted by psycho gundam
silver surfer

Wasnt in the OP if not it would have bin an obvious choice.

Wild Shadow
obviously. cool

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Galan007
GL powers are expended WAY too quick, imo.

i'd pick supes.

I didn't know we were going under Geoff Johns' unreasonably strict power-restrictions : D

psycho gundam
Wasnt in the OP if not it would have bin an obvious choice. he left it out so more people would say superman.

i saw through the BS

whistle

Naija boy
he left it out so more people would say superman.

i saw through the BS

whistle

lol.

Kris Blaze
Nobody is going to get their hands on a red sun or kryptonite.

I still don't see why anybody would pick Superman's powerset over a green lantern ring. Barring the ridiculous inconsistencies in DC power-levels, there is no way that superhuman physique would trump the ability to do -anything-

Wild Shadow
its like picking an athlete body over a gun when going into a battle.

beer

Starscream M
this is marvel earth...I don't think its impossible that a genius villain could find and exploit superman's weakness

Obviously it isn't a great threat, but it is an exploitable weakness nonetheless

Mindset
Green Lantern

illadelph12
For me it would be likely a GL Ring, followed closely by Apocalypse's powers, and then the Thor/Mjolnir set (lower on my list due to carrying a big hammer around being so conspicuous). Apocalypse is probably the most practical choice due to the whole of his powerset being innate and not relying on artifacts which could be taken away (ring, hammer) or power sources which can be readily cutoff (sunlight), though he does have the shortcoming of his powers burning out the host bodies (which he can simply create as Stryfe was), though if for the intent of this thread we're granted the powers as if it were Nur's native body we wouldn't have that issue. There's a lot of applications for control of your entire atomic structure if you're smart.

Starscream M

Speed has never been a weakness for Thor no expression not saying he's slow

but compared to guys like Superman, GL and Flash who could be on the other side of the world in seconds, his speed is in comparison not up to par

Starscream M
he left it out so more people would say superman.

i saw through the BS

whistle I left out surfer deliberately because everyone would pick him...he is the most versatile without any obvious weaknesses

Kris Blaze
not saying he's slow

but compared to guys like Superman, GL and Flash who could be on the other side of the world in seconds, his speed is in comparison not up to par

Travels a hell of a lot faster than most of those guys.

Trans light flight speed and instant teleportation....can teleport as many as he wants no expression

Parmaniac
Actually the GL ring is the worst choice cause you said nothing about the power battery to reload it stick out tongue

Starscream M
Travels a hell of a lot faster than most of those guys.

Trans light flight speed and instant teleportation....can teleport as many as he wants no expression forgot about teleportation...if so, then that takes away his major shortcoming imo

Mindset
Actually the GL ring is the worst choice cause you said nothing about the power battery to reload it stick out tongue I wouldn't need it.

That's how badass I am.

Kris Blaze
forgot about teleportation...if so, then that takes away his major shortcoming imo

Still flies much faster than anyone with a green lantern ring.

But practically all of these guys can get from one planet to another, and go about the world in seconds.

Mindset
Still flies much faster than anyone with a green lantern ring.

I disagree.

Not Kyle, at least. cool

-Pr-
why eww? are you discriminatory against people with weight issues? they have feelings too, ya know.

facepalm

Could you please go into detail with these positions?
You know it's just cause I don't know much about the bio aura smile

laughing

put simply, anyone superman can maintain a lot of physical contact with (like holding in his arms) that he doesn't want to hurt, won't get hurt. depends on the amount of physical contact, i'd say...

I still don't see why anybody would pick Superman's powerset over a green lantern ring. Barring the ridiculous inconsistencies in DC power-levels, there is no way that superhuman physique would trump the ability to do -anything-

there is the strain it could put on you. and of course, personal preference.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by illadelph12
For me it would be likely a GL Ring, followed closely by Apocalypse's powers, and then the Thor/Mjolnir set (lower on my list due to carrying a big hammer around being so conspicuous). Apocalypse is probably the most practical choice due to the whole of his powerset being innate and not relying on artifacts which could be taken away (ring, hammer) or power sources which can be readily cutoff (sunlight), though he does have the shortcoming of his powers burning out the host bodies (which he can simply create as Stryfe was), though if for the intent of this thread we're granted the powers as if it were Nur's native body we wouldn't have that issue. There's a lot of applications for control of your entire atomic structure if you're smart. he is a gl ring (to an extent)

Nihilist
Powerset wise id pick Apocalypse.

