Martin Riggs

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BruceSkywalker
One of the best movie cops I have seen

Rogue Jedi
The best, no question. No other cop kicks ass like Riggs.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
The best, no question. No other cop kicks ass like Riggs...apart from McClane

cool

Rogue Jedi
Lets say even k?

XanatosForever
No bashing characters in their own respect threads.

Rogue Jedi
I gotta rethink this whole Riggs/McClane thing. I am still of the opinion that Riggs owns McClane with guns, nothing ever changed there.

H2H? Well, I was in favor of Riggs, then McClane, but I just watched Lethal Weapon 2 and 3. Riggs is a BEAST, man.

I'll get back to you on it.

Sadako of Girth
Flip-flopper...!

McClane pwns Riggs..

But respect to Riggs anyways for being in another great Xmas action movie.

Rogue Jedi
haermm Not flip flopping, just reconsidering it, the h2h part anyway. Nothing wrong with that.

Rogue Jedi
Yup, it's Riggs.

AHZshZ3Lq6k

Death by surfboard smokin'

Attack Riggs while he's shaggin' some honey in his trailer? See what happens:

hzh7RbH6c1o big grin

Like I said, NO other cop kicks ass like Riggs.

Rogue Jedi
Riggs at his best:

GCO4PAYi8L0

Sadako of Girth
Worthy of respect, yet still not 'McClane standard'.

Rogue Jedi
And heeeeeeeeeere we go!!!! Take it back to Mac's nutsac, no one wants to hear your mouth slobbing on Mac's cock here.

Sadako of Girth
Hang on a minute, Mr. "I spent 453,333,002 pages making sure Riggs' sphincter was adequately moistened with saliva in the McClane thread"....

I think that it was you who is the illogically loyal nuthugger round here.

Rogue Jedi
Nah. You know Mac is my favorite character out of the two. It's just that I don't live in a fantasy world like you do, pinball.

Sadako of Girth
Oh really? Well thats a relief to hear; 'cause you're 'reality' seems comprised of fantasies about Twilight vampires and Harry Potter Wizards which you seem to fantasize a lot about in this section..

Ive always argued from a POV of logic and reason as many others here do.
So i'll stay that my fact based little 'fantasy land' cheers. smile

Rogue Jedi
HP wizardry is on a whole different level than Jedi power. Any idiot who isn't blinded by HP hate can see this.

Twilight? That's DDM, not me.

Sadako of Girth
3LIB1G9R5XM

TLtm5018cv0

65wYkEy8EFs

Sadako of Girth
LceKh_NjDZU

Sadako of Girth
UrZFK985ZEA

ReAdKkM33JM

PZ5NwUrcSCo

bNVByi-1KRc

Rogue Jedi
Mhm, that Gibson is a hoot.

Sadako of Girth
aFTyty5Csew

Sadako of Girth
01LEsUcXXmw

Rogue Jedi
Youre kinda spamming/trolling/whatever.

Sadako of Girth
Nah I wasn't.

Rogue Jedi
mhm yes huh you are.

Sadako of Girth
Wasn't.

stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
WTF happened to him, man? He seemed so normal, then BAM.

Sadako of Girth
By the sound of it hes been like that with drink since the 80s, just took a while to surface publically, I guess.

Rogue Jedi
Maybe the brain cells finally went south, like all the way?

Sadako of Girth
Its looking that way.

A shame.

Rogue Jedi
Big shame, he still has the talent, Edge of Darkness was great.

Sadako of Girth
A lot of his stuff was great.

Maybe its a simple case that the act and the actor are two different things.

Sadako of Girth
t3jnCh3j768

gJOkRubHe0Y

The Nuul
Those rant and SP videos are about Mel and not Riggs.

Sadako of Girth
Yes It highlights the irony that in MVF debates Riggs has no female-combatting credits feats (something that came up when discussing the Ninja chick scenario).

At least we know from them what Riggs would look like should there be 'Lethal Weapon V'..

