Boba Fett vs. AotC Kenobi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Advent
Combatants: Boba Fett versus Attack of the Clones Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Setting: Starting off on the streets in downtown Coruscant (like where Anakin and Zam Wessel crashed during AotC).

Rules: The only rule is, there are none.

Y5jAwXmPRlQ

Like Jango, Boba Fett is the considered best bounty hunter in the entire galaxy. Since Jango Fett and Obi-Wan had a pretty epic battle with neither of the two winning, this should prove to be an interesting fight. As seen in AotC, having the Force doesn't mean you won't be getting headbutted by non-Force sensitives. Most Jedi (certainly not Obi-Wan) aren't known to use Force powers against their opponents excessively in battle. The extent of their offensive is Force push, often not capable of even causing a KO against street-level thugs. With that in mind, FIGHT!

Darth Martin
If we're taking into account EU then Fett wins handily IMO. Strictly movie versions then Kenobi shouldn't have too many problems.

Advent
Yes, we're taking into account EU. Since that is so, how big of a difference would RotS Kenobi make?

mattatom
Since Fett's armour makes him impregnable to saber blades as of LOTF and he's stil lgot some handy reflexes and some nice new gadgets. It'd be a close fight but unless Kenobi uses the Force a bit I think he'll lsoe this one.

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by mattatom
Since Fett's armour makes him impregnable to saber blades as of LOTF and he's stil lgot some handy reflexes and some nice new gadgets. It'd be a close fight but unless Kenobi uses the Force a bit I think he'll lsoe this one.
Since Fett's armour makes him impregnable to saber blades as of LOTF and he's still got some handy reflexes and some nice new gadgets, it'd be a close fight. But unless Kenobi uses the Force a bit I think he'll lose this one.

Fixed. Happy Dance

(I'd say that AotC Kenobi would lose and RotS would stand a good chance of winning. But Advent would make me elaborate and have me write a solid 5 pages assessment of the situation, so I won't say it.)

mattatom
Originally posted by Slash_KMC
Fixed. Happy Dance

(I'd say that AotC Kenobi would lose and RotS would stand a good chance of winning. But Advent would make me elaborate and have me write a solid 5 pages assessment of the situation, so I won't say it.) Ta Slash I'm tired so shush. Though those wer emy thoughts exunctly.

Slash_KMC
Ta Slash I'm tired so shush. Though those wer emy thoughts exunctly.

I just couldn't not correct you, that would be so out of character for me. Plus you gave me an excuse to use the Banana smiley again.

mattatom
I just couldn't not correct you, that would be so out of character for me. Plus you gave me an excuse to use the Banana smiley again. I like that damn smiley, and you know correcting people all the time doesn't make you a helper, it makes you...irritating

Slash_KMC
I like that damn smiley, and you know correcting people all the time doesn't make you a helper, it makes you...irritating

Or as I like to call it, a super-helper.

mattatom
Or as I like to call it, a super-helper. Or as the rest of us like to call you... an *******.

Slash_KMC
Or as the rest of us like to call you... an *******.

I prefer my word(s). It's more, realistic.

Hewhoknowsall
Well, I'm not sure if AOTC Kenobi can manage to get around the beskar...

mattatom
I prefer my word(s). It's more, realistic. It's a cover.Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
Well, I'm not sure if AOTC Kenobi can manage to get around the beskar... Yes HWKS we established that.

Slash_KMC
Repeating is allowed.

Unless someone calls it spam.

mattatom
Repeating is allowed.

Unless someone calls it spam. Reported for Not spamming.

Slash_KMC
Reported for Not spamming.

People report me too much.

mattatom
People report me too much. It's because you leave a broad amount of sh*te all over the place. C wha I did therA pun.That's pun-ishable

Hewhoknowsall
Mattatom, I don't remember you ever actually giving a serious, semi-logical argument.

Oh, and without Beskar Kenobi might win, but with it Boba takes this.

mattatom
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
Mattatom, I don't remember you ever actually giving a serious, semi-logical argument.

Oh, and without Beskar Kenobi might win, but with it Boba takes this. That's because I haven't found a thread yet which interests me enough to give a logical argument. Well minus a couple. Also you've only been around here for about a year, I was around here long before.

REXXXX
Back on topic, please, or I'll close and distribute warnings.

truejedi
Jaden Korr proved to be a match for Boba. I'm going with Kenobi. Keep in mind, he was going for the capture (as ordered by Windu) the entire fight in AOTC. I think a fight to the death might have gone his way a bit quicker.

ares834
Yeah, Kenobi would have been able to handle old Boba Fett, but the new Uber-Fett crafted by Traviss would win... Sad really.

truejedi
thinking though... what actual combat feats does Traviss give Boba? She makes OTHER mandos look pretty incredible, but Boba? Remember, the main thing Jaina learned from him was the "way of the mando" or whatever.

I thought Traviss's biggest fault was making EVERY mando the equivalent of Boba Fett. She didn't necessarily overpower Boba per se.

Thoughts?

Raptor 7789
Early on in the series "The Last of the Jedi" (It's set a little bit after ep3) Obi Wan fights Boba when he's like, 14 or something, and Obi Wan has Ferus Olin on his side. But he still can't make a scratch on Boba.

Boba wins.

Obi7
Originally posted by truejedi
Jaden Korr proved to be a match for Boba. I'm going with Kenobi. Keep in mind, he was going for the capture (as ordered by Windu) the entire fight in AOTC. I think a fight to the death might have gone his way a bit quicker.

Good point. Obi-wan was hampered by his orders to take Fett alive, whereas Fett just needed to escape, whether he had to use lethal force or not.

Obi-wan could take this.

Jamefril
You also have to take into account that while Obi-Wan was trying to capture Jango, Boba was shooting at him with the SLAVE's lasers. I would find it difficult to kill someone, let alone capture them while being shot at by very large lasers. Without the SLAVE or Boba there, Obi probably would have eventually captured Jango. This fight between Kenobi and Boba is supposed to take place where Boba dosen't have the SLAVE 2 handy and dosen't have someone in a star ship trying to blast Kenobi during the fight.
My conclusion: Kenobi wins. But it would still be quite the fight.

Red Nemesis
Oh gosh. Sentences like this are what make KMC worthwhile:

Jinsoku Takai
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
Oh gosh. Sentences like this are what make KMC worthwhile:

Well, it does have that slightly lingering stinch of trueness, eh.

DARTH POWER
Ta Slash I'm tired so shush. Though those wer emy thoughts exunctly.

LOL dnt you dare not iritate Slash wid puur gramamr!

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by truejedi

yeah he was specifically ordered to bring him back for questioning. Therefore he HAD TO bring him back Alive.

Gideon
Fett could only win if he's allowed prep. time, an overwhelming amount of weaponry (including cortosis laced melee weapons), and if Kenobi is under orders to bring him back alive.

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
LOL dnt you dare not iritate Slash wid puur gramamr!
facepalm

Samurai100
Fett managed to shoot Vader in the head and he had a chance to shoot him in the back
Fett wins

truejedi
he's gonna stab boba's head with his lightsaber, but boba will fly off and rain down lots of lasers on poor kenobi, but kenobi will block them all, and after boba runs outta jett fuel, boba's arms will get cut off, but then he will headbutt kenobi, but just as it seems all is lost, kenobi will use the force to break his neck, ending their historic tussle.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.