Thor vs. Silver Surfer (full potential)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
Cbr mode and they are out to kill out of the gate. Powerset vs. powerset who do you favor?

Starscream worded it very nicely.

The battle to settle the age-old debate of who is the ultimate superhero!

Both characters are blood-lusted and have access to complete intel on their opponents (powers, strengths, and weaknesses). For this battle, both characters are fighting to destroy their opponent and will use every power and tactic in their arsenal, no holding back.

No BFR. No PIS. No CIS.

Who wins?

Konton
Silver Surfer for high majority.

Kris Blaze
Both have an arsenal of crazy moves to pull on eachother.

I'm bettin' Surfer's faster on the trigger.

Starscream M
edited

Kris Blaze
And where is Superman?

Starscream M
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
And where is Superman? my mistake

Lord Feron
I agree, In a fight between SS and Thor... Superman gets owned! eek!

quanchi112

I'm bettin' Surfer's faster on the trigger. All Thor needs to do is get his hands on him. Do you really think Thor loses when they both go all out?

Starscream M
This is a tough one, I would give Thor the slight edge

Avlon
Marvel already answered this battle.

It's Thor.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Avlon

It's Thor.

They sure as hell did not.

The Nuul

It's Thor.

What issue?

RKT never fought SS.

Avlon
Originally posted by The Nuul
What issue?

RKT never fought SS.

Where is RKT in the title?

Is Keeper here as well?

DarkOdin

They both bue but i think Thor has very to big advantages

1. Mjolnir can counter and absorb anything Surfer throws at him. While Surfer has to either dodge or counter attack Thor.

2. If Surfer gets in too close Thors H2H would put him down.

Still I think surfer could take a few

Thor 7/10

The Nuul
Where is RKT in the title?

Is Keeper here as well?

Thor @ full potential would be RKT.

Kris Blaze
I'm still waiting on the incident where Marvel supposedly determined who would win.

Avlon
They sure as hell did not.

Are there are some amazing recent panels showing Surfer victorious vs Thor that I've missed?

Kris Blaze
Are there are some amazing recent panels showing Surfer victorious vs Thor that I've missed?

No.

That's why I'm wondering man. When was this stuff decided?

Mindship
< looking for that 10 ft pole with which not to touch this thread...

...ah, fork it.

I'm bettin' Surfer's faster on the trigger. That could be the deciding factor. But it's hardly a safe bet.

Avlon
No.

That's why I'm wondering man. When was this stuff decided?

Thor has more victories vs Surfer.

Let the minute details battle begin!

smile

Kris Blaze
Thor has more victories vs Surfer.

smile

What fights were these?

The one which Surfer won, when Loki had powered him up?

Or the one where Thor was raving mad and beat the Infinity Watch, Surfer and BRB? The comic where they admitted that Thor was too fast for them no expression

Really, I'm wondering which incident determined how a fight between them would go.

The Nuul
Scans or issue number? Where was this determined by Marvel?

Spire
Thor.

Avlon
What fights were these?

The one which Surfer won, when Loki had powered him up?

Where did SS win that fight? He had Thor down but not out and SS admitted Thors weapon was more powerful than his own PC...

the one where Thor was raving mad and beat the Infinity Watch, Surfer and BRB? The comic where they admitted that Thor was too fast for them no expression

That's one win that SS doesn't have...

Till then it'ss 2-0 in favor of Thor.

Kris Blaze
How are these victories? How do they apply to a fight between regular Thor and Surfer?

Thor ended up unconscious, and he was powered up in their second encountered no expression

Avlon
How are these victories? How do they apply to a fight between regular Thor and Surfer?

Thor ended up unconscious, and he was powered up in their second encountered no expression

eek!

Kris Blaze
Right right.

So I'm guessing Thanos' fight with the Infinity gauntlet applies to any opponent he encountered then? Marvel has already determined who'd win between him and eternity?

Avlon
On a side note here...

Why the hell are there new Supes/Thor or Thor/Surfer threads?

Someone close out the countless old ones over the years?

psycho gundam
there wasn't enough bait threads on the forum so people stepped up to fill the void.

Avlon
Ah, I see...

Haven't missed much on my time away from the looks of it...

Same people, same topics, same debates.

Spire
I think versatility will come into play here.

