Cyclops vs the batfamily

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kris Blaze
Cyclops takes on this team.

Batgirl (Cassandra)
Robin (Tim Drake)
Nightwing (Dick)

thanos-prime
Get off my lawn blast ftw

Kris Blaze
I was thinking about adding some stipulation.

psycho gundam
cis off: bat family is gone.

cis on: cyke refrains from using the high power version on a team of human heroes. the batfamily has a great chance of taking him down if they simply separate and flank him, probably takes 1-2 of them down first.

namorsubby
namorsubby: bat-family wins
somebody else: why? cyke has......blah, blah onslaught.....blah, blah
namorsubby: i know, but those feats don't render him incapable of being put down by three grade A street-levelers who cooperate together extremely efficiently

-Pr-
using non-wide blasts, cyke can be put down, but i can see him taking a couple of them with him.

Eternal Idol
Cyclops ftw.

KingD19
Even using narrow beams, his ricochet ability with his blasts is legendary.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by KingD19
Even using narrow beams, his ricochet ability with his blasts is legendary.

That's true. He could get them from all sorts of angles.

gogogadgetgo
in a city = batfamily
open field with sufficient distance = cyclops
enclosed area = batfamily
opposite end of a street = cyclops

Survivor19
I think somebody should post the scan of Cyke disarming entire room of soldiers with weapon aimed at him with a single blast to stop this ridiculiness:

Digi
http://pics.livejournal.com/shortpacked/pic/0023s704/

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Digi
http://pics.livejournal.com/shortpacked/pic/0023s704/

http://philoblogy.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/batman.jpg

outavodka
Originally posted by thanos-prime
Get off my lawn blast ftw i conqur

BruceSkywalker
cyke is good, but the batfamily is agile enough to evade his blasts and once cyke misses than cyke is a goner

Eternal Idol
It's almost impossible for Cyclops to miss. All he really has to do is get them in his line of sight. He doesn't even need to go "GET OFF MY LAWN" mode on them.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
cyke is good, but the batfamily is agile enough to evade his blasts and once cyke misses than cyke is a goner

How is he a goner? He can keep blasting and covering himself, it's not like it takes time for him to shoot again. They'll have to use a lot of force to knock him out anyway. This is the same guy who only got a bloody nose from a Sentinel slap.

Survivor19
Iron Patriot wasn't able to kill/KO/cripple him too, for some reason...

Master Court
Without bullsh*t, Cyclops should take this.

He doesn't have to actually "aim". He can blast whatever he looks at, so if he can see you, he can blast you. And he can make it a continuous stream for as long as he wants. So jumping out the way doesn't end it . He can follow you and take you off his f*cking lawn.

Anyone remember when he blasted Wolverine out the window?

SamZED
What about the many times Wolverine's been dodging his blasts?
I dont see why the team cant do the same and ko him, unless it is the get off my lawn blast.

Master Court
Well, it is.

There's a difference between dodging his burst shots and dodging one big continuous stream.

Survivor19
They aren't that many...

Placidity
Originally posted by Master Court
Well, it is.

There's a difference between dodging his burst shots and dodging one big continuous stream.

If he is using a continuous stream to follow one person (which can still be dodged, maybe even easier because you can see where the beam is the whole time), he is leaving himself open to attack from the other two, including thrown projectiles.

Master Court
Originally posted by Placidity
If he is using a continuous stream to follow one person (which can still be dodged, maybe even easier because you can see where the beam is the whole time), he is leaving himself open to attack from the other two, including thrown projectiles.

Except all he has to do is look at the projectile and he can blast it. It's a turn of the head versus the flight time of a thrown weapon. Cyclops has no limit to his rate of fire, he doesn't run out of energy, and he even controls how powerful his blast is.

Going all out, he could blast through the projectile, the cover the Bat-Person is using, the Bat-Person, and three buildings behind him. He could even sweep the whole area with the blast he used on WWHulk. You know, turn his head sideways so that his blast spans from the ground to like fifteen feet up. If he swept with that, it would clear a forest. They couldn't hide from that.

Placidity
Except all he has to do is look at the projectile and he can blast it. It's a turn of the head versus the flight time of a thrown weapon. Cyclops has no limit to his rate of fire, he doesn't run out of energy, and he even controls how powerful his blast is.

I think you are missing the point.