Rogue Jedi
Or we can just accept that Riggs fights opponents that are on a different level. Better.

Sadako of Girth
Sure. On days where you feel like 'accepting' that Black is white, and that the sky is multicoloured with spots, that Kennedy most likely wasn't murdered in a conspiracy and squares and that Star Trek Nemesis was better than Wrath Of Khan.

Rogue Jedi
Oh MAN you're a conspiracy theorist......

Sadako of Girth
Not per say.

Rogue Jedi
I shoulda seen that.

Sadako of Girth
It wasnt a bad movie. I think "Payback" was better though.

Rogue Jedi
Over your head.

Sadako of Girth
No. My refusal to dignify your point with a direct answer claarly went over yours though.

Rogue Jedi
You done? You should see someone about that superiority complex.

Sadako of Girth
That McClane is superior to Riggs? stick out tongue

Never. shifty

Sadako of Girth
n6XKpqQIpdQ

l77DUJnsN9M

Rogue Jedi
Loaded Weapon 1, nuff said,

Sadako of Girth
(Featuring McClane enduring the Beach/Trailer bit in a better fashion than Riggs..)

wink

Rogue Jedi
That was actually Emilio Estevez.

Sadako of Girth
DN6feERzbo8

You were saying?

Rogue Jedi
Ah, the cameo, my bad.

Sadako of Girth
yes

Rogue Jedi
Well, one things certain. We know now that Mac failed to match Riggs' trailer feat.

You had to see that coming haermm

Sadako of Girth
Well Riggs certainly FUBARED it. McClane wasnt captured, and no GFs got drowned. smile

Rogue Jedi
Shit, Riggs killed them all. Mac surrendered yes

Sadako of Girth
Wrong. Im afraid Riggs surrenders all the time.

Rogue Jedi
Not that time shifty

Sadako of Girth
Oh thats right, a couple guys overpowered the guy who you reckon cold kill entire towns full of people all crammed in a room with only his bare scrotum, and now he gets done by a couple of low quality stooges?

Is THAT what you're saying...? (IE finally admitting that Riggs wasnt as good as you thought)

Or did he surrender....?

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Oh thats right, a couple guys overpowered the guy who you reckon cold kill entire towns full of people all crammed in a room with only his bare scrotum, and now he gets done by a couple of low quality stooges?

Is THAT what you're saying...? (IE finally admitting that Riggs wasnt as good as you thought)

Or did he surrender....?

Aw, can't take it, can ya?

Rogue Jedi
FF to 4:45

Fm6z2QyOhp8&feature=related

Riggs is tortured, breaks Indo's neck with his legs, escapes, then enters the room UNARMED and kills 5 fully armed men.

Suck on that, *****.

Sadako of Girth
What matters is that HE couldnt. smile

Rogue Jedi

Riggs is tortured, breaks Indo's neck with his legs, escapes, then enters the room UNARMED and kills 5 fully armed men.

Suck on that, *****.

Sadako of Girth
Ahhhh so they overpowered him when he was armed like he was a girl, then, and murdered his GF after he refused to surrender..? Fair enough.

Rogue Jedi
Ahahahahaa the sweet smell of denial!!!!

Sadako of Girth
Nah thats Cumbledore's breakfast. smile

If your head continues up that magical hole any further, you will be able to see out of his mouth.

Rogue Jedi
Could Mac do what Riggs did in the vid?

Nope.

Next question.

Could Riggs do everything Mac did?

Yup.

Moving on.

Sadako of Girth
McClane would have done it better.

Yup. On we move.

Robtard
Could Mac do what Riggs did in the vid?

Nope.

Next question.

Could Riggs do everything Mac did?

Yup.

Moving on.

This is a loaded premise. McClane wouldn't have allowed himself to be captured in that scenario to begin with and letting women die isn't on the McMenu as a staple.