Thor's hammer takes care of energy blasts. What's next? H2H? Surfer doesn't want any of that.

thanos-prime
Thor

Kris Blaze
Of surfer's lost his energy absorption? damn.

Slaanesh
Surfer 8/10

Naija boy

This. Since this is simply powerset mode either thor or surfer could pull of some insane shit that would wreck the other one quick. Surfer is indeed faster and would probably pull his off first (blackhole in the eye or something similar).

DarkOdin
Of surfer's lost his energy absorption? damn. Which won't help him out at all here.

No Cis all Thor has to do is have Mjolnir absorb all of Surfers energy attacks and then amp and send it back two him.

Then what does Surfer do H2H here goes down.

Thor's got him on

H2H

energy absorption and output

They only thing surfer has for him is his speed which Thor will have no problem dealing with as you well know

the Darkone
Thor for the slight majority, but it's close though.

dmills
This is one for the ages. I lean toward Thor because Surfer seems to be a little vulnerable to concussive force, which as we know Thor has plenty of.

Mindset
Originally posted by dmills
This is one for the ages. I lean toward Thor because Surfer seems to be a little vulnerable to concussive force, which as we know Thor has plenty of. He is?

dmills
I could be wrong but iirc the worst ass kickings the Surfer has taken have been from people that have pounded him with blunt force i.e. Thor, Thanos etc.

Naija boy
I could be wrong but iirc the worst ass kickings the Surfer has taken have been from people that have pounded him with blunt force i.e. Thor, Thanos etc. thanos used much more than just concussive force and for the thor incident, u must be referring to B&T, where thor was in a state of pseudo warrior madness and which clearly enhanced him and made him operate at those levels. (and yes i do think he was somehow enhanced, thor cant beat SS,Warlock,and the rest of the infinity watch simulataneously regardless of how angry he is)
Surfer has never shown a vulnerability to concussive force.

dmills
Originally posted by Naija boy
thanos used much more than just concussive force and for the thor incident, u must be referring to B&T, where thor was in a state of pseudo warrior madness and which clearly enhanced him and made him operate at those levels. (and yes i do think he was somehow enhanced, thor cant beat SS,Warlock,and the rest of the infinity watch simulataneously regardless of how angry he is)
Surfer has never shown a vulnerability to concussive force. Well Thanos nearly beat him to death, Thor pounded on him, WWH did as well (PIS is debatable). Now granted it has to be a true power house to pull it off, but he seems to be much more vulnerable to blunt force then he is to energy attacks.

Speaking of Thor, how did their earlier fights go down? I've never seen the old stuff aside from B&T.

D_Dude1210
Thor or Surfer would be a close match. Surfer can still pull off the board blitz (ala. BRB) to neutralize the energy absorption to pull off wins. But I think Thor is a lot smarter and a lot better in his use of his varied powerset than BRB is. Hmmm. But now Thor's back to classic (BRB) levels and the Surfer destroyed BRB in their encounter...

Without PIS, CIS and completely bloodlusted, I can see the Surfer turning his board into a bladed weapon and using it to decapitate Thor. Exiles Surfer style. Still, I see Thor taking wins here.

Surfer 6/10.

Mindset
Well Thanos nearly beat him to death, Thor pounded on him, WWH did as well (PIS is debatable). Now granted it has to be a true power house to pull it off, but he seems to be much more vulnerable to blunt force then he is to energy attacks.

Speaking of Thor, how did their earlier fights go down? I've never seen the old stuff aside from B&T. Thanos was using his energy while punching SS, it was just normal punches.

SS was beating on Hulk while cut off from the power cosmic before he stopped fighting and Hulk started punching him, he still wasn't hurt.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
Without PIS, CIS and completely bloodlusted, I can see the Surfer turning his board into a bladed weapon and using it to decapitate Thor. Exiles Surfer style. Still, I see Thor taking wins here.

Right, such a great tactic. Norrin is capable of much more than those damn kindergarden tricks.

DarkOdin
Thor or Surfer would be a close match. Surfer can still pull off the board blitz (ala. BRB) to neutralize the energy absorption to pull off wins. But I think Thor is a lot smarter and a lot better in his use of his varied powerset than BRB is. Hmmm. But now Thor's back to classic (BRB) levels and the Surfer destroyed BRB in their encounter...