If he is blasting the projectile, he isn't following anyone with a "continuous stream" as you put it. And that was the only point I was making.

rotiart
Cyclops can run out of juice... The guys a solar battery after all. He just has a lot stored....

The only way cyclops loses is if he starts in the center and the three are surrounding him. His blind spot opponent could get a decent shot on Scott

but if he's facing them directly, he can knock all of them down before they react

Eternal Idol
Originally posted by rotiart
The only way cyclops loses is if he starts in the center and the three are surrounding him. His blind spot opponent could get a decent shot on Scott

but if he's facing them directly, he can knock all of them down before they react

illadelph12
Couldn't Cyke just open his eyes wide and spam the Booker T Spin-O-Rooney?

Eternal Idol
laughing out loud

KingD19
Let's not forget, Cyclops is also a pretty good martial artist.

Here's him hitting a crazy number of targets with a single blast - http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=5779865

He hits Northstar while he's running - http://img219.imageshack.us/i/000cwkcr1eu.jpg/

iceman24567
His MA is Tim Drake level at best and he's the weakest.

KingD19
That's why I said pretty good, he utilizies his powers far more than his skills, he just practices to stay in shape, or in case his powers get canceled out. They're more last resort.

-Pr-
Originally posted by KingD19
That's why I said pretty good, he utilizies his powers far more than his skills, he just practices to stay in shape, or in case his powers get canceled out. They're more last resort.

he pratices because he wants to be competent. he wouldn't be as good as he is without wanting to be that good. he doesn't rely on his power, it just happens to be his most potent form of attack.

whether he's tim drake level, though, i'm not sure.

Cyclops can run out of juice... The guys a solar battery after all. He just has a lot stored....

yes, he is a battery, but him running out of juice would take literal hours.

while i'd love to give cyclops the win, people like nightwing are just so damn agile that it's not funny.

namorsubby
i've seen magneto dodge cyke, also mr. fantastic, bullseye, etc.

these 3 can evade him,and they can cooperate spectacularly for the win.

edit:

cyke is not drake level concerning MA.......that kid beat lady shiva, sure it was a bo-staff fight, which is the weapon he specializes in......but come on, it's lady shiva!

tim drake is way up there in MA status

illadelph12
Harlem Heat ftw.

rotiart
Yes cyclops has huge stores. I said as much smile. Just pointing out it isn't unlimted

a bloodlusted cyke would lawnblast/forest clear
and magneto dodging is more pis than anything when you consider how many accuracy feats cyclops has... Like bouncing his blasts around. Fighting his own teammates when they were tricked into thinking he was a villain...disarming an entire room of peeps in a single swipe of his head apparently...(although it's a comic so maybe it was more than that)

and as far as his martial skills go... He may not be wolverine level... But it is good enough that if the enemy gets in close he can dodge enough to unless his eyeblasts...

If this is cyclops knowing he's facing just humans he's not gonna go all out and would lose half the time knowing also his enemies are heroes because he wouldn't want to hurt them too much... Although I'm not so sure about his morales lately... Since I read about why he put xforce together... He may just kill the team if he thinks they are a threat to mutants like he ordered wolverine and co to do... I wouldn't be all to surprised if current cyclops started off with leathal force.

iceman24567
Originally posted by namorsubby
i've seen magneto dodge cyke, also mr. fantastic, bullseye, etc.

these 3 can evade him,and they can cooperate spectacularly for the win.

edit:

cyke is not drake level concerning MA.......that kid beat lady shiva, sure it was a bo-staff fight, which is the weapon he specializes in......but come on, it's lady shiva!

tim drake is way up there in MA status I wouldn't say way up there but better than Scott sure.

rotiart
I agree. I think Tim is better than Scott. By a pretty fair margin also.

The Pict
I don't see Cyke taking all 3 down unless he takes off his visor. The Bat Family are adept at dodging pretty much anything coming their way. Also they have batarangs and the like to put down Scott from a distance.

I agree. I think Tim is better than Scott. By a pretty fair margin also.

thumb up

rotiart
True. But a simple ge off my lawn wins. And cykes current mindset allows him to condone the killing of humans he believes are threats... Batarangs wouldn't help in that scenario if Scott fired off his great clearing blasts.

Again I think it's cykes mindset that enables the win.
Hero mode says he loses
current xforce let's kill humans before they kill us mode....