"Could Riggs do everything Mac did?" Hahahahaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaa

No, Riggs hasn't shown much skill im nigh-impossible feats like McClane has. Knocking a gunman out of a helicopter by running over a hydrant, lauching Crown Victorias as they were anti-air missiles etc. etc. etc. etc. to infinity.

Sadako of Girth
The Robtard unit's readouts are correct.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
This is a loaded premise. McClane wouldn't have allowed himself to be captured in that scenario to begin with and letting women die isn't on the McMenu as a staple.

"Could Riggs do everything Mac did?" Hahahahaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaa

No, Riggs hasn't shown much skill im nigh-impossible feats like McClane has. Knocking a gunman out of a helicopter by running over a hydrant, lauching Crown Victorias as they were anti-air missiles etc. etc. etc. etc. to infinity.

"Everything" meaning fighting feats. H2H and gunplay.

Sadako of Girth
H2H,
Gunplay,
Smarts,
Onscreen body counts,
ability to kill everyone without physical assistance by Partner shooting everyone the fighter cannot beat,
Luck,
Longevity,
Endurance/Damage Soak,
the essential ability to kill during a serious hangover,
Driving skills.
Inventiveness under pressure.
Ability to take the mental pressure of combat without cracking up
Ability to kill everyone yet still make its xmassy.
Ability to protect people youre with.

All pretty essential areas for LA cops in the eighties, im sure you'll agree..and they sum up the word "Everything" a bit more complete than just the two things you feel Riggs has the edge at.

Robtard
"Everything" meaning fighting feats. H2H and gunplay.

There's many an action star that can do your standard action-star fighting feats and gun-play, that's nothing special.

McClane has something that sets him apart (or arguably in a small group), Riggs doesn't, he's just your garden-variety action-cop with a buddy.

Sadako of Girth
hb_HdYQooc4

"But...Riggs knows kung fu..." wink

Robtard
This guy would tear Riggs apart quicker than Jet Li's character did.

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/8703/kfhb.jpg

He even has a better stance than Riggs.

Sadako of Girth
laughing out loud LOLZ

Sadako of Girth
Hark! The sleighbells..!!!

Xmi93OranpM

Rogue Jedi

Mac can't match this featno

Sadako of Girth
He wouldn't have to.....hes WAY harder to capture than Riggs is.
But McKilling rampages yield higher death tolls than Riggs' so back to the eggnog, for you RJ..... smile

Plus I could also remind you that Riggs wouldnt have made it through Die Hard, unless Murtaugh was there with him in the building to change Riggs' kecks.

Rogue Jedi
Good, so he can't match the feat.

Sadako of Girth
He could any old day.

And FYI, Riggs can NEVER match the McClane feat of surviving being in a motor home when it was shot to pieces by a thousand shots and then surviving being in a massive explosion when the propane tank went up like McClane did.

DN6feERzbo8

Riggs pussied out by escaping through a trap door, then getting captured....

Oh..or any of the Die Hard movies.... smile

Rogue Jedi
No. He couldn't match that feat. Nothing in any of the DH movies indicate he could.

Sadako of Girth
Except for the screenfeat shown, that I just cited, of course. smile

Rogue Jedi
K......So Mac couldn't do what Riggs did.

Sadako of Girth
Dude if that was McClane in that scene, he'd get the same result but in a more exciting way. smile And there would be awesome punctuating wisecracks too. yes

Rogue Jedi
Dude if that was McClane in that scene, he'd get the same result but in a more exciting way. smile And there would be awesome punctuating wisecracks too. yes He woulda got it done, but not with his bare hands.

Sadako of Girth
Maybe, maybe not. If there was nothing around to use in a trademark McClane dirty ambush, then McLuck and the McClane factor will see him through unarmed, like everytime we see him unarmed against an opponent.

You say that McClane cant have the same resistance feat in his main movies that he had in LoadedWeapon.... Yet you forget that Riggs wasnt in the same shape after LW1.

IE: You are attempting to judge Riggs only on his highest ever feat, and you wish to gimp all McClane's more powerful feats to create the illusion that Riggs didnt go to shit totally by LW3.

