S04E06 - Tabula Rasa

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

S_D_J
Official Episode Preview

Under Samuel's guidance, Sylar starts on a path to rediscover his true identity. Hiro helps Emma accept and understand the great possibilities that go along with having an ability. Meanwhile, Peter enlists HRG to help him find a healer who can save Hiro's life.

Tabula Rasa Preview

wEcldRSzPIY

Discuss...

S_D_J
I really don't want Sylar back so soon. I can't see how could Samuel possibly control him. It'd be like Danko all over again.

I hope I'm wrong

Quincy
I like the part in this episode where Jack finds out that Kate was the fugitive from the plane. The end is also SWEET when Locke is sitting there at the beach looking all mysterious.

saintsaucey
My favorite part was where Randy Giles and Rupert Giles think they are father and son. Why not just call me Horny Giles or Desperate For A Shag Giles.

S_D_J
Originally posted by Quincy
I like the part in this episode where Jack finds out that Kate was the fugitive from the plane. The end is also SWEET when Locke is sitting there at the beach looking all mysterious.

drylaugh

you just had to do it, didn't you?

Quincy
Originally posted by S_D_J
drylaugh

you just had to do it, didn't you?

YOU KNOW! stoned

REXXXX
ANYWAY...

Not sure how Samuel intends to keep Sylar under his wing; Sylar could easily overpower him and will probably go 'Oh look, a powerful brain fest' once he sees the carnival freaks.

S_D_J
that's what worries me. Unless Samuel gives him a different background, another story, like Matt did... but it's still Sylar, so the Hunger is bound to surface.

or they could finally kill off Sylar

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by REXXXX
ANYWAY...

Not sure how Samuel intends to keep Sylar under his wing; Sylar could easily overpower him and will probably go 'Oh look, a powerful brain fest' once he sees the carnival freaks.

This 'Sylar' isn't even in touch with his powers yet. Matt's work has worn off, but the bulk of Sylar's psyche is missing (in Matt?). For all intents and purposes, Gabriel is actually a tabula rasa.

It's possible we could have an entirely different character, at least until Sylar in Matt is 'reunited' with his body.

The Nuul
Not bad EP but still boring.

BruceSkywalker
decent episode

starlock
I dont like this season so far....too much nonsense and running around in circles..with the characters....how many more episodes do we need about Sylar and his mental issues..now we will go back to Matt with Sylar in his head...Ugghh!..now i just happen to dislike Sylars characters...but its the same across the board.....i find i was getting to like the deaf lady...now i want to strangle her!.....Hiro is starting to annoy me...i dont see the good things about the show anymore....i just roll my eyes at most of it.

Darth Vicious
If real Sylar ever gets back together, the Carnies are gonna get a rude awakening. Sylar is gonna feel he's in a buffet. Nothing really stood out in this episode. Why couldnt Hiro wait for Peter to heal him?

The Nuul
I have always been annoyed with Hiro since after season 1. Dont like Claire and Peter either.

Noah and Angela are by fathe the best characters, Matt goes up and down but hes still boring.

I just want some good kick ass action, ENOUGH with the dragging out plots already. They always wait till the end for action while the rest of the season sucked.

Tim seems to not get that right.

saintsaucey
So Peter can still only get one power at a time. Otherwise he wouldn't have needed to get a plane home.

The Nuul
Yes, but heee did touch that girl after he got his healing power....I wonder if he lost his healing power. I will watch that for next EP to see if they catched it.

Darth Vicious
Hmmmmm If Peter gains powers by just touching someone and the healer needs to touch someone to heal them, Does that mean that Peter cant heal anybody with powers?

starlock
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
Hmmmmm If Peter gains powers by just touching someone and the healer needs to touch someone to heal them, Does that mean that Peter cant heal anybody with powers?

Well.....first.... Peter does not understand whats happened to him(when he first got a power from the injection)....so by accident..he gets powers by touching someone......then they made it seem like he had it under control....he was touching lots of people with powers and there were no power transfers( unless he wants there to be one)...then to move the plot along...they have peter get a power by accident......now they will have to throw that out the window......because he will need to touch someone with powers to heal them.....i get the feeling they will kill hiro off......so peter will probably never get the chance...nice way to avoid the issue.....i did like the bull*** reason why claires blood would not work....where was this reasoning when Nathan was dying?

REXXXX
Hiro didn't wait for Peter because he can't control his powers because of the brain tumor, is what I understood. And Peter could probably heal someone, yes.

Nathan didn't have tumors, he had severe burns. I like that they at least addressed why her blood wouldn't work. I would be more upset if they didn't say anything at all.

People are way too critical...

Darth Vicious
Hiro didn't wait for Peter because he can't control his powers because of the brain tumor, is what I understood. And Peter could probably heal someone, yes.

I dont think so. He did so on purpose. Why leave a note then? Besides, I think 2 episodes ago he want abck in time numerous time to try and help save the printer guy. So he must have some sort of control.