Surfer 6/10.

thor could just have mjolnir make a shield around himself and lunch energy attack/lighting at surfer the whole time Surfer would not be able to get past the hammer when used as a shield. Hell thor could use the hammer to trap the board or bfr it.

Thor just has too many wtf "cheap" ways to win

D_Dude1210
Right, such a great tactic. Norrin is capable of much more than those damn kindergarden tricks.

What other tactics would work exactly? Without the board as a weapon, I really can't see the Surfer getting through Thor's defenses easily. He'd simply absorb all of Norrin's energy attacks and dominate H2H. The board bypasses Thor's energy absorption defense by being a long ranged physical attack and is extremely maneuverable at FTL speeds (allowing it to be very very accurate).

Heck, without this tactic, I'd give it to Thor 6/10 at least.

Originally posted by DarkOdin
thor could just have mjolnir make a shield around himself and lunch energy attack/lighting at surfer the whole time Surfer would not be able to get past the hammer when used as a shield. Hell thor could use the hammer to trap the board or bfr it.

Thor just has too many wtf "cheap" ways to win

Thing is, the surfer can attack from 2 fronts. Using energy attacks as well the board to strike at Thor and get thru his spinning hammer. Also, don't forget that the board moves at FTL, as fast as Thor's reflexes are, I don't see him being able to defend from a frontal energy attack coupled with a sudden board blitz from behind (such as what the Surfer used on BRB). As durable as he is, an edged board hit can do a hell of a lot of damage to Thor.

BFR/trapping doesn't work on the board as the Surfer can recreate it with a thought (just as he did in Annihilation).

DarkOdin

Thing is, the surfer can attack from 2 fronts. Using energy attacks as well the board to strike at Thor and get thru his spinning hammer. Also, don't forget that the board moves at FTL, as fast as Thor's reflexes are, I don't see him being able to defend from a frontal energy attack coupled with a sudden board blitz from behind (such as what the Surfer used on BRB). As durable as he is, an edged board hit can do a hell of a lot of damage to Thor.

BFR/trapping doesn't work on the board as the Surfer can recreate it with a thought (just as he did in Annihilation).

I think more of Thor using the hammer to spin around himself or the surfer and the board thus being able to block from any angle.

Also if surfer lets he board go on it own he will be more open for attack.

thor could easily use the soul removal on surfer who won't be able to dodge it and the board won't be able to take Thor out on it own.

DarkOdin
oops

manx422
Thor

D_Dude1210
I think more of Thor using the hammer to spin around himself or the surfer thus being able to block from any angle.

A hammer spinning Thor is not an attacking Thor, you saying he'll be doing this the whole match?

Also if surfer lets he board go on it own he will be more open for attack.

He won't need to send out his board for longer than a split second. Theoretically, the speeds that it travels allows it to strike Thor and be back before Thor can even realize he's been cut.

thor could easily use the soul removal on surfer who won't be able to dodge it

If this is the lifeforce attack that he used on Loki (if it is not, then can you point me to the scan where this attack was used so I can check out the context?), there is no proof that it can't be dodged. Heck, there is little proof that it can be done while he's defending himself from the Surfer's energy attacks or that it can hit at the range the Surfer would be fighting Thor at (a SMART surfer would far far away from Thor until the time is right to use the board). Also, as soon as Surfer even begins the ritual (meaning no spinny hammer shield), the Surfer can unleash his board and decapitate Thor.

and the board won't be able to take Thor out on it own.

As a blunt weapon, it struck hard enough to stun BRB. As a bladed weapon, it can possibly decapitate Thor or at the least injure him enough to allow the Surfer to finish him off.

DarkOdin
A hammer spinning Thor is not an attacking Thor, you saying he'll be doing this the whole match?

He won't need to send out his board for longer than a split second. Theoretically, the speeds that it travels allows it to strike Thor and be back before Thor can even realize he's been cut.

If this is the lifeforce attack that he used on Loki (if it is not, then can you point me to the scan where this attack was used so I can check out the context?), there is no proof that it can't be dodged. Heck, there is little proof that it can be done while he's defending himself from the Surfer's energy attacks or that it can hit at the range the Surfer would be fighting Thor at (a SMART surfer would far far away from Thor until the time is right to use the board). Also, as soon as Surfer even begins the ritual (meaning no spinny hammer shield), the Surfer can unleash his board and decapitate Thor.