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by The Pict
I don't see Cyke taking all 3 down unless he takes off his visor. The Bat Family are adept at dodging pretty much anything coming their way. Also they have batarangs and the like to put down Scott from a distance.

thumb up

He's taken way more than Batarangs to the face. They're not putting him down with those.

starlock
Without bloodlust...i have a hard time seeing Cyclops taking the majority....so Team Batfamily for the majority

psycho gundam
Originally posted by illadelph12
Couldn't Cyke just open his eyes wide and spam the Booker T Spin-O-Rooney? he'll have to get training from apollo creed to learn those moves.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by starlock
Without bloodlust...i have a hard time seeing Cyclops taking the majority....so Team Batfamily for the majority
Well current Scott is a killing douche...

Master Court
Look, Cyclops, if he wanted to, could kill a horde of Bat-People with one sweep.

And even if he kept it a decent fight. His fighting skills and experience are icing on the cake. He has strategy, instincts, and sh*t... It's not like he'll stand there taking potshots. He could very well wait for them to get close and then cut them in half. He could move around, follow them, dodge their sh*t and give them change, get up close for H2H and then BAM!! He can pop a shot off whenever the Hell he wants.

As for distractions? Do you know how slow someone really is when they jump around? Even at acrobatically good speeds, the tracking speed of the head is more than capable of keeping up with normal humans.

That said... Does this fight include Bruce? Or just the others?

rotiart
maybe set up a stipulation like.. cyclops is 20 feet away.. and cannot use his eye blasts for 2 minutes? that makes it more fair.

Placidity

As for distractions? Do you know how slow someone really is when they jump around? Even at acrobatically good speeds, the tracking speed of the head is more than capable of keeping up with normal humans.

Does any of Batman's good feats strike you as "normal"?

Peak Human in comics is a lot more than in real life.

Wei Phoenix
maybe set up a stipulation like.. cyclops is 20 feet away.. and cannot use his eye blasts for 2 minutes? that makes it more fair.

How in the hell does that make it more fair. Scott would have to fight off three people with his hands for two minutes.

torelli121
No no no no no no no fire no fire eyes
I wanna feel the music higher and touch the ski
No no no no you drive me crazy you crazy boy
I wanna live with you a deja vu

I-Drop
Current "Malcom X" Cyclops slaughters them in less than a second

illadelph12
cGISpVZjx_M

Philosophía
Batgirl would own his ass.

Master Court

2 minutes against the Bat-Family? That's enough time for Cyclops to get his ass kicked five times.

Originally posted by Placidity
Does any of Batman's good feats strike you as "normal"?

Peak Human in comics is a lot more than in real life.

This is a very, very, very good point. HOWEVER! Cyclops himself, believe it or not, is in a comic book. So it's really relative. If they're all in "peak" condition, it should still go the same way, albeit quite a bit faster.

And what's more, I'm waiting for an answer from whoever as to whether or not this fight includes The Batman, or if it's Dick.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Cyclops takes on this team.

Batgirl (Cassandra)
Robin (Tim Drake)
Nightwing (Dick)

The OP should answer your question Court...

Eternal Idol
Cyclops spin-a-roony ftw.

Master Court
Oh, right.

Well, without Bruce, I think Cyclops takes this.

Assuming that 2 minute blast-ban is not in effect. I guess this fight is really about where they fight.

If they are on the mansion lawn, Cyclops wins. If they're in a building, the Bats take it. City streets, it can go either way. Meh. That's what I figure, anyway. But I think Cass is gonna be Scott's biggest problem.

Eternal Idol
Joking aside, Cyclops easily blasts them all to hell. There's no real escaping a wide and constant optic blast. None of the batfamily has superhuman speed or reflexes to overcome Cyclops' ability to scan the room and blast them all.

Master Court
Originally posted by Eternal Idol
Joking aside, Cyclops easily blasts them all to hell. There's no real escaping a wide and constant optic blast. None of the batfamily has superhuman speed or reflexes to overcome Cyclops' ability to scan the room and blast them all.

I'm inclined to agree with this, really. Technically speaking, Cyclops could chop down a whole city if he really went for it.

-Pr-
if he can use wide blasts then he's going to wreck this team. just dunno if kris allowed that...