Parmaniac
That's something I never understood, I mean the GL ring does everything you want right? It's only limited by your imagination and willpower to fuel it, so hypothetical it should be possible to create a miracle machine in form of a construct shouldn't it?

psycho gundam
you need a power battery also

Kris Blaze
That's something I never understood, I mean the GL ring does everything you want right? It's only limited by your imagination and willpower to fuel it, so hypothetical it should be possible to create a miracle machine in form of a construct shouldn't it?

It should at least keep you from getting taken out by Ollie's trick arrows.

Doctor-Alvis
A cosmic entity has chosen you to serve as protector of Marvel Earth. You get to gain the powers, expertise (and weaknesses) of any of the following characters, who do you pick and why?

Superman

Thor

Juggernaut

Flash

Apocalypse

Green Lantern
Hmm... Superman's powers would be super exploitable. Juggernaut is too one dimensional. Green Lantern has some great powers but is limited by the ring in ways that may interfere with my style. I'm not sure what Apocalypse's powers even are. Thor has some nice powers too, and is pretty metal, but if I'm going to be defending something, of the options presented Thor doesn't allow me to be cheap enough. So that leaves me with Flash.

As Flash, I would use my powers to Jay Garrick it but it's more probable that I'd spend my time trying to advance my powers, mostly for the ability to fly, instead of acquiring knowledge.

psycho gundam
no speed force in marvel eek! j/k

KingD19
Juggernaut actually has a pretty cool power set, especially if you take into account the powers he has, but doesn't use. Like the energy orbs, the enhanced speed, the walking on air, punching through dimensions, all the powers that kid got when he found the gem. Like shooting concussive beams of force, animating objects, and sending communications across the world. Plus if he could punch through dimensions like Trion, then he could effectively teleport as well.

Naija boy
juggernaut lost all those extra magical powers of his.

Denny Crane
I'd pick the GL ring assuming:

1- I can bring a Battery to recharge the ring

2- I still have access to the information in the Central Battery.

Can you imagine the patents you could pull out from guardian tech?

Plus having a supercomputer the size of a ring would definately allow you to play half life 2 at max settings.

KingD19
Nope, he didn't lose them, they were just one of those obscure abilities he used one time, then never used them again.

dmills
Thor. I alway's wanted to call down thunder from the heavens!

psycho gundam
besides fighting crime and all that symptomatic stuff, guys like GL and surfer are the best cause after you save the day, you have to keep the world happy to ensure they stay peaceful.

a green lantern ring and surfer could create safe energy sources for third world countries and help terraform landscapes too arid to sustain their populations. those two could solve the worlds major problems, not just beat up meta humans every other day.

Master Court
Thor, definitely.

I think he's probably the most overall terrifyingly powerful hero there is, and certainly the most majestic. He's shown capable of killing basically anyone, can at least damage the Celestials and Galactus, and has shown the capacity to resurrect himself. With Odinforce, he's decapitated the Destroyer, rebuilt the moon, rebuilt Asgard, and done countless other amazing things.

And overall, I think Thor fills the "hero" role better than anyone else. He's bold, strong as all Hell, powerful, the ladies like him, he's justifiably arrogant, and yet he looks after the little guy and has a well balanced set of morals, codes, and principles. And he's skilled as all f*ck.

If I had Thor's power... I would destroy you. Yes, you.

KingD19
*Looks around* Me? What did I do? confused

BlackZero30x
Flash or Thor

BlackZero30x
major weaknesses: lack of durability, range attacks, flight, space travel capabilities actually flash his durability depends...i mean like his ability to withstand great friction heat...i mean yea a straight punch to the face by superman would be pretty bad...but that's assuming superman could hit him...his attacks could actually be ranged as well if he wanted them to be....and if he could make whirlwinds to keep him in the air for flight if he wanted to...

thanos-prime
Apoc

Naija boy
Originally posted by KingD19
Nope, he didn't lose them, they were just one of those obscure abilities he used one time, then never used them again. he clearly mentioned it in Dr strange sorcerer supreme 43 or 44 that he lost them.