As a blunt weapon, it struck hard enough to stun BRB. As a bladed weapon, it can possibly decapitate Thor or at the least injure him enough to allow the Surfer to finish him off.

Sorry i don't know how to spilt the quote

1. Thor can still use he magic attack such as the lighting wheather control etc... also the Durok dropper attack.

2. Thor should be able to counter the Board his relexs are fast enough also the BRB think happend b/c Surfer distracted BRB and hand the board sneak around him. that wouldn't happen in this set-up.

Also as fast has Surfer can sedn the board in to attack Thor Thor can Send mjolnir to trap both surfer and the board in a vortex.

3. Yes the loki attack guess it could be dodge but if surfer lets his baord go he would loss alot of his speed to dodge the attack.

4. Againit hit BRB from behind while he was distracted not likly going to happen. As a blade weapon i do argee is could take Thor's head off

D_Dude1210
Sorry i don't know how to spilt the quote

1. Thor can still use he magic attack such as the lighting wheather control etc... also the Durok dropper attack.

2. Thor should be able to counter the Board his relexs are fast enough also the BRB think happend b/c Surfer distracted BRB and hand the board sneak around him. that wouldn't happen in this set-up.

Also as fast has Surfer can sedn the board in to attack Thor Thor can Send mjolnir to trap both surfer and the board in a vortex.

3. Yes the loki attack guess it could be dodge but if surfer lets his baord go he would loss alot of his speed to dodge the attack.

4. Againit hit BRB from behind while he was distracted not likly going to happen. As a blade weapon i do argee is could take Thor's head off

Splitting quotes is tedious. I like your format better. smile

1. With no PIS, the Surfer would be moving at FAR faster speeds than lightning. There is also no proof that the Durok dropper attack can be done while Thor is using his hammer to shield himself.

2. Though I do agree that Thor is fast enough to react to the board, I do believe that a distraction/feint attack like what happened when he faced BRB can be easily duplicated. All he really needs is for Thor to attack/defend using the hammer then unleash the board.

I really really really doubt that Thor could create a vortex faster than Surfer can use the board to attack (the board is one of the fastest things in comics).

3. Yes, but like I said, the board operates at speeds far faster than any of Thor's attacks. All it really needs is to tag him as soon as he even attempts an attack and be back even before Thor can raise his shield for the life drain attack.

4. A distraction/feint can be done in a TON of ways. As soon as Thor is not spinning his hammer (to attack, fly, etc.), the Surfer can send his board on a decapitation run even before Thor can blink.

Naija boy
What other tactics would work exactly? Without the board as a weapon, I really can't see the Surfer getting through Thor's defenses easily. He'd simply absorb all of Norrin's energy attacks and dominate H2H. The board bypasses Thor's energy absorption defense by being a long ranged physical attack and is extremely maneuverable at FTL speeds (allowing it to be very very accurate).

Heck, without this tactic, I'd give it to Thor 6/10 at least.

Ur suggested tactic would actually be effective but u r limiting surfer way way to much here. Surfers only abilities arent "speed and blasts". So to suggest that thats his only way to win is a bit of a stretch. Since this is CBR mode surfer can use all of his abilities which are too many to even count.

LEt me give u some other effective strategies fthat surfer can use.
- Going to the astral plane and destroying thors consciousness. We know thor has a mixed history with mental attacks and this would be very dangerous (surfer has actually used this move in battle before)
- shrinking down to subatomic size, infiltrating thors body and destroying him from within.
-pyschically Making thor an empty husk devoid of consciousness or thought ( he actually held back from doing this in battle)
- Surfer can see through time and perceive all time periods simultaneously. hed go back in time and destroy thor as Jake olson or Donald blake or any momemt where thor was weak
-temporal bfr (thor can no longer time travel)
- blackhole in thors body (capable of it but holds back, hence valid in this type of scenario)

I could think of more if tried. Anyhow the point is that in this type of scenario surfer definitely inst only limited to blasting. Its like limiting thor to using generic lightning bolts.

DarkOdin
these full potential no pic/cis thread is more of a roll of the dice.

Naija boy tactics although i don't agree with must of them working but one stands out the must the black hole in Thor body thor has no way to defend against this.

then again Thor could with full potential Thor could just drain out all the powercosmic out of Surfer via Mjolnir

So i don't know how either of thses guys call pull a majority over the other in this type of set-up. Both have ways to kill/stop each other hat can't be countered.