Vera21
It seems like Hiro has control over it but there are some times where it just slips. It didn't seem like he was trying to teleport when he vanished out of there. And he scribbled down 'Charlie' on the paper earlier in the episode, as a reminder to add to his list.

S_D_J
Originally posted by starlock
I dont like this season so far....too much nonsense and running around in circles..with the characters....how many more episodes do we need about Sylar and his mental issues..now we will go back to Matt with Sylar in his head...Ugghh!..now i just happen to dislike Sylars characters...but its the same across the board.....i find i was getting to like the deaf lady...now i want to strangle her!.....Hiro is starting to annoy me...i dont see the good things about the show anymore....i just roll my eyes at most of it.

Dude, I don't mean to sound like a prick, but, why do you keep watching at all?

If the show hasn't gotten better by now, I doubt it ever will

The flip-flopping, out of characters decisions, non-existent character development and plain overlook at continuity and established facts was what killed the show last few seasons.

most of these problems seem to be being mended. The explanation of Claire's blood was a good one, not perfect though makes sense, but at least they adressed it, unlike last season finale, which I totally hated. It could be said they forgot about Claire, and they were desperate to do what they did, but it still happened and I hate it, but at least now they are not forgetting about it

I'm still not so clear on how Peters powers work, but it seems he can only retain one power at a time. I like that. I'm willing to forget everything that happened after Villains, but I like they're keeping it simple and constant. He getting the healing power and not able to use it remains to be seen, but it is unexpected. Wonder what he'll do now, look desperatly for Hiro or what

I dont think so. He did so on purpose. Why leave a note then? Besides, I think 2 episodes ago he want abck in time numerous time to try and help save the printer guy. So he must have some sort of control.

he didn't left the note. He wrote it down when he remember Charlie (he ask Emma for something to write down). He's not in total control of his powers. he didn't know he teleported to Peter. He was surprised to be next to Charlie again. He does have control when he wants to do things on purpose, but sometimes it backfires, or it just happens.

now everybody saying they are dragging it... well yes, they are, but at least it is consistent, funny and interesting, unlike the crap last season, filled with blah blah, never getting anywhere, and people doing whatever they felt like even though it contradicted anything they did before (Leaving Matt strapped to a bomb in DC, and it magically will make anyone with powers to be a terrorist, thumb up yep great thinking!)

Everyone holds Season 1 as the holy grail, has anyone re-watched it recently?

yep, mystery around the baddie with the glasses, who wasn't really a baddie but worked for a mysterious company trying to catch the other face-less baddie who kept jumping and disappearing instead of brawling it out,..
A japanese nerd going about a roadtrip across USA who, had a little, but amazingly beautiful, detour with a waitress
An Indian doctor trying to figure out what happened to his father, befriended a girl who actually betrayed him..several episodes later
A politician trying to win an election (something that happened almost before the season ended)... who just so happened to fly, though nobady really cared.
...And a very gullible boy trying to save the cheerleader, save the world, and then trying to figure out whether he was the bomb or not... the very bomb that started the whole mistery on episode 1

.... yep, it was full of action and mindblowing FX's, wasn't it?, unlike the current season... Am I rite? 131

REXXXX
Indeed. Heroes has always been about character interaction and development. Season 3 was particularly bad with it, but it has always been there and is still there. Season 1 was just fresh to overone; Season 2 never finished its full run; Season 3 was a mish-mash of ideas that they wanted to get out of the way; Season 4 is what we have now.

Quincy
They explained Claire's blood not working? What was the reason?

Everyone holds Season 1 as the holy grail, has anyone re-watched it recently?

yep, mystery around the baddie with the glasses, who wasn't really a baddie but worked for a mysterious company trying to catch the other face-less baddie who kept jumping and disappearing instead of brawling it out,..
A japanese nerd going about a roadtrip across USA who, had a little, but amazingly beautiful, detour with a waitress
An Indian doctor trying to figure out what happened to his father, befriended a girl who actually betrayed him..several episodes later
A politician trying to win an election (something that happened almost before the season ended)... who just so happened to fly, though nobady really cared.
...And a very gullible boy trying to save the cheerleader, save the world, and then trying to figure out whether he was the bomb or not... the very bomb that started the whole mistery on episode 1

.... yep, it was full of action and mindblowing FX's, wasn't it?, unlike the current season... Am I rite? 131

Wait, are you jabbing at fans who like the first season, but none of the following? I mean, seriously comparing Season 1 quality to the rest of the show? Dude come on erm

starlock
Dude, I don't mean to sound like a prick, but, why do you keep watching at all?

If the show hasn't gotten better by now, I doubt it ever will

ok i will explain .....

I am a N.Y Yankee fan since 1975 about the same time i got into comics and such......i love the yankees...even when they suck.... i will watch them...i will complain when thier pitching is bad, or thier hitting, i will complain when i see things i dont like...etc.....

I loved heroes and its genre...i think its better then 90% of the crap thats on tv.....but its still a bad show right now.....i loved season one.. and i see the potential to have on tv somethinmg very close to me...super heroes/powers etc.....my friends who have played D&D.Marvel.Star wars etc ...roleplaying systems with me for over 18 years.....they come over hoping to see the same thing.....so we watch and critique and we watch and critique.....