Rage.Of.Olympus
This new Super Cyclops Fraction is pushing has really stepped up (A little too much maybe. The entire bowing of Magneto? Lulz.).

Does Cyclops have official Superhuman durability? I mean some of the shit his stood up to has been pretty damn ridiculous. Like that Iron Patriot fight. I'm pretty sure Norman wasn't holding back his punches much if at all, and Scott was tanking everything.

Anyways onto the fight. The Bat Family aren't winning this fight if Cyclops doesn't want them to win it.

He isn't as much of a pussy anymore, so I say he wins more often than not.

Eternal Idol
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Cyclops has never been a pussy. The animated series has brainwashed you into believing so.

-Pr-
This new Super Cyclops Fraction is pushing has really stepped up (A little too much maybe. The entire bowing of Magneto? Lulz.).

Does Cyclops have official Superhuman durability? I mean some of the shit his stood up to has been pretty damn ridiculous. Like that Iron Patriot fight. I'm pretty sure Norman wasn't holding back his punches much if at all, and Scott was tanking everything.

Anyways onto the fight. The Bat Family aren't winning this fight if Cyclops doesn't want them to win it.

he's been tanking stuff for a while now.

and idol is right. cyclops was never a pussy.

psycho gundam
Cyclops has never been a pussy. The animated series has brainwashed you into believing so. he wasn't a pussy in that either, remember him anytime in the proximity of sinister? the skull mesa incident where he took on a town of evil mutants without powers and ended up freeing the town? never stepping down from logan's bullshit, even when the later called him out over "leaving" beast and morph?

cyclops is an o.g. with a cannon for a face. he has to hold back alllll the time.

-Pr-
Originally posted by psycho gundam
he wasn't a pussy in that either, remember him anytime in the proximity of sinister? the skull mesa incident where he took on a town of evil mutants without powers and ended up freeing the town? never stepping down from logan's bullshit, even when the later called him out over "leaving" beast and morph?

cyclops is an o.g. with a cannon for a face. he has to hold back alllll the time.

maybe he meant evolution?

psycho gundam
then he'd be correct.

from what little i've seen of the newer one, he's back to being a badass, he shoots more than he talks.

-Pr-
then he'd be correct.

from what little i've seen of the newer one, he's back to being a badass, he shoots more than he talks.

which is nice. still don't get why he hasn't been given leadership of the team, though. people can say it's because of jean's death, but its part of his character to put personal shit aside and just get on with the job...

psycho gundam
the name of the show is a good guess to me.

-Pr-
the name of the show is a good guess to me.

laughing out loud aye. damn money grabbing so and so's...

psycho gundam
the wolverine in the current series and evolution isn't the "real" wolverine, he's some mixture of hugh jackman and batman from "the batman"...i guess. totally out of character and boring to watch.

rename the show and put cyclops in his rightful place

-Pr-
the wolverine in the current series and evolution isn't the "real" wolverine, he's some mixture of hugh jackman and batman from "the batman"...i guess. totally out of character and boring to watch.

rename the show and put cyclops in his rightful place

from what i've seen of the show, i agree.

if only...

Placidity
If obviously a show that just jacks off to Wolverine. Has been that way in movies and comics since Wolverine gained mainstream popularity in X-men if not X-men 2.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by -Pr-
he's been tanking stuff for a while now.

and idol is right. cyclops was never a pussy.

Cyclops has never been a pussy. The animated series has brainwashed you into believing so.

I'd make up some bullshit dodge, but honestly that's my mistake. I don't know why I called him that. Some thing must have gotten to me. I literally forgot all the times his told Logan to shut the **** up, and all this other shit. Hell, I even forgot the, "Get of My Lawn" badassedry (It's a new word.).

no expression

Lack of sleep maybe?

-Pr-
I'd make up some bullshit dodge, but honestly that's my mistake. I don't know why I called him that. Some thing must have gotten to me. I literally forgot all the times his told Logan to shut the **** up, and all this other shit. Hell, I even forgot the, "Get of My Lawn" badassedry.

no expression

Lack of sleep maybe?

uhuh

psycho gundam
pr should say "get of my forum" and replace your screen name with a link to the panel of the scorch mark that used to be a sentinel.

Rage.Of.Olympus
uhuh

You'll be crying yourself to sleep when Magneto kicks Scotty boy off his island and takes his rightful spot as the mutant savior.

psycho gundam
magneto on his knees at cyclops' feet is etched in our minds though, not sure what it would take to make up for that.

