Episode 26 - Senate Spy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ordo
Who's excited for relationship TENSION?!?

Hybris
excuse me ? embarrasment

Ordo
You're excused smile

REXXXX
Yay relationship tension!

-Pr-
ani and padme? wouldnt they have to have a believable relationship for them to have believable tension?

Ordo
You'd think. However, maybe they will use expositional dialogue like they did in ROTS just to let the audience know that the tension is there?

Example:

"I'm so mad at you"

"No, I'm SO mad at you."

"No, I was mad at YOU first."

"So madness has blinded you?"

-Pr-
Originally posted by Ordo
You'd think. However, maybe they will use expositional dialogue like they did in ROTS just to let the audience know that the tension is there?

Example:

"I'm so mad at you"

"No, I'm SO mad at you."

"No, I was mad at YOU first."

laughing out loud

funnily enough, i actually like the guy who does anakin's voice in CW. and i hate anakin.

Ordo
Then apparently he does a poor job of duplicating the movie character lol.

-Pr-
Then apparently he does a poor job of duplicating the movie character lol.

he's just not as whiney.

far as the episode goes, i kind of liked it. the early romantic scenes were, well, weird, but bar that, it wasn't bad.

nothing makes you root for a guy more than seeing another man try to steal his woman...

Ordo
let alone one whose face looks like an iron..

Peach
I like Anakin so much better in TCW than in the actual movies, I think. Same basic character and personality, it's just portrayed better.

"What happened to your military transport?" "It...blew up." Awesome.

Ordo
Hehe. I loved that line too.

Peach
I burst out laughing at it. It was unexpected, pretty much out of nowhere...and perfect.

-Pr-
let alone one whose face looks like an iron..

that too.

Originally posted by Peach
I like Anakin so much better in TCW than in the actual movies, I think. Same basic character and personality, it's just portrayed better.

"What happened to your military transport?" "It...blew up." Awesome.

aye. sense of humour ftw.

Dark Exile

laughing out loud laughing out loud

DarthLazious
Out of all the Clone Wars episodes this would be my only favorite.

REXXXX
Why this one?

-Pr-
My favourite is still the Ryloth one with Obi-Wan and the two clones finding the little girl. That or the Mace Windu one where they attack the city.

Hybris

Ordo
Since when has Anakin followed the Jedi way? Thats his entire problem.

REXXXX
And when he does adhere to it, it is only when it really suits his needs.

Ordo, I want a review, dammit.

-Pr-

Ordo
Originally posted by REXXXX
And when he does adhere to it, it is only when it really suits his needs.

Ordo, I want a review, dammit.

Its not gonna happen until next week. I still have to do Children (now) and I have a ***** of an exam on Monday.

ares834
Consider this:

In AOTC, Padme falls out of the ship and Anakin nearly abandons his duty to go after her. To straighten him out, all it takes from Obi-Wan is a scolding. He puts his focus back on the mission, even though Padme might be getting killed at that exact moment.

Move forward to ROTS, and obviously things have changed. No longer does duty in any way take precedence over her.

So, what happened in between?

We saw it in this episode. We see one of the key precipitating factors in Anakin becoming Darth Vader: Padme telling him to.

Her reaction to him in this episode when he has to break away from her for a little bit was quite telling. She is angry and emotionally punishes him... throwing his duty back in his face.

The ***** basically demands that he ultimately acts the way he does. It's not like his ROTS personna is out of character. Killing the younglings? Not the first time he massacred men, women, and children.... and she knew all about it, all along.

In this episode she makes it quite clear that his devotion to her should come before his devotion to duty.

Fickle little whore.

Ordo

REXXXX
I'll disagree on the comment about the Neimoidians valuing organic chefs, simply based on the fact that the Trade Federation uses droids for everything in the films. The Neimoidians strike me as being heavily dependent on droids.

Definitely think they missed something when putting this episode together about the Banking Clan, though. That was never a mystery, honestly.

Ordo
hmm...you have a point on the droids.

Hybris
another continuity breach with the Genndy series: The Banking Clan had already been defeated on Muunilist before Skywalker became a knight...

Ordo
Well, if there were multiple planets that were a part of it...

They said that the banking clan was financing both sides of the war. Maybe it "reformed" into a neutral entity. Still though, they should have mentioned it in the episode to make it clear what the continuity was.

I dont know whats going on.

REXXXX
Yeah, the Banking Clan itself was not defeated in the Genndy series. Just Muunilist, where it was based. No doubt it survived that encounter with Kenobi.

Ordo
But why would there still be a sentatorial representative of an organization that has financed the Seps?

Hybris
Well even the trade federation (member of the CIS) still had a senatorial representative according to the episode stick out tongue

REXXXX
Yeah, I'm sure they still had Senators. Otherwise those peeps would be out of a job.

Mayhaps Scipio, though part of the Banking Clan, had not declared its allegiance to the Separatists?

Ordo
Thats like a branch of Wal-Mart claiming it supports American jobs.

REXXXX
Yeah, maybe. Just a conjecture.

Ordo
I forgot to mention in my review. I was out of town and staying with a buddy, so I got him to DVR this episode on his TV so I could watch it when I got there. He was kind enough to do so, but the DVR screwed up and the dialogue volume was about half of what it should have been.

Thus, I got to watch this episode the first time as almost a silent film. I could kind of catch what was being said, but the background music overplayed everything. So it was kind of cool to hear all the background music up close without having to squint through dialogue. I was generally impressed with the range of music that made it into the episode.

REXXXX
Yeah, the soundtracks have been pretty good this season. I hope they release some of it to the public.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.