I want the show to be a success, i want the show to be good, i want to see things on the show that make me happy, i want it to be enjoyable to me.....because i love the premise i like the actors, i like what the show stands for...its the execution of the show i am not happy with, i only watch tv now for 2 shows...Fringe and Heroes....thats it...i have a friend who downloads ...Seeker and Burn notice...and i like those shows also....i have watched enough Lost..to know... to me... it sucks! and i dont like it...but i have never posted in the thread for it...i dont care about it, the same with many shows i have given time to, i care about Heroes and i will probably watch it till its cancelled.....or my friends stop coming over to watch it...i have skipped an episode or 2 for a good book, but i always watch it online or a download to see if it captures my interest and becomes what i would want from the show...i know its mostly taste..some people are going to like it some dont...but i have never felt the need to ask someone why they watch a show they complain about.....is there really a need to?.....so there it is wink

S_D_J
They explained Claire's blood not working? What was the reason?

they didn't explain why they didn't use it last season finale, but this time around they couldn't use it to heal Hiro because "the tumor is living tissue and will only make it grow" erm ... not all that great of an explanation, but at least is an excuse to not go the obvious way and use Claire for fixing anyone (I still don't like the Adam/Claire blood thing, it causes more troubles than what is worth, damn season 2)

Wait, are you jabbing at fans who like the first season, but none of the following? I mean, seriously comparing Season 1 quality to the rest of the show? Dude come on erm

not exactly. It's just that somehow there's this conception of the show being an action oriented show, which doesn't dangle too much with character development or even build up to any given situation... and that clearly is not the case.
there's never been that much action in the show. To expect it from Heroes is to expect something else, since the show has always shied away from it (whether they choke it up to budget or the director/producers inability to do it, I don't care). If I wanted action every episode I'd watch Smallville.

I was just reminding people about how the show worked during the first season, dragging out plotlines (though well-written in most cases, and interesting) spending time with characters to make them into who they were (talking only about during 1st season) and even a few memorable characters that just when away but still made an impact (Charlie?), heck, even Simone who didn't do much but she was still there.

I'm not comparing the quality, season 3 was utter crap for most of it, but really, what was so great about the first season?

the current season at least has good writing and steady pace, and an arc that still is a mystery (one that I hope pays off in the end) while managing to write in good and interesting new characters...while juggling the others (at least Hiro was written in a mature way, while keeping his childlike persona in this episode... albeit of being somewhat helpful) that sounds pretty much like season 1 did and I'm liking it

btw: everyone is free to like whatever they want.

@starlock: fair enough... just about anyshow is better than reality crap

REXXXX
Seriously, reality has no place in television. Blah.

I think I'm in agreement with execution. I'm not a very critical person anyway, but what we're getting now is an improvement on some of Season 3's silly plots and aimless twists, and I'm fine with that.

dadudemon
If real Sylar ever gets back together, the Carnies are gonna get a rude awakening. Sylar is gonna feel he's in a buffet. Nothing really stood out in this episode. Why couldnt Hiro wait for Peter to heal him?

I know this has been explained before, but here's a more condensed version:

Hiro didn't jump on purpose. If you watched closely, he just vanished mid stride. He as also shocked when he arrived. Hiro's powers are going wack-booty, as of late: no doubt due to the tumor.

Seriously, reality has no place in television. Blah.

This is truth. If I wanted reality when I watched TV, I turn the news on or watch a discovery/history channel. Other than that, reality has it's place: in reality and not on my damn TV. no expression

Mairuzu
This episode wasn't that bad at all except for the healer kid.

Couldn't act worth a shit. Good episode overall.

REXXXX
Considering I recognized him from Sex Drive as one of the 'What's up, wanna party?' kids, not surprising.

S_D_J
Originally posted by Mairuzu
This episode wasn't that bad at all except for the healer kid.

Couldn't act worth a shit. Good episode overall.

yep erm

Considering I recognized him from Sex Drive as one of the 'What's up, wanna party?' kids, not surprising.

that was him! I knew I've seen him before I just couldn't remember where.

Mairuzu
Considering I recognized him from Sex Drive as one of the 'What's up, wanna party?' kids, not surprising. crylaugh

I thought i was the only one to recognize that

S_D_J
Randy: So where's Felicia?
Andy: Fel-ate-cha. Yeah.
Ian: She's in...
Andy: Fe-lay-cha! You banging her?
Ian: We're just friends.
Randy: I'm uncircumcised.
Girl: F*ck off!
Randy: Wait, I thought you took her to prom?
Ian: Yeah, but it was a just-friends kinda thing.
Randy: You should bang her. We would.
Andy: Dude, we would bang her so hard.
Randy: Tell her we'll bang her for you if you're not into it!
Andy: Yeah. Hard.
Randy: With our d*cks!
Andy: Yeah, our d*cks are huge!
Randy: You can see them from space!

great dialogue thumb up

Mairuzu
crylaugh crylaugh

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.