Badabing
First for me is a tie between Apoc and GL. They are the most versatile imo.

Runners up are Supes and Thor. Strength, speed, powers. I just feel Apoc and GL have more can do more with the powers they have.

Last are Juggy and Flash. They just can't match the versatility of Apoc, GL, Supes and Thor.

rotiart
Apocalypse. I get the feeling that with his powerset and knowledge that if he wasn't a villain... Even Thor woul have a hard time putting apocalypse down... Meaning I see apocalypse at his peak being more powerful than Thor... And with his tech shoul be able to give himself a wide set of powers

KingD19
he clearly mentioned it in Dr strange sorcerer supreme 43 or 44 that he lost them.

Was that before or after his resurrection in WWH, where he got his full power back?

Naija boy
Was that before or after his resurrection in WWH, where he got his full power back?

this was during his "classic era". he had his full strength and invulnerability. The "full power" he got back in WWH was a restoration to that full strength and invulnerability not to the point where he still had other mystical powers

KingD19
Did it state it was just his strength and invulnerability he got back?? It's a pretty good assumption that Cyttorak says he's back to 100%, he means it, even with all the obscure powers he picked up and dropped over the years.

Naija boy
He hasnt displayed any of those powers in ages. Standard full powered classic juggernaut has always been the regular unstoppable superstrong invulnerable jugs. The occasions where he used to shoot beams from his hands and such are pretty ancient. I mean, even when he admitted to having lost all those mystical powers, he said that he had lost them "a long time ago". Not only that but the issue where he stated this came out in the 80s iirc. When he got depowered, he was depowered from the regular state we know him to be in (invulnerable, strong and unstoppable), hence cyttorak repowered him back to that same state. Until we see him blasting people again then there is really no reason to assume otherwise.

Doctor-Alvis
Did it state it was just his strength and invulnerability he got back?? It's a pretty good assumption that Cyttorak says he's back to 100%, he means it, even with all the obscure powers he picked up and dropped over the years.
The magic spells, like the orbs and changing other people's size were magics he learned himself. Punching through dimensions was because of the evil spirit that possessed him. I don't know about the other stuff. One shots it sounds like. Especially the ones that are like 40 years old.

Warlord
Thor.

Not only I'd defend Earth, I'd also get to live forever

Slaanesh
GL ring..

Placidity
Apoc or Power Ring

KingD19
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
The magic spells, like the orbs and changing other people's size were magics he learned himself. Punching through dimensions was because of the evil spirit that possessed him. I don't know about the other stuff. One shots it sounds like. Especially the ones that are like 40 years old.

Well the thread starter states you get access to all their powers, so even if they're one shots, you get access to them.

Doctor-Alvis
Well the thread starter states you get access to all their powers, so even if they're one shots, you get access to them.
But he doesn't have them anymore, or doesn't seem to have the one shot powers anymore.

If that's the case though, Superman or Green Lantern sweep this. Especially like Hal Jordon. He had the benefit of being a Green Lantern when nobody really cared about "power levels" and he's worn like 14 out of the 17 other Lantern rings. And he was the wraith of God. That might be getting too specific though.

Kris Blaze
He was the -wrath- of god Alvis.

Work on that grammar or suffer the consequences uhuh

janus77
Thor. GL battery issues would be too worrying.

of course, if Surfer was an option then I'd pick him. simply the best.

Warlord
gl rings are troublesome. face it guys your willpower suck.

I on the other hand would perform great with one....smile

Doctor-Alvis
He was the -wrath- of god Alvis.

Work on that grammar or suffer the consequences uhuh
You're going to suffer my wrath if you keep up that sass mouth!

Kris Blaze
You're going to suffer my wrath if you keep up that sass mouth!

I'm sorry sir embarrasment

Raptor22
id take thor he has a mix of almost everything. strength, speed, flying (also through space), teleportation, magic, immortality, control of the weather(bikini season all year), matter manip, and you would get to be the ruler of a magical world, and have an awesome magic hammer. life would be pretty good.

h1a8
hmm i forgot about immortality. id have to pick thor then.

Thor is not immortal but long lived. He refers to humans as mortals because he is a dumbass. Olympians are truly immortal.

h1a8
If I can use GL's ring to alter my dna to be kryptonian then I chose GL.
But if not then I chose Superman. With Superman I will sundip for years and come out immortal with no weaknesses.