I am going to have to change my mind to Thor 5/10 Surfer 5/10

Naija boy
^ i think these kind of "CBR" threads are mostly for laughs and not to be taken to seriously.

illadelph12
I'd give the edge to Surfer personally. Mainly because, fighting intelligently, Surfer could always form blocks of metal/restraints around Thor's hands and prevent him from wielding Mjolnir, then blast the sh*t out of him. Mjolnir is what makes Thor so formidable, and he can and has been separated from it. I beleive Surfer even blasted it out of Thor's hand repeatedly on panel.

Also, this battle has been done way too many times.

DarkOdin
^ i think these kind of "CBR" threads are mostly for laughs and not to be taken to seriously.

Very true

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor still wins.

gogogadgetgo
surfer wins

a b c math time

brb = classic thor
current thor = no odinforce
no odin force = classic thor
surfer beat brb handily = surfer will beat thor handily

and to those who are saying that mjolnir would make the difference
mjolnir = stormbreaker as stated in stormbreaker saga of brb
so yeah
surfer wins every single time
laughing

Mindship
these full potential no pic/cis thread is more of a roll of the dice.
QFT

Each has strengths, each has weaknesses, and as foes they're an interesting mix. Thor is more dependent on his hammer than Surfer is on his board, but Thor is also the superior h2h fighter. I give the edge to Thor as to who can deliver a more devastating blast, but point goes to Surfer for being faster, more versatile, and frankly, sometimes his durability just drops my jaw.

They really are a very complementary pair of opponents.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
surfer wins

a b c math time

brb = classic thor
current thor = no odinforce
no odin force = classic thor
surfer beat brb handily = surfer will beat thor handily

and to those who are saying that mjolnir would make the difference
mjolnir = stormbreaker as stated in stormbreaker saga of brb
so yeah
surfer wins every single time
laughing

There's the problem with your math.

Seriously though. It was on off panel victory, although it's unquestionable, that Norrin had the advantage. He punches him, and we turn to see Silver Surfer holding Beta Ray Bill in some energy cocoon. Why he didn't use Stormbreaker to defend himself from the energy I have no clue? Neither Thor, or Beta Ray Bill, are beating Norrin, by swinging their hammers and acting like bricks.

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

Seriously though. It was on off panel victory, although it's unquestionable, that Norrin had the advantage. He punches him, and we turn to see Silver Surfer holding Beta Ray Bill in some energy cocoon. Why he didn't use Stormbreaker to defend himself from the energy I have no clue? Neither Thor, or Beta Ray Bill, are beating Norrin, by swinging their hammers and acting like bricks.

There was no energy cocoon. If you go by what the artist is trying to illustrate, basing on the colors he was using to separate the energy signature from each character, that aura was BRB's own fading energies that were emanating from him.

I do agree that Thor will do far better than BRB due to the fact that Thor is far more skilled and versatile with his powers. His exotic attacks are what will get him wins vs. Norrin. I still see Norrin taking this 6/10, tho.

D_Dude1210
Ur suggested tactic would actually be effective but u r limiting surfer way way to much here. Surfers only abilities arent "speed and blasts". So to suggest that thats his only way to win is a bit of a stretch. Since this is CBR mode surfer can use all of his abilities which are too many to even count.

LEt me give u some other effective strategies fthat surfer can use.
- Going to the astral plane and destroying thors consciousness. We know thor has a mixed history with mental attacks and this would be very dangerous (surfer has actually used this move in battle before)
- shrinking down to subatomic size, infiltrating thors body and destroying him from within.
-pyschically Making thor an empty husk devoid of consciousness or thought ( he actually held back from doing this in battle)
- Surfer can see through time and perceive all time periods simultaneously. hed go back in time and destroy thor as Jake olson or Donald blake or any momemt where thor was weak
-temporal bfr (thor can no longer time travel)
- blackhole in thors body (capable of it but holds back, hence valid in this type of scenario)

I could think of more if tried. Anyhow the point is that in this type of scenario surfer definitely inst only limited to blasting. Its like limiting thor to using generic lightning bolts.

Not really limiting Norrin here. :P Just pointing out the attack that I think will most probably get him quick and decisive wins vs. Thor. I think the edged board attack will potentially deal the most damage the quickest and there are like 1000 different ways the Surfer can open Thor up to it. However, I love the ideas you've thrown in. Pretty resourceful.