Rage.Of.Olympus
It's all part of his master plan. Seriously, he'd have to have an agenda, or Fraction is just seriously pissing on Magneto as a character and his history in order to push his Super Cyclops.

I'd hope for the latter, but then I realize it's fraction, and I lose hope.

-Pr-
pr should say "get of my forum" and replace your screen name with a link to the panel of the scorch mark that used to be a sentinel.

laughing out loud

You'll be crying yourself to sleep when Magneto kicks Scotty boy off his island and takes his rightful spot as the mutant savior.

it's matt fraction, so it doesn't count.

Rage.Of.Olympus
laughing out loud

Reported.

it's matt fraction, so it doesn't count.

Damn it Raoul, you were supposed to make a comment about how great Cyclops was. And I was going to reply with some witty remark, like "Talk to me, when we have a Cyclops was right T-Shirt.".

facepalm

-Pr-
Reported.

Damn it Raoul, you were supposed to make a comment about how great Cyclops was. And I was going to reply with some witty remark, like "Talk to me, when we have a Cyclops was right T-Shirt.".

facepalm

Fraction can't write Cyclops personality wise. At all. He forgets that there's 50 years of character development invested in the guy, not just the fact that he's a great strategist.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Fraction can't write Cyclops personality wise. At all. He forgets that there's 50 years of character development invested in the guy, not just the fact that he's a great strategist.

Fraction's Thor's Man of War mini was a really fun read in my opinion.

His Secret Invasion mini was also good, and written rather well surprisingly. He just has to lay off the hyperbole somewhat. He tried to make it too dramatic, but it was good from a story perspective.

What was unforgivable though, was how he had the Skrulls mutilate Stormbreaker. And he kind of pissed on Bill but the different between Bill and Thor was made pretty clear so I'll let it slide. If he worked on some of that shit, the story would have been great.

He handles Thor pretty well story wise in my opinion.

-Pr-
Fraction's Thor mini was really good in my opinion.

His Secret Invasion mini was also good, and written rather well surprisingly. Impressively well. He just has to lay off the hyperbole somewhat. He tried to make it too dramatic, but it was good from a story perspective.

What was unforgivable though, was how he had the Skrulls mutilate Stormbreaker. And he kind of pissed on Bill but the different between Bill and Thor was made pretty clear so I'll let it slide. If he worked on some of that shit, the story would have been great.

He handles Thor pretty well story wise in my opinion.

he wrote the thor secret invasion book? t'was all right, i guess...

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yup. He did. Some of his better work, looking at the X-men in my opinion.

-Pr-
Yup. He did. Some of his better work, looking at the X-men in my opinion.

laughing out loud, aye.

i miss brubaker and whedon.

Rage.Of.Olympus
laughing out loud, aye.

i miss brubaker and whedon.

It's bad characterization but at least you get to read Cyclops.

I only read Thor in a new comic every like 3 months at this point. Hell, the newest issue, where we see Thor for the first time in months, only had Thor for a page. A single damn page. We didn't see him again.

Edit: Forgot about that stupid annual.

psycho gundam
yeah, the lack of thor these days is pretty annoying.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yea it is. Shit, we barely see any Thor at this point.

At least we have the Siege event coming up. Bendis better not screw this shit up.

I heard that Bendis said something along the lines Thor would be getting it from Ares and Sentry. I even heard some people saying Ares will be taking it to Thor? If that happens, Bendis is going to burn. Thor's one shotted Ares before. I mean seriously. Ares?

Anyways, I won't judge until I read the arc. Bendis always rights Thor with a lot of respect surprisingly. Crap,pparently in the recent Spider-Woman comic, according to S.W.O.R.D, when Thor entered the fight, different Super Skrulls went up and running.

-Pr-
It's bad characterization but at least you get to read Cyclops.

I only read Thor in a new comic every like 3 months at this point. Hell, the newest issue, where we see Thor for the first time in months, only had Thor for a page. A single damn page. We didn't see him again.

Edit: Forgot about that stupid annual.

i went through the same thing with astonishing. i hated that too.

and honestly, i dunno if i'd honestly want them to just do away with cyclops rather than ruin him the way they've been doing...

Kris Blaze
Looks like Paul lost.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.