Naija boy
Originally posted by h1a8
Thor is not immortal but long lived. He refers to humans as mortals because he is a dumbass. Olympians are truly immortal.

Straight from wikipedia no doubt.

Wild Shadow
im sure if he did he wouldnt have used the word Dumb@$$. dont think wiki would post it. wink

rotiart
Well however they live, ragnarok ensures they repeat their damn lives over and over

Doctor-Alvis
If you're just getting their powers/experience, you wouldn't necessarily have to fight in Ragnarok, nor would you be King or Prince of Asgard or have free access to the golden apples that keep the Asgard folk youthful.

gogogadgetgo

Superman

Thor

Juggernaut

Flash

Apocalypse

Green Lantern

thor

why? coz he has freaking huge mallet

rotiart
Apocalypse. When I take over a host I can say. " come on baby. It's for the good of the world."

DarkOdin
Originally posted by rotiart
Well however they live, ragnarok ensures they repeat their damn lives over and over

Nope thor took care of that no more ragnarok.

rotiart
Well yah current versions only live "once" now. Though I doubt a pesky thing like death will keep an asgardian truly down for long.

h1a8
Straight from wikipedia no doubt.

No. From comics. The Norse Gods depends on the golden apples of Iduns to not age. As proof look at how old Odin looks. Surely he ages but slowly.

Survivor19
Apocalypse.
I mean, i can just convert a hundred or so of random dudes in my Horseman, and then just sit at home chilling. And in case of major threat, prepare tech solutions based on data abtained while said threat is massacring horsemen.
Also, immortality sure helps.

Apocalypse as well. With all his knowledge, tech and every single power he has ever displayed over the years, he'd be nigh unstoppable without pis and cis.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by 753
Apocalypse as well. With all his knowledge, tech and every single power he has ever displayed over the years, he'd be nigh unstoppable without pis and cis. A lantern ring would cover that too imo.

Of course only if you can infinitely recharge it.

SamZED
Squirrel agility and Galactus is my b!tch.

A lantern ring would cover that too imo.

Of course only if you can infinitely recharge it.

And that's its main limitation right there. If they had limitless power supply they could steamroll almost anyone.

But more than that, I think poccy's knowledge base and tech could go a longer way than a ring and average expertise in its use.

The power and tech to remake others and give them superpowers is already massive in itself. Why does the moron stay bound to a christian myth making 4 horsemen instead of an army of thousands? Why doesn't he take more powerfull beings as prime matter to begin with? With his powerset and a different moral compass and mentality I'd recruit likeminded individuals from all over the world and make a horde to defend it (as a I see fit). Plus, he has spaceships, some timetravelling tech and is immortal.

McNasty996
Originally posted by 753
And that's its main limitation right there. If they had limitless power supply they could steamroll almost anyone.

But more than that, I think poccy's knowledge base and tech could go a longer way than a ring and average expertise in its use.

The power and tech to remake others and give them superpowers is already massive in itself. Why does the moron stay bound to a christian myth making 4 horsemen instead of an army of thousands? Why doesn't he take more powerfull beings as prime matter to begin with? With his powerset and a different moral compass and mentality I'd recruit likeminded individuals from all over the world and make a horde to defend it (as a I see fit). Plus, he has spaceships, some timetravelling tech and is immortal.

And that is why my pick is apocalypse

JakeTheBank
Thor. Mjolnir might not be as open ended as a GL ring, but damn, it's already bordering on plot device as a weapon. It's a well rounded power/skill set, with the ability to deal with virtually any threat in your weight class and with no glaring weaknesses, either.

TheTyrant
Apocalypse.

Lunacyde
Flash....his powerset makes him hard to beat unless it's some planet stomping threat. Besies his powers are freakin kool, although you'd have to learn to be patient.

janus77
Superman - good

Thor - better

Juggernaut - crap

Flash - poor

Apocalypse - ok

Green Lantern - ok

of the above, Thor is the best compromise between power, versatility, durability and speed.

amnesia
Superman. But i would not protect the earth, i would conquer it.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by amnesia
Superman. But i would not protect the earth, i would conquer it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh6JDH4DACg
cool

chomperx9
Originally posted by janus77

Green Lantern - ok

green lantern just ok ? they are supposed to be the protectors of the universe. im sure handling one planet every day wont be such a biggy. ok yeah our planet has some issues compared to others out there but id rather take the responsibility to protect a planet than an entire universe.