I have doubts on if all those attacks would work, tho. I DO love the shrinking attack thing, tho. Shrink to subatomic size, enter Thor's ear and open a black hole in his brain. stick out tongue

Rage.Of.Olympus
There was no energy cocoon. If you go by what the artist is trying to illustrate, basing on the colors he was using to separate the energy signature from each character, that aura was BRB's own fading energies that were emanating from him.

I do agree that Thor will do far better than BRB due to the fact that Thor is far more skilled and versatile with his powers. His exotic attacks are what will get him wins vs. Norrin. I still see Norrin taking this 6/10, tho.

We already had this conversation. Honestly, I don't care enough.

Funny how, Silver Surfer did more damage to Beta Ray Bill with one punch, than all the damage his done to Thor put together. Who the hell is this *** writer? I mean I can't believe he gets to write Thor for 4 issues. I swear if he jobs out, his going to die through stoning. Should have had Oeming without a doubt if they wanted more action. Bunch of ****.

I see Thor beating Norrin. From all their encounters even the first, it seemed pretty clear that Thor was the superior in power. Even according to Norrin's words.

Thor wins.

dmills

Seriously though. It was on off panel victory, although it's unquestionable, that Norrin had the advantage. He punches him, and we turn to see Silver Surfer holding Beta Ray Bill in some energy cocoon. Why he didn't use Stormbreaker to defend himself from the energy I have no clue? Neither Thor, or Beta Ray Bill, are beating Norrin, by swinging their hammers and acting like bricks. I agree. He turned on his CIS I guess.

These guy's have so many different ways that they can beat you it's maddening to try and pick a winner.

D_Dude1210
We already had this conversation. Honestly, I don't care enough.

Funny how, Silver Surfer did more damage to Beta Ray Bill with one punch, than all the damage his done to Thor put together. Who the hell is this *** writer? I mean I can't believe he gets to write Thor for 4 issues. I swear if he jobs out, his going to die through stoning. Should have had Oeming without a doubt if they wanted more action. Bunch of ****.

I see Thor beating Norrin. From all their encounters even the first, it seemed pretty clear that Thor was the superior in power. Even according to Norrin's words.

Thor wins.

Yeah we've had that convo before, just clarifying for people that didn't get to read it. ^_^

Well, I respect your opinion, though I don't quite agree with it. stick out tongue

The times I remember the Surfer fighting Thor was their first encounter (where the Surfer was weaker due to his exile on Earth BUT got amped by Loki so the power levels were ambiguous) and B&T (where Thor was, arguably, amped by his rage, even tho some would argue that he wasn't). Both encounters really didn't seem to show w/c one of them had a higher power level. If you have an encounter where their Thor's superiority in power were demonstrated, I'd love to see it.

Yeah, SS really took it to BRB in that issue, tbh, I was kind of surprised myself on how quickly and easily that fight ended. I was kinda really expecting an epic battle that spanned many pages. Tho this COULD be a sign that the Surfer WAS amped by Galactus in Annihilation. ^_^

Naija boy
Not really limiting Norrin here. stick out tongue Just pointing out the attack that I think will most probably get him quick and decisive wins vs. Thor. I think the edged board attack will potentially deal the most damage the quickest and there are like 1000 different ways the Surfer can open Thor up to it. However, I love the ideas you've thrown in. Pretty resourceful.

I have doubts on if all those attacks would work, tho. I DO love the shrinking attack thing, tho. Shrink to subatomic size, enter Thor's ear and open a black hole in his brain. stick out tongue

Ah no worries. I also agree with the edged attack being the quickest way.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yeah we've had that convo before, just clarifying for people that didn't get to read it. ^_^

Well, I respect your opinion, though I don't quite agree with it. stick out tongue

The times I remember the Surfer fighting Thor was their first encounter (where the Surfer was weaker due to his exile on Earth BUT got amped by Loki so the power levels were ambiguous) and B&T (where Thor was, arguably, amped by his rage, even tho some would argue that he wasn't). Both encounters really didn't seem to show w/c one of them had a higher power level. If you have an encounter where their Thor's superiority in power were demonstrated, I'd love to see it.