McClane is going on strong and will be in Die Hard 5 soon.

Rogue Jedi
No, just saying, they do things differently. Riggs can easily duplicate every Mac feat. Would he do everything the same as Mac? Nope, but the job would get done.

Sadako of Girth
Since he lacks McClane's luck, Ridiculous damage soak, stamina, intuitive cunning, driving skills and ability to win wars single handedly combatwise..
I'd have to say you're wrong.

Rogue Jedi
Riggs has enough damage soak to get the job done. The rest, well, McClane has to rely on that because he lacks Riggs' skill. Riggs doesn't need luck, he makes his own.

Sadako of Girth
McClane has skill too. But you need more than that to be able to walk in the McLoafers.

More Lethal-xmastuneage for ya. smile

BWXqmukiD3U

Xmi93OranpM

Rogue Jedi
Never said Mac has no skill, just that he has less skill than Riggs. They're two entirely different dudes.

Sadako of Girth
Giddy-up jingle horse, pick up your feet
Jingle around the clock
Mix and a-mingle in the jingling feet
That's the jingle bell,
That's the jingle bell,
That's the jingle bell rock.

Rogue Jedi
yes

Sadako of Girth
Man Riggs isnt really all that H2H, but he sure is good with that Sniper's rifle.

Rogue Jedi
FF to 6:35.

pzxDlCDW5aU&feature=related

Now you can stop talking.

Sadako of Girth
Apart form that neckbreak, (Which come have just as easily been a McHook to the throat) McClane would have EASILY been able to do that. The did better and harder feats in the lift scene in Die Hard 3 with less room to maneuver, and against guys who reacted quicker....!!!!!!!

So it is YOU who will stop talking, I think. smile

You post the vid hoping to decry my claim, but you end up providing proof for it instead. LOLZ RJ, LOLZ

Rogue Jedi
No, he couldn't have done that. McClane would have had to use an SUV or some shit, not his bare hands.

Show a scene that backs what you are saying.

Sadako of Girth
I dont have to. The elevator scene in DH3 amounts to more killing in a more of a confined space and does armed with the same amount of weaponry.

Your trump card lies in ruin.

Riggs really wasnt all that you say he is H2Hwise, judging by LW1 feats..

McClane was more effective against Joshua's many equivalents in all the DH movies, and did it all by himself.

Robtard
FF to 6:35.

Now you can stop talking.

So he killed some men with a hands and bullets?

McClane check and check. DH 1-4

Rogue Jedi
I dont have to. The elevator scene in DH3 amounts to more killing in a more of a confined space and does armed with the same amount of weaponry.

Your trump card lies in ruin.

Riggs really wasnt all that you say he is H2Hwise, judging by LW1 feats..

McClane was more effective against Joshua's many equivalents in all the DH movies, and did it all by himself.

Riggs entered the room UNARMED, killed with his bare hands, used the others weapons (all 5 of them) on them. All this after being tortured near death.

Name one Mac scene that trumps that.

Sadako of Girth
No. Youre wrong. He was armed with a corpse.

And McExploding a plane full of Fort Brag marines with only a Zippo,
and the de-helicoptering of the sky with a crown victoria because he was and I quote "Out of bullets" were more impressive unarmed feats.

Rogue Jedi
Not H2H combat feats haermm

Nice try though.

This is a Riggs respect thread. You wanna compare the two, do it in the appropriate thread.

Sadako of Girth
Okay, but my point still stands.

Respect to the Mullet.

Rogue Jedi
Do the right thing, Violator.

Sadako of Girth
I already have, Wizard violator. smile

Rogue Jedi
No, watch Hot Tub Time Machine.

Sadako of Girth
Ah. Havent seen it yet. Heard its funny.

Rogue Jedi
What I said is a line from the movie.

Sadako of Girth
Yep I surmised that, after you mentioned the movies name.

Ive been meaning to check it out.

Rogue Jedi
Back in the 80's, what a nightmare.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.