Lunacyde
Superman - good

Thor - better

Juggernaut - crap

Flash - poor

Apocalypse - ok

Green Lantern - ok

of the above, Thor is the best compromise between power, versatility, durability and speed.

How is Flash a poor choice?

janus77
standard GLs aren't up to much. could probably be taken out by an explosion at a nuclear power plant.

Superman/Thor would prove more durable and kryptonite doesn't exist in the real world (so far).

janus77
Originally posted by Lunacyde
How is Flash a poor choice?
one trick pony. not much practical value... also, bit dim.

chomperx9
standard GLs aren't up to much. could probably be taken out by an explosion at a nuclear power plant.

Superman/Thor would prove more durable and kryptonite doesn't exist in the real world (so far). the crystal that gives the power to lanterns is the most powerful energy in the universe.

im pretty sure any GL shield would protect life form on earth from any explosions.

comic earth no. but in reality if there were GLs there wouldnt be anything on this planet that they would have to fear.

Lunacyde
one trick pony. not much practical value... also, bit dim.

1. His powers give him a wide range of abilities. Read a Flash book sometime.

2.Not much practical value? Are you dense?

3. A bit dim? Are you trying to say the Flash isn't very smart? He's brighter than Thor and half the people on this list.

TheTyrant
Apocalypse's powerset of course.

janus77

2.Not much practical value? Are you dense?

3. A bit dim? Are you trying to say the Flash isn't very smart? He's brighter than Thor and half the people on this list.
1. nothing like as useful as Superman's powers or Thor's or GL's or Apocalypse's ...

2. see 1. vibrating shit and running around is not going to solve much. being able to trap and manipulate energy/matter and to do so at a distance = decent power.

3. Thor's smarter than Flash, imo. and as for being smarter than half the people on the list:

Juggernaut
Apocalypse
Green Lantern

umm, not much competition apart from Thor/Superman.

Parmaniac

2.Not much practical value? Are you dense? Not compared to the others. If you think different please give examples of what you would do.

TheTyrant
1. nothing like as useful as Superman's powers or Thor's or GL's or Apocalypse's ...

2. see 1. vibrating shit and running around is not going to solve much. being able to trap and manipulate energy/matter and to do so at a distance = decent power.

3. Thor's smarter than Flash, imo. and as for being smarter than half the people on the list:

Juggernaut
Apocalypse
Green Lantern

umm, not much competition apart from Thor/Superman.

Apoc is less smarter than Superman or Thor? Are you serious? Apoc is one of the smartest people in MU.

janus77
Originally posted by TheTyrant
Apoc is less smarter than Superman or Thor? Are you serious? Apoc is one of the smartest people in MU.
Apocalypse is seriously overrated.
how nany millennia has he struggled to grasp the cast off artefacts he has kept from The Celestials? Apocalypse, on feats, wouldn't even make the top 20 of Marvel Earth.

that said, I only included him in the stupid pile as a joke, but I believe Superman might be more intelligent and Thor has access to methods of boosting his intellect significantly I think.

Lunacyde
Not compared to the others. If you think different please give examples of what you would do.

Right. Being able to get anywhere on Earth in seconds isn't valuable. Phasing through walls wouldn't either. Being able to react to anything on Earth....not practically valuable, or being able to hit something with an IMP if you had to. Moving so fast someone couldn't see you, impractical. Stealing anyone or anything's speed...wouldn't be able to be applied practically of course...

What "practical" powers does Thor have? Juggernaut? Superman?

TheTyrant
Both Superman and Apocalypse can phase through walls.

Parmaniac
Right. Being able to get anywhere on Earth in seconds isn't valuable. Phasing through walls wouldn't either. Being able to react to anything on Earth....not practically valuable, or being able to hit something with an IMP if you had to. Moving so fast someone couldn't see you, impractical. Stealing anyone or anything's speed...wouldn't be able to be applied practically of course...