Yeah, SS really took it to BRB in that issue, tbh, I was kind of surprised myself on how quickly and easily that fight ended. I was kinda really expecting an epic battle that spanned many pages. Tho this COULD be a sign that the Surfer WAS amped by Galactus in Annihilation. ^_^

Silver Surfer was weakened during that time period because Galactus cut him off from the cosmos correct? Well, fortunately for him, Asgard is past the Earth barrier, so he would have been recharged by the ambient cosmic energies(The original fight took place in Asgard.).

On top of that, Loki amped Silver Surfer to the point Norrin himself, said he was more powerful than ever before. And I quote "Never before have I felt so powerful, so strangely invincible".

What really places Thor above Norrin in that issue where Norrin's own personal comparison. Norrin admits Thor had more strength than he could ever know, and even admitted that his hammer's power was superior to his own Power Cosmic. On top of all that, Thor was holding back that fight not unleashing his power as Norrin notes.

That entire fight points to:

Classic Thor > Classic Silver Surfer

D_Dude1210
Silver Surfer was weakened during that time period because Galactus cut him off from the cosmos correct? Well, fortunately for him, Asgard is past the Earth barrier, so he would have been recharged by the ambient cosmic energies(The original fight took place in Asgard.).

On top of that, Loki amped Silver Surfer to the point Norrin himself, said he was more powerful than ever before. And I quote "Never before have I felt so powerful, so strangely invincible".

What really places Thor above Norrin in that issue where Norrin's own personal comparison. Norrin admits Thor had more strength than he could ever know, and even admitted that his hammer's power was superior to his own Power Cosmic. On top of all that, Thor was holding back that fight not unleashing his power as Norrin notes.

That entire fight points to:

Classic Thor > Classic Silver Surfer

Comments made in passing by characters during/after a fight is hardly a good indication on who is more powerful.

If we base power levels on comments made by the characters on-panel, then we need to consider the statement made by the Surfer when he took down BRB. "You cannot match me". So if you say Classic Thor > Classic Surfer based on comments, then we need to consider Current Surfer >>> BRB (who is equal to Classic Thor) in power.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Comments made in passing by characters during/after a fight is hardly a good indication on who is more powerful.

If we base power levels on comments made by the characters on-panel, then we need to consider the statement made by the Surfer when he took down BRB. "You cannot match me". So if you say Classic Thor > Classic Surfer based on comments, then we need to consider Current Surfer > BRB (who is equal to Classic Thor) in power.

That is true to an extent, but some characters tend to brag, some tend to life. The circumstances of theses once seem legit enough, but I also hold Silver Surfer's statements in higher regard than I would most beings (Like say Superman etc.), because of his cosmic senses, utmost control over his own power cosmic and the fact that he admitted these thoughts to himself. Personally.

That entire fight, was led to indicate that "Classic Thor > Classic Silver Surfer". At least in my opinion. That's all I'm saying.

Classic Silver Surfer = Current Silver Surfer

In power. He refused the upgrade from Galactus.

Beta Ray Bill =/= Classic Thor

Honestly, all these supposed equals of Thor? Hercules, Red Norvell, Beta Ray Bill, when the push comes to shove, none reach Thor's standards/level. Beta Ray Bill definitely comes close.

Classic Thor > Beta Ray Bill

I thought that was evident. Has access to much more energy out put, and has even beaten him. I'd say:

Classic Thor > Classic Silver Surfer > Beta Ray Bill > Stardust

Still, a fight between Norrin and Bill should be epic, with Norrin taking 6/10. Seriously, if nothing happened off panel, that means Norrin took Bill down in a single punch, which is utter bullshit of the highest order.

I swear if this new writer *** jobs Thor, I'm going to kill him.

D_Dude1210
That is true to an extent, but some characters tend to brag, some tend to life. The circumstances of theses once seem legit enough, but I also hold Silver Surfer's statements in higher regard than I would most beings (Like say Superman etc.), because of his cosmic senses, utmost control over his own power cosmic and the fact that he admitted these thoughts to himself. Personally.

That entire fight, was led to indicate that "Classic Thor > Classic Silver Surfer". At least in my opinion. That's all I'm saying.

Classic Silver Surfer = Current Silver Surfer

In power. He refused the upgrade from Galactus.

Beta Ray Bill =/= Classic Thor

Honestly, all these supposed equals of Thor? Hercules, Red Norvell, Beta Ray Bill, when the push comes to shove, none reach Thor's standards/level. Beta Ray Bill definitely comes close.

