Which power/tragedy do YOU go with?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kris Blaze
So here's the deal. You get to choose one character's powers from the comics, but you also have to suffer their tragedies, regardless of what happens. In example, Mr.Immortal's powers, but you also get that drawback. Wolverine's powers and all your women die, plus you're forced to appear in a gazillion books. So on.

willRules
Well the story isn't exciting if the tragic element isn't strong enough, especially for the superhero genre....is there a power that's worth the cost?

Blanket
I'd go with Superman's.

Everyone's dead, but I don't remember it.

-Pr-
Cyclops.

roughrider
Silver Surfer.
The cost is worth it.

Kris Blaze
Post the tragedy or fate.

It's not often as obvious as Cyclops' case, dating the universe's biggest whore.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Post the tragedy or fate.

It's not often as obvious as Cyclops' case, dating the universe's biggest whore.

you're just angry because she's above the age of consent.

KingD19
Maybe Hulk, I'm constantly hounded by the gov't, my every woman I've ever been with is dead, I have 1 son who wants to kill me, 1 I don't know about(no child support at least), I have 1 family member who cares about me, my cousin who I infected with radiation poisoning, but is now a super powered lawyer. Also, my only friend is a guy who turns into a more powerful clone of my dead nemesis.

Or I could do the Colossus route, the love of my life is lost, maybe forever, my family is dead except for my sister, while my brother is trapped in another dimension. And I can never unlock my true power because my siblings and son(Peter Jr.) I don't know about would have to be dead first, because my grandpa, the mad Russian Grigori Rasputin made it that way.

Bouboumaster
Thor: Badass god with no tragedy, just kicking asses in a couple of milleniums.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Thor: Badass god with no tragedy, just kicking asses in a couple of milleniums.
Killing his Grandfather? Betrayed by his people? Evil Brother bent on killing you?

Martian_mind
Sodam Yat

oh teh noes, my alien pal is dead,but i have the power of a god to make up for it.

xJLxKing
Superman
Yeah, he lost a planet he never lived on, and the people, but now he got the heart of his home planet back alive. He is an icon all over the universe.

The Nuul
What! no one is going to pick Hank Pym and his draw backs?

The Nuul
I pick Power Girl, have those big ass titts must take a lot of work.

Yes, I would be a chick if its the right one.

Badabing
Originally posted by The Nuul
I pick Power Girl, have those big ass titts must take a lot of work.

Yes, I would be a chick if its the right one. No, you actually ARE a chick...noob.

wtfawe

biscuits

-Pr-
What! no one is going to pick Hank Pym and his draw backs?

what drawbacks? his wife is dead, but bar that...

Originally posted by Badabing
No, you actually ARE a chick...noob.

wtfawe

biscuits

laughing out loud

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Killing his Grandfather? Betrayed by his people? Evil Brother bent on killing you?

I would kill my half brother, kill my granpa who tried to attack me and bang Earth chixx while giving the middle finger to my people.

And I would get drunk all days with Hercules.

The Nuul
Originally posted by -Pr-
what drawbacks? his wife is dead, but bar that...

laughing out loud

Talking about the wife beater part.

-Pr-
Talking about the wife beater part.

he hit her once, and he was having a nervous breakdown at the time. he's no more a wife beater than peter parker or reed richards.

HueyFreeman
he hit her once, and he was having a nervous breakdown at the time. he's no more a wife beater than peter parker or reed richards. Peters was by accident( he didn't know it was her) and Sue was under a spell at the time. Also note that both were relatively fine with no scars afterward but Wasp looked like a crack whore that just got beaten by her pimp.

Juggernaut seems like an ok choice (just gotta hope I dont go crazy from being buried in cement for so long)

-Pr-
Originally posted by HueyFreeman
Peters was by accident( he didn't know it was her) and Sue was under a spell at the time. Also note that both were relatively fine with no scars afterward but Wasp looked like a crack whore that just got beaten by her pimp.

Juggernaut seems like an ok choice (just gotta hope I dont go crazy from being buried in cement for so long)

if janet looked bad afterwards, that doesn't change the fact that hank was normal sized, and iirc, backhanded her. he's not exactly mike tyson.

Cartesian Doubt
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Superman
Yeah, he lost a planet he never lived on, and the people, but now he got the heart of his home planet back alive. He is an icon all over the universe.

Dad died recently, recently adopted son has disappeared, closest peer died recently, other peer died before that, has most intelligent person on the planet is hell bent on your death ... good times. roll eyes (sarcastic)

steverules_2
Superboy

Warlord
Daredevil. Everyone dies, eyesight lost, and all you get is a radar...

hmmmm now I think of it I don't think so

Juntai
Originally posted by Cartesian Doubt
Dad died recently, recently adopted son has disappeared, closest peer died recently, other peer died before that, has most intelligent person on the planet is hell bent on your death ... good times. roll eyes (sarcastic) Lots of friends have died.
He died once in fact.
He also took the scarring Emperor Joker did from Batman's mind into his own, because it would shatter a lesser man.
Most of his childhood and adult friends turned on him in one persona or the other, from Professor Hamilton, to Lex Luthor, even Lana did a bit back, Pete Ross.

Kero_Co
Vril Dox

Cartesian Doubt
Originally posted by Juntai

He also took the scarring Emperor Joker did from Batman's mind into his own, because it would shatter a lesser man.

Im pretty sure Jordan-Spectre sent all Batman's emperor Joker mental torture back into the Joker ????

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Cartesian Doubt
Dad died recently, recently adopted son has disappeared, closest peer died recently, other peer died before that, has most intelligent person on the planet is hell bent on your death ... good times. roll eyes (sarcastic)
I didn't think this through did I? confused

Kris Blaze
I choose Guy Gardner.

No drawbacks.

-Pr-
I choose Guy Gardner.

No drawbacks.

except that haircut.

Kris Blaze
except that haircut.

Like I said, no drawbacks.

HueyFreeman
if janet looked bad afterwards, that doesn't change the fact that hank was normal sized, and iirc, backhanded her. he's not exactly mike tyson. Your right, hes not Mike Tyson. Robin Givens never looked like that stick out tongue

scifinut
the thing

ugly as shit, the few relationships he's had have ended because of his own insecurities about his looks or supervillian threats, constant pranks from johnny and the yancy street gang and can never beat the hulk without a powerup.

-Pr-
Like I said, no drawbacks.

norweigan fashion sense = no

Your right, hes not Mike Tyson. Robin Givens never looked like that stick out tongue

laughing out loud

she was hot in boomerang.

Endless Mike
Mad Jim Jaspers. My tragedy is that I'm insane, but if I'm insane, I won't mind

The Pict
Spiderman.

Drawback is the Bugle writes lies about me. However I'm cool as **** so I don't care.

Entity
Dr. Manhattan!

I'm an omnipresent god and my only problems are I'm loosing touch with humanity because they are insignificant to me, its pissing my girlfriend off and it probably hurt getting ripped apart down to my molecules!

On the bright side it'd be pretty cool to be dark neon blue! eek!

dmills
Peters was by accident( he didn't know it was her) and Sue was under a spell at the time. Also note that both were relatively fine with no scars afterward but Wasp looked like a crack whore that just got beaten by her pimp.

Juggernaut seems like an ok choice (just gotta hope I dont go crazy from being buried in cement for so long) His tragedy is being exceptionally stupid.

Original Smurph
Zauriel, for sure

willRules
Definitely agree with Zauriel, he even harks back to concepts like falling from Grace and attractions to a prelapsarian state that is often found from classical texts like Milton's Paradise Lost.

krisblaze
Cyclops.

predictable yo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.