What "practical" powers does Thor have? Juggernaut? Superman? I reffered with compared to the others to Apoc and a GL ring (CISless and PISless)

janus77

What "practical" powers does Thor have? Juggernaut? Superman?
Juggernaut - crap
recall that?

the phasing and running shit is unnecessary. the Earth isn't that big, Supernan's nearly as fast as Flash so that makes no difference here. Thor's fast enougnh to get around the world in seconds too.

Flash can't stop a plane from falling out of the sky or seal off a volcano or move an island that's in the way of a tsunami etc etc

Flash isn't that useful.

Colossus-Big C
flash

rotiart
I'd pick Thor. He carries a massive hammer below his belt... If you know what I mean. And I know you do starscream.

chomperx9
id choose to be a GL

JakeTheBank
Thor's pretty smart. He knows everything Blake does and vice versa, and Blake is heralded as being one of the best doctors in the world. He's not a super genius like Apoc, or arguably Superman, but he's not an idiot, either. He's also a superb warrior and has a strong grasp of tactics, as vouched by Rogers himself.

Apocalypse is seriously overrated.
how nany millennia has he struggled to grasp the cast off artefacts he has kept from The Celestials? Apocalypse, on feats, wouldn't even make the top 20 of Marvel Earth.

that said, I only included him in the stupid pile as a joke, but I believe Superman might be more intelligent and Thor has access to methods of boosting his intellect significantly I think.

Apocalypse is most certainly more intelligent than anyone else in this list who couldn't even understand his tech - let alone superman. His understanding of most aspects of physical reality and acumulated knowledge on just about any field is also a good deal above them. He is a jobber, but that's it. DS may be a dumb underperformer in comics, but to claim he is stupid or that Batman is smarter than him is just absurd.

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Thor's pretty smart. He knows everything Blake does and vice versa, and Blake is heralded as being one of the best doctors in the world. He's not a super genius like Apoc, or arguably Superman, but he's not an idiot, either. He's also a superb warrior and has a strong grasp of tactics, as vouched by Rogers himself.

SM is a supergenius? Really?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by 753
SM is a supergenius? Really?

It's something that was touched on Pre-Crisis, but yes, Superman does have plenty of Post Crisis feats to warrant dubbing him so. IIRC, he's upgraded tech that Jor-El himself made among other things.

Omega Vision
Superman-reason:very well rounded powerset and one of his biggest weaknesses (kryptonite) doesn't exist in Marvel

Doctor-Alvis
Hmm... Superman's powers would be super exploitable. Juggernaut is too one dimensional. Green Lantern has some great powers but is limited by the ring in ways that may interfere with my style. I'm not sure what Apocalypse's powers even are. Thor has some nice powers too, and is pretty metal, but if I'm going to be defending something, of the options presented Thor doesn't allow me to be cheap enough. So that leaves me with Flash.

As Flash, I would use my powers to Jay Garrick it but it's more probable that I'd spend my time trying to advance my powers, mostly for the ability to fly, instead of acquiring knowledge.
I was going to say Green Lantern or Thor but past Alvis makes a valid point. A lot of the Flashes had ridiculous powers like making solid speed constructs and controlling molecules. That could be quite useful.

Flash can't stop a plane from falling out of the sky or seal off a volcano or move an island that's in the way of a tsunami etc etc
Yeah he can. He can run up the dust in the air and steal the speed of the airplane, melt then cool the top of the volcano. The last one I think would be better to just stop the tsunami instead.

snyper1982
Flash. Is easily the best powerset on here. All of those other powers everyone else has means nothing when you can't touch the other guy, even worse when he can literally steal your speed.

Wild Shadow
Juggernaut - crap
recall that?

the phasing and running shit is unnecessary. the Earth isn't that big, Supernan's nearly as fast as Flash so that makes no difference here. Thor's fast enough to get around the world in seconds too.

Flash isn't that useful.

1. air buffer circle run or hand tornado... or climb in the second the plane is close enough and get ppl out.. probably some ppl will be dead by then..

2. digs a trench at superspeed or takes everyone away at superspeed from the volcano.. tsunami steals its speed stopping tsunami dead in its tracks...... million sand bag break wall...

laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing

the real problems would be an asteroid/meteor... solar flare sun problems.. nuclear war missiles

Doctor-Alvis
the real problems would be an asteroid/meteor... solar flare sun problems.. nuclear war missiles

Also you'd have to have a lot of patients.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>