Classic Thor > Beta Ray Bill

I thought that was evident. Has access to much more energy out put, and has even beaten him. I'd say:

Classic Thor > Classic Silver Surfer > Beta Ray Bill > Stardust

Still, a fight between Norrin and Bill should be epic, with Norrin taking 6/10. Seriously, if nothing happened off panel, that means Norrin took Bill down in a single punch, which is utter bullshit of the highest order.

I swear if this new writer *** jobs Thor, I'm going to kill him.

Well, we have to agree to disagree here. Though I see your points, I still consider combat results and demonstrated power thru feats as the better indicator of power levels. I think Classic Thor and pre-annihilation, post-earth exile Surfer has shown enough feats to put them as equal. In Annihilation, I believe the Surfer got an upgrade in power, so now I would put him at slightly higher than Thor.

The problem with BRB (w/ CIS on) is that he tends to just be a flying brick with a hammer. That is why I used to give the Surfer 7/10 against him (after an epic battle though). The fight (w/c some ppl consider jobbing) between him and the Surfer dropped my respect for him even more to Surfer 10/10. sad

In Annihilation, I believe he just refused the removal of remorse there was never anything indication that he refused the "new power", tho there is no conclusive indication of that either way.

Also, I own more Thor comics and have been collecting more Thor comics than I do Surfer comics. ;P They're both my favorite characters and if that new writer jobs Thor, I'll join you in lynchin im! :P

Rage.Of.Olympus
Well, we have to agree to disagree here. Though I see your points, I still consider combat results and demonstrated power thru feats as the better indicator of power levels. I think Classic Thor and pre-annihilation, post-earth exile Surfer shown enough feats to put them as equal. In Annihilation, I believe the Surfer got an upgrade in power, so now I would put him at slightly higher than Thor.

Their first fight indicated Thor as the superior at least against a non amped Classic Silver Surfer. I thought that much was evident. And every fight after that, Thor sent Norrin running for the hills. Thor has better power out put, and defensive capabilities than Norrin on top of apparently superior raw power.

He turned down the upgrade from what I remember.

The problem with BRB (w/ CIS on) is that he tends to just be a flying brick with a hammer. That is why I used to give the Surfer 7/10 against him (after an epic battle though). The fight (w/c some ppl consider jobbing) between him and the Surfer dropped my respect for him even more to Surfer 10/10. sad

Surfer taking 10/10 over Bill is silly in my opinion. Bill jobbed. I mean without any off panel showing, he took him down in one punch. One punch? Bill has Top Tier feats and his taken down in one punch? That's just stupidity man.

Bill should take 3/10 wins against Norrin. Hell, I can even make a compelling argument for a near split. Then we have their most recent fight, which just brings Bill's stock, low.......

In Annihilation, I believe he just refused the removal of remorse there was never anything indication that he refused the "new power", tho there is no conclusive indication of that either way.

Fair enough. It always seemed to me like he refused the power up/

Also, I own more Thor comics and have been collecting more Thor comics than I do Surfer comics. ;P They're both my favorite characters and if that new writer jobs Thor, I'll join you in lynchin im! :P

thumb up

I say we tie him up and beat him with Mjolnir replicas.

D_Dude1210
I say we tie him up and beat him with Mjolnir replicas.

He won't deserve to be beaten up with Mjolnir replicas. I say we should use Stormbreaker replicas. big grin

Rage.Of.Olympus
He won't deserve to be beaten up with Mjolnir replicas. I say we should use Stormbreaker replicas. big grin

laughing out loud

http://pwbeat.publishersweekly.com/blog/wp-content/2008/04/_gallery_xueren_Minifigs_MARVEL_beta_ray_bill.jpg

D_Dude1210
laughing out loud

http://pwbeat.publishersweekly.com/blog/wp-content/2008/04/_gallery_xueren_Minifigs_MARVEL_beta_ray_bill.jpg

I don't know why, but that made me SERIOUSLY LOL. laughing

psycho gundam
i think you meant this:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41X7LviLMNL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by psycho gundam
i think you meant this:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41X7LviLMNL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Well, that one looks cool. Lego Ray Bill made me LOL.

psycho gundam
can you bludgeon someone with the lego one though?

big grin

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by psycho gundam
can you bludgeon someone with the lego one though?

big grin

With enough of them, you can. wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.